TLBL discussion

1 view

Deborah Menser

Jun 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/24/98
to beautyb...@rtchaos.com

> You really think so? I never thought that. Vincent seemed way too
*out of
>it* to be performing any sexual acts, and I didn't think that Catherine
would
>have taken advantage of the situation. He could barely walk out of the
cave
>when Father came, and I don't think they would have exposed themselves
in the
>cave, when all those people were outside waiting. I assumed the fire
and the
>lava were symbols of their love that had brought Vincent back from the
brink
>of death; i.e. Catherine reviving him with her kiss.
>
>I always felt that they had made love in the music chamber while
Mozart's
>Clarinet Concerto was playing. He was back to his normal state of
health,
>and felt *blessed*. Does everybody think their first time was in the
cave?

>I might have to give this some second thought! Hmmmmmmmmmm........

I like the interpretation; and, I do feel that when V&C really made love
is open to interpretation since it is not really shown.

One interpretation of what happened in that cave is that V&C did not
make love, at least not in the usual sense, and they certainly did not
expose themselves. When father came in, it surely does not look as if
their clothes had been off! But in her attempts to revive Vincent,
Catherine did kiss Vincent; and, perhaps she "touched him intimately."
This might help explain why Catherine seemed concerned as to what
Vincent did and did not remember in the cave. She never says that she is
concerned; but, IMO she acts it! :)

IMO it is possible to take the lava and roses as symbolic of their
passion being finally allowed to bloom; but, that does not mean that it
was consumated there.

That could have come later, during the concert is a nice place although
V&C do not look like they have been doing anything very athletic! :)
But, for sure, I think they have been intimate by then and Vincent does
remember it, so he does feel "Blessed."

If you work on the assumption that Vincent never remembered their
intimacy, one thing does seem strange to me. When Catherine says
"We loved." Vincent looks like he knows what she is talking about.
He certainly doesn't look puzzled; and, he doesn't say anything like
"Catherine, you will have to be more specific!" :)

When Catherine says "There is a child." Vincent doesn't ask "Where, who,
what?" Me, I would have started looking for some kid, not a baby,
because she said "child" which is generally assumed to be older than a
baby; but, from this, Vincent knows that Catherine has had his baby, a
son because she said "he."

Pretty good deduction under any circumstances; but, IMO pretty darn
impossible if Vincent had no idea that he and Catherine had been
intimate!

=Sandra=
http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/b/m/bmoore3/index.htm
Spend too much time with people of like mind and you will lose yours.

The beautybeast-tv list FAQ=>http://www.rtchaos.com/zenobia/batb/faq.html