3rd Season.....I'm so drepressed. :(

1 view

dae...@chaos.rtchaos.com

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98
to beautyb...@rtchaos.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Knigh...@webtv.net <Knigh...@webtv.net>
To: beautyb...@rtchaos.com <beautyb...@rtchaos.com>
Cc: beautyb...@rtchaos.com <beautyb...@rtchaos.com>
Date: Thursday, February 19, 1998 3:46 PM
Subject: Re: 3rd Season.....my opinion

Hello all,

>>>I don't know if you know this or not, but WGN is not showing "uncut"
eps. They're
airing edited versions of the eps. Scenes have been cut so they can
show more commercials.

Like in Arabesque -- I couldn't believe they cut the flashback scene
with Father and young Vincent, when Father is explaining about Lisa
having to go away. They always cut the good parts!>>>

>>>And they cut Geoffrey's scene in "Orphans", the scene which explains the
title! Duh! Did they cut anything in "A Fair and Perfect Knight"? I
love that episode!>>>

Okay dear friends....now I'm depressed. I just saw these episodes you
named in a matter of a week or two. No, Knightsong...they didn't have
much to the FB of Father explaining why Lisa had to leave.

And nothing was shown about Geoffrey's scene. Thanks for elaborating
this all to me. I truly wish I HAD saw the show from the beginning.
I watched part 1 & 2 of the Trilogy today. And all I can say is, no comment.
Tell me...will 3s be *that* bad? Ta ta

She

The beautybeast-tv list FAQ=>http://www.rtchaos.com/zenobia/batb/faq.html

dae...@chaos.rtchaos.com

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98
to beautyb...@rtchaos.com

<< I watched part 1 & 2 of the Trilogy today. And all I can say is, no
comment.
Tell me...will 3s be *that* bad? Ta ta

She >>

WORSE!!!! It's painful, She!!! :(

Julie

AdamsGreg&Judy

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98
to beautyb...@rtchaos.com
---------

She,

While watching "Though Lovers Be Lost" sometime in September, after not
having seen it in about seven years, my husband walked in on me because
he wondered what was wrong because of all the sobs, etc., he heard
coming from the living room. When he asked what was wrong, I just waved
my hands at him, he looked to see what was on TV, then said, "Oh, okay!"
and left the house. Smart man, my husband!

Don't watch unless you have boxes of tissues, and make sure you're not
in a bad mood before you watch. It's stressful and very painful. I
don't know if I'll watch it this time.

Judy

dae...@chaos.rtchaos.com

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98
to beautyb...@rtchaos.com

>She:

>I truly wish I HAD saw the show from the beginning.
>I watched part 1 & 2 of the Trilogy today. And all I can say is, no comment.
>Tell me...will 3s be *that* bad?

tap:
IMO, and in a word, YES.

Vincent and Catherine forever!

|\/\/\/\ ============================= |\/\/\_
/ _ ) ( \
| ) \ Teri )_ \ |
\ | - \ t...@pclink.com ' ) |
\ \ Y |_ / /
> ')_/ Checkmate _ ) <
_| )_ _| |_
| ______ | | ______ |
|___________| ======================== |_________ _|

Check out http://www.rtchaos.com/cabb/cabb.html for Classic BATB stuff!

dae...@chaos.rtchaos.com

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98
to beautyb...@rtchaos.com

I try not to rewatch anything after WRB.........after that the eps sort of
send me into a downward spiral.....I imagine this is similar to V's decent
into darkness.....Too many negative emotions come to the
surface........Laura.H

dae...@chaos.rtchaos.com

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98
to beautyb...@rtchaos.com

<< While watching "Though Lovers Be Lost" sometime in September, after not
having seen it in about seven years, my husband walked in on me because
he wondered what was wrong because of all the sobs >>

Yes She, Walk Slowly is the one I sobbed through even more. At the time it
was aired my son was a small child and he came running over to hug me cause I
was crying so hard. I will never forget that moment.

Lin

Jason T.Newman

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98
to beautyb...@rtchaos.com

>And nothing was shown about Geoffrey's scene. Thanks for elaborating

>this all to me. I truly wish I HAD saw the show from the beginning.

>I watched part 1 & 2 of the Trilogy today. And all I can say is, no comment.

>Tell me...will 3s be *that* bad? Ta ta
>
>She

It doesn't get much better...I only started watching B&B a year ago, and
started pretty much at the beginning. My wife and I just recently watched
the trilogy....pretty depressing. I can't go any further right now.

Jason Newman
jt...@email.psu.edu

http://www.personal.psu.edu/jtn2.

Optimist: The glass is half full
Pestimist: The glass is half empty
Realist: Damn. Now I have to clean it

dae...@chaos.rtchaos.com

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98
to beautyb...@rtchaos.com

>Jason:

>It doesn't get much better...I only started watching B&B a year ago, and
>started pretty much at the beginning. My wife and I just recently watched
>the trilogy....pretty depressing. I can't go any further right now.

tap:

My advice is:

1. During the trilogy, remember this:

'Madness need not be all breakdown. It may also be breakthrough. It is
potentially liberation and renewal, as well as enslavement and existential
death.'

The Politics of Experience (1967)
Ronald David Laing

2. Keep repeating to yourself: It's only a dream, it's only a dream...

3. Don't watch any further and the fairytale lives on.

Vincent and Catherine forever!

|\/\/\/\ ============================= |\/\/\_
/ _ ) ( \
| ) \ Teri )_ \ |
\ | - \ t...@pclink.com ' ) |
\ \ Y |_ / /
> ')_/ Checkmate _ ) <
_| )_ _| |_
| ______ | | ______ |
|___________| ======================== |_________ _|

Check out http://www.rtchaos.com/cabb/cabb.html for Classic BATB stuff!

Jim & Nicole

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98
to beautyb...@rtchaos.com

Judy wrote:
>While watching "Though Lovers Be Lost" sometime in September, after not
>having seen it in about seven years, my husband walked in on me because
>he wondered what was wrong because of all the sobs, etc., he heard
>coming from the living room. When he asked what was wrong, I just waved
>my hands at him, he looked to see what was on TV, then said, "Oh, okay!"
>and left the house. Smart man, my husband!

I have to laugh just 'cause this sounds soooooo familiar. I rented the 5
eps Blockbuster had and loved each one until TLBL- I was suspicious of the
title but watched it anyways and couldn't *believe* the ending, totally
took me by surprise. I cried almost uncontrollably for a week- like I was
in mourning. And for months after that couldn't even so much as *think*
about the show for fear of diving into another depression. Not my normal
reaction to make believe but this show really hit a nerve. And poor Jim,
tried so hard to be understanding but just completely clueless. Then,
years later, I found fandom online and am no longer alone. :>

-Nicole, (aka neremite)
mt.biki...@usa.net

"Forgive me! Forgive me for doubting.
What we have is all that matters. It's worth everything!"

TCramer124

Feb 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/20/98

[...]

Tina replies:

Well, let me just say this....if you haven't ever seen 3rd season. I guarantee
you will HATE lava and roses by the time 3rd season begins! <EG>

I think the trilogy was very "intense". It's the only word I can use to
describe the events detailed there. There are so many roads not taken with the
events of the trilogy. I wanted the show to desperately examine Vincent's
psyche during this trilogy. Catherine loves him with an undying devotion and
it's plain to see especially in "Ceremony of Innocence" (the 2nd trilogy ep).

Once you see the beginning of 3rd season, you'll understand why most of us
Classic fans hate lava and roses! <G>

As far as I'm concerned "death has no dominion" for me where V & C are
concerned. And after you see tomorrow's episode on WGN "The Rest Is Silence"
(the 2nd season ending cliffhanger), and "Tho Lovers Be Lost" you will
understand why I say this!

In my mind, I will get my "happy life" one of these days.

So to answer your question "is it "that" bad? You have no idea what awaits you
on the other side of that cave when Catherine walks in there! <G>

This story begins with "Once upon a time....". Let's just say the jury is
still out on the "They lived happily ever after" part! A lot will depend on if
the TV movie ever gets made.

Tina

alt.tv.lois-n-clark.fanfic

northsider

Feb 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/20/98

SO DID I! :(

> Catherine loves him with an undying devotion and
> it's plain to see especially in "Ceremony of Innocence" (the 2nd trilogy ep).
>
> Once you see the beginning of 3rd season, you'll understand why most of us
> Classic fans hate lava and roses! <G>
>
> As far as I'm concerned "death has no dominion" for me where V & C are
> concerned. And after you see tomorrow's episode on WGN "The Rest Is Silence"
> (the 2nd season ending cliffhanger), and "Tho Lovers Be Lost" you will
> understand why I say this!
>
> In my mind, I will get my "happy life" one of these days.
>
> So to answer your question "is it "that" bad? You have no idea what awaits you
> on the other side of that cave when Catherine walks in there! <G>
>
> This story begins with "Once upon a time....". Let's just say the jury is
> still out on the "They lived happily ever after" part! A lot will depend on if
> the TV movie ever gets made.
>
> Tina
>
> alt.tv.lois-n-clark.fanfic

Personally, I thought the 3S was good drama, very intense, extremely
well acted especially by Perlman, Avocone, and Albert! Father's part was
not very well written
IMO; but, Dotrice did the best he could with it.

There are things I don't like about various classic episodes as well so
a criticism
of some aspects of the third does not take away from how well I think
the third season
was done, especially in light of how little time they had to do it.

My problem is that I didn't take to Diana as a potential love interest.
This has
nothing to do with Jo Anderson who IMO did as well as she could in the
part. Maybe I just wasn't ready for a new love interest or whatever;
and, I don't think a couple of more hours in a movie is enough time to
make me ready. Maybe if the BATB had not been cancelled and had
continued for a season or two - maybe; but, that is a maybe that will
never happen because of what did happen.

I realize that some of you say that you would not have continued to
watch BATB without
Catherine; but, I would have because I was still interested in Vincent,
the tunnels, and the other BATB characters. Like I said, maybe in time
I would have taken to Diana as
Vincent's love interest; but, that is a road not taken and we can't go
back now -
not classic fans, not third season and all season fans, not any of us.
--
=Sandra=
Spend too much time with people of like mind and you will lose yours.

northsider

Feb 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/20/98

dae...@chaos.rtchaos.com wrote:

> << I watched part 1 & 2 of the Trilogy today. And all I can say is, no
> comment.
> Tell me...will 3s be *that* bad? Ta ta
>
> She >>
>
> WORSE!!!! It's painful, She!!! :(
>
> Julie
>
> The beautybeast-tv list FAQ=>http://www.rtchaos.com/zenobia/batb/faq.html

The second episode of the third season, "Walk Slowly," is the saddest
thing I have ever seen on the screen. It is also the best episode of
BATB if you can take it! I am not the only "classic" BATB fan who has
said this; but, you do have to be able to take it!