Christy, and Billie

Viper

Apr 5, 2006, 6:34:21 AM4/5/06
Wyatt's children. Sent to the past to protect them as they are the source of all power good and evil. Born in alternate realities,
one is the daughter of the "good" Wyatt and the other is the daughter of the "evil" Wyatt - both placed in the past by a dying
Paige.

Bonnie B

Apr 5, 2006, 7:57:40 AM4/5/06
On 5 Apr 2006 10:34:21 GMT, the faaaaabulous supreme deity
Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli, Ruler of the heavens and host of fab parties,
opened the heavens and shone his light upon the wisdom of Viper
<vi...@dbuffalo.com>

>Wyatt's children. Sent to the past to protect them as they are the source of all power good and evil. Born in alternate realities,
>one is the daughter of the "good" Wyatt and the other is the daughter of the "evil" Wyatt - both placed in the past by a dying
>Paige.

Honey, X-Men already did that, when Jean Grey sent her daughter Rachel
to the past after Jean went to the future to raise her son Cable.

Then there was that whole Madlyn Pryor fiasco..........

William George Ferguson

Apr 5, 2006, 12:23:03 PM4/5/06

Unless there's been a massive retcon, or you're working off the animated tv
series storyline or something, that's not the way it happened.

Here's the simple and easy to understand Summers family history.

In a future timeline, the American government assassinated Scott and Alex
Summers. Jean Grey and Lorna Dane went bonkers in reaction and destroyed
Washington D.C. and Baltimore before being taken down. Scott and Jean's
daughter Rachel was raised at the Xavier Mansion under the care of
Katherine (Kitty) Pryde, until government forces launched an assault on the
mansion resulting in the deaths of most of its inhabitants, including
Professor Xavier. Rachel, then about 6, was imprisoned and trained to be a
'hound' tracking down rogue mutants for the government.

When she was a teenager, she and her sweetheart, Franklin Richards (the son
of Reed and Sue Richards) combined their powers to project Kate Pryde's
spirit into the past where she temporarily took over her teenage (Kitty
Pryde) body to warn the X-Men and try to short-circuit key events that led
to their future. Later, she and Kate (not Jean who had been dead since she
was a young child) sent Rachel physically into the past.

In an alternate version of this future, Franklin and Rachel had a son, who
was called Hyperstorm.

So, Rachel was now in the present (her past), but was seriously weirded
that not only had her parents not gotten married, but that Jean Grey Died
On The Moon (JGDOTM) before having children. Meanwhile, her father, Scott
had moved on and had married another woman, Madelyne Pryor (Chris Claremont
was a big Steeleye Span fan), who, unbeknownst to anyone who was blind,
deaf, and dumb. was a clone of Jean Grey. Scott and Maddy had a son,
Nathan, but he was infected by a bad guy with the transmode virus (turns
you into living machinery), and they ended up sending him into the future
where there was technology available to save him.

Scott and Maddy had moved to Alaska, but when Scott heard that Jean had
been found alive in a coccoon at the bottom of New York Harbor, he dropped
the pregnant Maddy like a bad habit, and rushed off to Jean. After baby
Nathan was born, Maddy turned evil and ended up being killed by Jean.

Meanwhile, Professor Xavier's son David (called Legion), a psychotic mpd
(but in his case, the multiple personalities were real people whose
personalities he had absorbed) went time hopping and killed Xavier in the
past, triggering an alternate present where Apocalypse ruled most the
world, and Magneto was the leader of the good guys. One of the bad guys,
Mister Sinister, artificially combined genetic material from Jean Grey and
Scott Summers, creating Nate Grey. When that altenate present was
destroyed, Nate Grey escaped to the 'real' present.

Nate Summers, who had been sent to the future to have his transmode virus
treated, was raised by a couple of people who were, unknown to him, Scott
and Jean who were time travelling. They ended up leaving him in the care
of the Askani Sisterhood, the followers of Mother Askani, who was actually
his sister Rachel, now grown old. When he was in his 30s, he also
time-hopped, ending up back in the 'present'.

So, Jean is about 25 (and currently dead for about the 4th time), has never
been pregnant, and has three children, her 30 something son Nate Summers,
his teenage identical twin Nate Grey, and her 20 year old daughter Rachel
Summers (30 something Nate's older sister). Oh yeah Rachel is currently
going by Rachel Grey, to honor her mother and because she's ticked off at
her father (who has moved on again, and is cohabiting with Emma Frost, the
White Queen).

See, easy.

(Oh yeah, the third Summers brother has just shown up in the comics)

--
... and my sister is a vampire slayer, her best friend is a witch who
went bonkers and tried to destroy the world, um, I actually used to be

Bonnie B

Apr 6, 2006, 1:02:20 AM4/6/06
On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 09:23:03 -0700, the faaaaabulous supreme deity

Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli, Ruler of the heavens and host of fab parties,
opened the heavens and shone his light upon the wisdom of William
George Ferguson <wmgf...@newsguy.com>

>On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 04:57:40 -0700, Bonnie B <bon...@fifismaxi.pad> wrote:
>
>>On 5 Apr 2006 10:34:21 GMT, the faaaaabulous supreme deity
>>Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli, Ruler of the heavens and host of fab parties,
>>opened the heavens and shone his light upon the wisdom of Viper
>><vi...@dbuffalo.com>
>>
>>>Wyatt's children. Sent to the past to protect them as they are the source of all power good and evil. Born in alternate realities,
>>>one is the daughter of the "good" Wyatt and the other is the daughter of the "evil" Wyatt - both placed in the past by a dying
>>>Paige.
>>
>>Honey, X-Men already did that, when Jean Grey sent her daughter Rachel
>>to the past after Jean went to the future to raise her son Cable.
>>
>>Then there was that whole Madlyn Pryor fiasco..........
>
>Unless there's been a massive retcon, or you're working off the animated tv
>series storyline or something,

Neither. The TV series didn't even address Madlyn.

Shut up!
Cyclops is doin' Emma Frost????
That's fukkin' disgusting!

>See, easy.
>
>(Oh yeah, the third Summers brother has just shown up in the comics)

But how's Wanda doing? Did she ever figure out that her twins were
just psychoprojective images?

Seriously -- thanks for clearing that up. It's been a LOOOOOOONG time
since I read X-Men.
Oh, and X3 -- due out in May!!!!!!!!

William George Ferguson

Apr 6, 2006, 2:01:29 PM4/6/06

If you've heard references to 'House of M', that's Wanda's latest
storyline.

It was revealed that her twins were psychoprojective images several years
ago in West Coast Avengers (or Avengers West Coast, whichever it was being
called at the time). She kind of cracked up, and never completely got
better from that. Then a government agency took down the Vision,
completely dismembering him. He got put back together, but he no longer
had the emotional/empathic reactions that he had previously, leading to him
and Wanda disconnecting. He ultimately got his emotions back, but he and
Wanda didn't get back together.

In the Avengers Disassembled storyline a couple of years ago, it was
revealed that Wanda went completely bonkers (it wasn't revealed that Wanda
was behind stuff until the end). She caused a lot of bad stuff, killed
several people who are still currently dead (including Hawkeye and the
Scott Lang Ant-Man), and ultimately was made catatonic by Dr. Strange.
Magneto then took custody of her, without asking, (which should have raised
more comment than it did since he was then currently dead) and took her to
Genosha (which had been destroyed again, this time by rogue Sentinals)
where Professor X tried to treat her psychosis.

That led into last year's big crossover, House of M. Wanda (triggered by
Quicksilver, though this wasn't revealed until the end of the crossover)
rewrote reality so the mutants were on top, and Magneto was the beloved
ruler of the planet. She also rewrote how different people behaved, to
make them fit into her reality, and even resurrected some dead people
(Hawkeye, who she had killed, Illyana who's been dead for a long time,
others). Strange and Emma Frost ultimately broke her reality and returned
the world to the way it was, but as a final act, Wanda rewrote reality so
that somthing over 90% of the world's mutants were no longer mutants,
including her, Quicksilver, and Magneto. That's the way things stand
currently.

(Oh yeah, 90% of the worlds mutants were de-powered, but 0% of the main
mutant characters were depowered (other than Magneto's family), with Lorna
Dane being the highest profile former mutant)

Next up, the government is going to start registering superheroes and
requiring them to work for the government. Some of them will disagree.
This is going to be called 'Civil War'.

Bonnie B

Apr 6, 2006, 6:29:44 PM4/6/06
On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 11:01:29 -0700, the faaaaabulous supreme deity

Nope, haven't heard squat.

>It was revealed that her twins were psychoprojective images several years
>ago in West Coast Avengers (or Avengers West Coast, whichever it was being
>called at the time). She kind of cracked up, and never completely got
>better from that. Then a government agency took down the Vision,
>completely dismembering him. He got put back together, but he no longer
>had the emotional/empathic reactions that he had previously, leading to him
>and Wanda disconnecting. He ultimately got his emotions back, but he and
>Wanda didn't get back together.
>
>In the Avengers Disassembled storyline a couple of years ago, it was
>revealed that Wanda went completely bonkers (it wasn't revealed that Wanda
>was behind stuff until the end). She caused a lot of bad stuff, killed
>several people who are still currently dead (including Hawkeye and the
>Scott Lang Ant-Man), and ultimately was made catatonic by Dr. Strange.
>Magneto then took custody of her, without asking, (which should have raised
>more comment than it did since he was then currently dead) and took her to
>Genosha (which had been destroyed again, this time by rogue Sentinals)
>where Professor X tried to treat her psychosis.

She could have had better treatment in Wundergore or in Transia by
Agatha.

>That led into last year's big crossover, House of M. Wanda (triggered by
>Quicksilver, though this wasn't revealed until the end of the crossover)
>rewrote reality so the mutants were on top, and Magneto was the beloved
>ruler of the planet. She also rewrote how different people behaved, to
>make them fit into her reality, and even resurrected some dead people
>(Hawkeye, who she had killed, Illyana who's been dead for a long time,
>others). Strange and Emma Frost ultimately broke her reality and returned
>the world to the way it was, but as a final act, Wanda rewrote reality so
>that somthing over 90% of the world's mutants were no longer mutants,
>including her, Quicksilver, and Magneto. That's the way things stand
>currently.

<gasp of horror>

No more Scarlet Witch??????

>(Oh yeah, 90% of the worlds mutants were de-powered, but 0% of the main
>mutant characters were depowered (other than Magneto's family), with Lorna
>Dane being the highest profile former mutant)

Why? Lorna Dane's a bitch.

>Next up, the government is going to start registering superheroes and
>requiring them to work for the government. Some of them will disagree.
>This is going to be called 'Civil War'.

Then Wanda better get her powers back, pronto!

Rob Jensen

Apr 6, 2006, 6:52:09 PM4/6/06

Also . . .

SPOILER WARNING FOR FUTURE ISSUES OF YOUNG AVENGERS:

The character "Wiccan" allegedly is supposed to be one of Wanda's
sons, as is another character to be introduced into the series.

-- Rob
--
LORELAI: In the movie, only boy hobbits travel to Mount
Doom, but that's only because the girls went to do something