[OT NEWS] Shannen Doherty in Riverdale's Luke Perry tribute episode

Your Name

Jul 21, 2019, 10:19:39 PM7/21/19

From Variety.com ...

Shannen Doherty Joins 'Riverdale' Season 4 in Luke Perry Tribute
"Riverdale" is planning to make a special tribute to Luke Perry.

The show's executive producer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa announced
at Comic-Con that Shannen Doherty, Perry's longtime friend and
"Beverly Hills 90210" co-star, will guest star in the season 4
premiere. The tribute episode will "reflect Perry's enduring l
egacy and the indelible imprint his character" Fred Andrews had
on the series. Precise details on Doherty's character are being
kept under wraps, but Aguirre-Sacasa described it as "very
emotional."

Perry died in March, 2019 at the age of 52 after suffering a
major stroke. At the time, Doherty expressed that she was
"struggling with this loss" and that "processing (it) is
impossible."

Aguirre-Sacasa revealed that he and Perry had been planning to
have Doherty on the show for some time and that her presence in
the series is "something that Luke wanted to happen since
season 1." Perry played the father to KJ Apa's Archie.

"They were such good friends, and when we were putting together
this tribute episode, we wanted to make it as special as
possible, and so we asked Shannen to do a pivotal,
super-emotional role. She read the script and immediately said
'yes.' It's very impactful," said Aguirre-Sacasa.

Doherty will star in the "BH90210" reboot series, alongside
original stars Jason Priestley, Jennie Garth, Ian Ziering,
Gabrielle Carteris, Brian Austin Green and Tori Spelling, which
is coming to Fox later this year and will also honor Perry in
some form.

Continues on Variety.com.
<https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/shannen-doherty-riverdale-season-4-luke-perry-tribute-1203274875/>

David

Jul 22, 2019, 6:25:52 PM7/22/19
"Your Name" wrote in message news:qh36fn$1dr7$1...@gioia.aioe.org...
Don't watch Riverdale, could never get interested. But I might catch
this particular episode. Never watched 90210; didn't interest me.

Your Name

Jul 22, 2019, 9:21:41 PM7/22/19
I haven't seen it either nor ever read any of the comic books it's based on.

According to a video interview on that webpage, it's a standalone
episode, but you'd probably still need to know who the characters and
connections are for it to make sense ... unless it's simply a
behind-the-scenes type of thing with the cast.