two parter/ video release

Trtoonswba

Jul 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/31/97

I hope this info will clear up a few questions I've heard.
There's a two part Animaniacs entitled "Hooray for Norht Hollywood"
Parts One and Two. The represent two of the half-hours we're producing
for the WB this coming season. They are not being produced for home
video, but I think they might be released for home video after their
initial WB run.
The Animanaics direct to video "long form" is set to be around 70
minutes long, and is still being written. It's untitled at this point --
we have a few joke titles for it, but nothing solid yet. The first third
of it went to sotryboard this week. It's due for home video release for
the holidays in 1998.
Finally,. on the long form front, Pinky and the Brain have a
three-episdoe story entitled "Brainwashed" that represent episdoes 62,63
and 64 of the current package being produced.
Thanks for caring! Aloha.
TR

Jack Weinman

Jul 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/31/97

Tom Ruegger wrote:

> I hope this info will clear up a few questions I've heard.
> There's a two part Animaniacs entitled "Hooray for Norht Hollywood"
> Parts One and Two. The represent two of the half-hours we're producing
> for the WB this coming season. They are not being produced for home
> video, but I think they might be released for home video after their
> initial WB run.

Now, the real question, from someone who ain't never been to no
California before (I said "ain't never," which should be the cue for
someone to quote a line...anybody...), is:
What's "North Hollywood?" I mean, I never thought there was any such
thing as North/South/East/West in Hollywood; I thought everybody just
kinda floated around on clouds of silver smog.

> The Animanaics direct to video "long form" is set to be around 70
> minutes long, and is still being written. It's untitled at this point --
> we have a few joke titles for it, but nothing solid yet. The first third
> of it went to sotryboard this week. It's due for home video release for
> the holidays in 1998.
> Finally,. on the long form front, Pinky and the Brain have a
> three-episdoe story entitled "Brainwashed" that represent episdoes 62,63
> and 64 of the current package being produced.

Good idea to have it toward the end of the run, since that way we'll
get to see all the new episodes without going through "Part 1 of the
Last Son of Krypton oh no that means three weeks of reruns" syndrome.

> Thanks for caring!

Thanks for making shows that are worth caring about!

> Aloha.

Aloha oy!
Oy vey.

Jaime J. Weinman

loupg...@hotmail.com

Jul 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/31/97

In article <33E104...@netcom.ca>,

Jack Weinman <WEIN...@netcom.ca> wrote:

> Tom Ruegger wrote:
>
> > I hope this info will clear up a few questions I've heard.
> > There's a two part Animaniacs entitled "Hooray for Norht Hollywood"
> > Parts One and Two. The represent two of the half-hours we're producing
> > for the WB this coming season. They are not being produced for home
> > video, but I think they might be released for home video after their
> > initial WB run.
>
> Now, the real question, from someone who ain't never been to no
> California before (I said "ain't never," which should be the cue for
> someone to quote a line...anybody...)

What, never? (Yeah, I know, it's probably not the
quote you were looking for...)

>, is:
> What's "North Hollywood?" I mean, I never thought there was any such
> thing as North/South/East/West in Hollywood; I thought everybody just
> kinda floated around on clouds of silver smog.

North Hollywood is a smallish city that is, well,
north of Hollywood. There are a few small
animaiton studios there, but not much else. And I
wish that the smog was silver. That bit about smog
in "The Sound Of Warners" was dead on, especially
the parts with the brown on the bottom of the sky
and the blue on top.

> > The Animanaics direct to video "long form" is set to be around 70
> > minutes long, and is still being written. It's untitled at this point --
> > we have a few joke titles for it, but nothing solid yet. The first third
> > of it went to sotryboard this week. It's due for home video release for
> > the holidays in 1998.

But I'm still confused... Is the two-parter episode
part of the direct-to-video or not? The term
"long form" is awfully ambiguous. Well, I guess
we'll find out in 15 or 16 months. Sigh...

Jessica Wolfman
loupg...@hotmail.com

Jaime J. Weinman

Jul 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/31/97

Tom Ruegger wrote:
> > > The Animanaics direct to video "long form" is set to be around 70
> > > minutes long, and is still being written. It's untitled at this point --
> > > we have a few joke titles for it, but nothing solid yet. The first third
> > > of it went to sotryboard this week. It's due for home video release for
> > > the holidays in 1998.

Jessica Wolfman responded:

> But I'm still confused... Is the two-parter episode
> part of the direct-to-video or not?

Not. "Hooray For North Hollywood" is a two-parter that *might*
eventually be released on video. The "long form" video movie is a
separate entity. Get it? Got it. Good.

Jaime J. Weinman

wa...@ucla.edu

Jul 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/31/97

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997 21:15:11 -0600, loupg...@hotmail.com narfed ...

>In article <33E104...@netcom.ca>,
> Jack Weinman <WEIN...@netcom.ca> wrote:
>> Tom Ruegger wrote:
>> > I hope this info will clear up a few questions I've heard.
>> > There's a two part Animaniacs entitled "Hooray for Norht
Hollywood"
>> > Parts One and Two. The represent two of the half-hours we're
>> > producing for the WB this coming season. They are not being produced
>> > for home video, but I think they might be released for home video
>> > after their initial WB run.
>> Now, the real question, from someone who ain't never been to no
>> California before (I said "ain't never," which should be the cue for
>> someone to quote a line...anybody...)

"That's a double negative. F!"

And yes, that does mean Freakazoid <g>

>What, never? (Yeah, I know, it's probably not the
>quote you were looking for...)

Wrong short.

>>, is:
>> What's "North Hollywood?" I mean, I never thought there was any
>> such thing as North/South/East/West in Hollywood; I thought everybody
>> just kinda floated around on clouds of silver smog.
>North Hollywood is a smallish city that is, well,
>north of Hollywood. There are a few small
>animaiton studios there, but not much else.

To add one more bit ... it's near Burbank. Well, so is Hollywood, but
Hollywood is in the "city", while North Hollywood is in the "valley".
Seems to me like WB has a thing for staying up in the San Fernando
valley. Like fer sure.

> And I wish that the smog was silver. That bit about smog
>in "The Sound Of Warners" was dead on, especially
>the parts with the brown on the bottom of the sky
>and the blue on top.

I'd like to think of it as just solid brown. As one guy I met once on
the bus says ... "it's only natural to see the air you breathe."
deeeesgusting!

And as added confirmation ... yes, it really really is that bad.

>> > The Animanaics direct to video "long form" is set to be around
>> > 70 minutes long, and is still being written. It's untitled at this
>> > point -- we have a few joke titles for it, but nothing solid yet.
>> > The first third of it went to sotryboard this week. It's due for
>> > home video release for the holidays in 1998.

>But I'm still confused... Is the two-parter episode

>part of the direct-to-video or not? The term
>"long form" is awfully ambiguous. Well, I guess
>we'll find out in 15 or 16 months. Sigh...

From my understanding from the original post, the 2 parter "Hooray For
North Hollywood" is not a D-2-V; the other mention is the Christmas
special we've been hearing rumors about. That supposingly D-2-V.

-- NC

Swan

Aug 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/1/97

Jack Weinman wrote:

> What's "North Hollywood?" I mean, I never thought there was any such
> thing as North/South/East/West in Hollywood; I thought everybody just
> kinda floated around on clouds of silver smog.

I'll field this one. Interestingly, enough, there IS no City of
Hollywood. Hollywood,(the place most people think of) is actually a
district in Los Angeles. it is located at the Southern end of the
Cahuenga Pass, which divides Losangeles from the San Fernando Valley.
It is incorporated into Los Angeles. It was named after a real estate
developer and his wife visited the area. The fellow's wife took a liking
to the place and called it "Hollywoodland" after an estate in Florida.

The area was parceled up and sold as a retirement paradise.. As the San
Fernando Valley, on the OTHER side of Cahuenga Pass developed, the area
immediately North of the Pass was named North Hollywood, to capitalize
on Hollywood's fame. It IS an incorporated city with a city hall and
sheriff's department. West Hollywood is the area West of Hollywood
bounded (I think) by the Santa Monica Mountains. It is the most recent
city and only gained independence from Los Angeles about ten years ago.

The reason H'wood became so famous for entertainment and movies is that
originally, the land was CHEAP! I was salvaging paneling in an old
H'wood bungalow one time and from behind a mirror set into the wall fell
a bunch of newspapers from 1916 or so. One of the adverts was for
"Choice lots & parcels, Highland Ave $75.00/acre." The cheapness of the
land and the balmy climate made an ideal combination for such film
makers as D.W. Griffith and the Warners.

So there you have it. There's a North and a West Hollywood, but no city
of Hollywood. Like so many things that emanate from the studios, I like
to say that Hollywood is really only a special effect!

And if anyone is ever near the Highland and Franklin Place area, wave at
the La Habra Apts. We lived on the third floor end closest to the
intersection. You can see the windows. Norma Talmadge lived in the
second floor beneath. Before our time, though. I miss the place.

Swan!

Eric L. Forman

Aug 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/2/97

Swan <lab...@pacbull.net> wrote:

>The area was parceled up and sold as a retirement paradise.. As the San
>Fernando Valley, on the OTHER side of Cahuenga Pass developed, the area
>immediately North of the Pass was named North Hollywood, to capitalize
>on Hollywood's fame. It IS an incorporated city with a city hall and
>sheriff's department. West Hollywood is the area West of Hollywood
>bounded (I think) by the Santa Monica Mountains. It is the most recent
>city and only gained independence from Los Angeles about ten years ago.

Interesting stuff. I actually learned something. But my nitpick gene
won't let me rest until I correct you and tell you that North
Hollywood is not an incorporated city. It's just another district of
Los Angeles. The only incorporated cities in the San Fernando Valley
are Burbank and San Fernando.

North Hollywood is famous for absolutely nothing.

The City of West Hollywood is famous for being very gay-friendly, kind
of a South San Francisco without the hills and the bay. I doubt there
are many southern baptists living there.

elf

timbe...@lynx.bc.ca

Aug 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/3/97

In article <33e2c...@news.wgn.net>,

elfo...@wgn.net (Eric L. Forman) wrote:

> North Hollywood is famous for absolutely nothing.

Ehhh...they're famous for 25 set handsets that work
perfectly until you need them; 524 set parts whose
packaging stands up far longer than the items themselves;
and $1500.00 USN toilet-seats.

chance (who thinks there might be a t-shirt in "I perched
atop a $1500 toilet seat in the USN!")

mhi...@primenet.com

Aug 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/10/97

elfo...@wgn.net (Eric L. Forman) wrote:

> >The area was parceled up and sold as a retirement paradise.. As
the San
> >Fernando Valley, on the OTHER side of Cahuenga Pass developed, the
area
> >immediately North of the Pass was named North Hollywood, to
capitalize
> >on Hollywood's fame. It IS an incorporated city with a city hall
and
> >sheriff's department. West Hollywood is the area West of
Hollywood
> >bounded (I think) by the Santa Monica Mountains. It is the most
recent
> >city and only gained independence from Los Angeles about ten years
ago.

> Interesting stuff. I actually learned something. But my nitpick gene
> won't let me rest until I correct you and tell you that North
> Hollywood is not an incorporated city. It's just another district of
> Los Angeles. The only incorporated cities in the San Fernando Valley
> are Burbank and San Fernando.

You're correct in that North Hollywood is presently part of the City
of Los
Angeles, HOWEVER, the previous poster is correct in the historical
context that
North Hollywood was once its own city, mostly under the name of
Lankershim,
until it was changed to take advantage of its proximity to the movie
capital.
Incidentally, North Hollywood was the last city in the San Fernando
Valley to
agree to annexation to Los Angeles in the 1920s. Most had joined up
around
1915. Maybe they knew something. :>

> North Hollywood is famous for absolutely nothing.

Au contraire. North Hollywood is famous for many things such as the
NoHo Arts
District, the larget publicly funded arts district in the United
States, and its
yearly arts & theatre festival. It also has one of the best high
schools in LA
Unified, North Hollywood High, and is home to the Academy of
Television Arts &
sciences (the Emmys).

You can learn more about North Hollywood on our website, by going to
the
following URL: http://www.primenet.com/~mhigby/noho.htm.