Faith's riddle in Graduation Day

TXHorns79

Nov 23, 2001, 12:20:44 AM11/23/01
Okay I just had seen the Graduation Day episode and I know the riddle that she
says to Buffy in the dream is a prediction for Dawn wasn't it? I'm just
curious how it actually ties in? Little Miss Muffet, etc...Figured y'all could
help me out..

DannyboymcNY

Nov 23, 2001, 2:19:46 AM11/23/01
>Subject: Faith's riddle in Graduation Day
>From: txho...@aol.com (TXHorns79)
>Date: 11/23/2001 12:20 AM Eastern Standard Time

I know it relates to the S4 season finale, "Restless". I think the connections
were more explicit relating Little Miss Muffet to Dawn.

TheKindSavior

Nov 23, 2001, 5:56:00 AM11/23/01
The exact lin>>Okay I just had seen the Graduation Day episode and I know the

riddle that
>>she
>>says to Buffy in the dream is a prediction for Dawn wasn't it? I'm just
>>curious how it actually ties in? Little Miss Muffet, etc...Figured y'all
>>could
>>help me out..
>
>I know it relates to the S4 season finale, "Restless". I think the
>connections
>were more explicit relating Little Miss Muffet to Dawn.

The exact line in Graduation Day 2 is "Miles to Go, Little Miss Muffet counting
down from seven three oh.

In Restless, Buffy is with Tara in someone's bedroom (Dawn's?) and explaining
how Faith helped her make that bed. (in Graduation Day 2) she then looks at the
clock and sees it reads 7:30...and says "It's so late." to which Tara replies
"Oh no, that clocks completely wrong" when Buffy leaves Tara whispers "Be back
before dawn."

Tara's reasoning behind "That clock's completely wrong" is because Restless
takes place exactly one year after Graduation Day 2. And Faith's "Counting down
from seven three oh" is actually 730...from Buffy's Graduation Day, till the
time she dies in The Gift is actually 730 days, two years. But from her dream
in Graduation Day 2, to her dream in Restless, it's only 1 year...so the clock
should read 3:65...which is why Tara say's that clocks completely wrong.

The Miss Muffet thing is rather easy...in Real Me, when Dawn is standing
outside the magic shop, she's approached by one of the people Glory turned into
a Lunatic (Though we didn't see her do it) approaches Dawn and says "I know
you, curds and whey...I know what you are"

and the nursery rhyme goes "Little Miss Muffet sat on her tuffet, eating her
curds and whey" so Little Miss Muffet is actually Dawn...and Faith's line
"Little Miss Muffet counting down from seven three oh" means the count down
till when The Key (Dawn) will open the portal in The Gift.

I really need to get a life...

Milano
"Dawn's in trouble, must be tuesday" Once More With Feeling

Alan Hurshman

Nov 23, 2001, 10:31:28 AM11/23/01
"TheKindSavior" <thekin...@aol.com> wrote in message

> The exact lin>>Okay I just had seen the Graduation Day episode and I know
the
> riddle that
> >>she
> >>says to Buffy in the dream is a prediction for Dawn wasn't it? I'm just
> >>curious how it actually ties in? Little Miss Muffet, etc...Figured
y'all
> >>could
> >>help me out..
> >
> >I know it relates to the S4 season finale, "Restless". I think the
> >connections
> >were more explicit relating Little Miss Muffet to Dawn.
> >

> The exact line in Graduation Day 2 is "Miles to Go, Little Miss Muffet
counting
> down from seven three oh.

<much snippage>

> and the nursery rhyme goes "Little Miss Muffet sat on her tuffet, eating
her
> curds and whey" so Little Miss Muffet is actually Dawn...and Faith's line
> "Little Miss Muffet counting down from seven three oh" means the count
down
> till when The Key (Dawn) will open the portal in The Gift.

So how long before this shows up on an exam
question in some visual media course?

{my brain hurts}

--
Alan Hurshman
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Laurie

Nov 23, 2001, 1:41:06 PM11/23/01

TheKindSavior wrote in message
<20011123055600...@mb-ci.aol.com>...

*******************
Actually, I am quite impressed that you figured this all out. Really amazed!

Laurie

Spike

Nov 23, 2001, 3:07:30 PM11/23/01
Wow, I'm alternating between being extremely impressed and utterly horrified
that anyone would take the time to crash all that out.

Maybe there's some sort of twelve step program for usenet addicts. ;-)

Tom

"TheKindSavior" <thekin...@aol.com> wrote in message

Aethelrede

Nov 23, 2001, 5:00:21 PM11/23/01

Alan Hurshman wrote in message <4ZtL7.62388$Z2.9...@nnrp1.uunet.ca>...

Any time now. And you know that the puke (But that's "Doctor" puke,
with tenure) teaching that course will be like that pompous ignoramus who
threw Buffy out of his (I use the word reluctantly) class in "The Freshman".

--
Ut quis quem vicerit occidat.

sharonlives

Nov 23, 2001, 5:02:20 PM11/23/01
thekin...@aol.com (TheKindSavior) wrote in message news:<20011123055600...@mb-ci.aol.com>...

Well put! But there was one more reference: In her first episode,
Glory started ranting and said something about wanting someone to "sit
down on their tuffet and make this birthing stop".

paulcs

Nov 23, 2001, 7:32:57 PM11/23/01
On 23 Nov 2001 14:02:20 -0800, sharonl...@yahoo.com (sharonlives)
wrote:

It's from No Place like home:

GLORY: And it's typical, like the big mortal meatsack comes complete
with stink and bile sweat and protein yes I said HUMANS - Not now
Mommy's TALKING - Wriggling, piling, plowing, crawling, clowning,
cavorting, DOING IT over and over and over and over 'til somebody's
gotta sit down on their tuffet and make this birthing STOP.

Paul

Frawley

Nov 23, 2001, 7:56:20 PM11/23/01
It foreshadows Buffy's death and Dawn and "The Gift".

As many people have said - 730 is two years, the time between then and
the gift.

Miles to go is from a Robert Frost poem and refers to death
(miles to go until I sleep).
Buffy also says this line in "The Prom".

My own take was that Buffy was Miss Muffet, but it could very well be
Dawn.

--
- Frawley
"Don't feed the vampires..."

TheKindSavior

Nov 24, 2001, 12:48:11 AM11/24/01
>GLORY: And it's typical, like the big mortal meatsack comes complete
>with stink and bile sweat and protein yes I said HUMANS - Not now
>Mommy's TALKING - Wriggling, piling, plowing, crawling, clowning,
>cavorting, DOING IT over and over and over and over 'til somebody's
>gotta sit down on their tuffet and make this birthing STOP.

And of course, the somebody is little miss muffet, Dawn(The Key) and by sitting
down on the tuffet she means opening the portal, introducing everything to one
plane, and destroying existence as we know it. IE making the birthing stop.

TheKindSavior

Nov 24, 2001, 12:53:58 AM11/24/01
Thanks to everyone who was impressed with my deciphering of the dreams...I
should give credit to a few of my friends though, cause i've got about four
friends who watch the show religiously like I do...and every weekend when all
my friends and I get together and watch pool we talk about the episode...and
the deciphering of the dream came from that discussion...we all put it together
in the space of about an hour. And last week we discussed Tabula Rose and
discovered that parts of it were prophesied in Xander's Dream in Restless.

Xanders Dream-

Spike in the tweed suit, him and Giles on a swing set swinging together...

Spike-"Giles here is gonna teach me to be a watcher, says I got the stuff."

Giles-"Spike's like a son to me"

Xander-"Gotta have something. Gotta be always moving forward."

Buffy-"Like a shark."

Xander-"A shark with feet. And much less...fins."

Spike-"And on land!"

Milano
"Dawn's in trouble, must be Tuesday" Once More With Feeling.

Laurie

Nov 24, 2001, 12:45:46 PM11/24/01

TheKindSavior wrote in message
<20011124004811...@mb-fb.aol.com>...

Could be referring to Angel and Darla!

Just a thought!
Laurie

Tim

Nov 25, 2001, 9:24:52 PM11/25/01
Frawley <fra...@post.com> wrote in message news:<3BFEF150...@post.com>...

> It foreshadows Buffy's death and Dawn and "The Gift".
>
> As many people have said - 730 is two years, the time between then and
> the gift.
>
> Miles to go is from a Robert Frost poem and refers to death
> (miles to go until I sleep).
> Buffy also says this line in "The Prom".
>
> My own take was that Buffy was Miss Muffet, but it could very well be
> Dawn.

Since the monks made Dawn out of Buffy-stuff (the reason Buffy could
close the portal even though Dawn's blood opened it) they are both
Little Miss Muffet.

And the eight limbed spider was Glory/Ben... two four-limbed beings
time-sharing the same body.

BTW, it's my theory that Dawn was really brought in to be the new
slayer if SMG didn't renew her contract, that 'made of Buffy-stuff' is
a big clue.

Tim

The Doctor

Dec 2, 2001, 12:37:54 AM12/2/01
In article <20011123021946...@mb-fh.aol.com>,

DannyboymcNY <dannyb...@aol.comnospam> wrote:
>>Subject: Faith's riddle in Graduation Day
>>From: txho...@aol.com (TXHorns79)
>>Date: 11/23/2001 12:20 AM Eastern Standard Time
>>
>>Okay I just had seen the Graduation Day episode and I know the riddle that
>>she
>>says to Buffy in the dream is a prediction for Dawn wasn't it? I'm just
>>curious how it actually ties in? Little Miss Muffet, etc...Figured y'all
>>could
>>help me out..

And what was the bit about the cat on the bed really being Faith mean?
And what was it that Buffy took from Faith when she touched her head?