"TELLING QUOTES from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's book, 'COMMON GROUND' ", says É(eh)PC President/Party Leader

ken....@gmail.com

May 3, 2017, 10:22:39 AM5/3/17
========
FOREWORD
========

HIS RECORD TO DATE
==================
It tells you pretty much what he's prepared to do for you:
it appears NOT MUCH and NOT MORE THAN IS NECESSARY TO GET
RE-ELECTED.

Is that THE PRINCIPLED THING TO DO?

MOTIVATION
==========
HIS MOTIVATION FOR THE BOOK "COMMON GROUND" (Copyright
date: 2014) "I wanted to write a book explaining how
I came to be the person I am." (p. 34)

WORKING HARD
============
"As I hope I have made clear throughout this book, ...
I am working hard to earn this country's trust." (p. 288)

REFRAIN
=======
"hope and hard work" (p. 265)
"Hope and Hard Work" (p. 267) (The title of Chapter Nine)
"hope and hard work" (p. 268)
"hope and hard work" (p. 269)
"hope and hard work" (p. 307)

WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN
===================
"... I am a man who knows how to draw us together to make it
happen." (p. 295)

Note: *WHAT* he will make happen, he doesN'T say?

HILARIOUS ASSERTION
===================
"Because of his own Brébeuf education, my father had been a
fluent Latin speaker from his teenage years and he used it
to navigate the far corners of the world ... ." (p. 60)

WHO ELSE from Brébeuf spoke Latin? His dad couldN'T have
been the only one. (Ha! Ha!)

However, NOT VERY LIKELY though: there have been only
two (2) Vatican priests to ever have claimed to be
able to carry on a conversation in Latin.

THIS HILARIOUS ASSERTION does set THE TONE for his book.
Is he to be TAKEN SERIOUSLY?

ASINE, CONTRADICTORY LINE
=========================
This was HIS TRICK: "My goal for my first year (as MP, member
of Parliament) was to figure out a simple trick: keep my head
down while holding my head high." (p. 144)

THIS PRICELESS LINE, in my view, BECAUSE IT nicely
sets up THE BLAH-BLAH TONE OF THE BOOK.

But, SERIOUSLY?

He comes off, I think, as YOUR *REGULAR* BLAH-BLAH
MINISTER, but with SUNNY WAYS and SMILING FACE and
A WAVING and TAKING SELFIES.

LIKE ALL PREVIOUS PRIME MINISTERS, he has NO PLANS
OF SUBSTANCE WITH TIMELINES to deal with Canada's
important issues: LETTING THINGS SLIDE IS NOT THE
WAY TO GO. In fact, it's IRRESPONSIBLE.

THIS MILLIONAIRE (perhaps MULTIMILLIONAIRE) GUY,
I think, should PICK UP HIS MARBLES and GO HOME.

"Justin Trudeau: Common Ground",
Harper Collins Publishers Ltd, 2014, 343 pages.

============
INTRODUCTION
============
According to him national unity comes from FINDING THE
COMMON GROUND and making the economy stronger by
BUILDING THE MIDDLE-CLASS.

True?

NOT TRUE?

Justin Trudeau (believes like his predecessors) (NO NEW
THINKING HERE): "Canada's prosperity depends on our
ability to develop our natural resources and get them to world
markets." (p. 251)

CLICHÉ THINKING.

Canada's prosperity is dEpendent on WEALTH REDISTRIBUTION
(SHARED PROSPERITY), THE ELIMINATION OF UNNECESSARY GOV'T
SPENDING for A STRONG ECONOMY and PRODUCTIVITY (where
everyone can be productive so everyone can contribute
to Canada's prosperity and future prosperity.

And like his predecessors, he says: " ... the people who
lead Canada need to be ... generous of spirit toward all
... ." (p. 258)

ANOTHER OVERUSED, CLICHÉ LINE, no?

HIS *ONLY* CONCERN FOR THE MIDDLE-
CLASS *excludes* a lot of Canadians.

This is NOT INCLUSIVE POLITICS.

WHY POLITICS?
============
HIS MOTIVATION (like that of his predecessors) he says is
service: "There was my desire to serve Canada." (p. 253)

SUCH A CLICHÉ LINE that lacks specificity, and hence,
lacks sincerity.

THANK GOD, he's NOT another Hillary or BILL CLINTON taking
advantage of THE PUBLIC PURSE and all that it has to offer:
THAT'S A RELIEF. (HA! Ha!)

"I believed Canada needed new leadership and Canadians a new
plan." (p. 270)

WHAT!

A PLAN?

WHAT PLAN?

Have we seen ANY PLAN as of yet?

"I am running because I believe this country wants and needs
new leadership." (p. 304)

What have we "substantially" (not stylistically) seen in the
way of NEW LEADERSHIP so far?

"When was the last time you had a leader you actually trusted?"
(p. 305)

He can't be trusted if it' ALL GOING TO BE SAME OLD SAME
OLD.

"... a leader who will 'begin, spend, and end every day'
thinking about how to make this country better ... ."
(p. 305)

DIRECTION
=========
"... Mr. Harper's government was taking Canada in the wrong direction
... ." (p. 254)

ALRIGHT.

However, IN WHAT DIRECTION is *he* taking Canada?

Did he ever say?

Does he know?

(OR is letting THE BACKROOM BOYS – THE JEAN COUTU GANG OF
*multimillionaire* QUEBEC LIBERALS - *multimillionaires*
like himself, THE GOLDEN BOY - decide that for him on an
AD HOC BASIS given THE PREVAILING WINDS of the day?)

By the way, he promised to TAX THE RICH MORE, didN'T he?

Has he?

It appears he's looking after himself+*HIS* RICH LIBERAL
FRIENDS.

Is this about PUBLIC SERVICE or SELF SERVICE?

What do you think?

Hint: in Canada, historically, PUBLIC SERVICE
has ALWAYS been about SELF SERVICE,
LAPPING IT UP at THE PUBLIC TROUGH.
SLURP! SLURP!

RICH KID
========
"I had ... traveled enough to hang out with the types who
skied in Europe." (p. 73)

AVERAGE
=======
" ... my erratic grades." (p. 81)
"... my average academic performance at Brébeuf." (p. 79)

THE PROMISE
===========
Justin Trudeau promised us "a new kind of politics. One that
sought to bring people together to build on common ground
... ." (p. 265)

He said: "My friends, we will do better." (p. 304)

BETTER?

He claims his Liberal Party is "building a better country" (p. 306)

He says: "I can bring new forces to bear on old problems." (p. 304)

NEW FORCES? Is he keeping them in the closet for now? (Ha! Ha!)

"Canada needs a better government, not just a different government."
(p. 262)

"the right plan, and the right people to implement it,
in the right way." (p. 274)

WHEN are we going to get THIS *NEW* KIND OF POLITICS
he promised?

$$$
===
"begin to professionalize fundraising" (p. 238)

"The supporters ... would ... create a broad base for raising money ... ." (p. 240)

(We now know about his $1,500 Liberal Party fundraising dinners.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/trudeau-attended-cash-for-access-fundraiser-with-chinese-billionaires/article32971362/)

WHAT's the #1 preoccupation of the Liberals?

$$$?

THE LIBERAL PARTY OF CANADA
===========================
"a party of values and ideas" (p. 227)

"a better kind of liberal political movement" (p. 243)

"We needed to remind the voters of the values and philosophy behind
Liberal Red." (p. 177)

Please, REMIND ME. (Ha! Ha!)

With "the fall-out of the Gomery Commission ... the party's basic
integrity was called ... into question." (p. 238)

"... the party had become too self-centred and concerned with its
own success ... . (p. 261)

"We needed a new mission, new ideas, and new people." (p. 270)

NEW?

"... too many Canadians don't know what the Liberal Party stands for."
(p. 280) (Do you?) (Ha! Ha!)

PROSPERITY
==========
"... Canada's prosperity depends upon our ability to
develop our natural resources and get them to world
markets." (p. 251)

SAID TIME AND AGAIN by the prime ministers of Canada:
NO NEW THINKING here.

POOR RIDING
===========
According to the 2006 census, Justin Trudeau's riding of Papineau
has the lowest average family income in Canada.

"In Papineau I represent too many parents who are so poor they
routinely send their children to school without breakfast." (p. 202)

"Papineau ... taught me a lot about the problem of income and
wealth inequality in Western society," (p. 202)

"I felt I had gotten to know the people of this riding and their
concerns." (p. 185)

"I heard about the economic challenges that many ... faced ... .
Their debts were growing but their incomes weren't. Many ...
emerging from that grocery store could barely afford the
food to feed their families." (p. 179)

So WHAT?

WHAT has he DONE about that?

NOTHING?

COMMON GROUND
=============
"... the Liberal Party ... since Wilfred Laurier has tried to focus
on building common ground among people." (p. 238)

"When we feel better off by sharing common ground, we seek it out,
build on it, and expand it for others." (p. 272)

"... to find common ground. That is how we have worked toward a just
and prosperous country." (p. 284)

"I tried to build common ground around common values." (p. 188)

"... a new kind of politics. One that sought to bring people together
to build on common ground ... ." (p. 265)

"We have problems ... . And solve them we will ... by building
on common ground." (p. 288)

FINDING COMMON GROUND does NOT put food in the EMPTY BELLIES
of those suffering FOOD INSECURITY - the majority of whom
are our indigenous peoples.

MIDDLE-CLASS AGENDA
===================
"... our ... middle-class is Canada's centre of gravity" (p. 330)

"I say this to the ... middle-class ... : under my leadership, the
purpose of the Liberal Party of Canada will be you." (p. 323)

"The hallmark of ... my leadership would be a plan for economic
growth that works for middle-class Canadians." (p. 270)

"growth that works for the middle-class" (p. 284)

"Our ... economic objective will be prosperity for the middle-class
and those .... who are working hard to join it." (p. 310)

"We've focused on the big issues like the prosperity of the middle-
class ... ." (p. 312)

"Helping the middle-class make ends meet." (p. 321)

"... the key to growth, to opportunity, to progress, is a thriving
middle-class." (p. 301)

"I said in my speech 'it is the middle-class, not the political
class, that units the country.' " (p. 271)

"It is the middle-class that makes this country great." (p. 302)

THE BEST THING you can do for the economy is
provide A LIVING WAGE [$20 an hour minimum
wage with the É(eh)PC] and A GUARANTEED
INCOME which the É(eh)PC offers.

THE MAJOR CHALLENGES
====================
According to Justin Trudeau, THE MAJOR CHALLENGES are:
1. stalled middle-class incomes
2. climate change
3. the erosion of our democracy
4. getting our natural resources to global markets (p. 254)

THE CHALLENGE is to REDO Gov't so that it is 100%
financially transparent, 50% SMALLER so it can
give back MUCH MORE to Canadians so they
can be as productive as they want to be that's
what the É(eh)PC intends to do.

FIRST PEOPLES
=============
"Your place is not on the margins. It is at the very heart of who
we are ... " (p. 300)

"I have spent too much time in too many remote reserve communities
to be anything but clear-eyed about the challenges many First
Nations, Métis, and Inuit people face." (p. 235)

"... we have failed to achieve a respectful, functioning relationship
with First Nations." (p. 235)

"The predicament of First Nations, and our willingness as non-
Aboriginals to abide the abject poverty and injustice that
affect so many, is a great moral stain on Canada." (p. 235)

They suffer from bad housing, contaminated water, sporadic
electricity, bad health and bad education.

Until now, WHAT has he done to improve THEIR 3rd WORLD
LIVING CONDITIONS?

"Canadians share deep values ... . Optimism. Openness.
Compassion. Service to community. Generosity of
spirit." (pp. 322-323)

NEVER TOWARDS OUR INDIGENOUS FIRST PEOPLES whose INHUMAN
LIVING CONDITIONS demean and denigrate them.

The É(eh)PC intends to make them MODEL COMMUNITIES.

HIS CORRESPONDENCE, WHO DOES IT?
===============================
He says: "I took so seriously the responsibility of responding to
correspondence sent to my office ... ." (p. 218)

THEN, he adds, he recruited "volunteers ... young people, mostly
students, who would each come in for a few hours a week and help
respond to the piles of letters, in exchange for work experience
in a parliamentary setting ... ." (p. 219)

SO, does he do his own correspondence or do young, student
volunteers do it?

Youth, COUNT?
============
He claims he will be "fighting for youth in Canada"
(p. 224) because of his "resolve to speak loudly
and clearly for young people across the country."
(p. 224)

He even appointed himself as the Minister for Youth.

As much as he says he cares about youth, he seems to
use them as AN UNTAPPED WORKFORCE TO BE *EXPLOITED*
FOR FREE which he has been doing.

He even used *UNPAID* University of Toronto interns
at his Leadership Campaign Office on John Street
in Toronto.

THE GUYS IS RICH: HE HAD THE $$$ TO PAY THEM.

That's NOT abuse?

SURE!

The É(eh)PC is 100% *OPPOSED* to the use of
UNPAID INTERNS.

VOLUNTEERISM
============
"Starting with a massive volunteer recruitment campaign, we set
in motion ... the largest effort to engage people in politics.
We took great pride ... that our campaigned was fuelled by
(12,000) volunteers." (p. 284)

"... we built a countrywide network of volunteers ... working ...
to reconnect our party ... ." (p. 287)

"... we can convince young Canadians that serving this great
country is its own reward." (p. 271)

"I ... wanted ... a study ... on volunteerism and how the govern-
ment might encourage it through a framework for a national youth
service." (p. 223)

"... if young people came up to me and said they were interested
in politics, I'd tell them they were welcome to come into my
office and help out." (p. 219)

"... young volunteers stuffing envelopes or writing on a computer,
... ." (p. 219)

"Others will apply their civic-mindedness through volunteer work."
(p. 241)

"Lunch was usually shared with volunteers in the campaign
office ... ." (p. 206)

(All TOP 3 POLITICAL PARTIES have $80+ million
going into an election.)

GIVEN THEIR ABILITY TO PAY, couldN'T they
pay their campaign staff?

SURE!

Where's THEIR SOCIAL CONSCIENCE?

IF THEY CARED, THEY WOULD.

But they DON'T!

*CROOKED* FASCIST Police State GANGSTERISM
BRIBES FROM LOBBYISTS+KICKBACKS from EVERY Gov't
contract, loan, and free money (CORPORATE WELFARE)
given to CORPORATIONS make our politicians BAD GUYS
and their political party, A GANGSTER ORGANIZATION?

Yep!

Do you AGREE?

The É(eh)PC
===========
For THE GOOD LIFE+YOUR SHARE OF THE PIE
thanks to 100% financially transparent
DEMOCRACY+STRONG INCOME SECURITY MEA-
SURES (like guaranteed income+a li-
ving wage) join+support the É(eh)PC.

Kenneth Selin (say'leen)
~~~
B.A.(Psychology), B.A.(Spanish), B.Admin.,
B.Comm.(Honours), B.A.(Italian) "magna cum laude"
~~~
É(eh)PC
President/Party Leader
~~~