Sarah Votes For Zandaya for New Buffy

8 views
Skip to first unread message

David

unread,
Mar 22, 2022, 4:24:10 PM3/22/22
to
https://www.ign.com/articles/sarah-michelle-gellar-says-she-would-vote-zendaya-to-star-in-a-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-reboot


Sarah Michelle Gellar Says She Would 'Vote Zendaya' to Star in a Buffy the
Vampire Slayer Reboot

Adam Bankhurst

Buffy the Vampire Slayer star Sarah Michelle Gellar has said she would "vote
Zandaya" to be the one to star in a potential reboot of the series.

As reported by Bloody Disgusting, Gellar told Evan Ross Katz, the author of
a new book called Into ''Every Generation a Slayer Is Born: How Buffy Staked
Our Hearts'', that she would "vote Zendaya" to star in a reboot of the
series that aired from 1997-2003.

This year marks the 25th anniversary of Buffy, and Gellar thought it'd be
the perfect time to share who she believes would be a dream casting for the
role.

The book also looks to celebrate this milestone and was released last week.
The official synopsis says that "Evan Ross Katz explores the show’s cultural
relevance through a book that is part oral history, part celebration, and
part memoir of a personal fandom that has universal resonance still, decades
later.”

Zendaya is coming off some major roles in Spider-Man: No Way Home as MJ,
Euphoria as its star Rue Bennett, and Dune as Chani.

[I wouldn't mind, if the stories were good and the cast were good]

David

Madlove

unread,
Apr 10, 2022, 2:47:51 PM4/10/22
to
I doubt this will ever get past the drawing board stage.

BTR1701

unread,
Apr 23, 2022, 5:36:34 PM4/23/22
to
In article <t1db98$el2$1...@dont-email.me>, "David" <david...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> https://www.ign.com/articles/sarah-michelle-gellar-says-she-would-vote-zendaya
> -to-star-in-a-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-reboot
>
>
> Sarah Michelle Gellar Says She Would 'Vote Zendaya' to Star in a Buffy the
> Vampire Slayer Reboot

Oh, god no. I have no idea why Hollywood is determined to force this
Zendaya person on us but she's a horrible actress and a mediocre (at
best) singer and she ain't even all that hot.

Ian J. Ball

unread,
Apr 23, 2022, 5:39:28 PM4/23/22
to
So, it's no coincidence, that I thought she was by far the worst thing
about Disney Channel's "Shake It Up", then?


--
"Who would ever do this to him!?" - HottCiara on DOOL (04-27-2020), asking
who would stab Victor Kirakis... How about ANYONE WHO'S EVER MET HIM??!!

trotsky

unread,
Apr 24, 2022, 3:47:52 AM4/24/22
to
You're lying again. What have you seen her in, liar?

trotsky

unread,
Apr 24, 2022, 3:52:50 AM4/24/22
to
On 4/23/2022 4:39 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-04-23 21:38:04 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>
>> In article <t1db98$el2$1...@dont-email.me>, "David" <david...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.ign.com/articles/sarah-michelle-gellar-says-she-would-vote-zendaya
>>>
>>> -to-star-in-a-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-reboot
>>>
>>>
>>> Sarah Michelle Gellar Says She Would 'Vote Zendaya' to Star in a
>>> Buffy the
>>> Vampire Slayer Reboot
>>
>> Oh, god no. I have no idea why Hollywood is determined to force this
>> Zendaya person on us but she's a horrible actress and a mediocre (at
>> best) singer and she ain't even all that hot.
>
> So, it's no coincidence, that I thought she was by far the worst thing
> about Disney Channel's "Shake It Up", then?


No coincidence whatsoever; you're as gay as a 3 dollar bill.

Ubiquitous

unread,
Apr 25, 2022, 10:17:55 AM4/25/22
to
atr...@mac.com wrote:
> "David" <david...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Sarah Michelle Gellar Says She Would 'Vote Zendaya' to Star in a Buffy the
>> Vampire Slayer Reboot
>
>Oh, god no. I have no idea why Hollywood is determined to force this
>Zendaya person on us but she's a horrible actress and a mediocre (at
>best) singer and she ain't even all that hot.

Jebus, they're remaking BtVS show?
Just stop it. Stop remaking shows.

--
Let's go Brandon!

anim8rfsk

unread,
Apr 25, 2022, 10:53:10 AM4/25/22
to
But without any involvement of Joss Whedon because they think they know
better.


>
> --
> Let's go Brandon!
>
>



--
“The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it’s still on my list.”

BTR1701

unread,
Apr 25, 2022, 11:34:30 AM4/25/22
to
On Apr 25, 2022 at 7:53:08 AM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> atr...@mac.com wrote:
>>> "David" <david...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>> Sarah Michelle Gellar Says She Would 'Vote Zendaya' to Star in a Buffy the
>>>> Vampire Slayer Reboot
>>>
>>> Oh, god no. I have no idea why Hollywood is determined to force this
>>> Zendaya person on us but she's a horrible actress and a mediocre (at
>>> best) singer and she ain't even all that hot.
>>
>> Jebus, they're remaking BtVS show?
>> Just stop it. Stop remaking shows.
>
> But without any involvement of Joss Whedon because they think they know
> better.

Well, that and because Whedon is one of the untouchables now.


shawn

unread,
Apr 25, 2022, 11:37:50 AM4/25/22
to
On Mon, 25 Apr 2022 07:53:08 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net>
wrote:

>Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> atr...@mac.com wrote:
>>> "David" <david...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>> Sarah Michelle Gellar Says She Would 'Vote Zendaya' to Star in a Buffy the
>>>> Vampire Slayer Reboot
>>>
>>> Oh, god no. I have no idea why Hollywood is determined to force this
>>> Zendaya person on us but she's a horrible actress and a mediocre (at
>>> best) singer and she ain't even all that hot.
>>
>> Jebus, they're remaking BtVS show?
>> Just stop it. Stop remaking shows.
>
>But without any involvement of Joss Whedon because they think they know
>better.

It's not going to work. Speaking of remakes how goes the new CHARMED?
Anyone watching? Did they bring over any writers from the original
version?

anim8rfsk

unread,
Apr 25, 2022, 11:50:19 AM4/25/22
to
Yeah, but this was in the works before he became totally unclean.

Ian J. Ball

unread,
Apr 25, 2022, 12:39:10 PM4/25/22
to
He's been "pre-cancelled"!!! ;D

Ian J. Ball

unread,
Apr 25, 2022, 12:40:15 PM4/25/22
to
It's straight garbage. (And I'm quite sure the answer is "No!")

I only watched the season with Poppy Drayton, and while I think it was
better than the season both before and after, it was still straight
garbage!

Ubiquitous

unread,
Apr 25, 2022, 9:50:27 PM4/25/22
to
I haven't watched it, but I did see an episode desciption that seemed to
indicate they were copying what happened to Pru and were introducing their
version of Paige.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages