[FEL] EOC's Update on Future PatB, Mark VI

EOCostello

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

What's coming up on Pinky and the Brain

Mark VI, dated February 4, 1998

Being a collection of all the research and pestering of *very* patient Reliable
Sources I've done regarding what's coming up in the future with our fave
rodents.

I've redone this to reflect the episodes coming up first

1. You'll Never Eat Food Pellets in This Town Again
(Show #50, due to be shown February 7, 1998)

The mice are Hollywood actors with a stormy professional life. They live next
door to Dick Clark, they have trouble with their studio, slimy agents, etc.
Title spoofs a notorious book of a few years ago that revealed the seamy side
of Hollywood filmmaking from the POV of an ex-film producer.

Adapted from a Peter Hastings story that was prepared as a pilot for the
proposed Pinky and the Brain prime-time series.

2. Inherit the Wheeze
(Show #54, due to be shown February 14, 1998 - show 1)

Brain has been subjected to cigarette experiments, gets hooked, and ruins
several good plans, based on his craving for a smoke. So what does he do?
Uses the tobacco companies in a plan to take over the world! Henry Waxman,
call your office.

3. Brainy the Pooh
(Show #51, due to be shown February 14, 1998 - show 2)

A spoof of the first Disney Winnie the Pooh film. John Rhys Davies (ex Sallah
from the Indiana Jones films and the Egyptologist from Freakazoid's "Tomb of
Invisibo) plays a Sebastian Cabot-like narrator, with Jeff Bennett playing a
spoof of Tigger called Jagguar, who is also a spoof of a certain Rolling Stone
frontman we could name. Patric Verrone (ex "The Critic") wrote the script.
Allegedly, Bennett is brilliant in this.

4. Melancholy Brain
(Show #51, due to be shown February 14, 1998 - show 2)

A sendup of Hamlet (different from the comic book version of some months
back). Cary Elwes and Olivia Hussey (who, reliable sources say, looks
"breathtaking" still at age 44) did voices. Bressack script.

The following have had no air dates announced, as of yet....

5. The Family That Narfs Together, Poits Together

Charlie Howell wrote the script that introduces us to Pinky's Mum and Dad, and
possibly his sister, as well, both (all three?) of whom are voiced by Eric Idle
(ex "Monty Python's Flying Circus"). Alas, Idle did not record opposite
LaMarche and Paulsen, which would have been worth the price of admission! But
for me, this is a highly anticipated episode.

6. The Pinky P.O.V.

An entire episode seen, literally, from Pinky's point of view. No further
details available

7. What Every Happened to Baby Brain?

Brain poses as a 1930s child star to further his domination plans. Title
spoofs "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?"

8. The Pinky and the Brain Reunion Special (title?)

Details unclear, other than there is a subtle tribute to the old Mary Tyler
Moore Show at one point in the proceedings.

9. Your Friend Global Domination

A one-act spoof of educational films.

10. Brain's Night Off

The incredible happens – there's a night where Brain *doesn't* try to take
over the world.

11. Project B.R.A.I.N.

A leaf here is taken from DC Comics' book; this is supposed to be the "origin"
story for what made the mice the dynamic duo they are today.

12. Brainwashed (title?)

Details unclear – it has been mooted that this may, unusually, be a multi-part
episode.

Columnist for Animato! and Author of "The Warner Bros. Cartoon Companion," a
guide to obscure and interesting items of Classic Warner Bros. animation, which
can be found at http://members.aol.com/EOCostello/index.html (Suggestions and
corrections welcome.)

Jaime J. Weinman

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

EOCostello wrote:

> 12. Brainwashed (title?)
>
> Details unclear – it has been mooted that this may, unusually, be a multi-part
> episode.

It's a three-part episode. Aside from the fact that Snowball will
appear in this story, I don't know much about it.

Some of the episodes EOC mentioned will probably be among those held
over till the fall. I nominate "Brainwashed" and the Reunion Special as
likely candidates to be withheld from our eager eyes until September.

EOCostello

Feb 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/5/98

I've heard it's going to be about five eps that are going to be held over,
so the four (counting Brainwashed as 3) are pretty likely. My gut sez that
"The Pinky POV" and "The Reunion Special" are the two most likely single eps to
get held over. (i.e., I've heard nothin' from Reliable Sources on this.)

Plato

Feb 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/5/98

On February 4, eocos...@aol.com (EOCostello) outside-sourced:

>What's coming up on Pinky and the Brain

>1. You'll Never Eat Food Pellets in This Town Again

> (Show #50, due to be shown February 7, 1998)
>
>The mice are Hollywood actors with a stormy professional life. They live next
>door to Dick Clark, they have trouble with their studio, slimy agents, etc.
>Title spoofs a notorious book of a few years ago that revealed the seamy side
>of Hollywood filmmaking from the POV of an ex-film producer.

When I first read this, I thought it sounded -- scary. Then I read your
note attributing the story to Peter Hastings, and I thought, ah, well,
maybe it won't be so bad after all.... Then I remembered that around
the time Mr. Hastings left, P&^B was being destro--er, vamped up into
a sitcom.

>Adapted from a Peter Hastings story that was prepared as a pilot for the
>proposed Pinky and the Brain prime-time series.

...which is apparently the case. Okkay, I'm scared again.

- David "Wondering whether they dubbed in a laugh-track" Green

jw...@yahoo.com

Feb 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/7/98

In article <19980205023...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,

eocos...@aol.com (EOCostello) wrote:

> I've heard it's going to be about five eps that are going to be held
over,
> so the four (counting Brainwashed as 3) are pretty likely. My gut sez that
> "The Pinky POV" and "The Reunion Special" are the two most likely single eps
> get held over. (i.e., I've heard nothin' from Reliable Sources on this.)

Where DO you find out about so much stuff?
Lemme guest, its a secret, right?

Kane Leung

Feb 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/8/98

On Sat, 07 Feb 1998 18:05:01 -0600, jw...@yahoo.com wrote:

>Where DO you find out about so much stuff?
>Lemme guest, its a secret, right?

Of course! 'cause if it wasn't, Mr. Costello would be out of his job.

(Sorta like if there weren't any acronyms, I'd be out of a job.)

-- Kane ... alas, these jobs don't pay any $, though. :)