Kristy Swanson, Anti-Vaxxer, Catches Covid!

David

Nov 2, 2021, 1:43:31 PM11/2/21

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2021-11-01/kristy-swanson-covid-19-hospitalized

Kristy Swanson, the original “Buffy,” was hospitalized Sunday in New Jersey
for treatment of COVID-19.

“Prayers for me please. Yesterday I took an ambulance ride to the hospital.
I’m still here with pneumonia, I’m on oxygen etc, all Covid related of
course. I’m in good spirits and in great hands,” the 51-year-old performer
tweeted Monday.

Swanson clarified a few hours later that she had been dealing with the
virus for a while before the course of her disease shifted.

“I was just at the tail end of my Covid diagnosis when it jumped into my
lungs,” she tweeted. “So they are treating me with Baricitinib & blood
thinners so I don’t clot. I’m ok.”

Swanson also praised the people who were taking care of her and was in good
enough spirits to note that the EMTs who had ferried her to Virtua Memorial
Hospital in Mount Holly, N.J., were “hot.”

In an update hours later, Swanson thanked fans for their prayers: “Thank you
all for the prayers it truly means a lot to me. I can feel it.”

She added, “Just little more clarification & update, I was just at the tail
end of my Covid diagnosis when it jumped into my lungs. So they are treating
me with Baricitinib & blood thinners so I don’t clot. I’m ok.”

The ’80s icon has drawn criticism for her openly held opinions against
vaccination, with some people calling her a contender for the “Herman Cain
Awards” — a topical take on the legendary “Darwin Awards,” which honor
recently deceased individuals who perish in generally embarrassing ways.

One Twitter user, a self-described hospital nurse, also reprimanded Swanson,
urging her to get jabbed as soon as possible. "I’m sure you are in the great
hands of doctors and nurses who are stretched to the max because of people
like you — who not only won’t get vaccinated but encourage others not to,”
they wrote. “Signed, A tired nurse.”

“GET VACCINATED,” they added below the signature.

David

BTR1701

Dec 8, 2021, 12:49:14 PM12/8/21
In article <slrtc1$ri4$1...@dont-email.me>, "David" <david...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2021-11-01/kristy-swanson-cov
> id-19-hospitalized
>

> Kristy Swanson, the original BUFFY, was hospitalized Sunday in New Jersey
> for treatment of COVID-19.

Your subject line is a lie. Swanson has repeatedly said she is not
opposed to vaccines in general and doesn't suggest other people
shouldn't take the vaccine for Wuhan Flu, just that she herself does not
feel the need to take it.

That does not make her an 'anti-vaxxer'.