Why Sarah and Freddy Won't Star Together

David

Dec 2, 2021, 4:09:21 PM12/2/21

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/freddie-prinze-jr-why-i-wont-do-a-rom-com-with-sarah-michelle-gellar/

Why Freddie Prinze Jr. Won’t Star in a Rom-Com Movie With Wife Sarah
Michelle Gellar: ‘I Don’t Think It’s That Exciting’

Keeping the love off screen! Although Freddie Prinze Jr. and Sarah Michelle
Gellar have worked on projects together before, the actor revealed why he
doesn’t see them filming romantic comedies now that they are married.

“We only worked together, while we were together, on Scooby-Doo, and
otherwise neither one of us I felt thought it would be very interesting for
us to be in a job together,” Prinze Jr., 45, exclusively told Us Weekly. “I
don’t think it’s that exciting to watch two people struggle to be together
when, you know, they’re going home together at the end of the night.”

He added: “Odds are, if we were in a movie together it would be a romantic
comedy, based on my track record and hers. So yeah, we never thought that
was something that we would be that interested in because that’s our life.”

Prinze Jr. and Gellar, 44, originally met while working on the set of 1997’s
I Know What You Did Last Summer. Even though the couple grew close while
filming, they didn’t start dating until 2000 after a dinner date mix-up .

“We were supposed to have dinner with a friend of ours, and she didn’t make
her plane, so we went anyway,” Prinze Jr. recalled to Us in February 2020.
“We’d had tons of dinners before and for some reason, it felt different that
night. Organically, it just transitioned into something else.”

The pair tied the knot after two years of dating in 2002. They share
daughter Charlotte, 12, and son Rocky, 9.

David