Star Wars Parody?

Vincent Murphy

May 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/13/99
Hi
I have just seen Star Wars Parody episode and
I was wondering if any one can tell me if is available
any where.
As a Star Wars fan I thought it was a great send up.
I just wonder how Warner Brothers got permission
from George Lucas, as I hear that he is very protective
of his little creation.

Still laughing
Murf

Paul Neubauer

May 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/13/99

Have your VCR rolling tape this weekend. KWB will be
showing Star Warners again. Coincidence? Yeah, suuuuure.

--
Vakko This message is copyright Paul Neubauer, permission
is freely granted to copy this message. Deja.com

Kane Leung

May 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/13/99

In a previous article, va...@frontiernet.net (Paul Neubauer) says:
<...>

>Have your VCR rolling tape this weekend. KWB will be
>showing Star Warners again. Coincidence? Yeah, suuuuure.

'taws at the WBSS gallery today @ lunchtime ... they're doing a phone
release on 5/17 of various cels from the ep.

-- NC

Mzmeesh

May 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/13/99

>'taws at the WBSS gallery today @ lunchtime ... they're doing a phone
>release on 5/17 of various cels from the ep.

Uhh....what's a phone relase?

Plato

May 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/13/99
On May 13, 1999, mzm...@aol.com (Mzmeesh) wrote:
[Vincent Murphy wrote:]

>>I just wonder how Warner Brothers got permission
>>from George Lucas, as I hear that he is very protective
>>of his little creation.

Fair use. It's a parody -- you know, one of those things that WB Legal
won't let you put on your website???

[Caked the Narf:]

>>'taws at the WBSS gallery today @ lunchtime ... they're doing a phone
>>release on 5/17 of various cels from the ep.
>Uhh....what's a phone relase?

That's when you liberate the phones from man's enslavement.

"Be free, little ones! ... Uh, phones can fly, can't they??"

- David "Sure they can -- just like monkeys!!" Green

Alsis30

May 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/15/99
On 5/13/99, pl...@edmc.net (Plato) wrote:

>On May 13, 1999, mzm...@aol.com (Mzmeesh) wrote:
>[Vincent Murphy wrote:]

>>>I just wonder how Warner Brothers got permission
>>>from George Lucas, as I hear that he is very protective
>>>of his little creation.

>Fair use. It's a parody -- you know, one of those things that
>WB Legal won't let you put on your website???

Isn't it nice to see how well today's young have been reoriented toward a
more refined fealty to the corporate behemoths than old codgers like me ever
dreamt of in the bright, shining days of our youth? "Can we do... a...
parody...? Would George... let us??" Yeesh.

<Sigh.>
Y'know, I was already sick of the "Phantom Menace" hype machine by January,
the ensuing months have only enhanced the sensation, and I plan to studiously
avoid that @#$! film until at least December. I don't care if it's the
greatest flick since "Citizen Kane." Even the best meal in the world doesn't
taste very good when someone's shoving it down your throat.

>[Caked the Narf:]
>>>'taws at the WBSS gallery today @ lunchtime ... they're doing
>>>a phone release on 5/17 of various cels from the ep.
>>Uhh....what's a phone relase?

>That's when you liberate the phones from man's enslavement.

>"Be free, little ones! ... Uh, phones can fly, can't they??"
> - David "Sure they can -- just like monkeys!!" Green

Awww... you kids're so cute!! Makes me fondly remember the time I tossed
my Mom's antique Wedgewood clock out the attic window because my cousin told me
that if I did I could see time fly. <Sigh.> And so I did and it broke and
Mom's face got all red but after about nine years and lots of therapy she
forgave me and my cousin went to Orange County and bought a cheap gray suit and
he's a Fundamentalist Republican now and no one in the family talks about him
without breaking a piece of china to keep away the evil spirits.

Okkay, 'bye.

>Brain: "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
>Pinky: "I think so Brain, but I wanted to play Darth Vader."
Brain: "Pinky, I'm sure Steven would have let you keep the role if you hadn't
plugged up the breathing vents in the mask with cracker crumbs and Feta! We
were already over budget! And do you know how hard this costume is to keep
clean?!"
Pinky: "Poit! Sorry, Brain!"

Alsis "If A Phone Flies Through The Forest And Candace Bergen Isn't There To
Hear It, Will You Be Charged Weekend Rates?" 3...@aol.com

"Now what? he asks himself. Truth and falsehood barking right in my face
and if it weren't for that pricetag I wouldn't know which was which.
He lifts both hands in a gesture of defeat..."
--Evan S. Connell, *The Connoisseur*

Skippy Squirrel

May 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/15/99
Does anyone know if there are any images, video, or audio of this
episode available on the Internet, particularly of Slappy Squirrel and
Minerva Mink? Thanks.

Skippy Squirrel

Meggie7000

May 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/16/99
>I just wonder how Warner Brothers got permission
>from George Lucas, as I hear that he is very protective
>of his little creation.

Maybe George thought that it would be alright for his buddy Steven ta use it,
just this once.

=o) Megan "who is just slightly hyper at the moment! WAHOO!"

Gerard Motola

May 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/16/99
Try some of the sites listed in the ODP's A! category @
http://dmoz.org/Arts/Television/Cartoons/Animaniacs/ . Look in the
Characters/Slappy_Squirrel and Characters/Minerva_Mink subcategories...
--
Yakko: "(knock knock knock)" Voice: "Who is it?" Yakko: "Good evening.
I'm... in love! (eye bulge) (faint)"

A! JW23 YK+++ir^'# WK+++ir'# DT+++ir!'# PI+++i BR+++ir^' SL+++ir^' SK++
SRG++
RI++: RU++ GDF++ B&M- HIP-- SN++ HN++!: KBF-- MM+++!':/-^ WB++i
P+ I+ Dswd $+++d E1ab E2 E3 E4a E19a E26 E29 E30ab
E32a E34 E35 E49 E50a E51c E53ac E54 E56a E57c E58a E59b
E61a E62ac E65 E70 E73ac E77 E82 E84 E92 E94 E99 PonNil M

Gerard Motola

May 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/16/99
Gerard Motola wrote:

> Skippy Squirrel wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know if there are any images, video, or audio of this
> > episode available on the Internet, particularly of Slappy Squirrel and
> > Minerva Mink? Thanks.
> >
> > Skippy Squirrel
> Try some of the sites listed in the ODP's A! category @
> http://dmoz.org/Arts/Television/Cartoons/Animaniacs/ . Look in the
> Characters/Slappy_Squirrel and Characters/Minerva_Mink subcategories...
But there's no SW pictures there...

Gerard Motola

May 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/16/99
Skippy Squirrel wrote:

> Does anyone know if there are any images, video, or audio of this
> episode available on the Internet, particularly of Slappy Squirrel and
> Minerva Mink? Thanks.
>
> Skippy Squirrel
http://www.geocities.com/~paulodebiasi/StarWarners/starwarners002.html

Plato

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99
On May 15, als...@aol.com (Alsis30) wrote:
>On 5/13/99, pl...@edmc.net (Plato) wrote:

>>Fair use. It's a parody -- you know, one of those things that
>>WB Legal won't let you put on your website???
> Isn't it nice to see how well today's young have been reoriented toward a
>more refined fealty to the corporate behemoths than old codgers like me ever
>dreamt of in the bright, shining days of our youth?

When were you ever bright and shiny?!?

>"Can we do... a...parody...? Would George... let us??" Yeesh.

Better stop talking like that before Paramount slaps ya with a lawsuit.

(No, Victoria Sifuentes is Slappy with a law suit -- er, wait, no, that's
not right....)

> Y'know, I was already sick of the "Phantom Menace" hype machine by January,

"Phantom Menace"?? <Blink> What's that?!?

>the ensuing months have only enhanced the sensation, and I plan to studiously
>avoid that @#$! film until at least December. I don't care if it's the

If you wait till it comes on TV, it's free, and absolutely no line-ups!!

>greatest flick since "Citizen Kane." Even the best meal in the world doesn't
>taste very good when someone's shoving it down your throat.

Eh, I heard it was a giant chicken.

>>[Caked the Narf:]

Oh, that Kane has pretty shirts, dear;
And a huge caffeine intake!
Someone tapes you while you're snoring --
Is that someone Narf the Cake?

>>>Uhh....what's a phone relase?
>>That's when you liberate the phones from man's enslavement.
>>"Be free, little ones! ... Uh, phones can fly, can't they??"
>> - David "Sure they can -- just like monkeys!!" Green
> Awww... you kids're so cute!!

Just a little thing I do!!! <<<flutter>>>

>Makes me fondly remember the time I tossed
>my Mom's antique Wedgewood clock out the attic window because my cousin told me
>that if I did I could see time fly. <Sigh.> And so I did and it broke and

I threw the butter out the window once!

>Mom's face got all red but after about nine years and lots of therapy she
>forgave me and my cousin went to Orange County

And his face got all orange?

>and bought a cheap gray suit and

I think that would clash. Not up on his fashion sense, your cousin, eh?

>he's a Fundamentalist Republican now and no one in the family talks about him
>without breaking a piece of china to

-- see if it would fly??

>keep away the evil spirits.
> Okkay, 'bye.

Bye! Don't forget to write!!

>>Brain: "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
>>Pinky: "I think so Brain, but I wanted to play Darth Vader."
> Brain: "Pinky, I'm sure Steven would have let you keep the role if you hadn't
>plugged up the breathing vents in the mask with cracker crumbs and Feta! We
>were already over budget! And do you know how hard this costume is to keep
>clean?!"
> Pinky: "Poit! Sorry, Brain!"

"...but this wouldn't've happened if only we'd had some sort of
mini-fridge to keep the cheese in!"

> Alsis "If A Phone Flies Through The Forest And Candace Bergen Isn't There To
>Hear It, Will You Be Charged Weekend Rates?" 3...@aol.com

Ow.

- David "YSM" Green

Lee Cremeans

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99
In article <plato-31059...@24.65.197.144.ab.wave.home.com>, Plato wrote:
>On May 15, als...@aol.com (Alsis30) wrote:
>>On 5/13/99, pl...@edmc.net (Plato) wrote:
>
>> Y'know, I was already sick of the "Phantom Menace" hype machine by January,
>
>"Phantom Menace"?? <Blink> What's that?!?

Four words: Jar Jar Must Die.

-lee...yippeee.

| Lee Cremeans -- Manassas, VA, USA (WakkyMouse on WTnet) |
| lcre...@erols.com | http://wakky.dyndns.org/~lee |

Alsis30

Jun 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/6/99
On 5/31/99, pl...@edmc.net (Plato) wrote:

>On May 15, als...@aol.com (Alsis30) wrote:
>>On 5/13/99, pl...@edmc.net (Plato) wrote:

>>>Fair use. It's a parody -- you know, one of those things
>>>that WB Legal won't let you put on your website???

>>Isn't it nice to see how well today's young have been reoriented
>>toward a more refined fealty to the corporate behemoths than old
>>codgers like me ever dreamt of in the bright, shining days of our youth?

>When were you ever bright and shiny?!?

Well, never both at the same time maybe, but there was that time I drank
waaaay too much sangria at the Fourth of July Party, and someone painted all my
finger and toenails with that silver-blue glittery whatsamawhoosit polish while
I was passed out. So maybe I wasn't too bright, but I was veeeeeeeeeery
shiny!! Poit!
Uh, er, that was last year, though. So I guess it wasn't really youth. We
sang obscene versions of patriotic songs, though, so it *was* really immature.
Close enough.

>>"Can we do... a...parody...? Would George... let us??" Yeesh.

>Better stop talking like that before Paramount slaps ya with a lawsuit.

If that sorry piece of tripe *Voyager* is costing them so much money that
they really want to sue some obscure Stumptown clerk for a couple of
gold-filled necklaces and a lovely Gatorade(tm)-yellow mansion located next to
a perfectly respectable crackhouse, let 'em. Heck, I'll settle out of court
right now if they'll add a clause where I get to slap Kate Mulgrew with a big
Norwegian Dancing Fish.

>(No, Victoria Sifuentes is Slappy with a law suit -- er, wait, no, that's
>not right....)

Yes, it is. And Victoria's Secret is that she left her boyfriend after one
of those dreadful 11 pm "What're you thinking" type conversations after he
replied by taking a Slappy costume and a rubber bomb out of his sock drawer
and-- oh, never mind.

>>Y'know, I was already sick of the "Phantom Menace" hype machine
>by January,

>"Phantom Menace"?? <Blink> What's that?!?

Out on the tundra chasing caribou for six months at a stretch again, eh??

>>the ensuing months have only enhanced the sensation, and I plan
>>to studiously avoid that @#$! film until at least December.

>If you wait till it comes on TV, it's free, and absolutely no line-ups!!

Just a two-hour movie "enhanced" by 1.45 hours of commercials. Let's not.

>>I don't care if it's greatest flick since "Citizen Kane." Even the best

>>meal in the world doesn't taste very good when someone's shoving it
>>down your throat.

>Eh, I heard it was a giant chicken.

Yeah, with a very expensive and elaborate coating, but no bones.

>>>[Caked the Narf:]

>Oh, that Kane has pretty shirts, dear;
> And a huge caffeine intake!
>Someone tapes you while you're snoring --
> Is that someone Narf the Cake?

Fuzzy Tiger disappeared, Dear;
Once he'd "misplaced" all his shirts!
Now old Cake buys his own warehouse!
Did our boy have someone hurt?

>>>That's when you liberate the phones from man's enslavement.
>>>"Be free, little ones! ... Uh, phones can fly, can't they??"
>>> - David "Sure they can -- just like monkeys!!" Green
>> Awww... you kids're so cute!!

>Just a little thing I do!!! <<<flutter>>>

Now's the time to start using the low-fat flutter or "I Can't Believe It's
Not Flutter." Gotta' invest in your cardiovascular health while you're still
young, you know.

>>Makes me fondly remember the time I tossed my Mom's antique
>>Wedgewood clock out the attic window because my cousin told me
>>that if I did I could see time fly. <Sigh.> And so I did and it broke and

>I threw the butter out the window once!

Monarch Butter?? That's the kind you take a taste of and a crown pops onto
your head and wings appear on your back, just like on TV!!!

>>Mom's face got all red but after about nine years and lots of therapy
>>she forgave me and my cousin went to Orange County

>And his face got all orange?

No one knows...

>>and bought a cheap gray suit and

>I think that would clash. Not up on his fashion sense, your cousin, eh?

These are the people who study used-car ads for fashion tips. Whadaya'
expect?

>>he's a Fundamentalist Republican now and no one in the family
>>talks about him without breaking a piece of china to

>-- see if it would fly??

Actually, to make china fly you just dunk it in butter. Then when you throw
it, the pieces stick to the wall. Martha Stewart stole that idea from me!!!

>>keep away the evil spirits.
>> Okkay, 'bye.

>Bye! Don't forget to write!!

I didn't forget. I was just hiding and spending all my tax refund money.

>>>Brain: "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
>>>Pinky: "I think so Brain, but I wanted to play Darth Vader."
>>Brain: "Pinky, I'm sure Steven would have let you keep the role
>>if you hadn't plugged up the breathing vents in the mask with cracker
>>crumbs and Feta! We were already over budget! And do you know
>>how hard this costume is to keep clean?!"
>> Pinky: "Poit! Sorry, Brain!"
> "...but this wouldn't've happened if only we'd had some sort of
> mini-fridge to keep the cheese in!"

Brain: "Chill, Pinky!" <Hits him in the head with an ice-pack.>
Pinky: "Wha-ha-ha-ha!! Ohhh, Brain!"

>>Alsis "If A Phone Flies Through The Forest And Candace Bergen
>>Isn't There To Hear It, Will You Be Charged Weekend Rates?" 3...@aol.com

>Ow.

Some help *you* turned out to be, Philosophy-boy!!

> - David "YSM" Green

>Brain: "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"

>Pinky: "I think so Brain, but doesn't ILM do all their work on an Apple ][?"

Sorry. I'm on AOL. I don't know how to use a computer. I used to, but I
got over it.

Alsis "TGIC" 3...@aol.com

"...[T]hey would never sell out. They were not bums, either. They worked
all the time at something to do with Art. 'Sacred Art,' he said, 'our glasses
are empty again.' " --Katherine Anne Porter *That Tree*