Willow's 10 Best Quotes

David

Mar 21, 2022, 5:00:17 PM3/21/22
https://screenrant.com/buffy-the-vampire-slayer-willows-best-quotes/

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Willow's 10 Best Quotes

Whether funny or wonderfully weird, Willow had some of the best quotes
throughout Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

BY MEGAN MONCRIEFF

Whatever the situation called for, Willow always had a brilliant way with
words throughout Buffy the Vampire Slayer, resulting in many great quotes.
Whilst she started off quite shy, fans got to watch Willow grow into a
strong and courageous character, who had a unique outlook on life.

Whether she was standing up for herself, or calling somebody out, a lot of
her comebacks were funny one-liners that showed off her quirky personality
perfectly. Willow's best quotes range from these quips, to more poignant
quotes that reflected the growth of her character.

When She Called Out Giles's Teaching Methods

"Instead You Go All Dumbledore On Me."

Willow always had a way of uplifting a tense moment, and this quote was no
different. Said to Giles in "Lessons," Willow's nerdy reference to Harry
Potter cut through the tension of the moment, as Giles tried to help her use
magic again.

As Willow tried to find her connection with magic again after her struggles
with darkness at the end of season 6, she grew tired of Giles's somewhat
eccentric approach to her recovery. Yet, even when angry, Willow managed to
diffuse her own anxiety and frustration with Giles with this funny
one-liner, and it was one of her best.

When She Grieved For Tara
.
"The Only Thing Going For Me, Were Those Moments - Just Moments - When Tara
Would Look At Me... And I Was Wonderful."

Tara's death at the end of season 6 was one of the saddest moments
throughout Buffy's run, and the fallout spelled devastation for everyone
involved. Filled with grief and rage, Willow turned to dark magic to seek
her revenge on Warren, Jonathan, and Andrew.

As her friends tried to stop her from going through with her treacherous
plans, Willow offered this line in way of explanation of the great loss she
was feeling. The line was a testament to the love Willow and Tara shared and
showed how broken Willow was now that she would never have those moments
again. The line was as heartbreaking as it was terrifying, as Willow had
lost her only source of goodness, and seemingly had nothing left to lose.

When She Confronted Her Mom

"I'm A Rebel! I'm Having A Rebellion! I'm Not Acting Out - I'm A Witch!"

Willow and her mom had a notoriously difficult relationship, and the two
came to blows in the episode "Gingerbread," when a mysterious demon
possessed the residents of Sunnydale. As the parents geared up to eradicate
any sources of the supernatural, Willow confronted her mom with this qu

Up until this point, Willow had hidden her abilities from her parents but
chose to reveal her powers to her mother in an act of defiance. The line did
well to show Willow's uneasiness with confrontation, whilst still standing
up for herself in a courageous, albeit earnest, way.

When She Made A Threat

"Hey! I Eat Danger For Breakfast."

While Willow had some bad-ass lines throughout Buffy, in the earlier seasons
of the show she tended to be quite shy, and relied a lot on her intellect to
do the talking for her. However, there were some moments where she felt the
need to defend her quiet nature, like with this hilarious quote.

Said in "Choices," Willow's funny line is a reminder of all the demons and
supernatural beings she had fought against, even if her timid demeanor
didn't necessarily show it. The quote was a comical take on Willow's
perception of her and the Scoobies' bizarre set-up of constantly saving the
world, but was nonetheless an insight into the feisty woman she would grow
to be.

When She Made Her True Love Clear

"I'm A Big Fan Of School. You Know, I'm All, 'Go, School, It's Your
Birthday!' Or Something To That Effect."

Willow's love for school was an adorable part of her personality and
resulted in some truly nerdy Willow scenes in Buffy. Whether it was helping
someone with their homework or studying for a test, Willow was always more
than enthusiastic about academia, reflected in this endearing quote.

Said in the episode "Tough Love," Willow's line was an ode to her love of
anything school related, as she defended to Buffy that she out of anyone
knew the importance of education. As goofy as ever, this quote shows
Willow's personality perfectly, especially with the sing-song way in which
she delivered the line.

When She Remembered Who She Was

"I Mean, I'm Sweaty, I'm Trapped, No Memory, Hiding In A Pipe, From A
Vampire - I Think I'm Kind Of Gay."

Many strange things occurred at the Magic Box, and "Tabula Rasa" covered one
of the strangest of all: as Willow tried to erase an argument from Tara's
memory, she accidentally wiped all of her friend's memories instead. The
incident resulted in this hilarious line from Willow, as she slowly
remembered who she actually was.

Even in imminent danger, Willow still found the time to figure out her
sexuality, mostly due to her proximity to Tara. This quote is a funny
insight into Willow's priorities, but also a sweet indication that even when
they had no clue who each other were, Willow and Tara still had an
undeniable connection.

When She Made An Observation

"I Happen To Think Mine Is The Level Head And Yours Is The One That Things
Would Roll Off Of."

When it came to clever comebacks, Willow always had something unique and
witty to fire back, and this line is a great example of that. The episode
"Pangs" saw a vengeance spirit released to wreak havoc on the Scoobies'
Thanksgiving dinner, which resulted in one of the funniest episodes of
Buffy.

As Giles tried to keep everyone calm, he suggested that they should all
"keep a level head," to which Willow responded with this funny quote. In
true Willow fashion, this line gave a good insight into her unorthodox way
of thinking that, more often than not, ended up being hilarious even when
unintended.

When She And Tara Answered The Wrong Question

"We're In Love. Lovers. We're Gay Lesbian-Type Lovers."

Tara and Willow were a perfect Buffy couple, as they shared many of the same
quirks in their personalities, and truly understood each other as no one
else could. The episode "Checkpoint" showed them in their fully loved up and
giddy state, as they were questioned by the Watcher's Council as to what
their relationship with Buffy was like.

Believing that they were being interrogated about the nature of their
relationship, Willow responded with this adorably funny line about her and
Tara. Her defiance that someone may be against their relationship made for a
flustered, yet undeniably sweet admittance of Willow and Tara's love for
each other, which was only made more comical when they realized their
relationship was not being questioned at all.

When She Made A Choice

"It's A Good Fight, Buffy, And I Want In."

Willow and Buffy were the best of friends, and by season 3 of the show,
Willow made the decision to attend a college that would keep her in
Sunnydale, and therefore with Buffy. Despite Buffy's protests that Willow
should go to a college more befitting of her intelligence, Willow explained
her decision with this moving quote.

Willow realized that her purpose in the world was to be by Buffy's side as
they fought against evil, reflected in these meaningful words. It was a
sweet sentiment to her friend but also showed that Willow was ready to leave
behind her comfort of school and embrace her place within the Scooby gang as
a lifelong commitment.

When She Came Back To Herself

"I Wanna Be Willow."

After the tumultuous events that led to Willow's villainous spiral, she went
with Giles back to England to spend some time reconnecting with magic in a
purer way, and to also find herself again in all of the tragedy. Willow said
this line in response to Giles's questioning of what she hopes for in her
life, and it was such a simple but poignant statement.

Losing Tara unraveled Willow's entire life, and she lost herself to the dark
magic. Previous to that, she had also been dabbling in dangerous spells,
thinking that that was her destiny in life and her contributory effort in
the gang. Yet, time gave her perspective, and this line showed Giles and
audiences alike that Willow was finally back, and she wasn't going anywhere
this time, as being just herself was finally enough.

David

Madlove

Apr 20, 2022, 6:02:02 PM4/20/22
"Do you see any goats around? No! Because I sacrificed them." - Gingerbread.

https://y.yarn.co/810244a2-ae2f-485d-a5f2-758e50cb4674_text.gif