P&B WIN PRIME TIME EMMY

Pedro2590

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

On Saturday night, 9/7/96, "A Pinky and the Brain Christmas" won the Emmy
for Animated series or special, beating out "The Simpsons" (can you
believe it?), Duckman, Cow and Chicken, and Dexter's Lab. The nominees
were Spielberg, Ruegger, Mills, and me, Peter Hastings. We were
(pleasently) shocked! Absolutely not expecting it - but we'll take it.

Dave Mackey

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

Pedro2590 (pedr...@aol.com) wrote:
: On Saturday night, 9/7/96, "A Pinky and the Brain Christmas" won the Emmy

Peter, congratulations on your Emmy win, and congrats also to Steven, Tom
and Rusty. I hope you'll spill the beans somewhat about this new primetime
incarnation of P&TB that's in development?

--

dma...@raven.cybercomm.net Dave Mackey
Visit my Home Page! http://raven.cybercomm.net/~dmackey

Ron Keeper O'Dell

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

dma...@cybercomm.net (Dave Mackey) wrote:

>Peter, congratulations on your Emmy win, and congrats also to Steven, Tom
>and Rusty. I hope you'll spill the beans somewhat about this new primetime
>incarnation of P&TB that's in development?

I don't think Peter is reading the group much these days, so he might
not see that article. Anyway, the most recent thing I heard is that
it was abandoned. Peter submitted the rehash pilot script to the
network a week before he left WBA, and heard nothing from them about
it. I don't remember where I heard more recently that it was abandoned
entirely (did you say that, Earl?). Regardless, though, I would figure
that by this point if anything was to become of it we'd have heard about
it by now.

--
Ron O'Dell `Keeper' kee...@cats.ucsc.edu kee...@armory.com kee...@cruzio.com
http://members.cruzio.com/~keeper/toons.html - Contemporary WB cartoons info

J or S Weinman

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

I don't know if you're reading this, Mr. H, but--
congratulations. You guys deserved this. Of course, being in this group
I'm a partisan, but it was a great episode and it just DESERVED to win,
that's all. I'm suddenly thinking much higher of the judgement of the
people who give out the Emmys! Anyway, thanks for a great show and I
think I speak for all the people in this group when I say thanks and
good luck in your future projects. We'll be watching.

Alana-Nicole Dery

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

Amen to that one,
I love Pinky & the Brain and thought the Christmas Show was the
best!!!! Keep those P&B shows coming and I'll keep watching!
Alana

Beth Ann Bryant

Sep 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/16/96

In article <510hqf$h...@darkstar.ucsc.edu>,

kee...@cats.ucsc.edu (Ron "Keeper" O'Dell) wrote:
>dma...@cybercomm.net (Dave Mackey) wrote:
>
>>Peter, congratulations on your Emmy win, and congrats also to Steven, Tom
>>and Rusty. I hope you'll spill the beans somewhat about this new
primetime
>>incarnation of P&TB that's in development?
>
>I don't think Peter is reading the group much these days, so he might
>not see that article. Anyway, the most recent thing I heard is that
>it was abandoned. Peter submitted the rehash pilot script to the
>network a week before he left WBA, and heard nothing from them about
>it. I don't remember where I heard more recently that it was abandoned
>entirely (did you say that, Earl?). Regardless, though, I would figure
>that by this point if anything was to become of it we'd have heard about
>it by now.

Actually the what's happening page on the WBAnimation web page talks about
the new evening version on Pinky and the Brain. I believe it is starting
in January

Freakazette
--

"And Don't forget there's Freakazette, a lovely shade of Blue!"
A! JW22 YK++ WK++ Dt+++^ P&B++ WBS+ HN++^ KKi P+ I++++ Difa

Ron Keeper O'Dell

Sep 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/16/96

bbr...@rio.com (Beth Ann Bryant) wrote:

>Actually the what's happening page on the WBAnimation web page talks about
>the new evening version on Pinky and the Brain. I believe it is starting
>in January

I think that's been there for a long time, though -- before Peter even
submitted the script for approval.

Or does the page give anything in detail?

Robert Dahlen

Sep 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/17/96

pedr...@aol.com (Peter Hastings) proudly announced:

> On Saturday night, 9/7/96, "A Pinky and the Brain Christmas" won the
> Emmy for Animated series or special, beating out "The Simpsons" (can you
> believe it?), Duckman, Cow and Chicken, and Dexter's Lab. The nominees
> were Spielberg, Ruegger, Mills, and me, Peter Hastings. We were
> (pleasently) shocked! Absolutely not expecting it - but we'll take it.

[jumps up, does happy dance] Congratulations, everyone who worked
on that episode! Even with the worthy competition (including two of the
better shows on the air), P&B Xmas was still the best of the bunch, and
deserved to win. Way to go!
--Robert
(Pity it's probably the only year Pinky and the Brain will be
eligible....)

Pinky's Friend

Sep 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/18/96

On Sep 16, 1996 07:23:21 in article <Re: P&B WIN PRIME TIME EMMY>,

'bbr...@rio.com (Beth Ann Bryant)' wrote:

>Actually the what's happening page on the WBAnimation web page talks about
the
>new evening version on Pinky and the Brain. I believe it is starting in
>January

I believe that's what they believed when they posted that. It's not.

Earl

Beth Ann Bryant

Sep 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/18/96

In article <51nu91$f...@news2.h1.usa.pipeline.com>,

That's ok. I also believe in Santa, the EasterBunny, and that you are a
giant chicken.

Pinky's Friend

Sep 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/19/96

On Sep 18, 1996 07:01:04 in article <Re: P&B WIN PRIME TIME EMMY>,

'bbr...@rio.com (Beth Ann Bryant)' wrote:

>That's ok. I also believe in Santa, the EasterBunny, and that you are a
giant
>chicken.

Boo!

Matthew Miller

Sep 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/24/96

In alt.tv.animaniacs, Pinky's Friend (earl...@usa.pipeline.com) writes:
: On Sep 18, 1996 07:01:04 in article <Re: P&B WIN PRIME TIME EMMY>,

Boo who?

--
Matthew Miller -- rmi...@infinet.com

Lari 35960

Sep 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/29/96

In article <84286929...@p11.t0.rio.com>, bbr...@rio.com (Beth Ann
Bryant) writes:

>Actually the what's happening page on the WBAnimation web page talks
about
>the new evening version on Pinky and the Brain. I believe it is starting

>in January

YIKES! I'm scared. I'm really, really scared!

----
Yes, I am the teenage goddess of heavenly bodies and brownies. Want one?
"And that's why you're good at math." "I thought that it was genetic."
"No, it's Cheerios." (a conversation between Lari and Lari's mom)

jeff

Sep 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/29/96

Lari 35960 wrote:

> In article <84286929...@p11.t0.rio.com>, bbr...@rio.com (Beth Ann
> Bryant) writes:
>
> >Actually the what's happening page on the WBAnimation web page talks
> about
> >the new evening version on Pinky and the Brain. I believe it is starting
>
> >in January
>
> YIKES! I'm scared. I'm really, really scared!
>
> ----

Didn't (The One & Only) Earl K. say that this was not going to
happen?

Beth Ann Bryant

Sep 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/29/96

In article <52lie0$3...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, lari...@aol.com (Lari 35960) wrote:
>In article <84286929...@p11.t0.rio.com>, bbr...@rio.com (Beth Ann
>Bryant) writes:
>
>>Actually the what's happening page on the WBAnimation web page talks
>about
>>the new evening version on Pinky and the Brain.
>
>YIKES! I'm scared. I'm really, really scared!

Don't be too scared, Lari, our friend Earl has already told us this is not
to be.

Pinky's Friend

Sep 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/29/96

On Sep 29, 1996 10:59:52 in article <Re: new evening version of P&tB>,

'jeff <pnch...@ONIX.com>' wrote:

>Didn't (The One & Only) Earl K. say that this was not going to happen?

I did, indeed. Indeed, I did.

The One and Only Me

jeff

Sep 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/30/96

Pinky's Friend wrote:

> I did, indeed. Indeed, I did.

Can you now tell us what the premise of the show would
have been - if it had been made?

Lari 35960

Oct 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/9/96

In article <84403624...@p32.t0.rio.com>, bry...@rio.com (Beth Ann
Bryant) writes:

>>YIKES! I'm scared. I'm really, really scared!
>
>Don't be too scared, Lari, our friend Earl has already told us this is
not
>to be.

No, _he_ scared me, "Boo"-ing around...

Lari 35960

Oct 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/20/96

In article <52mnbp$e...@news2.h1.usa.pipeline.com>,
earl...@usa.pipeline.com(Pinky's Friend) writes:

>The One and Only Me

Wouldn't it be funny if there were more of you? and you'd just been
fooling yourself all along? Huh? Hey! Where are you going! Come back!
I'm safe!