SMG's New Amazon Series

david milligan

Apr 3, 2021, 10:28:12 AM4/3/21
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a36011264/buffy-sarah-michelle-gellar-amazon-hot-pink/

Buffy's Sarah Michelle Gellar returning to TV with new Amazon series. The actress will star in new YA pilot ''Hot Pink''.

BY SAM WARNER

Buffy the Vampire Slayer star Sarah Michelle Gellar has landed a brand new TV role as part of an Amazon Prime pilot.

The actress will star in young adult comedy ''Hot Pink'' from the streamer, according to Variety.

The show is inspired loosely by the book What Girls Are Made Of by Elana K Arnold, which follows Nina Faye as she is raised to believe there is no such thing as unconditional love.

As a result, she will do anything for her boyfriend to prove her worthiness, though when he breaks up with her, Nina is lost and sets out to find out the real conditions of love.

''Hot Pink'' is being created and executive produced by Elisabeth Holm (Obvious Child), while Desiree Akhavan (The Miseducation of Cameron Post, The Bisexual) will direct and executive produce the pilot.

Meanwhile, Gellar recently confirmed that she will not be a part of the upcoming Buffy reboot, saying she is too "long in the tooth" to do the role justice today.

"What worked for Buffy was that the monsters represented, they were a metaphor for the horrors of adolescence," she said.

"I don't think it's me, I don't think I should be the one doing it," Gellar added, joking that she's "way too tired and cranky to put in that work again".

Madlove

Apr 10, 2021, 4:46:00 PM4/10/21
I doubt there will be a reboot anytime soon after all the bad news about
the creator.

Wouter Valentijn

May 15, 2021, 8:35:51 AM5/15/21
Op 10-4-2021 om 22:45 schreef Madlove:
Unless he is sidelined. Or steps aside. Like he did with 'The Nevers'.

--
Wouter Valentijn

Kirk: "No beach to walk on..."
Star Trek (s01e07): The Naked Time