OT for Phil

Tin@

Oct 18, 2022, 11:59:06 PM10/18/22
did you hear Mark will be at the Saban on December 3rd? AXS for tickets

The_LA_Flash

Oct 19, 2022, 5:38:32 AM10/19/22
On Tuesday, October 18, 2022 at 8:59:06 PM UTC-7, Tin@ wrote:
> did you hear Mark will be at the Saban on December 3rd? AXS for tickets

Yeah, he has been promoting that for a couple of months to go along with his book. I have no doubt John Waite will be headlining that show. I will be traveling out of the country at that so I won't be going to the show, but I still went online last night just for the fun of it to see what kind of seats I could have gotten if I was going to go. I got a pair of second row tickets in the pit for over $520 then I threw them back for someone else to have. Squid says he will be at TSO that night, so he won't be going to the show. I think it's stupid that Mark is NOT saying who will be at the show until this Friday, for years Mark has been calling his listeners "Stupid replaceable listeners" and now he is proving his point by selling tickets to the show and NOT telling them who will be there, then he tells his listeners if you don't buy the tickets now then once I tell you who will be there those fans other fans of the guys who will be there will buy all the tickets, but I want you guys to be there so I won't say who is going to be there..... Hahaha

Tin@

Oct 19, 2022, 9:42:01 AM10/19/22
Did you get the book?

Do you think Mark wouldn't make this a show you'd never forget? No doubt there will be the biggest names in rock and he explained WHY he won't announce til Friday. I personally don't care if he had NO guests. I heard Skylord will be there and no doubt Reets will be there too. Praying Brian will be, but he's been a bit elusive since he retired.

The_LA_Flash

Oct 19, 2022, 11:33:31 AM10/19/22
On Wednesday, October 19, 2022 at 6:42:01 AM UTC-7, Tin@ wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 19, 2022 at 2:38:32 AM UTC-7, The_LA_Flash wrote:
> > On Tuesday, October 18, 2022 at 8:59:06 PM UTC-7, Tin@ wrote:
> > > did you hear Mark will be at the Saban on December 3rd? AXS for tickets
> > Yeah, he has been promoting that for a couple of months to go along with his book. I have no doubt John Waite will be headlining that show. I will be traveling out of the country at that so I won't be going to the show, but I still went online last night just for the fun of it to see what kind of seats I could have gotten if I was going to go. I got a pair of second row tickets in the pit for over $520 then I threw them back for someone else to have. Squid says he will be at TSO that night, so he won't be going to the show. I think it's stupid that Mark is NOT saying who will be at the show until this Friday, for years Mark has been calling his listeners "Stupid replaceable listeners" and now he is proving his point by selling tickets to the show and NOT telling them who will be there, then he tells his listeners if you don't buy the tickets now then once I tell you who will be there those fans other fans of the guys who will be there will buy all the tickets, but I want you guys to be there so I won't say who is going to be there..... Hahaha

> Did you get the book?
No, I have no desire to pay for a book that is filled with stories that I have heard for free for more than 30 years.

> Do you think Mark wouldn't make this a show you'd never forget?

No, again I've seen all the shows that I want to see in my lifetime, besides this show that Mark is putting on will be filled with the same people that i have seen or care to see over the years. When I found out Mark was putting on this show I made sure to be out of the country traveling like I was the last time Mark a show when he was at The Sound.

>No doubt there will be the biggest names in rock and he explained WHY he won't announce til Friday.

Yes and that reason is BULLSHIT, I'm sure you have heard Mark's story about the time he paid good money to see Madonna and he was pissed afterwards, well what Mark is doing to his listeners is 100 times worse than what she did but NOBODY will call him out on it. IF he was genuinely sincere about that, he would tell his listeners, the night you get the code to buy your tickets you will see the guest list, THAT WAY there is NO WAY (all those other fans) that Mark has talked about will have a clue that this show was going on, instead Mark plays this BULLSHIT game with his listeners. Only a real sad desperate fool would buy a ticket under those conditions.

I personally don't care if he had NO guests. I heard Skylord will be there and no doubt Reets will be there too. Praying Brian will be, but he's been a bit elusive since he retired.

Well Mark said he invited Brian but he hasn't heard back from him so having said that, I think there is a slim chance Brian will be there. I know Mark didn't go to the Radio HOF thing last year and Brian was with "Reets" so maybe this is Brian's way of paying Mark back for NOT going to that event but that is just a guess. BTW, Mark will go to the Radio HOF thing next month, in case you were wondering...

Tin@

Oct 19, 2022, 12:02:00 PM10/19/22
Your comments make it hard to believe you were ever a fan. How sad you're so bitter.

The_LA_Flash

Oct 19, 2022, 1:51:13 PM10/19/22
I'm NOT bitter one bit, part of being a fan is being honest and telling the truth when you think you're being screwed over, to say nothing and just go along with the shitty treatment would make you nothing more than a puppet head.
Like I said: "IF Mark was genuinely sincere about that, he would tell his listeners, the night you get the code to buy your tickets you will see the guest list, THAT WAY there is NO WAY (all those other fans) that Mark has talked about will have a clue that this show was going on,"
Are you saying my idea wouldn't have been a better way of going about it?

Tin@

Oct 19, 2022, 2:37:21 PM10/19/22
YOU seem to be the only person with that issue. I was in the group last night talking to people and it was never mentioned, just speculation over who would be there, not any anger over not announcing who would be there. The only anger was that I saw was over the website got hit hard and it was hard to get in, but only 1 person that I saw wasn't happy and decided not to go....but not over your reason, over the site crashing was his reason, which is dumb too, everyone who wanted tickets could get them, since as of this morning, there are still tickets available

The_LA_Flash

Oct 19, 2022, 2:56:51 PM10/19/22
I was in the group too, you're right people were pissed at the site crashing and that right there is another stupid thing that Mark did, since he had A LOT of people listening LIVE he just should have said the password right then and there instead of having people go to a website that has crashed in the past (when his book first went on sale) only to have it happen again. Stupid ol' Lynda wasn't even paying attention to the group otherwise she would have seen all the people pissed that the site had crashed. I don't think it was "dumb" for them to be pissed because at that moment, we did NOT know the show wasn't going to sell out that night, so I understand the anger.

Tin@

Oct 19, 2022, 3:27:13 PM10/19/22
I understand frustration, since I was, but anger is a bit dumb. If no one can get in, it can't sell out and even AFTER it all was fixed, he was still all pouty face. You can STILL get orchestra seats! So he was acting like a spoiled brat.

The_LA_Flash

Oct 19, 2022, 11:06:26 PM10/19/22
Nice job at ignoring my solution so the process could have been a lot easier. Which ticket did you get, did you get the $75 ticket?

Tin@

Oct 20, 2022, 8:27:37 AM10/20/22
No, I got the front balcony at $100, since I know the floor is pretty flat and I don't want to try to see over everyone's head. I don't care for your solution, which is why I didn't comment on it.

What I did notice though is NO MATTER WHAT position I take on a subject, you will always slam it. Sad you can't ever try to get along with me. That speaks of YOUR character or lack thereof, not mine.

The_LA_Flash

Oct 20, 2022, 10:47:45 AM10/20/22
I could easily say the same thing about you, let's take a look at this thread to prove my point. You wrote: "did you hear Mark will be at the Saban on December 3rd? AXS for tickets"
At that point I had NO CLUE what position you were going to take on Mark's concert, so I was gave my honest answer that had NOTHING to do with what side you were going to be on. Once I gave you my thoughts, you then came back with: "Did you get the book?" Again, I gave my honest thoughts on the book, I had NO CLUE if you bought the book or not. Here's the thing, I don't complain just to complain I gave you a reason why and a solution on what Mark should have done and then when I asked what you thought of my solution you said: "I don't care for your solution, which is why I didn't comment on it." You did that without giving me a reason why you didn't like my solution,
So, I could very easily be the one saying.... "NO MATTER WHAT position I take on a subject, you will always slam it. Sad you can't ever try to get along with me. That speaks of YOUR character or lack thereof, not mine."
So I'll ask you why didn't you like my solution? I predict you'll ignore this question....
Message has been deleted

Tin@

Oct 20, 2022, 9:36:59 PM10/20/22
The solution doesn't work, because both you and I and anyone else who listened knows who some of Mark's musical guests are and he wanted to make sure M&B fans were there, not (name your favorite singer, band) fans were there. He said as much and I see all you did, AGAIN, was parrot me, which means what *I* said was pretty good, cuz you had no unique response, you just parroted me, as usual. Have an original thought some time.

The_LA_Flash

Oct 21, 2022, 11:52:08 AM10/21/22
My solution WOULD work because like I said, Mark would tell his fans the NIGHT the tickets went on sale who was going to be there, so those fans that Mark was worrying about buying up all the tickets would have NO CLUE this show was going on until AFTER Mark's fan bought. ALSO you ignored the other solution I had, which was Mark should have said the password the night we were all listening instead of have us go to a website that crashed. ALSO those were TWO "original thoughts" so your claim "Have an original thought some time" is once again BULLSHIT!!
BTW, I'm glad I'll be out of town and not being around for the show because I just saw the lineup and NOT counting John Waite who I LIKE, I would have been hated to pay a penny for that piece of crap lineup.

Tin@

Oct 21, 2022, 12:53:01 PM10/21/22
I'm glad you'll be out of town too.

The_LA_Flash

Oct 21, 2022, 2:55:40 PM10/21/22
correction, I will be out of the country, that's even better for the both of us.

The_LA_Flash

Nov 8, 2022, 8:41:17 PM11/8/22
On Tuesday, October 18, 2022 at 8:59:06 PM UTC-7, Tin@ wrote:
> did you hear Mark will be at the Saban on December 3rd? AXS for tickets

Did you see they haven't sold out yet and Donny isn't on the bill for some reason, huh how about that!

Tin@

Nov 8, 2022, 9:47:06 PM11/8/22
Nope, I got what I need, so why check back?

Tin@

Dec 4, 2022, 1:40:06 PM12/4/22

Donny WAS there and Dwight Yoakam was added on. Sadly, a few people got Covid so they didn't show. John was amazing of course and it was one of the BEST 3 hours of my life! You really did miss a lot and there was a lot of new info. Now do what you always do and put a sour note in.