Moe here, with good news about P&B&E!

MLTHEBRAIN

Mar 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/13/98

Hi, gang! I'm typing this in my office literally across the street from where
we record all our fine WBA shows, and not more than half an hour after our
first recording for "Pinky & The Brain: The Elmyra Years" (the show's current
working title). As one of those who was initially quite skeptical of the new
concept (yes, I'll admit it) I have to say, I've rarely been so happy to be
wrong about something in my life. This show is (pardon my Stern) FRIGGIN'
HILARIOUS!!!!!
Cree is hysterical as Elmyra, and the scripts are, if possible, even more
warped (in a good way) than our most "out there" shows from the regular series.
Also, the dynamic between Pinky & Brain (and, from an actor's standpoint, Rob
and myself) is actually enhanced by this new ingredient to our world domination
stew. Pinky now has someone to play with, (and actually be the teeniest bit
smarter than), and Brain now has two major sources of exasperation, which is
when he's funniest (I hope).
All I can say is, fret not! Pinky and The Brain LIVES!!! (in Elmyra's house...)
You guys are in for a treat!

Moe

P.S. - Thanks to all for your warm Emmy nomination congrats, both on this NG,
and via email. It means a lot to me. - ML

LuckyMunki

Mar 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/13/98

Ok... MLTHEBRAIN wrote:

> All I can say is, fret not! Pinky and The Brain LIVES!!! (in Elmyra's house...)
> You guys are in for a treat!

Well, if you say so, I shall be worry free and go head on with a
smile... :-) Let's just hope you are right.
Liz... WRITE BACK DARN IT! ;-)
--
"Gratuitous violence is beneath me." | A!JW23 YK+++ir |
"Then why are you always BOPPING me on the head?" | DT+++ir W+++ir |

Calipso Chicken

Mar 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/14/98

Coming directly from the source, that lifted my spirits about the new
P&B idea, which is nice :)

Calipso Chicken

ssh...@tidalwave.net

Mar 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/15/98

In article <19980313215...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
The great Moe wrote:

> All I can say is, fret not! Pinky and The Brain LIVES!!! (in Elmyra's
> house...) You guys are in for a treat!

Now I'm happy. Which writers are involved didn't mean much to me (I'm to new
to be able to tell one writer from another, and good writers don't always make
good writing.) But someone has seen the scripts (in fact *recorded* them) and
thinks they're funny, that's good enough for me.

Emily....I just hope Elmyra gets hit on the head. Lots. And blown up.

Louie Gonsalves

Mar 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/16/98

>Emily....I just hope Elmyra gets hit on the head. Lots. And blown up.

Don't forget anvilled, ran thru shredders, and used for Brain's
experiments...

Think about it: If he wants to control the brainless masses, then he's got
The Supreme Specimen as his owner...

And mice are harder to catch than say, qats or rabbits...

Jessica Wolfman

Mar 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/16/98

So here's a question: des she *know* that they are intellegent and out
to conquor the world, does she just think they're cute li'l mice, or
what?

And... does she dress them up?

Jessica Wolfman
loup...@webtv.net

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
character, give him power."
--Lincoln

Film2Edit

Mar 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/16/98

>So here's a question: des she *know* that they are intellegent and out
>to conquor the world, does she just think they're cute li'l mice, or
>what?
>
>And... does she dress them up?

Nah. She just cares if they are fuzzy and cute. In intellegents, maybe Pinky,
but still we all know that Pinky isn't dumb.

As for dressing them up maybe. In a fan fic I was working on she does and they
get hurt a lot (I donno why, she just likes to squish them and through them
around a lot).

Later-Erika

G. Su

Mar 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/17/98

On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, Jessica Wolfman wrote:
> So here's a question: des she *know* that they are intellegent and out
> to conquor the world, does she just think they're cute li'l mice, or
> what?

Does ANYONE in any of the episodes ever know that they are trying to take
over the world? Besides Gulliver Sloane?

> And... does she dress them up?

Ooh, that's original. How many times have we seen Pinky in a dress? (No,
let's not start the "Pinky is gay" thread again...) Even Brain's already
been in a dress once.

Of course, some things stay funny no matter how many times you see it.

King Yakko

Alsis30

Mar 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/18/98

On 3/17/98, "G. Su" <ok...@u.washington.edu> wrote:

>> And... does she [Elmyra] dress them up [on the new show]?

>Ooh, that's original. How many times have we seen Pinky in a dress? (No,
>let's not start the "Pinky is gay" thread again...) Even Brain's already
>been in a dress once.

If you throw in the comics, I think it's more than once. But, some soul of
a more organized type of weirdness than Yours Truly will have to answer that
for sure.

>Of course, some things stay funny no matter how many times you see it.

Very true. I think the only thing that makes me laugh harder than Brain as
Cher is "YSAM".

"Er, Brain, why are we in the closet with this agent lady? Poit! And why
does she keep yelling, 'Not the feet! Not the feet!' ?"

"You read entirely too much Deja News, Pinky."

Alsis "Warranted To Contain Not Less Than 10,000 PPB Coffee Grounds By
Weight" 3...@aol.com

Kane Leung

Mar 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/18/98

On 18 Mar 1998 02:04:23 GMT, Alsis30 wrote:
<...>

> "Er, Brain, why are we in the closet with this agent lady? Poit! And why
>does she keep yelling, 'Not the feet! Not the feet!' ?"

I see *someone* has been reading back on "Re: The making of a PatB cartoon ..."
(Date: 3 May 1997)

My second reaction to this, though, is "Not in the face! Not in the face!"

> "You read entirely too much Deja News, Pinky."

Well something's gotta be a source for complete and utter nonesense ...

> Alsis "Warranted To Contain Not Less Than 10,000 PPB Coffee Grounds By
>Weight" 3...@aol.com

I presume the PPB means (P)ounds (P)er (B)lood unit!

-- NC

Alsis30

Mar 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/19/98

On 3/18/98, ap...@lafn.org (Kane Leung) wrote:

<snip>

>I see *someone* has been reading back on "Re: The making of a PatB cartoon
>..."
>(Date: 3 May 1997)

Yep. "On Swing Shift --10:15 PM-- No Can Hear You Fall Out Of Your Desk
Chair Shrieking Like A Pinched Hyena. Or A Giant Chicken."

Well, except the late-nighters in Mergers & Acquisitions, and they're too
busy microfilming their millions to care what their lessers do. But I gave up
that shift anyway, and am now trying to reconstruct a life while I'm still
young enough to remember what one is... :)

>My second reaction to this, though, is "Not in the face! Not in the face!"

How *do* you explain all those cream-pie stains on the carpet to your
landlord? To say nothing of all those ping pong balls that keep rolling out
the sliding door and off the balcony into the swimming pool? Or is that normal
in L.A.?

>Well something's gotta be a source for complete and utter nonesense ...

Yeah. As comic relief, the Prez Scandals just don't have the panache that
they used to... :)

<snip>

>I presume the PPB means (P)ounds (P)er (B)lood unit!

Nope. Parts Per Billion. You can have the free trip to the Rock of
Gibralter anyway, though.

Alsis "Dammit, Jim, I'm An Art Geek, Not A Scientist!" 3...@aol.com