The Truth about Susan Flannery and Ian Buchanan!

Susan B.

Mar 18, 2003, 12:36:38 AM3/18/03
Did you know that Susan Flannery (Stephanie Forrester) and Ian
Buchanan(x-Dr. James Warwick) are both homosexuals!!! "The show has
always been supportive and gay-friendly from the beginning in 1986"
asserts vet Susan Flannery. Although she does not play a lesbian
character, Stephanie is bold and brusk with a sense of fortitude and
solidarity. Like Brooke puts it, Stephanie is "the rock of the
Forrester Family." Look for Susan Flannery to make a special cameo on
the third season of Queer As Folk!

Ryka

Mar 18, 2003, 11:46:16 PM3/18/03
What is your source for this? I have never read that Susan Flannery is gay.

"Susan B." <sbave...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Christine Williams

Mar 19, 2003, 11:12:45 AM3/19/03
After all these years they hid this..??? I don't buy it... where did you
read this?

Eclpse97

Mar 19, 2003, 12:29:26 PM3/19/03
As with any network I am sure they are not going to admit that they have gay
actors/actresses on their shows. But Susan Flannery has been openly gay for
quite some time now. As for Ian Buchanan there have been rumors floating
around for years. He has never come out and said he was. But I think that
there is a good possibility he is.

Eclpse97

"Christine Williams" <can...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Christine Williams

Mar 19, 2003, 4:41:20 PM3/19/03
This amazes me because as many entertainment magazines, television shows and
such that I watch (which is alot, almost too much) I've never heard Susan
was gay.

"Eclpse97" <Eclp...@adelphia.net> wrote in message

nicolaas

Apr 1, 2003, 8:25:51 AM4/1/03
We knew about this in Holland over five or six years ago. But what's the big
deal?

Melanie

"Christine Williams" <can...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Ryka

Apr 1, 2003, 8:57:25 AM4/1/03
I don't think it matters whether or not she is gay, but most of us are
surprised that we have never heard this before.

"nicolaas" <mela...@nospam.zonnet.nl> wrote in message

nicolaas

Apr 1, 2003, 9:47:21 AM4/1/03
it is weird that nobody in the producing country knows....and little wee
bitty holland does :)

Mel

"Ryka" <Ryka@dancin'shoes.com> wrote in message

Heights1298

Apr 2, 2003, 12:52:07 AM4/2/03
So does anyone know who Susan is with these days?...I think we all
know one of her previous partners...

And does anyone have more info on her role this season on QAF?

Heights1298

Ryka

Apr 2, 2003, 3:04:05 PM4/2/03
I don't know of any of her previous partners. Whom was she with? Curious!

"Heights1298" <heigh...@houston.rr.com> wrote in message

Heights1298

Apr 3, 2003, 1:09:54 AM4/3/03
Oh my! Well, Susan was linked (late 60s-late 70s) with actress turned
successful author, Fannie Flagg, per Rita Mae Brown in her autobio.,
_Rita Will_. Brown goes into considerable detail in a few chapters
abt. her own relationship with Fannie, and Flagg's ending partnership.
Throughout that thread, Brown cleverly chooses an Irish pseudonym
instead of using Fannie's previous partner's real name (I've always
wondered why Brown chose to hide Susan's ID). IMO, Brown sort of
flubbs up (1 of many in that bk.) or purposefully gives it away at
that point, and discusses a play in which Fannie co-starred with---you
guessed it: actress Susan Flannery, who is named, literally, at that
point. Pay attn. to Brown's physical description of the Irish named
actress and her career highs and lows; it sort of becomes a
no-brainer, esp. when Susan's name actually appears. It takes some
doing, but isn't that big of a leap to figure it out if you've
followed Susan's career. Plus there are other "alleged" stories to
the Susan - Fannie pairing in the 70s, such as some fab theme parties
they threw at the home they shared.

Heights1298

Bunny

Apr 3, 2003, 7:43:39 AM4/3/03
Thanks so much for the info!
Interesting to say the least.

Bunny

"Heights1298" <heigh...@houston.rr.com> wrote in message

EHorvath41

Apr 3, 2003, 9:05:33 AM4/3/03
Ry,
I have read this before. Do a google search and you can read articles about SF.

coasterqueen

Apr 3, 2003, 10:39:12 PM4/3/03

Is that why she never wears a dress?
--
Music is the Prozac of my life - Ottmar Liebert

Bunny

Apr 4, 2003, 7:40:02 AM4/4/03
She truly is the queen of pantsuits.
I noticed that as well

"coasterqueen" <coaster...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

coasterqueen

Apr 5, 2003, 5:50:03 PM4/5/03

"Bunny" wrote in message

> She truly is the queen of pantsuits.
> I noticed that as well

She even wore pants when she renewed her wedding vows. Tastefully done in a
lovely shade of ivory, of course.

Ryka

Apr 6, 2003, 2:09:18 PM4/6/03
I know she always wears pants, etc. but I never thought it was because she
is gay. I thought it was more flattering to her shape. In real life shots,
with her spiky hair, I guess I can imagine it. But...it doesn't make an
iota of difference. She's a great actress and director.

"coasterqueen" <coaster...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

coasterqueen

Apr 7, 2003, 6:01:29 PM4/7/03

"Ryka" wrote in message

> I know she always wears pants, etc. but I never thought it was because she
> is gay. I thought it was more flattering to her shape. In real life
shots,
> with her spiky hair, I guess I can imagine it. But...it doesn't make an
> iota of difference. She's a great actress and director.

So did she wear pants for the first two wedding ceremonies also?

Wendyan...@hotmail.com

May 8, 2015, 3:37:43 PM5/8/15
Just because Susan flannery never seen wearing dresses , is not an indication of her sexual orientation . I've known for years that she's gay, so what? As long as she's having a happy life. Nothing else matters. Gay , straight bi transgender , God loves us all .

grhda...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2015, 7:21:59 PM7/14/15
a couple of years ago, on a YouTube video, someone asked the question..personally, i started to wonder because, as she aged SF seemed more and more masculine in her appearance - clothes, hair, body language..

and i'm sure we know that not everyone - in the entertainment industry or otherwise - is completely forthcoming with personal details..regardless of how forward-thinking people portray themselves to be, there's enough of a faction in this society to make a difference (i.e. actors who keep it to themselves; not just from us, but from those in their chosen profession who have issue with this fact) - so there will <i>always</i> those who play it close to the vest...and since it's not confirmed, to my knowledge about SF or IB, i'll only say i strongly suspect...