Did anyone else liked the fight scene? ** POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Jane

Feb 5, 2004, 10:30:02 AM2/5/04

I loved the fight scene with Lyndsey and Angel, it was definitely pretty
techno, but way cool. I didn't think it was over board and I'd like to see
more fight scenes with the flying around. Guess I've watched way too much
Matrix

Julie Carrigon

Feb 5, 2004, 11:30:35 AM2/5/04
"Jane" <jarsena...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

I really liked it, too. I love Lindsey as a villian. I keep hoping he'll
be a regular on the show. Who knows, maybe at some point. I really liked
this ep. I'm going to miss Cordy.

Carrigon
--
http://carrigon.proboards15.com
ANS-Alpha Nu Sigma--Angel n Spike Sorority Spoilers

Elizabeth Blake

Feb 5, 2004, 1:23:46 PM2/5/04

"Jane" <jarsena...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
I really didn't like it. I can definitely do without the flying, and the
whole thing looked ridiculous (to me).

Liz

himiko

Feb 5, 2004, 1:46:38 PM2/5/04
"Jane" <jarsena...@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<_jtUb.14158$uM2....@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...

I love wire work, but then, I grew up on 1950s kung fu movies...and if
you think they're corny now, you should have seen them then! So yeah,
I do want to see more flying through the air. It seems a normal thing
to expect when both the characters are magical in some way.

I also loved the sexual innuendo between Lindsey and Angel. That was
the most outrageous HoYay ME has yet dared to present...and right
under the WB's prudish little noses. Heeeeeeeeeeeeee. ;)

himiko

Shawn H

Feb 5, 2004, 2:56:34 PM2/5/04
Jane <jarsena...@earthlink.net> wrote:
: S

: P

: O

: I

: L

: E

: R

: S

: P

: A

: C

: E

Loved it, thought it was awesome, didn't find it cheesy in the slightest. Cool
set, too.

Shawn

ai...@rmta.org

Feb 5, 2004, 3:19:11 PM2/5/04
Elizabeth Blake <poodl...@nospam.earthlink.net> wrote:

> "Jane" <jarsena...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>> I loved the fight scene with Lyndsey and Angel, it was definitely pretty
>> techno, but way cool. I didn't think it was over board and I'd like to
>> see more fight scenes with the flying around. Guess I've watched way
>> too much Matrix
> I really didn't like it. I can definitely do without the flying, and the
> whole thing looked ridiculous (to me).

i felt mch the same way, but fight scenes usually don't interest me much
in the first place, so i was poised to ignore it anyway. what i found
actively annoying about it were angel's lame comebacks, which i think
were very poorly written. "i'm angel." yeah, whatever. bored now.

Aimee the Magdalene

* losing your faith is a lot like losing your virginity *
* you don't realize how irritating it was 'til it's gone *
* - AEL *
* and when they say 'take of his body' *
* i think i'll take from mine instead - Tori Amos *
* once i could see...now i am blind - Trent Reznor *

Jane

Feb 5, 2004, 4:07:35 PM2/5/04

"himiko" <him...@animail.net> wrote in message

Oh I missed that or didn't get it, anywhere where I can find the script?

Jane

Hunter

Feb 5, 2004, 4:49:34 PM2/5/04
"Jane" <jarsena...@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<_jtUb.14158$uM2....@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
----
Like I said of the "Orpheus" fight scences between Faith and Angel, it
was more "realistic" than your normal fight scence IMHO. But a lot of
people don't like wirework so....

------>Hunter

Slayah

Feb 5, 2004, 4:23:21 PM2/5/04
Yes, Jane I liked the fight scene!
There's good cheesy and bad cheesy. I thought it was good cheesy and fun.

hunter

Feb 6, 2004, 1:22:27 AM2/6/04
him...@animail.net (himiko) wrote in message news:<c7902983.04020...@posting.google.com>...

Okay, I was into the fight scene, too ... but am I just too dense or
too heterosexual? Repressed? Whichever, could someone help me with
the sexual innuendo stuff? Right over my head...

~tammy~

Feb 6, 2004, 2:17:29 AM2/6/04

"hunter" <sacre...@msn.com> wrote in message

I am right there w/ ya, what sexual stuff? It must have totally went over
my head...
And was good to see angel kicking some ass, and not giving orders in his
office all episode.
Hope there is more of that too come.

A.E. Jabbour

Feb 6, 2004, 2:26:35 AM2/6/04

Well, seeing as I have hated the show for a while, my opinion doesn't
probably count for much.

Anyways ... I hated the fight scene. I KNOW Joss has seen ONCE UPON A
TIME IN THE WEST, as he referenced it in the _Firefly_ commentary. Given
that, I would have liked to see a scene from ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST
instead of a lame example of some MATRIX/CT,HD rip-off.

Anyone here who has seen the Leone masterpiece knows of the great
Bronson/Fonda scene. If they had shot the fight like that, I would have
loved it.

As it was, it just was a bunch of lame Western attempts at wire-fu
which fell flat for me.

--
AE Jabbour

"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what
we do." - Angel, "Epiphany"

Tim McDaniel

Feb 6, 2004, 3:31:12 PM2/6/04
In article <ccHUb.34685$ay1.24877@okepread05>,

~tammy~ <tammy...@cox.net> wrote:

>"hunter" <sacre...@msn.com> wrote in message
>> him...@animail.net (himiko) wrote in message

>> > I also loved the sexual innuendo between Lindsey and Angel. That was
>> > the most outrageous HoYay ME has yet dared to present...and right
>> > under the WB's prudish little noses. Heeeeeeeeeeeeee. ;)
>>
>> Okay, I was into the fight scene, too ... but am I just too dense or
>> too heterosexual? Repressed? Whichever, could someone help me with
>> the sexual innuendo stuff? Right over my head...
>
>I am right there w/ ya, what sexual stuff? It must have totally went
>over my head...

"You expect me to go all weak in the knees when I see you?"
Then ripping open Lindsay's shirt as soon as possible, and ripping it
off entirely after that? I say homoerotic.

Earlier, there was Eve's comment about how Angel was the center of
Lindsay's life, which was pretty much what Darla said (except Darla
was far more direct about it).

--
Tim McDaniel, tm...@panix.com; tm...@us.ibm.com is my work address

himiko

Feb 6, 2004, 5:16:31 PM2/6/04
"~tammy~" <tammy...@cox.net> wrote in message news:<ccHUb.34685$ay1.24877@okepread05>...

OK. In response to popular demand, it began with "It's not the size
that counts," followed by Lindsey's little knife suddenly swelling to
enormous proportions as he gazed upon Angel's much larger sword (which
he got from Cordy; not sure what Freud would make of that). There was
also the final scene when Lindsey stripped as he taunted Angel who
he'd already impaled (non-fatally, of course) with his now enormous
blade.

You need to start noticing the HoYay!, people. On AtS it's often both
outrageous and outrageously funny.

himiko

Clairel

Feb 6, 2004, 5:46:44 PM2/6/04
"Jane" <jarsena...@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<_jtUb.14158$uM2....@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...

--It reminded me more of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. I thought
the Lindsey/Angel fight scene was well done. I don't see why anyone
has a problem with it.

Christian Kane showed off a very nice, trim torso, but I think his
face looks kind of puffy these days for some reason.

Clairel

sill...@famous.com

Feb 6, 2004, 6:44:12 PM2/6/04
On 6 Feb 2004 14:16:31 -0800, him...@animail.net (himiko) wrote:

Ho Yay?

Who comes up with this stuff?

Tim McDaniel

Feb 6, 2004, 7:25:34 PM2/6/04
In article <un9820tas3ophnrnu...@4ax.com>,

<sill...@famous.com> wrote:
>Ho Yay?
>
>Who comes up with this stuff?

<http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hoyay> defines it as
"Homoerotic subtext in film, books or movies. Usually followed by a
feeling of glee in the viewer. Can also relate to homoerotic films in
general." with the examples
There is a lot of HoYay in the film The Talented Mr. Ripley.
Ewan McGregor is the king of Hoyay.
It doesn't list an originator.
However, <http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=HoYay!>
defines that as
implicit homosexual tension, esp. between two supposedly
heterosexual people
The first use on Usenet shown by Google Groups is ... Mike Zeares!
In alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, 2001-06-28 05:24:35 PST, celebrating the
hiring of Drew Greenberg:
Yeah, dude! This should really help the HoYay! quotient on BtVS,
which was largely lacking in S5, Willow and Tara notwithstanding
(it's not as much fun if it's *text*).
>--Sarah T., shameless
-- Mike Zeares, likewise
But he uses the term without explanation, as someone expecting the
reader to just understand.

<http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/faq.cgi?show=0&q=1766> is a
glossary listing it.
<http://www.dykesvision.com/en/amc/amcglossary.html> says
Originally an interjection, now almost exclusively a noun, short
for Homoeroticism Yay!. Coined on TWoP to express excitement about
subtextually homoerotic moments between two otherwise straight
characters; now almost exclusively refers to said moments
themselves. Example: "Kendall and Greenlee rolling around in
lotion? Damn if those girls don't bring the HoYay!" Has spawned
the term HetYay!, which, in most contexts and particularly on
soaps, would be redundant; ...
<http://www.journalfen.net/users/deeablo/2525.html> credits it more
specifically -- someone calling themself Dee, with current ID deeablo:
"Homoeroticism, Yay?" was a thread originated by Jennifer Godwin
(jengod) on the Mighty Big TV (now Television without Pity) Angel
message boards sometime during that show's first season
(1999-2000). The title was a nod to both the homoerotic subtext of
the show, and Willow's infamous comment "Vampires, yay?" from "Lie
to Me," Buffy Season 2. Clever one, that jengod.
It links to
<http://www.dymphna.net/particularpics/homoeroticismchart2.jpg>,
the Angel HoYay! chart! Anyway.
Cut to spring 2001. Angel was wrapping up its second -- and I
still say its best -- season. Wesley was years from scruffy, Gunn
wasn't a pissant, Angel the character was actually interesting,
Cordy wasn't glowing or evil. My Pocket-Sized Boyfriend Lil'
Lawyer Lindsey had just driven off in his pickup truck, and summer
reruns were looming. Whatever were we fans to do? I, who was going
by the username whofleck at the time, posted something like, "We
should have a Camp HoYay for the summer." I can't find the exact
post because MBTV gakked their boards unannounced in the fall of
2001.

One off-hand comment and that immortal abbreviation later, people
perusing Yahoo Groups found the following: "Camp HoYay! is brought
to you by the genius mind of Whofleck and the other deviants who
hang out on the MBTV Angel boards, Homoeroticism Yay! thread."
[NOTE: *I* did not write this intro; jenstall did. Unlike some
people, I do not declare myself to be anything except
evil. Although I must admit I'm breathlessly waiting for the
moment when someone crowns me an "elder stateswoman of evil." Ha!]
Jenstall decided to start a mailing list on May 5, 2001, and it
all slid downhill from there. A fun, slippery slope it was too.
A later note in the page, claiming to be from jengod (Jennifer
Godwin), says that she did not coin the original phrase.

The first use of the phrase "Homoeroticism Yay" was in
alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer.creative, alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, alt.tv.angel,
originated by Kate Bolin, pointing to
<http://www.dymphna.net/homoeroticismyay/>, on 15 February 2001,
"takes it name from the Mighty Big TV Angel thread started by
JenGod. ... We love big gay TV."

Jane

Feb 6, 2004, 7:27:49 PM2/6/04

"hunter"

> Okay, I was into the fight scene, too ... but am I just too dense or
> too heterosexual? Repressed? Whichever, could someone help me with
> the sexual innuendo stuff? Right over my head...

I missed it too, I'm trying to find it but no luck yet.

Jane

himiko

Feb 6, 2004, 11:17:02 PM2/6/04
sill...@famous.com wrote in message news:<un9820tas3ophnrnu...@4ax.com>...

> On 6 Feb 2004 14:16:31 -0800, him...@animail.net (himiko) wrote:
>
> Ho Yay?
>
> Who comes up with this stuff?

I think the term, HoYay! (Homoeroticism, Yay!), originates from TWoP
where there is a debate raging on whether Smallville or AtS leads for
HoYay! The practice is much older, however. I first learned to do it
in the early 70s from a gay friend and neighbor; it got me through
many an evening when my then partner insisted on watching nonstop
macho crap. I was more hopeful and cooperative in those days, and
tried to share his interests in the hope of building a better
relationship, but I honestly couldn't have gotten through those
evenings without HoYay!

himiko

Slayah

Feb 6, 2004, 11:00:33 PM2/6/04
In article <9iWUb.14222$F23....@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>, Jane says...

If you're looking for sexual "innuendo"....
Check out the scene where Spike is playing with the remote controls. Tell me
what you see and hear.

Fwuffy Da Destwoyah

Feb 9, 2004, 1:42:17 PM2/9/04
"Jane" <jarsena...@earthlink.net> wrote in

I've no problem with wire-fu, but I thought it was crap. It wasn't good
wire-fu, it wasn't cheesy wire-fu, it was just poorly done wire-fu. Bad
CGI (or what looked like bad CGI), bad slo-mo, and the whole encounter
seemed very pointless. Of course, i haven't like any fight scene in AtS
since they started using the heavy slow motion a couple season's ago.
Can't stand it.

danzig138

Terrafamilia

Feb 10, 2004, 11:07:42 AM2/10/04

Fwuffy Da Destwoyah wrote:

It was certainly substandard. I've seen better on Power Rangers.

Ciao,

Terrafamilia