Beakman's World S2E39 -- Ants, Beakmania, & Collisons

Ant

Mar 1, 2008, 3:17:26 PM3/1/08
Hi all!

I noticed Beakman's World finally has an episode on ants. Does anyone
know when this will be epsidoe aired again in Los Angeles, CA, USA? Or
is it (ant segment is preferred) available online?

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"..., you ready for a little dumpster diving?" "Um... okay." "You know I
don't mind getting my hands dirty." "I mean, maggots, wet trash, I am
\ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: phi...@earthlink.netANT
( ) or ANT...@zimage.com

Rich Wales

Mar 2, 2008, 10:21:15 PM3/2/08
"Ant" wrote:

> I noticed Beakman's World finally has an episode on ants.

"Ants, Beakmania, & Collisions" dates from around 1995. You do
realize Beakman's World went out of production a decade ago and
that ALL the episodes are reruns . . . right?

> Does anyone know when this will be epsiode aired again in
> Los Angeles, CA, USA?

For reasons I really do not understand, NONE of the "Liza" episodes
have been aired in the current syndication of Beakman's World reruns.
Local stations in my area (San Francisco Bay Area) have shown all of
the "Josie" and "Phoebe" episodes -- many twice -- but no "Liza" yet.

I'm guessing that there's been some sort of contract dispute with
Eliza Schneider (the actress who did "Liza"), but that's just my
guess and I don't know any details.

Has anyone, in fact, seen ANY "Liza" episodes lately?

> Or is it (ant segment is preferred) available online?

AFAIK, none of the "Beakman's World" episodes is (legitimately)
available online.

Rich Wales === Palo Alto, CA, USA === ri...@richw.org
http://www.richw.org === http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Richwales

Ant

Mar 2, 2008, 11:44:02 PM3/2/08
On 3/2/2008 7:21 PM PT, Rich Wales typed:

> > I noticed Beakman's World finally has an episode on ants.
>
> "Ants, Beakmania, & Collisions" dates from around 1995. You do
> realize Beakman's World went out of production a decade ago and
> that ALL the episodes are reruns . . . right?

1995? Wow, that old?

> > Does anyone know when this will be epsiode aired again in
> > Los Angeles, CA, USA?
>
> For reasons I really do not understand, NONE of the "Liza" episodes
> have been aired in the current syndication of Beakman's World reruns.
> Local stations in my area (San Francisco Bay Area) have shown all of
> the "Josie" and "Phoebe" episodes -- many twice -- but no "Liza" yet.
>
> I'm guessing that there's been some sort of contract dispute with
> Eliza Schneider (the actress who did "Liza"), but that's just my
> guess and I don't know any details.
>
> Has anyone, in fact, seen ANY "Liza" episodes lately?
>
> > Or is it (ant segment is preferred) available online?
>
> AFAIK, none of the "Beakman's World" episodes is (legitimately)
> available online.

Darn. Not even DVDs?
--
"The ants are back Ted!" --Dougal from Father Ted TV show.

Jax

Mar 3, 2008, 8:16:59 PM3/3/08
On Mar 2, 10:21 pm, ri...@richw.org (Rich Wales) wrote:
> "Ant" wrote:
>
> > I noticed Beakman's World finally has an episode on ants.
>
> "Ants, Beakmania, & Collisions" dates from around 1995. You do
> realize Beakman's World went out of production a decade ago and
> that ALL the episodes are reruns . . . right?
>
> > Does anyone know when this will be epsiode aired again in
> > Los Angeles, CA, USA?
>
> For reasons I really do not understand, NONE of the "Liza" episodes
> have been aired in the current syndication of Beakman's World reruns.
> Local stations in my area (San Francisco Bay Area) have shown all of
> the "Josie" and "Phoebe" episodes -- many twice -- but no "Liza" yet.
>
> I'm guessing that there's been some sort of contract dispute with
> Eliza Schneider (the actress who did "Liza"), but that's just my
> guess and I don't know any details.
>
> Has anyone, in fact, seen ANY "Liza" episodes lately?

I have...just that they're in another language...

Rich Wales

Mar 6, 2008, 1:00:32 AM3/6/08
"Ant" wrote:

> Darn. Not even DVDs?

There is a DVD, "The Best of Beakman's World". According to
amazon.com, it contains 60 minutes of material on a single disc,
and all three of Beakman's assistants are credited in the list
of actors. I haven't been able to find a description of exactly
which segments are included, however -- and it goes without
saying that a "best of" collection containing only 60 minutes
of material is not going to satisfy true fans of the show.