MT Wishes She'd Stolen More . . . .

David

Oct 8, 2021, 7:21:51 AM10/8/21
https://screenrant.com/buffy-vampire-slayer-michelle-trachtenberg-regret/

Michelle Trachtenberg reveals the one thing she’d change about her time on
the supernatural drama.

Dawn’s arrival was foreshadowed ahead of time, with cryptic references prior
to her on-screen debut. According to series creator Joss Whedon, Dawn was
introduced in part so that Buffy could experience an emotionally intense
relationship that was not romantic. And although Trachtenberg has said that
she began playing Dawn without knowing what the younger sibling's
personality would be, she certainly grew into the role. Still, there is one
thing that the actress does wish she could alter about her Buffy experience.
It has to do with the series’ Magic Box, where the protagonists would often
spend hours doing research in the later seasons.

In an interview with ET Online, Trachtenberg looked back on some of her
most famous characters. That includes her role as Harriet the Spy and her
recurring appearances on the original Gossip Girl as Georgina Sparks. But,
when it comes to Buffy, the actress gave a surprising answer when asked if
she wanted to change anything about her time on the show. She revealed that,
much like Dawn, she probably would have stolen more [souvenir props].
“I wish I stole more things from the magic shop. Actually, I was texting
with Sarah the other day. And I was like, ‘Oh, man. I should have taken a
whole bunch of stuff.’ "

Many of Buffy’s stars have had essentially the same inclination, revealing
that they’ve kept certain trinkets and souvenirs from the series. Alyson
Hannigan, who played Willow, has shared that she uses props from the show as
Halloween decorations. As for David Boreanaz, he’s noted in the past that he
kept his character’s original trench coat. For her part, Gellar has also
posted online to show that she’s held onto some mementos from her tenure as
the titular vampire slayer.

But with that said, Trachtenberg’s remarks are a little extra amusing given
that Dawn has her own history of stealing and shoplifting. In a subplot that
was derided by some fans, Dawn developed a habit for kleptomania in season 6
as a way to cope with the struggles and traumas she experienced. Like a lot
of stories related to Dawn, the issue was only halfheartedly explored as the
show was often focused on other characters. In any case, it’s clear that
Trachtenberg has a sense of humor about her part in Buffy the Vampire
Slayer.

[In another interview, Michelle said she hopes that any Buffy reboot
would ''honor what the fans love.'']

David

Madlove

Oct 16, 2021, 12:22:26 PM10/16/21
On 10/08/2021 08:21 AM, David wrote:
> https://screenrant.com/buffy-vampire-slayer-michelle-trachtenberg-regret/
>
> Michelle Trachtenberg reveals the one thing she’d change about her time
> on the supernatural drama.

MT said she had many bad memories from the show, so why would she want
mementos.