JC on: "Powerpuff Girls"

Jacob Gilbert

Nov 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/21/98
Ok, I checked out the series premiere on Wednesday night. I didn't have much
else to watch (thank you, NBA, for screwing around with my social life.
Here's what I thought of it.

"Monkey See, Doggie Doo": This was silly to a fault. The narration (Tom
Kenny
taking over for the late Ernie Anderson) was inspired by, in my opinion,
"Rocky & Bullwinkle" (the late William Conrad) and "Batman" (Bill Dozier),
but
came off as tres lame. Why make Mojo Jojo an Asian simian? Lame finish.

"Mommy Fearest": By the numbers girlfriend/stepmother from hell BS. Sedusa's
hair is similar to the
comic book heroine Medusa (from the INHUMANS, as if you don't know), but
Sedusa comes off as a
lame villain, beaten by the Professor (Kenny again) when the PGs can't stop
her.

Point of coolness, contrary to popular opinion: the return of the swirling
star logo. Cool!

Grade: B-.

J. C. Gilbert

-**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
http://www.supernews.com/ - Host to the the World's Discussions & Usenet

gr...@aux.com

Nov 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/22/98
"Jacob Gilbert" <hobb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
:
: "Mommy Fearest": By the numbers girlfriend/stepmother from hell BS. Sedusa's

: hair is similar to the
: comic book heroine Medusa (from the INHUMANS, as if you don't know), but

Gee, I thought she was supposed to resemble Medusa from Greek
mythology. Silly me.

TV...@webtv.net

Nov 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/22/98
Jacob, I'm curious. which cartoon series and/or episode(s) did the late
Ernie Anderson narrate and/or voiced?

hobb...@yahoo.com

May 31, 2018, 3:39:06 PM5/31/18
On Sunday, November 22, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, TV...@webtv.net wrote:
> Jacob, I'm curious. which cartoon series and/or episode(s) did the late
> Ernie Anderson narrate and/or voiced?

19 1/2 years later, I'm finally answering this questiion:

Ernie Anderson was the announcer for Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors (1985), then narrated the Powerpuff Girls pilots (1995-6) before CN picked up the series.

Frank J. Lhota

Jul 27, 2018, 3:49:14 PM7/27/18
Where do you find 19 year old USENET posts?

--
"All things extant in this world,
Gods of Heaven, gods of Earth,

"Drizzle, Drazzle, Drozzle, Drome,