Google Groups no longer supports new Usenet posts or subscriptions. Historical content remains viewable.
Dismiss

Animaniacs Albumn!

1 view
Skip to first unread message

Neil Burrows

unread,
Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96
to

Hi,

I just read something which mentioned an Amimaniacs Album!

Is this true?
What's the proper Title?
Where can I get it?
What songs does it have on it?

Quick, gimme gimme gimme.

Thanks,
See ya,

Neil Burrows
/~\ /~\ /~~~~\ E-Mail - ne...@remo.demon.co.uk
| \| | | () / - nbur...@cs.strath.ac.uk
| |\ | | () \
\_/ \_/ \____/ Internet - www.remo.demon.co.uk/

Rich Garceau

unread,
Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96
to

Daniel Alain Nazar <dan...@jove.acs.unt.edu> wrote:

> There are *3* (count em 3) A! Albums out there...
> Animaniacs, Yakko's World, and Variety Pack (in order of release)
> They should be in the kids's section of any decent music store (Wal Fart
> is NOT a decent music store)

I've also seen one at a couple of the online music stores called "The
FABOO! Collection." It appears to be a double-disc set - the cheapest
I've seen it is $29.95. Anyone have any info on that? Thanks.

Rich Garceau
Sik...@ix.netcom.com

Daniel Alain Nazar

unread,
Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96
to

Neil Burrows (ne...@remo.demon.co.uk) wrote:
> Hi,

> I just read something which mentioned an Amimaniacs Album!

> Is this true?
> What's the proper Title?
> Where can I get it?
> What songs does it have on it?

> Quick, gimme gimme gimme.

There are *3* (count em 3) A! Albums out there...


Animaniacs, Yakko's World, and Variety Pack (in order of release)
They should be in the kids's section of any decent music store (Wal Fart
is NOT a decent music store)

dan the animaniacs fan (http://www.unt.edu/~daniel/reciprocity)
"I think so Brain, but where are we gonna find rubber panties our size?"
A!JW22 YWD+ YK+++r WK++ DT++ P&B+ PI++/+++^ BR+/-^ S&S+ SL->+ SK++i R&R0
RI++ RU--- GDF-- GP--- GLF--- B&M-- BU+ MI---- HIP---- WBS~ SN~ HN+ RL~
PL~ KP+ NVC-- CB---- MS-- ME0 KF-- KK- MD++ MM---^/++++! P++ I++++ Dfw
$++ TSlappy E3b H1 PonYesIAm! XBHurts A15M
The preceding article is copyright 1996 Daniel Nazar. Chew me, WB Legal.

What, you're still reading? The post's over. Go away.

John F. Lee

unread,
Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96
to

In article <1996091020...@eve-wa7-02.ix.netcom.com>,

Rich Garceau <sik...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> I've also seen one at a couple of the online music stores called "The
>FABOO! Collection." It appears to be a double-disc set - the cheapest
>I've seen it is $29.95. Anyone have any info on that? Thanks.

It's "Animaniacs" and "Variety Pack" stuffed in a box together. (Wait,
that didn't sound right.) 75 whole minutes of Warners in one convenient
package! (Oops again. I guess "package" isn't the right word.)

--
John F. Lee - To err is human, to moo bovine.
Your honor, it has been established that Mr. Frood had prior knowledge of the
whereabouts of his wool/polyester dryness applicator.

Jaime Chan

unread,
Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96
to

In <1996091020...@eve-wa7-02.ix.netcom.com>
sik...@ix.netcom.com (Rich Garceau) writes:
>
>Daniel Alain Nazar <dan...@jove.acs.unt.edu> wrote:
>
> I've also seen one at a couple of the online music stores called
"The
>FABOO! Collection." It appears to be a double-disc set - the cheapest
>I've seen it is $29.95. Anyone have any info on that? Thanks.
>
>
That one is a double-cd set of Animaniacs and the Yakko's World CD.
Jaime CHAN

Jaime Chan

unread,
Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96
to

In <516g31$t...@tor-nn1-hb0.netcom.ca> ca...@netcom.ca(Jaime Chan)
writes:

Whoops! My mistake! It's the Animaniacs and the Variety Pack
album. Sorry.
Chan

Neil Burrows

unread,
Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96
to

Hi,

>There are *3* (count em 3) A! Albums out there...
>Animaniacs, Yakko's World, and Variety Pack (in order of release)

Hmm ... I'll need to have a look for them!

>They should be in the kids's section of any decent music store (Wal Fart
>is NOT a decent music store)

I didn't see any sign of them in the Warners Bros. Store in Glasgow! I
would have thought that they may have had them. I'll ask next time I'm
in! :)

Pinky's Friend

unread,
Sep 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/12/96
to

On Sep 11, 1996 21:26:52 in article <Re: Animaniacs Albumn!>, 'Neil Burrows

<ne...@remo.demon.co.uk>' wrote:


>I didn't see any sign of them in the Warners Bros. Store in Glasgow! I
would
>have thought that they may have had them. I'll ask next time I'm in! :)


None of the Warner Bros. Stores carry them. Try the Tower Records in
London (they may do mail order).


Earl

Neil Burrows

unread,
Sep 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/13/96
to

Hi,

>None of the Warner Bros. Stores carry them.

???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!

I'm sure there's some logic in this. I'm just too blind to see it! :)

> Try the Tower Records in London (they may do mail order).

Hmmm ...... I'm sure there's a Tower Records here somewhere ... Just
can't remember where they put it .... possibly Union Street!

I'll have a look, thanks.

Ron Keeper O'Dell

unread,
Sep 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/15/96
to

Neil Burrows <ne...@remo.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>None of the Warner Bros. Stores carry them.

>???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!

>I'm sure there's some logic in this. I'm just too blind to see it! :)

There is. The albums aren't released by Warner Bros.; they're
released by Kid Rhino, a division of Rhino Records.

--
Ron O'Dell `Keeper' kee...@cats.ucsc.edu kee...@armory.com kee...@cruzio.com
http://members.cruzio.com/~keeper/toons.html - Contemporary WB cartoons info
http://www.armory.com/~keeper/midi.html - My own MIDI music and arrangements
A!JW22 -- YKi P++++ I+++ Dpppppwiaaaamdddddddd IV! V! VIII! X! Tow3 $+++dm1
(variant) Vr4++++j3++t2++m+++PaulRugg+TomRuegger++<n>+<Luke>+<Cody>+ H3 Ay70


Pinky's Friend

unread,
Sep 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/15/96
to

On Sep 15, 1996 05:47:11 in article <Re: Animaniacs Albumn!>,

'kee...@cats.ucsc.edu (Ron "Keeper" O'Dell)' wrote:


>>>None of the Warner Bros. Stores carry them.
>
>>???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!
>
>>I'm sure there's some logic in this. I'm just too blind to see it! :)
>
>There is. The albums aren't released by Warner Bros.; they're released by
Kid
>Rhino, a division of Rhino Records.


However, the more curious thing than that is -- Rhino Records are
distributed by WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic Records). Robin Frederick,
Executive Producer at Kid Rhino told me that the stores won't carry any
merchandise that isn't exclusive to them. But they do carry the same video
tapes as everyone else and the last time I was in a WBSS they had that Kid
Rhino Bugs Bunny-Beatles album, but still no Animaniacs. They did have a
nice display of Pinky and the Brain merchandise, though -- including
several new items.

Ron Keeper O'Dell

unread,
Sep 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/16/96
to

earl...@usa.pipeline.com(Pinky's Friend) wrote:

>However, the more curious thing than that is -- Rhino Records are
>distributed by WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic Records). Robin Frederick,
>Executive Producer at Kid Rhino told me that the stores won't carry any
>merchandise that isn't exclusive to them. But they do carry the same video
>tapes as everyone else and the last time I was in a WBSS they had that Kid
>Rhino Bugs Bunny-Beatles album, but still no Animaniacs. They did have a
>nice display of Pinky and the Brain merchandise, though -- including
>several new items.

Newer than the Brain for President stuff?

As for the CDs... hmm, yes, it is odd, you know, because the stores
play the Animaniacs CDs during the voice tours... but they don't sell
them. I never noticed that before.

Speaking of voice tours, I watched (yep, yet more material I recently
obtained on tape) a.t.a-shot home video from voice tours, and the
difference in security between all the others and the one in Sacramento
(before which Rob Paulsen and some a.t.a people (including me probably
but I just erased the mailbombs unread)) received a death threat from
"Evil D" was staggering. The whole atmosphere is tenser. Rob and Jess
almost never went into character, comparitive to the other voice tour
appearances. It's just too bad that the security guys didn't know some
of us were the ones threatened, rather than the threateners (that the
one guy flashed his gun at me for hanging around too long taking pictures
for a.t.a people going up to the table was proof of that). Ah well! It
didn't stop us from being nuts outside the store or while in line. Well,
I was too energy-filled to be in line, and had nothing to get signed
that time anyway, so I just bounced around amusing people with a couple
a.t.aers' crossdressed Wakko plushies. Faboo!

Wayne (JediKnight) Yuen

unread,
Sep 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/16/96
to

Ron "Keeper" O'Dell (kee...@cats.ucsc.edu) wrote:
: Speaking of voice tours, I watched (yep, yet more material I recently

: obtained on tape) a.t.a-shot home video from voice tours, and the
: difference in security between all the others and the one in Sacramento
: (before which Rob Paulsen and some a.t.a people (including me probably
: but I just erased the mailbombs unread)) received a death threat from
: "Evil D" was staggering. The whole atmosphere is tenser. Rob and Jess
: almost never went into character, comparitive to the other voice tour

You know I visited that WBSS, and I couldn't for the life of me figure
out why they held the voice tour there. The entire place is very open,
and hard to secure... I would have had it at the Arden Fair WBSS, which
is only about 15 minutes away from the one in the downtown plaza.
Maybe I'm just missing something.

__
Sweet Dreams,
Wayne

Look, I really don't want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if
you're alive, you got to flap your arms and legs, you got to jump arount
a lot, you got to make a lot of noise, because life is the very opposite
of death. And therefore, as I see it, if you're quiet, you're not
living. You've got to be noisy, or at least your thoughts should be
noisy and colorful and lively.
-Mel Brooks


Pinky's Friend

unread,
Sep 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/18/96
to

On Sep 16, 1996 03:58:04 in article <Re: Animaniacs Albumn!>,

'kee...@cats.ucsc.edu (Ron "Keeper" O'Dell)' wrote:


>Newer than the Brain for President stuff?

There were new salt and pepper shakers and a sleep shirt that I had never
seen before.

jeff

unread,
Sep 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/18/96
to
They also have a new P&tB keychain (which rules! - no pun intended) &
kids' sized P&tB t-shirts (XXS!) AND a very nice P&tB tie! BTW, THE
BOX that the S&P shakers come in is better than the shakers themselves
IMO.

jeff

unread,
Sep 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/19/96
to

jeff wrote:

>
> Pinky's Friend wrote:
> >
> > There were new salt and pepper shakers and a sleep shirt that I had never
> > seen before.
>
> Then I wrote:
>
> They also have a new P&tB keychain (which rules! - no pun intended) &
> kids' sized P&tB t-shirts (XXS!) AND a very nice P&tB tie! BTW, THE
> BOX that the S&P shakers come in is better than the shakers themselves
> IMO.

I forgot to say that the kids' sizes match the adult sleep shirts!
What a happy family you can be!

Alan Rothenberg

unread,
Sep 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/19/96
to

In alt.tv.animaniacs, jeff wrote:
>jeff wrote:
>> Pinky's Friend wrote:
>> kids' sized P&tB t-shirts (XXS!) AND a very nice P&tB tie! BTW, THE
[snip-ostomy performed]

Has anyone seen the P&tB tie anywhere besides the WBSS? Is it
exclusive to the WBSS? They want $28 for it, which is more
than I'm willing to pay for a tie. I've seen Loony Tunes ties
for less at Macy's, etc.

Did they ever put out ties with other A! characters?

- A. Rothenberg, sad that he caught on to A! only within the last
year, so all the good merchandise is gone...


Jaime Chan

unread,
Sep 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/23/96
to

In <32416D...@ONIX.com> jeff <pnch...@ONIX.com> writes:
>
>jeff wrote:
>>
>>
>> They also have a new P&tB keychain (which rules


Is the keychain a steel one? I don't like vinyl ones.
Jaime Chan
P.S. I have a Wakko keychain. Kewl!

jeff

unread,
Sep 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/23/96
to Jaime Chan

Jaime Chan wrote:
>
> Is the keychain a steel one? I don't like vinyl ones.
> Jaime Chan
> P.S. I have a Wakko keychain. Kewl!

No, it's vinyl. But give it a chance. It's really well-done.

Justin Ray Mcelhanon

unread,
Sep 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/23/96
to

Jaime Chan (ca...@netcom.ca) wrote:

: In <32416D...@ONIX.com> jeff <pnch...@ONIX.com> writes:
: >
: >jeff wrote:
: >>
: >>
: >> They also have a new P&tB keychain (which rules
:
:
: Is the keychain a steel one? I don't like vinyl ones.

: Jaime Chan
: P.S. I have a Wakko keychain. Kewl!
Speaking of keychains, yesterday a tragity occured, I reached into my
pocket to get my keys and to my horror discovered that Yakko's head had broken
off. I fear for Dot's life to, if they can get to Yakko... Has anyone else
had this happen to them? Oh well I guess I'll have to go pick up another one,
and this Pinky and the Brain one.
--
****************************************** A! JW2 WAR+++ PI++ BR+++ SL+++ SK+
Yakko: "Well it's been fun friend, R&R++ GDF++ GP+++++ B&M++ HIP- SN+
but we've got to get back to HN+++! MS+ ME+ CB~ MM++! KK-- CO++
planet reality now" (Baloney and Friends) GLF-- P++ $++ E26 Ee10 TSlappy A19
Justin McElhanon---...@tamu.edu
******************************************

Ratgirl

unread,
Sep 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/24/96
to Justin Ray Mcelhanon

are you talking about the figural ones? i have wakko and yakko (dot one
wasn't that great.) The tail on my Yakko broke off. The coil A! one the
coil broke off. The new PaTB one is coil. Brain looks really stupid, all
puckered up. I can't wait for the new snowglobe and etc. (Bookends,
>muck<!!) The new S&P set isn't that great either. I love the Brain for
Pres. magnetic sticker though-warning, don't put it on your car's bumper,
it says it won't mar it up but it doesn't say anthing about it getting all
funky and yucky when it gets wet. Besides, somebody stole mine one night
when I parked in front of my house. Now I have in >inside<.
Getting smarter.


jeff

unread,
Sep 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/24/96
to

Ratgirl wrote:
>
> puckered up. I can't wait for the new snowglobe and etc.

What new snowglobe?!

Rex Wheeler

unread,
Sep 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/25/96
to

arot...@netaxs.com (Alan Rothenberg) wrote:

>
>Did they ever put out ties with other A! characters?
>

Yes, but I have not seen them in WBSS for a long time.

FT/Rex
---
Rex Wheeler (re...@udp.com)
"Ooooh, I thought they were supposed to land on their feet."

jeff

unread,
Sep 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/25/96
to

Newest WBSS Pinky and the Brain Merchandise:

1. 'New' T-shirt! (It's the magnet/globe shot.)
2. Backpacks!
3. Coffee mugs! (I wanna be the first to let you know: so far - mine
hasn't spilled.)

Ratgirl

unread,
Sep 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/26/96
to pnch...@onix.com

sorry for the double posting, my netscape was being difficult and not
sending so i sent the other one from pine, but now i found out that both
have been sent out. sorry:(

and dammit, it's Ratgirl not Dziga anymore.


Dziga

unread,
Sep 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/26/96
to pnch...@onix.com

I, personally think that the new t-shirt (magnet) looks horrible.
Anybody else? I got the plate for Christmas, it rules! I still like
the Pi(e) shirt. (Yes, I'm really picky!) Don't know if you guys know
or not but there was/might still be available, an OPC (original
production cels) of A!, and PatB-and they were mighty darn cheap. I
think they were $150 or $200, I forget. If anyone is interested I can
find out more and let you know maybe this weekend.
The coffee mug you're talking about, is it the Brain for Prez one? (I
only work on weekends.) I still have the A! (partial) lineup mug from
way back.

Dziga

unread,
Sep 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/26/96
to pnch...@onix.com

Ratgirl

unread,
Sep 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/26/96
to jeff

The magnet Tees aren't that great, IMHO. Anybody else think so? The
colors are all weird. Yes, I am really picky. I have the plate though,
it rules! And, I still like the Pi(e) ones much better anyways. But I
never did get it because I'm afraid the colors'll fade. I have the PatB
nightshirt (the one with with Pinky trying to read) and it faded after
one washing. The backpack is really awesome. The mug that you mentioned,
is it the Brain for Prez mug? I don't have that yet. I still have my old
A!(partial) lineup mug.
Oh, btw, I was at Walmart the other day and they had a Yakko face
pillow. It's cool.


Rex Wheeler

unread,
Sep 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/27/96
to

Dziga <ppo...@gl.umbc.edu> wrote:

> Don't know if you guys know
>or not but there was/might still be available, an OPC (original
>production cels) of A!, and PatB-and they were mighty darn cheap. I
>think they were $150 or $200, I forget. If anyone is interested I can
>find out more and let you know maybe this weekend.

There are still a few "discounted" cells available left over from the
"Christmas in July" sale. They are hidden under "Molly" in the "Taz
Mania" section of cell search

Ratgirl

unread,
Sep 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/27/96
to

sorry for the misinformation but there is NO snowglobe, turns out it's a
bank. SOrry for the confusion, people! There are PatB boxers now though,
unfortunately it's see-through-white. also out is a really neat frame,
holds 4 x6 pix.

"Goodnight my little friends, hope you dream of cheese!"
Pavlov's Mice


Lari 35960

unread,
Sep 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/29/96
to

In article <Pine.SGI.3.95.960924...@rpc19.gl.umbc.edu>,
Ratgirl <ppo...@gl.umbc.edu> writes:

>funky and yucky when it gets wet. Besides, somebody stole mine one night
>when I parked in front of my house. Now I have in >inside<.

What'd I say? Mine's in my locker. People love it. I've duct taped a
candy dish in there, too, so now I can get a chocolate fix and ponder the
Brain at the same time. Life is good.

----
Yes, I am the teenage goddess of heavenly bodies and brownies. Want one?
"And that's why you're good at math." "I thought that it was genetic."
"No, it's Cheerios." (a conversation between Lari and Lari's mom)

AllJade

unread,
Sep 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/30/96
to

In article <Pine.SGI.3.95.960926...@rpa11.gl.umbc.edu>,
Ratgirl <ppo...@gl.umbc.edu> writes:

> Oh, btw, I was at Walmart the other day and they had a Yakko face
>pillow. It's cool.
>
>

Yeah...they also had Dot, Wakko, and Yakko! I was surprised to get those
for Christmas. It made my year so much happier then. If cover your face
with the pillow, your head looks like one of the Warners. Look in the
mirror. I'm surprised the pillows are still there. Those things sell out
quick...
No kiddin'

**************************************************************************
******************************
All...@aol.com
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Brain, but where can we find a duck in a hose at this hour?"

**************************************************************************
******************************

Rhia! semi-demi-goddess!

unread,
Sep 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/30/96
to

> mirror. I'm surprised the pillows are still there. Those things sell out
> quick...
> No kiddin'
>


uuuum, just thought i'd mention that upo here in dissilusioned aka warner
deprived Canada, at least Calgary, they never sell out at all...
also we have pinky and the brains also....


and yes, i will mail... however, dot's are a rarity, but if i see them, i
buy them, cause I know i can sell them....


so coo.

rhia>


Ron Keeper O'Dell

unread,
Oct 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/1/96
to

Ratgirl <ppo...@gl.umbc.edu> wrote:

> I have the PatB
>nightshirt (the one with with Pinky trying to read) and it faded after
>one washing.

Wash the printed T-shirts from the WBSS in cold water, and air-dry
(no heated air) -- or even drip dry if you can. It's heat that causes
the fading.

Ron Keeper O'Dell

unread,
Oct 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/1/96
to

all...@aol.com (AllJade) wrote:

> If cover your face
>with the pillow, your head looks like one of the Warners. Look in the
>mirror.

Um... how do you see the mirror through the pillow?

Ron Keeper O'Dell

unread,
Oct 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/1/96
to

re...@udp.com (Rex Wheeler) wrote:

>There are still a few "discounted" cells available left over from the
>"Christmas in July" sale. They are hidden under "Molly" in the "Taz
>Mania" section of cell search

What were all those cels I saw under "Axl" in the Taz-Mania section?
Same thing, or something else?

Rex Wheeler

unread,
Oct 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/2/96
to

kee...@cats.ucsc.edu (Ron "Keeper" O'Dell) wrote:

>re...@udp.com (Rex Wheeler) wrote:
>
>>There are still a few "discounted" cells available left over from the
>>"Christmas in July" sale. They are hidden under "Molly" in the "Taz
>>Mania" section of cell search
>
>What were all those cels I saw under "Axl" in the Taz-Mania section?
>Same thing, or something else?
>

Good question. I will go take a look under Axl (and everyone else)
next time in am at WBSS. (The gallery person just told be about Molly)

Joe Leitsch

unread,
Oct 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/3/96
to

Rex Wheeler (re...@udp.com) wrote:
: kee...@cats.ucsc.edu (Ron "Keeper" O'Dell) wrote:
: >What were all those cels I saw under "Axl" in the Taz-Mania section?

: >Same thing, or something else?
: >
: Good question. I will go take a look under Axl (and everyone else)
: next time in am at WBSS. (The gallery person just told be about Molly)

The Cels that are under both Bull Gator and Axl are Gallery Show OPCs. Let me
explain a little: A WBSS gallery is going to have a Collector
Reception/Show. A Few Weeks before the show, Corporate will send that store a
list of Animation Art they will receive to display at the Show ONLY, along with
this list, the store is assigned Bull or Axl. Now the Store knows generally
what OPC it will be getting along with everything else. This allows the Store
to better target it's Show to the right Collector. I say generally because
sometimes there are a couple of stores that share a catagory, and the images
that the store acctually receive are similar to the ones on CelSearch, but not
exactly. The OPCs are available to the Shows ONLY, no other store can order
these cels from Corporate.

This should be the answer you'll receive if you ask your Gallery Person.
******************************************************************************
Joe Leitsch INTERNET: jale...@homer.louisville.edu
WWW: http://www.venus.net/~doctor

Doctor: "Logic, my dear Zoe, simply allows one to be wrong with authority."
- Doctor Who

0 new messages