New Cartoon Cartoons! Three of 'em!

steven r. mills

Aug 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/22/99

My name is Peter Destructo. You killed my father. Prepare to die. wrote...
> Something or other with a giant crab; I forgot what -- looks DECENT.
> Better than Ed, Edd, and Eddy. The animation is yet another blatant
> Spumco ripoff, but at least this one did a decent job of it. This one,
> like EEnE, didn't have a WAC! pilot. Must be Mike Lazzo's
> brother-in-law's or something :)

king crab, the space crustacean. wasn't that the WAC pilot? i noticed the
spumco flavour to it as well, in terms of the animation style, the generally
weird, gross humour, and i believe billy west did some voices for it, too.
has spumco even done anything in the last few years?

--
sincerely yours,
steven r.

formerly the ranter known as "hardinger j."

Rev. Matt Keeley

Aug 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/22/99
steven r. mills wrote:
> king crab, the space crustacean. wasn't that the WAC pilot? i noticed the
> spumco flavour to it as well, in terms of the animation style, the generally
> weird, gross humour, and i believe billy west did some voices for it, too.
> has spumco even done anything in the last few years?

Well, it was created by Bill Wray, does/did work for SpumCo, and now
does artwork for Mad Magazine. Looking at the art, perhaps John
Kricfalusi worked on it as well, have to look at the credits. I'm
thinking perhaps a bit of character design.

--
Rev. Matt Keeley - Moogian Clench
http://listen.to/TODCRA http://www.mp3.com/TODCRAProductions

Juan F. Lara

Aug 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/22/99
In article <37C0C8FB...@plu.edu>,

Rev. Matt Keeley <keel...@plu.edu> wrote:
> Well, it was created by Bill Wray, does/did work for SpumCo, and now does
> artwork for Mad Magazine.

Ah, so THAT's where I remember his name from. That kid, Zesty something,
does look a lot like Monroe. I liked the "King Crab" short they had. The
artwork was high quality, definitely better than in the David Feiss cartoons.
The short was completely insane and uninhibited. But I'm not sure if I'm
going to be able to put up with Charlie Adler's voicing.

- Juan F. Lara

Gerard Motola

Aug 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/22/99
I thought King Crab was just one short, not a series...

My name is Peter Destructo. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99

There apparently are going to be new CC's this fall!

Mike, Lu, and Og -- the one I'm looking forward to the most. I loved
the WAC short. Good move, CN.

Courage the Cowardly Dog -- this had a short on O Canada! Looked
pretty good. Original idea, at any rate, and the running gag with the
giant blue mask was great. I'd like to see how they expand the
characters.

Something or other with a giant crab; I forgot what -- looks DECENT.
Better than Ed, Edd, and Eddy. The animation is yet another blatant
Spumco ripoff, but at least this one did a decent job of it. This one,
like EEnE, didn't have a WAC! pilot. Must be Mike Lazzo's
brother-in-law's or something :)

-Peter Destructo
"The only mistake I made was marrying your sister!" - I Am Weasel

Kim McFarland

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
I saw the King Crab short in San Diego, and it's ... twisted. I liked it, but
then I'm a fan of twisted stuff.

I also saw "Courage the Cowardly Dog." They showed an episode about a bigfoot
type critter. And... well, if all of the eps are like that I won't be watching
the show. I and those who saw it with me thought it was awful.

What I'm waiting for is the new John Kricfaluci Ranger Smith cartoon. It is
shocking, unbelievable, and warped. The audience was just howling at some
points. They will only show it late - it's *not* a kiddie toon!

--- NEGADUCK

"Ahh, A beautiful dove. The symbol of peace. How sweet. Perhaps I should
feed it... To a CAT!"

The Negapage: http://members.aol.com/negaduck9/negapage.htm

WB

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
In article <19990823114423...@ng-fi1.aol.com>,

nega...@aol.com (Kim McFarland) wrote:
> I saw the King Crab short in San Diego, and it's ... twisted. I
liked it, but
> then I'm a fan of twisted stuff.

**Snaps fingers** Wish I had seen it. Darn college stuff always get in
the way. >;)

> I also saw "Courage the Cowardly Dog." They showed an episode about
a bigfoot
> type critter. And... well, if all of the eps are like that I won't
be watching
> the show. I and those who saw it with me thought it was awful.

You know - to tell the truth I didnt like the original Courage WAC
short either. The design of some of the characters look off to me. Take
Bigfoot for example. He had the arms of a tyrannosaurus rex. His design
was very ugly looking to me. And Courage as another example - his head
and body are big, but his arms and legs are stubbly. VERY ODD design
makes it strange to look at. I'd need to see a little more of the
cartoon to make final judgement - but it did not appeal to me at all....

> What I'm waiting for is the new John Kricfaluci Ranger Smith
cartoon. It is
> shocking, unbelievable, and warped. The audience was just howling at
some
> points. They will only show it late - it's *not* a kiddie toon!

"Boo Boo Run Wild"......hehehe - I saw the pictures of that at Spumco's
website. Not much there but I'll tell you this - Boo Boo Bear looks
positively RABID! >;)

Not to mention that this is NOT your father and grandfathers Ranger
Smith >;O)

> --- NEGADUCK
>
> "Ahh, A beautiful dove. The symbol of peace. How sweet. Perhaps I
should
> feed it... To a CAT!"

NEGADUCK ! NEGADUCK! NEGADUCK!

"I'm bored. Maybe I should go down to the convalescent home and kick
some shins!"

(LOL!)

> The Negapage: http://members.aol.com/negaduck9/negapage.htm

--
Jonathan H. Gray
The Dubba Dubba WB !!!!!!!!!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Jacob Gilbert

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
Face facts. Courage needs help. It's going to be a regular series, and
I think that's also in the cards for King Crab. The latter has not only
Billy West, but also Charlie Adler (Cow & Chicken) and Frank Gorshin (!).
Stephen DeStefano, who started as a comics artist (DC's cult-fave 'Mazing
Man) and is currently partnered with Bill Wray and crew, also worked on
Crab.
No, John K. isn't involved, though.

Waiting for Crab to do a Batman v. Riddler parody so Gorshin can do his
classic
Riddler laugh.

J. C. Gilbert

-**** Posted from RemarQ, http://www.remarq.com/?a ****-
Search and Read Usenet Discussions in your Browser - FREE -

Gerard Motola

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
Kim McFarland wrote:

> I saw the King Crab short in San Diego, and it's ... twisted. I liked it, but
> then I'm a fan of twisted stuff.
>
> I also saw "Courage the Cowardly Dog." They showed an episode about a bigfoot
> type critter. And... well, if all of the eps are like that I won't be watching
> the show. I and those who saw it with me thought it was awful.
>
> What I'm waiting for is the new John Kricfaluci Ranger Smith cartoon. It is
> shocking, unbelievable, and warped. The audience was just howling at some
> points. They will only show it late - it's *not* a kiddie toon!
I missed both King Crab & Courage the Cowardly Dog...

ap...@lafn.org

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
In article <19990823114423...@ng-fi1.aol.com>,

nega...@aol.com (Kim McFarland) wrote:
> I saw the King Crab short in San Diego, and it's ... twisted.
<...>

I was there as well (I asked the "Theory of Buttercup being the middle
sib" comment.) 'twas okkay; I won't purposely go out of my way to catch
it, though.

(Then again, even for shows I like, there are still priorities. I'd
rather take 3 hours of OT over scrambling home to catch PPG.)

> I also saw "Courage the Cowardly Dog."

<...>

I have too short of an attention span to be able to watch this.

> What I'm waiting for is the new John Kricfaluci Ranger Smith cartoon.
> It is shocking, unbelievable, and warped. The audience was just
> howling at some points. They will only show it late - it's *not* a
> kiddie toon!

Definitely NOT.

-- NC

My name is Peter Destructo. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
In between viewings of "The Iron Giant", "steven r. mills"

<stu...@frontiernet.net> wrote:
>king crab, the space crustacean. wasn't that the WAC pilot? i noticed the
>spumco flavour to it as well, in terms of the animation style, the generally
>weird, gross humour, and i believe billy west did some voices for it, too.
>has spumco even done anything in the last few years?

Music videos, Old Navy commercials, Ranger Smith, really cool web
site...

http://www.spumco.com

- Peter Destructo
"I never quite understood why they couldn't use words from the English
language, instead of changing the meanings. It's now like I could walk
up to someone on the street and say (not that I would, as this is just
an example) 'Did you see that person over there? Boy, he looks
stupid!', and I'll get a response like this 'Yeah, he looks dope!'.
It's a crazy world we live in." - Michael Martin

steven r. mills

Aug 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/25/99

Jacob Gilbert wrote...

> I think that's also in the cards for King Crab. The latter has not only
> Billy West, but also Charlie Adler (Cow & Chicken) and Frank Gorshin (!).

i saw billy's name listed, and recognised his voice, but i didn't see either
adler's or gorshin's names in the credits. what voices did they provide?
i'm really curious, because i'm a big fan of both individuals' work (what
the heck has gorshin been doing to pay the rent, anyway? last thing i saw
him credited for was the film twelve monkeys)

> Waiting for Crab to do a Batman v. Riddler parody so Gorshin can do his
> classic
> Riddler laugh.

oh, man, that would ROCK! i haven't heard that laugh in years....

steven r. mills

Aug 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/25/99

My name is Peter Destructo. You killed my father. Prepare to die. wrote...
> >has spumco even done anything in the last few years?
>
> Music videos, Old Navy commercials, Ranger Smith, really cool web
> site...
>
> http://www.spumco.com

ahhh... thanks!