Part two of the Angel Final Episode

Cephus

May 22, 2004, 10:42:41 AM5/22/04
Cut scene from the Dragon coming down on Angel and Co.
Back to apartment floor where Wesley lies dead. The door
to the apartment is kicked in and in walks Buffy, Giles, Xander
and Willow. Willow casts a spell and brings Wesley back to life. He tells
them where to find Angel and Co. Buffy, Giles and Xander take off to find
them and Willow stays behind with Wesley.
Cut back to battle in the alley:
Angel has slayed the dragon and the gang are fighting hard, but losing the
battle due to being so outnumbered. In an instant the battle turns as
Buffy, Giles, Xander and 300 slayers in training arrive on the scene and
defeat the enemy army.

Not sure where it goes from here, but I like my ending better than the one I
saw Wednesday night.

nimue

May 22, 2004, 11:57:41 AM5/22/04

Please. You're an ingrate. Sit through the last episode of Xena (which
never happened) and THEN tell me about hating a show's ending episode! At
least there is a ton of hope in Angel's ending, whereas Xena's -- wait.
What am I talking about? Xena's last episode was Soul Possession. Sheesh,
I was really getting upset there for a minute -- wonder why?

--
nimue

"If I had created reality television I would have had a much greater
influence, but then I would have had to KILL MYSELF."
Joss Whedon

stephen voss

May 22, 2004, 12:11:52 PM5/22/04
So basically you want to lather the buffy finale, rinse and then repeat.

stephen voss

May 22, 2004, 12:50:21 PM5/22/04
If youre going to do a part two...do it
as a lead in to a new series not as
a wrap up all star.

Having Faith show up would at least be worth a tv movie.
You can use the tv movie to lead in to a new series

And when Tru Calling is likely cancelled after season two
You can start a

"Slayer" series. Even then Eliza will only be 24 years old.

A slayer series should be lighter in tone than Angel but more mature
than Btvs.

Anne

May 22, 2004, 1:31:57 PM5/22/04
----------
In article <kDJrc.28133$l%4.1...@bignews4.bellsouth.net>, "Cephus"
<jschi...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

So do I, although I imagined the camera panning behind the remaining Fang
Gang members so we could see an army of slayer ammassing, headed by Buffy.
Then moving back to Angel, who now has a smile on his face and says "Let's
go to work." This leaves things on a somewhat ambiguous note, but with
all those slayers to back them up, they at least have a fighting chance.
As for Wesley, I would rather he either wasn't mortally wounded
or we find out Frylliria got ahold of the power-sucking gun and hit the
reverse switch to give herself back just enough power to fold back time so
she could save Wesley. I like my ending and yours a lot better than
the crap we got on Wed night.

Clem Clambake

May 22, 2004, 7:36:43 PM5/22/04
"Cephus" <jschi...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Terrible. Willow bringing Wesley back to life would undercut the drama to
an inexcusable degree.

Unbound I

May 22, 2004, 7:41:30 PM5/22/04
>From: "Clem Clambake" Clem_C...@excite.coma
Absolutely. Also, for a battle to have any true meaning, then death must
have its consequences. If death can be wiped away with ease, then there is
nothing bad that can ever happen to the characters involved and therefore there
is no risk involved in any conflict they encounter. Not only does that
significantly lessen the stakes involved in any potential conflict, it
undercuts the dramatic possibilities significantly.

Unbound I
Check out my book about The X-Files at
http://www.trafford.com/robots/02-0625.html

BTR1701

May 22, 2004, 8:39:12 PM5/22/04
In article <kDJrc.28133$l%4.1...@bignews4.bellsouth.net>, "Cephus"
<jschi...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

I don't.

Whedon's was perfect.

Yours is cheesy, formulaic and most important, it robs Angel of his
heroic status and transfers it to Buffy.

Dan

May 22, 2004, 9:36:46 PM5/22/04
On Sat, 22 May 2004 09:42:41 -0500, "Cephus"
<jschi...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Not sure where it goes from here, but I like my ending better than the one I
>saw Wednesday night.

I thought the ending was pretty lame and written by a couple of lazy
people who no longer cared. I can't imagine them surviving, so there's
no way we could logically ever see them again. Of course, logic is not
part of Whedon's DNA!

Dan

May 22, 2004, 9:38:08 PM5/22/04
On Sat, 22 May 2004 12:50:21 -0400, stephen voss
<vos...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>If youre going to do a part two...do it
>as a lead in to a new series not as
>a wrap up all star.
>

>Having Faith show up would at least be worth a tv movie.
>You can use the tv movie to lead in to a new series

An interesting idea.

Harold Groot

May 23, 2004, 12:27:26 AM5/23/04

Oh, there are a few ways that might lead to survival. Others have
gone on at length about the possible sudden appearance of Willow the
Super-Mage along with Buffy and an army of Slayers. But that really
belongs on another show. This show is about Angel, not Buffy. So
let's take a look at some elements introduced =on Angel= that could
lead to survival. We have several unknown and/or forgotten factors.

1. Angel is jazzed up on the blood he took from Hamilton. In the
office it seemed to become an offsetting factor - the W&H power on
both sides seemed to neutralize itself. That left a strong vampire
against human, and it was quickly over. But in the fight in the alley
you need to factor in "Super-Angel", not Angel.

2. Illyria is an unknown quantity. We know something of what she
USED to be able to do. We DON'T know how powerful she still is. She
had no trouble with Mr. Horns-and-a-tail and his group, and a single
punch blasted right through Vail and whatever magical boosts and
protections he was running on. At least two, maybe 5 members of the
Black Thorns (depending if others in the car were members or flunkies)
were easy meat.

3. The stone from Illria's sarcophagus. Angel used it to keep up
with Illyria when she did her "freeze time" thing. We don't know how
much power it has left, whether it had power on its own or if it
merely swept Angel along with Illyria whenever Illyria used her power.
(I think they intended the latter, but it wasn't proven.) While there
was no evidence that Angel is currently carrying it, we don't know
that he ISN'T. And if he has the stone with him, maybe Illyria still
has enough power to draw on it for a "time-freeze" moment or two.

4. The old Illyria might be brought back. She was drained by a
scientific-looking raygun, and she has Fred's science to draw on. (If
it was actually a mystic raygun, she ought to have enough mystical
knowledge on her own.) So perhaps she retrieved it from the W&H
building and has it stashed nearby. If the fight is going badly, she
arranges to have it hit her again - only in the REVERSE position.
(Hey, don't those things always have a reverse?) If given a full
charge she might be back to the "blow up like an A-Bomb" scene, so
perhaps she takes a half charge to start. By this time Spike is down,
so she goes over to him and has him bite her (sort of like the sub
episode). This puts Super-Spike fighting next to Super-Angel while
draining enough from Illyria that she can get hit by the remainder of
the charge from the raygun without blowing up.

(By the way - if Mutant Enemy was thinking about using any of these
ideas and is now thinking of abandoning the comeback because of
worries that I might cause copyright problems, I'll stipulate now that
I'd happily sign over any rights I might have for a very nominal
consideration - say, being invited onto the set, a nominal walkon
part, something like that... but I digress.)

Who hits her with the charges off the raygun? The obvious candidate
is Connor. Again, he is part of AtS, not BtVS. Even if not boosted
by W&H power (like Angel, from Hamilton's blood) or by Godly power
(Spike, from Illyria's blood), or by being the maximum power that can
exist in a human body WITHOUT it blowing up (Illyria, not at maximum
power but still at least as strong as Hamilton, maybe much stronger),
he can still contribute a significant effort with those other three
around him.

That might be enough to win against the forces we can SEE coming at
them, though of course the IMPLICATION is that there were more behind
the ones we could see. So maybe one of our Super-level heroes manages
to jump onto the dragon, subdue it away from the alley, and come back
to perhaps roast to other baddies or provide an escape (like the
eagles in LOTR).

In the midst of all this, I'm afraid I really don't have a reasonable
way to keep Gunn from buying it. He's already bleeding out and going
into the battle ("Let's make them memorable") will just shorten the
process. But I think one additional casualty in the alley fight is
both fitting and proper.

Do I think that ME is actually going to DO this? No. But it is
something to consider that there are elements in place, already seen
on the show, that could allow them to do something like this if they
wanted to.

PDburnsy

May 23, 2004, 12:42:58 AM5/23/04
>I thought the ending was pretty lame and written by a couple of lazy
>people who no longer cared. I can't imagine them surviving, so there's
>no way we could logically ever see them again. Of course, logic is not
>part of Whedon's DNA!

I don't think they all could survive, but Angel and Spike may have a fighting
to knock down at least a few. Illyria-lite hasn't really been fully explored on
the series but if she can muster enough energy to transform into her former
being and cause that mind warping demon's face to completely crumble in one
blow, I'm sure she can do enough damage, plus Gunn can really serve up some
damage but I'm not sure if he'd survive as Illyria said he was fading fast and
had at least ten minutes to survive.

But back to my point, Angel and Spike could probably wipe out most of the
demons, I'm not sure about the flying dragon thing and that giant monster
thing, but I'm willing to bet a lot of the thing we saw walking through the
alley were just drones who'd be wiped out in minutes. They could have also
wiped out as much as they could, and then take off on foot to hide in the
sewers and etc, and Connor was still in the area, I'm sure he could cause
damage as well.

Hunter

May 23, 2004, 1:49:24 AM5/23/04
"Cephus" <jschi...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:<kDJrc.28133$l%4.1...@bignews4.bellsouth.net>...
> Cut scene from the Dragon coming down on Angel and Co.
> Back to apartment floor where Wesley lies dead. The door
> to the apartment is kicked in and in walks Buffy, Giles, Xander
> and Willow. Willow casts a spell and brings Wesley back to life.
---
Can't. Wesley's death was non mystical. That is why the writers
specifically had the characters say Wes should be killed the "old
fashioned" way and the demon manually, that is without any magic,
stabbed Wesley and twisted the knife in him. In other words Wesley has
as much a chance of ressurection as Tara has, that is none.

> He tells them where to find Angel and Co. Buffy, Giles and Xander take off
> to find them and Willow stays behind with Wesley.
> Cut back to battle in the alley:
> Angel has slayed the dragon and the gang are fighting hard, but losing the
> battle due to being so outnumbered. In an instant the battle turns as
> Buffy, Giles, Xander and 300 slayers in training arrive on the scene and
> defeat the enemy army.
----
This could work, if only because I was one of the first to propose
something like this. :-)

> Not sure where it goes from here, but I like my ending better than the one I
> saw Wednesday night.
---
If they want to have an "Angel" movie then a dues ex machina type of
senerio is practically mandatory.

However, the ending we saw was ment to stand alone if a "Angel" movie
never materializes. The point of it was that they gave their lives in
defending humanity. Their deaths had meaning.

---->Hunter

Hunter

May 23, 2004, 1:51:54 AM5/23/04
"Clem Clambake" <Clem_C...@excite.coma> wrote in message news:<fuRrc.3068$Nt5...@newssvr32.news.prodigy.com>...
----
Don't worry, she can't for the reason I outlined in another reply I
made in this thread, Wesley's death being non mystical and all.

----->Hunter

Ch...@nospam.com

May 23, 2004, 2:21:54 AM5/23/04
<jschi...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Not sure where it goes from here, but I like my ending better than the one I
> saw Wednesday night.

sorry but your ending sucks.

it's basically the end of Buffy all over again.

which worked for Buffy but is lame as an ending for Angel.

Angel was never about the victory. it was about fighting against all
odds. fighting when there's no reward. no redemption, no 'become a real
boy' ending. when you have nothing to gain by fighting, but you know
that you have to.

to have some cutesy little victory where everyone lives happily ever
after is to shoot the bird at the very nature of the show.

Dan Lam

May 23, 2004, 9:23:17 AM5/23/04
My 'Part Two' would be as follows:

1) Cut just before Angel says 'Let's go to work' to a slow motion
run of the gang towards the demons. (LOTR styleee innit!)
lik0r, the intro title screen with Angel walking through an Alley,
except it shows Angel and co chargings towards impossible
forces.

2) Gunn is lagging behind but he r cool mofo and tries his best,
OH TEH DRAMA!!!!11

3) They all kill a few of the front line forces

4) Then the Dragon grabs Angel and swoops him up and throws
him onto the top of the Hyperion

5) Illyria kills alot of the middle big demons but gets a full
whack from the big Demon at the back with the big bat.
She goes flying through a few buildings and is BLOODY.
I will refer to this demon as [DWABB = Demon with Big Bat]
from now on.

6) Spike and Gunn are holding their own against the lil minions,
while dodging the crazy ass swings.

7) Angel recovers and jumps onto DWABB and futilly slashes
it a few times. Said demon tosses him off [no... not like that], into the
crowd of demons.

8) Enter CONNOR AND LORNE with a bunch of guns and
grenades and
schbada knicked from Wolfram and Hart. The guns do some
good. Then a bunch of demons charge at them and they drops all
his modern weaps to reveal... a BIG SCYTH. He chops them
up like Reaper innit! Lorne makes a guilty and bitter re-mark about
killing Lindsey, and thinks that by battling side by side with his
friends will himself feel better. He is quite clearly DRUNK.

9) Angel is laying on top of crowd with a few swords in him.
He is distracted and frightened for Connor, and he is ABOUT TO
GET SPLAT by DWABB.

9) Suddenly Spike jumps up and saves Angel.

10) Said BIG BAT whacks into demons. SCORE!!!

11) Gunn is losing it and collapses on an alley a stair way. He is
ABOUT to get offed by an axe.

12) Illyria is back and twists the demon in half with axe.

13) All front line weak demons are dead.

14) Spike and Angel are trying to kill0r the middle huge
demons but are doing sweet FA damage. Cue some Fatherly
and Son dialogue between Spike, Angel and Connor.

15) Illyria is trying to Pull a Legolas-on-elephant on DWABB
She is failing.

16) Gunn is laying on the stairs and picks a few of the Grenades
CONNOR left. CUE DRAMA music, and he walks up to the
medium sized demons, and tells everyone to fu><0r off.
"IT WAS A GOOD FIGHT, YEAH GUYS? RUN"

17) Angel see's the Dragon make a come back and jumps on
it's back, and decapitates it.

18) Connor is about to get killed. SPIKE JUMPS IN AND SAVES
THE DAY AGAIN. Cue funny dialogue about saving babies.

19) Cue heart wrenching dialogue between Illyria and Gunn.

20) They all leg it except Gunn.

-cue slowmotion=
21) Gunn EXPLODES WITH GRENADES AND LEAVES
THE MIDRANGE DEMONS in pieces.

22) This leaves Illyria, Connor, Lorne, Angel, Spike against DWABB.

23) DWABB IS REVEALED TO HAVE THREE HEADS.
IT IS CLICHÉ AND HEADS ARE WOLF, RAM, AND HART.

OMG a DEMON enfused with the blood of the LEGION, HOLY
SHIT!!1 but retards may be excused for thinking it is the Senior partners,
but who cares, THE SHOW IS ENDING AND IT DOESNT MATTER.

24) Angel tells the remaining members that if they want to escape,
they take the sewers and high tail it out of there. Everyone decides
to stay, and Angel says to Connor (... and co)

"I am glad you're with me here at the end of all things"

He then thumps Connor in the head and he lies unconcious, he tells
Lorne to hightail it out of there with Connor, ya?

25) DWABB opens a massive portal wherein DOUBLE THE AMOUNT
OF FORCES PREVIOUSLY FOUGHT ENTER.

26) Everyone has the look of dispair. Angel looks at decapitated
Dragon, his friends, and Lorne taking Connor down, and smiles.

27) Spike looks ready for some ubervage killage. "Time For Round 2"

28) Illyria is crazy assed, psycho juiced up. Her eyes are all red
and she LOOKS LIKE SHE IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE. SHE
has coolass aura.

29) "Let's get to work!" and the trinity charge. fade to credits.

BUDGET for the EXTRA HOUR of FUTILE FIGHTING:
$5 million

did anyone notice my ending really isn't that different at all!?

Dan Lam

May 23, 2004, 2:38:03 PM5/23/04

"Dan Lam" <d...@anno.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> My 'Part Two' would be as follows:
> *snip*

Of course, Spike, Gunn and Lorne have no idea who the
fu><0r who that strong and skillfull kid Connor is, but still,
it'd be coo' to get an extra hour long drama and battles innit.

Bill Bickel

May 24, 2004, 2:06:02 PM5/24/04

"Harold Groot" <que...@infionline.net> wrote in message

Maybe Harmony, who was concerned Angel might not like her anymore.

Bill Bickel

Harold Groot

May 24, 2004, 10:32:58 PM5/24/04

Once Angel bested Hamilton, Harmony would have been right back on his
side. She always goes with the side she sees as stronger. Of course,
once she sees the army heading their way in the alley, she would
change sides yet again (or at least get the hell out of there).

If we want to look for possible ways to get the really high
super-boost of power to win that battle, how about this: Instead of
Connor hitting Illyria with the REVERSE charge from the raygun, he
uses it on himself. Fred's body was only human to begin with and was
eaten away (body and soul) by Illyria. Thereafter the shell wasn't
strong enough to contain the power of a god. But Connor's body is a
super-body to begin with, and since Illyria's "soul" is already in
Fred's body, it could be reasonably argued that the power dumped into
Connor wouldn't eat his soul or even harm his body - and that his body
is strong enough to contain that extra power without going BOOM. So
we'd have Super-Angel, Super-Connor, Spike, Illyria and Gunn. Maybe
we could still do the "Spike feeds from Illyria" and get Super-Spike
as well. I still think Gunn goes down, but 4 super-beings might
prevail against the army assembled against them.

(To ME - same disclaimer as above regarding story ideas, copyrights,
etc.).

BTW - our local TV critic thought that "Angel" was the runner-up for
"best season finale" behind "Frasier".