Sealab 2021 and Quizno's Radio Ads

Zobovor

Mar 5, 2003, 2:03:26 AM3/5/03
For the past couple of days I've been hearing radio spots for Quizno's (a
sandwich shop around these parts... I have no idea whether it's a national
franchise) and I'm quite certain Harry Goz, the voice actor who plays Captain
Murphy on Sealab, is lending his voice talents.

The commercials are sufficiently off the wall, demonstrating with rather
graphic sound effects why Quizno's sandwiches are a good idea but a combination
steam iron/telephone really isn't. What's funny is that it's pretty easy to
imagine Captain Murphy himself doing these radio spots (and doing his own
stunts).

It's entirely possible many of you have no idea what I'm talking about, so I'm
going to try to remember to pop a cassette tape in and record the commercial
the next time I catch it.

--
Zobovor

My space bridge! What have you done to my poor space bridge?!
http://members.aol.com/zobovor/index.html

Aratodas, Lord of Pigs

Mar 5, 2003, 2:58:06 PM3/5/03
we have quizno's in DC, but i've never heard the radio ads...perhaps it's
cuz the only time i listen to the radio is in the mornings. hmm, yes, that
could be it.

"Zobovor" <zob...@aol.com> wrote in message

Rob T Firefly

Mar 5, 2003, 10:21:55 PM3/5/03
"Zobovor" <zob...@aol.com> wrote in message
> For the past couple of days I've been hearing radio spots for Quizno's (a
> sandwich shop around these parts... I have no idea whether it's a national
> franchise) and I'm quite certain Harry Goz, the voice actor who plays
Captain
> Murphy on Sealab, is lending his voice talents.
>
> The commercials are sufficiently off the wall, demonstrating with rather
> graphic sound effects why Quizno's sandwiches are a good idea but a
combination
> steam iron/telephone really isn't. What's funny is that it's pretty easy
> imagine Captain Murphy himself doing these radio spots (and doing his own
> stunts).
>
> It's entirely possible many of you have no idea what I'm talking about, so
I'm
> going to try to remember to pop a cassette tape in and record the
commercial
> the next time I catch it.

Harry Goz is an accomplished voice actor as well as a veteran of the stage
and screen since the 1970s. He's probably the most famous member of the
Sealab cast, after Erik Estrada. And, he has many radio ads out there.

So, it's fully possible that it was indeed the good Captain on the radio.
If you do manage to record an mp3 of the ad, I'd be happy to host it on my
Sealab page at http://rtf.kracked.com/sealab.html !

-- RTF
http://rtf.kracked.com
AIM - Rob T Firefly

webm...@pushbuttonproductions.com

Jan 29, 2014, 4:56:59 AM1/29/14
Advertisement is playing vital role in business promotion without advertising your business your all the efforts to are useless radio advertisement is the most popular and rapid results gaining medium of promotion.
http://www.pushbuttonproductions.com/