Recap: Finals Week 4 Results, 4/1/2009

Itoshi

Apr 1, 2009, 10:07:42 PM4/1/09
Finals Week 4 Results, broadcast on 4/1/2009

The show opens with the judges' comments from last night. They only
included the judges' substantive comments, so it was a short tape. Now I
know why Paula was reading/reciting her critiques last night - it was for
this tape.

PRELIMINARIES

Alexis Grace is ITA. Seacrest says 36 million votes were cast last night.
A cute girl ITA CLAS.

Seacrest is talking about what will happen tonight. SITJ. RCFH. Paula
gives a pinky wave. Randy didn't boo Simon. Maybe he suddenly realized how
juvenile it is, and won't do it again.

Randy, why are you judges always on about song choice? The contestants
have to pick songs they can do well. Kara, are you a broken record, like
the heckler said? I appreciate that the audience has passion. Paula, can
the other contestants be as good as Adam? Yes, if they know who they are
and wear plenty of eye makeup. Simon, who should go home tonight? Anoop,
Matt, Megan ... to that, Megan gives a cheery wave.

The Ford video has slices of different contestants' faces and bodies
spliced together. The song is "Mixed Up". That was pretty good.

The group lip-sync number is "Don't Stop Believing". Scott's lip-synching
is far worse than the others. Even from the widest, full-stage camera
shot, I can see Megan's forearms jangling away.

[break]

Simon just called out all of the contestants who got into the finals via
the wild card. Good job on fixing the voters' mistakes, judges.

ITA = in the audience.

CLAS = claps like a seal.

SITJ = Seacrest introduces the judges.

RCFH = Randy cheers for himself.

[return]

FILLER

There's tape about how busy the contestants' lives are. Megan demonstrated
her moves for someone. Allison enjoys the photo shoots. Kris doesn't.
Scott enjoys the Ford video shoots. Matt did an impersonation of Danny.
Alexis was ITV. They have a chef.

Live again, Seacrest asks Danny to impersonate Matt. Danny does a sheep
baaaing to Coldplay. Anoop imitates Kris's facial contortions. Allison
imitates Danny. The others were true, but that one didn't land.

RESULTS

CSM&L. Megan, stand up. Matt, stand up. Kris, stand up. All three of you
come down to the stage. Stand over there.

Adam, stand up. Once again, we apologize for making you go through this
process. Lil, stand up. Allison, stand up. The three of you, go to the
center of the stage.

Scott, stand up. Danny, stand up. "After the nationwide vote ... Anoop,
please stand up." The three of you go stand on that side.

Seacrest implied that one group _could_ be the bottom three.

[break]

I was actually thinking the bottom three was one person from each group.
All three groups have a front-runner (Kris, Adam, Danny). Kris _is_ a
front-runner now, isn't he?

I think there will be some switching around before the bottom 3 is
announced.

ITV = in this video

CSM&L = Cue the scary music and lights

[return]

FILLER

David Cook performs "Come Back To Me". His guitar still says "AC", I guess
because he's still exploiting his brother's illness to get votes, because
that's the only explanation some people will accept. I never was a David
Cook fan. This is his typical, "Hey, I'm melancholy and emotional; just
watch me stare off into space a lot, then squinch my face up when I hit a
high note" kind of performance.

Seacrest asks what was the most valuable lesson he learned on AI? Some
girls ITA shout, "We love you, David!!!" Then he talked about what he's
been doing. The girls made him forget the question.

A couple of hot chicks bring out a plaque for his platinum album. Who are
the chicks? Wait, don't go ...

[break]
[return]

RESULTS

CSM&L again. Over to Kris, Megan, and Matt. Kris, you're safe. The girl
sitting next to Kris's babe of a wife is a babe. Megan is holding onto
Matt's arm. Matt, you were in the bottom three last week. This week, you
have to take a seat again ... over there (pointing to the safe couch).
April Fools! Megan, the judges punched you in the face again. "I love you,
Simon, but I don't care." Megan, you can also take a seat ... on the
stools of sadness. Megan flaps her arms, goes "caw, caw, caw" and flies
over to the stool. Megan is funny.

Now over to Adam, Lil, and Allison's group. Lil, "You ... are ... safe."
Allison, "You ... are in the bottom three." So sit next to Megan. Allison
walks over to the chairs like a human being. Adam, you're no Steven Tyler,
but you're safe. Paula CLAS.

Now over to Danny, Scott, and Anoop. Danny, you are safe. Danny and Kris
just had a guy moment on the couches. Anoop and Scott, both of your
futures here are very dubious. Randy, which one is in the bottom three?
Anoop. Seacrest asks Anoop if he agrees. Anoop does. Seacrest helps Scott
over to the couches. He's safe.

The bottom three are Anoop, Megan - who is still waving like a goof - and
Allison.

[break]

I didn't think I was going to score any points tonight. I'm feeling good
about next week, though.

You know the Honda commercial where they drive on the road that's supposed
to sound like the William Tell Overture? Whoever built that road did a
lousy job of programming the tune.

[return]

FILLER

Lady Gaga performs "Poker Face". WTF is this crap?

Simon, of this bottom three, how many are worth saving? "One". I wish
Seacrest wouldn't ask him that.

[break]

WTF = What the eff

[return]

RESULTS

Anoop, Megan, and Allison are the bottom three. One of them is going back
to the safety couches. Megan says, "Don't forget to caw". Now Anoop is
being sent back. She says the same thing to him. Megan got the lowest
votes. Allison caws.

Simon says they won't be using the save. Megan performs "Turn Your Lights
Down Low". What a goof.

WRAPUP

Seacrest says he's said to see her go. Megan loves the show, the
contestants, the judges, and her baby. The voters appear to be singling
out the contestants who have little kids.

There's video of Megan. She's so Megan.

Next week's theme is "Songs from the year you were born".

Fille

Apr 1, 2009, 10:20:45 PM4/1/09
On Apr 1, 10:07 pm, Itoshi <ito...@no.spam.com> wrote:

<snip>

> David Cook performs "Come Back To Me". His guitar still says "AC", I guess
> because he's still exploiting his brother's illness to get votes, because
> that's the only explanation some people will accept. I never was a David
> Cook fan. This is his typical, "Hey, I'm melancholy and emotional; just
> watch me stare off into space a lot, then squinch my face up when I hit a
> high note" kind of performance.

Like Cook but can't say as I liked that song.

> Lady Gaga performs "Poker Face". WTF is this crap?

I was listening in the other room - song sounded okay to me but then I
just had to go look and all I could see was dry ice clouds everywhere.

> Anoop, Megan, and Allison are the bottom three. One of them is going back
> to the safety couches. Megan says, "Don't forget to caw". Now Anoop is
> being sent back. She says the same thing to him. Megan got the lowest
> votes. Allison caws.

I can't believe Allison was in the bottom three - WTF? I would have
put either Matt or Lil there myself.

> Simon says they won't be using the save. Megan performs "Turn Your Lights
> Down Low". What a goof.

A cute girl but I'm not sad I don't have to listen to her sing
anymore. Buh bye.

fmomoon

Apr 1, 2009, 11:52:04 PM4/1/09

"Itoshi" <ito...@no.spam.com> wrote in message

> Finals Week 4 Results, broadcast on 4/1/2009
> April Fools! Megan, the judges punched you in the face again. "I love you,
> Simon, but I don't care." Megan, you can also take a seat ... on the
> stools of sadness. Megan flaps her arms, goes "caw, caw, caw" and flies
> over to the stool. Megan is funny.

She apparently thinks so.

> Allison, "You ... are in the bottom three." So sit next to Megan. Allison
> walks over to the chairs like a human being.

Yup.

> > The bottom three are Anoop, Megan - who is still waving like a goof -
> > and
> Allison.

Those drugs must be really good...

> You know the Honda commercial where they drive on the road that's supposed
> to sound like the William Tell Overture? Whoever built that road did a
> lousy job of programming the tune.

Agreed! It bugs me big time!

> Simon, of this bottom three, how many are worth saving? "One". I wish
> Seacrest wouldn't ask him that.

And her name is Allison.

> Simon says they won't be using the save. Megan performs "Turn Your Lights
> Down Low". What a goof.

Thanks for this, Itoshi. You just saved me an hour.
--
Moni

Rachel

Apr 2, 2009, 12:18:18 AM4/2/09
On Apr 1, 10:07 pm, Itoshi <ito...@no.spam.com> wrote:

I know everybody here hates Megan, and I agree that she was the right
person to go home tonight, but I thought she sounded way better
tonight than she did last night! And I felt really sad and even
teared up a little when she said she was going home to her baby and
started crying.

Ryan

Apr 2, 2009, 12:26:24 AM4/2/09
On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 21:18:18 -0700 (PDT), Rachel <rach...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I know everybody here hates Megan,

Don't include me. While I was not a fan of her singing, I did
appreciate her quirkiness and personality. She seemed like a sweet
girl.

> and I agree that she was the right
>person to go home tonight, but I thought she sounded way better
>tonight than she did last night!

I agree. It might have had to do with her not being as nervous knowing
that her performance would not be judged.

> And I felt really sad and even
>teared up a little when she said she was going home to her baby and
>started crying.

It all will work out in the end. She gets to see her baby early and
then has a break before they go on tour in the summer.

Ryan

ATAI Bragging Rights Champion, 2006

Everything that is ever going to happen,
has already happened.

Tin@

Judy Haffner

Apr 2, 2009, 1:59:36 AM4/2/09

Itoshi wrote:

>PRELIMINARIES
>Alexis Grace is ITA. Seacrest says 36
> million votes were cast last night.

Jason Castro was also ITA, sitting beside Alexis.

>Simon, who should go home tonight?
> Anoop, Matt, Megan.

He certainly didn't pull any punches there, did it, and called it like
he saw it!

>The Ford video has slices of different
> contestants' faces and bodies spliced
> together. The song is "Mixed Up". That
> was pretty good.

That was clever and entertaining.

>The group lip-sync number is "Don't Stop
> Believing".

Typical group sing...could easily do without that each week, but then
they'd have to fill that spot with some other kind of "fluff"!

>FILLER
>There's tape about how busy the
> contestants' lives are.

>Live again, Seacrest asks Danny to

> impersonate Matt. Danny does a sheep
> baaaing to Coldplay. Anoop imitates
> Kris's facial contortions. Allison imitates
> Danny. The others were true, but that
> one didn't land.

That was fun to watch...they all seem to get along well and have a fun
time together..love seeing the comradary.

>RESULTS
>CSM&L. Megan, stand up. Matt, stand
> up. Kris, stand up. All three of you come
> down to the stage. Stand over there.
>Adam, stand up. Once again, we
> apologize for making you go through
> this process. Lil, stand up. Allison, stand
> up. The three of you, go to the center of
> the stage.
>Scott, stand up. Danny, stand up. "After
> the nationwide vote ... Anoop,
>please stand up." The three of you go
> stand on that side.
>Seacrest implied that one group _could_
> be the bottom three.

I was wondering WTH for a minute there, as each group had one person
high on the voting polls in it, but thought it would play out to be a
April Fool's joke.

>FILLER
>David Cook performs "Come Back To
> Me".

>A couple of hot chicks bring out a plaque
> for his platinum album.

I wasn't ever on Cook's "train" either, as I was all for the younger
David last season, but they have both done quite well so far, so that's
what matters. This seemed to be a "ok song?

>RESULTS

>Over to Kris, Megan, and Matt. Kris,

> you're safe. Matt, you were in the

> bottom three last week. This week, you
> have to take a seat again ... over there
> (pointing to the safe couch). April Fools!

> "I love you, Simon, but I don't care."
> Megan, you can also take a seat ... on
> the stools of sadness. Megan flaps her
> arms, goes "caw, caw, caw" and flies
> over to the stool. Megan is funny.

>Now over to Adam, Lil, and Allison's
> group. Lil, "You ... are ... safe." Allison,
> "You ... are in the bottom three." So sit
> next to Megan. Allison walks over to the
> chairs like a human being. Adam, you're
> no Steven Tyler, but you're safe. Paula
> CLAS.

>Now over to Danny, Scott, and Anoop.
> Danny, you are safe. Danny and Kris
> just had a guy moment on the couches.
> Anoop and Scott, both of your futures
> here are very dubious. Randy, which
> one is in the bottom three? Anoop.
> Seacrest asks Anoop if he agrees.
> Anoop does. Seacrest helps Scott over
> to the couches. He's safe.

>The bottom three are Anoop, Megan -
> who is still waving like a goof - and
> Allison.

>FILLER

>Lady Gaga performs "Poker Face". WTF
> is this crap?

She was horrible...that is the #1 song in the country now?! Has everyone
taken leave of their senses!!?

>Simon, of this bottom three, how many
> are worth saving? "One". I wish
> Seacrest wouldn't ask him that.

I think he would have actually saved Allison, if necessary?

>RESULTS
>Anoop, Megan, and Allison are the
> bottom three. One of them is going back

> to the safety couches. Now Anoop is
> being sent back. Megan got the lowest
> votes.

I'm glad she went tonight, and Allison and Anoop were saved to sing
another day. I would have been thoroughly "hacked off" if she would have
stayed and Allison left in her place!

>Simon says they won't be using the
> save. Megan performs "Turn Your Lights
> Down Low". What a goof.

Simon said since Megan didn't care what he said, then they didn't are
enough to save her either, but I doubt if he even considered it.

>WRAPUP

>There's video of Megan. She's so
> Megan.
>Next week's theme is "Songs from the
> year you were born".

Thanks bunches, Itoshi..I so appreciate you doing this for us!

Judy

Message has been deleted

shep_he...@yahoo.com

Apr 2, 2009, 8:49:21 AM4/2/09
On Apr 1, 10:07 pm, Itoshi <ito...@no.spam.com> wrote:
> Finals Week 4 Results, broadcast on 4/1/2009

Allison walks over to the chairs like a human being.

Actually, if you can watch it again... she actually did a little "side-
hand bird flapping" thing when she started to walk over. It was
actually a bit cute and showed that the young one can play the game.

callen...@yahoo.com

Apr 2, 2009, 9:58:48 AM4/2/09

I'm with you, shep. She seems to be blossoming and growing more
confident with each week. PLEASE don't let her get voted off soon!!!!

Callen in VA

dixichik

Apr 2, 2009, 10:55:30 AM4/2/09

> The Ford video has slices of different contestants' faces and bodies
> spliced together. The song is "Mixed Up". That was pretty good.

I actually liked this commercial. It was fun to watch.

> The group lip-sync number is "Don't Stop Believing". Scott's lip-synching
> is far worse than the others. Even from the widest, full-stage camera
> shot, I can see Megan's forearms jangling away.

I told Ricky I thought Danny should have sung a Journey song Tuesday
night.

> There's tape about how busy the contestants' lives are. Megan demonstrated
> her moves for someone. Allison enjoys the photo shoots. Kris doesn't.
> Scott enjoys the Ford video shoots. Matt did an impersonation of Danny.
> Alexis was ITV. They have a chef.
>
> Live again, Seacrest asks Danny to impersonate Matt. Danny does a sheep
> baaaing to Coldplay. Anoop imitates Kris's facial contortions. Allison
> imitates Danny. The others were true, but that one didn't land.

Ok, the impersonations were hilarious. I especially liked the one
Anoop did of Kris. LOL

> FILLER
>
> David Cook performs "Come Back To Me". His guitar still says "AC", I guess
> because he's still exploiting his brother's illness to get votes, because
> that's the only explanation some people will accept. I never was a David
> Cook fan. This is his typical, "Hey, I'm melancholy and emotional; just
> watch me stare off into space a lot, then squinch my face up when I hit a
> high note" kind of performance.

Oh my, that song was not very good at all. Ricky asked me how David
won last season. I told him if he had sung like that he wouldn't
have.

> A couple of hot chicks bring out a plaque for his platinum album. Who are
> the chicks? Wait, don't go ...

Down, boy.

> CSM&L again. Over to Kris, Megan, and Matt. Kris, you're safe. The girl
> sitting next to Kris's babe of a wife is a babe. Megan is holding onto
> Matt's arm. Matt, you were in the bottom three last week. This week, you
> have to take a seat again ... over there (pointing to the safe couch).
> April Fools! Megan, the judges punched you in the face again. "I love you,
> Simon, but I don't care." Megan, you can also take a seat ... on the
> stools of sadness. Megan flaps her arms, goes "caw, caw, caw" and flies
> over to the stool. Megan is funny.

Maybe it's me but I didn't think she was funny at all. In fact, I
thought her little bird act was stupid.

> Now over to Adam, Lil, and Allison's group. Lil, "You ... are ... safe."
> Allison, "You ... are in the bottom three." So sit next to Megan. Allison
> walks over to the chairs like a human being. Adam, you're no Steven Tyler,
> but you're safe. Paula CLAS.

Allison in the bottom 3? WTF?

> Now over to Danny, Scott, and Anoop. Danny, you are safe. Danny and Kris
> just had a guy moment on the couches. Anoop and Scott, both of your
> futures here are very dubious. Randy, which one is in the bottom three?
> Anoop. Seacrest asks Anoop if he agrees. Anoop does. Seacrest helps Scott
> over to the couches. He's safe.

Anoop showed a lot of class when he said that he watched the playback
and agreed that he didn't do very well. Very classy.

> The bottom three are Anoop, Megan - who is still waving like a goof - and
> Allison.
>

> Lady Gaga performs "Poker Face". WTF is this crap?

Agreed. Although, that fiddle player was pretty good.

> Anoop, Megan, and Allison are the bottom three. One of them is going back
> to the safety couches. Megan says, "Don't forget to caw". Now Anoop is
> being sent back. She says the same thing to him. Megan got the lowest
> votes. Allison caws.

Okay, I must be out of the loop. What is with the cawing bit? Oh
well, at least I finally got BR points! Yay, me!

> Simon says they won't be using the save. Megan performs "Turn Your Lights
> Down Low". What a goof.

I'm not sure how she did it but I thought she was worse than Tuesday
night. And what was with the dancing? She made Danny's dancing look
good!

Cheri

Apr 2, 2009, 11:07:57 AM4/2/09

> Itoshi wrote:

>>Adam, stand up. Once again, we
>> apologize for making you go through
>> this process. Lil, stand up. Allison, stand
>> up. The three of you, go to the center of
>> the stage.

One thing that really impressed me in that, was how Adam stopped and offered
Lil his arm to escort her down the steps. That showed good manners to me. I
like that young man!

Cheri

Message has been deleted

echos

Apr 2, 2009, 2:09:21 PM4/2/09
"Itoshi" <ito...@no.spam.com> wrote in message
> Seacrest helps Scott
> over to the couches. He's safe.

More like he grabs Scott's arm and drags him whichever way he wants Scott to
walk. It's starting to get annoying, far as I'm concerned.

--
Echo

echos

Apr 2, 2009, 2:11:45 PM4/2/09
"Rachel" <rach...@gmail.com> wrote in message
<quote>

I know everybody here hates Megan, and I agree that she was the right
person to go home tonight, but I thought she sounded way better
tonight than she did last night!
</quote>

I thought she sounded much better than her original performance, too.

--
Echo

Judy Haffner

Apr 2, 2009, 2:00:27 PM4/2/09

Zob wrote:

>OK, Judy, you and I are finally back on
> the same page here! :-)

Well, how about that?! It not near as much "fun" those as disagreeing,
as when we agree, they're are no flames...plus making up is so much fun!
;-)

>I was incredulous. If she had auditioned
> for AI, she'd be one of the stupid
> auditionees that everybody made fun of!

DD and I could not believe our eyes, or ears! I'd never seen her before,
and she was almost like something out of a cartoon.

Zob wrote:

>I totally agree.

Holy smoley, this is just getting to be too much...we better feel our
foreheads and see if we have a fever! <:))

Judy

dixichik

Apr 2, 2009, 2:15:40 PM4/2/09

I saw that, too. I thought that one should never grab a blind person
by the arm. Instead, you should let the person hold your arm for
guidance.

alia robinson

Apr 2, 2009, 2:19:28 PM4/2/09

"dixichik" <oneida...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Yes, exactly, and it's up to scott to gently correct ryan. He obviously and
understanbbly doesn't know. I will always show someone who has no clue
about leading the blind.

Alia

Cheri

Apr 2, 2009, 2:38:12 PM4/2/09
"alia robinson" <ali...@gmail.com> wrote in message

And while he's gently correcting Ryan on that, he should also tell Ryan to
stop rubbing peoples heads. God, that is so annoying to me. Just once I'd
like to see a contestant pick Ryan up and throw him across the stage after
he pulls the rub the sweaty head thing. :-)

Cheri

dixichik

Apr 2, 2009, 2:41:22 PM4/2/09

> And while he's gently correcting Ryan on that, he should also tell Ryan to
> stop rubbing peoples heads. God, that is so annoying to me. Just once I'd
> like to see a contestant pick Ryan up and throw him across the stage after
> he pulls the rub the sweaty head thing. :-)
>
> Cheri- Hide quoted text -

Must resist.......

Oh hell, I gotta say it. Ryan's just wishing he could rub a different
sweaty head!

There, now I feel better. ;D

alia robinson

Apr 2, 2009, 2:42:23 PM4/2/09

"Cheri" <che...@newsguy.com> wrote in message
Maybe Ryan has a fetish..okay enough said..going away now.

Alia

alia robinson

Apr 2, 2009, 2:43:37 PM4/2/09

"dixichik" <oneida...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
ROTFL..we're so bad..I went there too.

Alia

Cheri

Apr 2, 2009, 2:56:19 PM4/2/09
"dixichik" <oneida...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I am LMAO.

Cheri

dixichik

Apr 2, 2009, 3:14:31 PM4/2/09
On Apr 2, 1:56 pm, "Cheri" <cher...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> "dixichik" <oneidacoll...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I am so bad! :D

Jason Wuthrich

Apr 2, 2009, 7:41:33 PM4/2/09
"Itoshi" <ito...@no.spam.com> wrote in message
> Finals Week 4 Results, broadcast on 4/1/2009

Finals Week 4 Results response, typed on 4/2/2009

> PRELIMINARIES
<snip>

> The Ford video has slices of different contestants' faces and bodies
> spliced together. The song is "Mixed Up". That was pretty good.

Until this season, Ryan never introduced the Ford videos; they were always
right out of commercial. Now we've moved them to the A-block. Next week,
shall we just lead off with it and be done for the night?

> The group lip-sync number is "Don't Stop Believing". Scott's lip-synching
> is far worse than the others. Even from the widest, full-stage camera
> shot, I can see Megan's forearms jangling away.

If they do this song again at the finale, they have _got_ to get Randy
Jackson on bass. Yes, I know he hadn't yet joined the group when they
recorded it.

Saturday on CBS, college students play basketball. If they win, they'll
play again.

OT tangent: the F4 is in Michigan, a state with an 11%+ unemployment rate.
How can the fans afford to buy tickets?

> Live again, Seacrest asks Danny to impersonate Matt. Danny does a sheep
> baaaing to Coldplay. Anoop imitates Kris's facial contortions. Allison
> imitates Danny. The others were true, but that one didn't land.

They really should add that to the tour. Not that it matters to me; they
won't stop in my county. The unemployment rate there is _18%_, so again, no
one's got any money for tickets.

> RESULTS
>
> CSM&L. Megan, stand up. Matt, stand up. Kris, stand up. All three of you
> come down to the stage. Stand over there.
>
> Adam, stand up. Once again, we apologize for making you go through this
> process. Lil, stand up. Allison, stand up. The three of you, go to the
> center of the stage.
>
> Scott, stand up. Danny, stand up. "After the nationwide vote ... Anoop,
> please stand up." The three of you go stand on that side.

Yes, we voted to make Anoop stand up. ;-)

> Seacrest implied that one group _could_ be the bottom three.

My inclination was Ryan would switch a couple people. Remember when the
writers made him make the obligatory "too many Cooks in the kitchen" joke
last year?

> I was actually thinking the bottom three was one person from each group.
> All three groups have a front-runner (Kris, Adam, Danny). Kris _is_ a
> front-runner now, isn't he?

If he wins, I think he'll be the biggest out-of-nowhere winner (in relation
to his chances coming into the finals) since Kelly Clarkson. And yes, that
includes Jordin Sparks.

> ITV = in this video
>
> CSM&L = Cue the scary music and lights

F4 = Final Four

> [return]
>
> David Cook performs "Come Back To Me". ...

I played this song on the way to Arby's for lunch, so I heard it twice
yesterday.

> ... Matt, you were in the bottom three last week. This week, you

> have to take a seat again ... over there (pointing to the safe couch).

> April Fools! ...

Very sneaky, Ryan. The music cue should have tipped off Matt, though.

> ... Megan, the judges punched you in the face again. "I love you,

> Simon, but I don't care." Megan, you can also take a seat ... on the
> stools of sadness. Megan flaps her arms, goes "caw, caw, caw" and flies
> over to the stool. Megan is funny.

+1

> Now over to Adam, Lil, and Allison's group. Lil, "You ... are ... safe."

> Allison, "You ... are in the bottom three." ...

Lousy fashion critics! Allison's chances of winning AI aren't looking too
good right now. Remember, we've had only one eventual winner (Fantasia) who
dropped into the B3 more than once. EW has no more pull than VFTW.

> [break]
>
> I didn't think I was going to score any points tonight. I'm feeling good
> about next week, though.

I'm not. Kris may go far, and by the time I score 10 or more points for a
hit, I'll be too far behind for it to matter.

F4 = Final Four

B3 = Bottom three

EW = Entertainment Weekly, who is pimping Allison on its "Idolatry" webshow

VFTW = Vote for the Worst

> [return]
>
> FILLER
>
> Lady Gaga performs "Poker Face". WTF is this crap?

I muted it. This performance is exactly why Mom decided to watch "Criminal
Minds" live instead of taping it to watch later. She's taping NBC's "Life"
instead, although I don't see why she bothered because it's going to be
cancelled next month anyway. Have you seen its ratings? You can't without
a microscope.

> [break]

Monday night on CBS, college students play basketball. Unfortunately,
neither team plays again next week.

> [return]
>
> RESULTS
>
> ... Megan got the lowest votes. Allison caws.

America agreed with the judges...

> Simon says they won't be using the save. ...

...the judges agreed with America. Fly robin fly...back to Utah from whence
you came.

Judy Haffner

Apr 2, 2009, 10:05:03 PM4/2/09

Jason Wuthrich wrote:

>She's taping NBC's "Life" instead,
> although I don't see why she bothered
> because it's going to be cancelled next
> month anyway. Have you seen its
> ratings? You can't without a microscope.

Oh, shoot! I am very sorry to hear that, as hadn't seen that it had been
cancelled, but I feared it might, as they kept changing it to different
nights, and finally ended up on Wednesday opposite A. I., so I can see
why the ratings would be down.

I really do like that show, and I watch such little TV, besides A.I. and
DWTS at this time, I watched "Life" and America's Most Wanted, Hell's
Kitchen and ER, but that series ends tonight. I really liked the main
detective (Charlie Cruz) Damien Lewis on "Life", so now I'm bummed! :-(

Judy

Tin@

Apr 2, 2009, 10:37:42 PM4/2/09

Me too, why did they have to put up against Lost and AI? Dangit!

Jason Wuthrich

Apr 3, 2009, 12:38:13 AM4/3/09
"Judy Haffner" <jhaf...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> Jason Wuthrich wrote:
> >She's taping NBC's "Life" instead,
> > although I don't see why she bothered
> > because it's going to be cancelled next
> > month anyway. Have you seen its
> > ratings? You can't without a microscope.
>
> Oh, shoot! I am very sorry to hear that, as hadn't seen that it had been
> cancelled, but I feared it might, as they kept changing it to different
> nights, and finally ended up on Wednesday opposite A. I., so I can see
> why the ratings would be down.

"Life"'s ratings were never up this season to begin with. My guess is the
long turnaround between seasons caused by the writers' strike led to
irreparable damage. It's not just "Life"; "Chuck", "Heroes", and ABC shows
"Pushing Daisies", "Dirty Sexy Money", and "Private Practice" all decided to
call it a season during the strike and return in the fall. Unfortunately,
when they finally returned, the viewers did not. Only PP is even close to
last year's ratings, and that had more to do with a "Grey's Anatomy"
crossover than anything else. (By contrast, CBS ordered six poststrike
episodes of "The Big Bang Theory", and viewership boomed in year two.) NBC
has gone on record as saying they still support "Heroes" despite one of the
largest one-year ratings crashes in recent memory, if not all of television
history. I have not heard any definitive word one way or the other
regarding the future of "Chuck" or "Life", but I don't think the prognosis
for either is very good. Take out the 10pm hour (Jay Leno) and Saturday
(lost cause) and Sunday nights (football), and that leaves just ten hours a
week to program, which doesn't leave much room for on-the-bubble series.

As for me, I never watched "Life". Mom likes it, but NBC always put it up
against something else she likes. Last year it was on Wednesday at 10, but
Mom and I watched "CSI: NY" instead. Friday at 10 it was "Numb3rs", and
Wednesday nights it's AI _and_ CM. "Life" is in a no-win situation.
--
American Idol 8 Certainty Contest
http://gswarehouse.fortunecity.com/certainty-idol/

"That's expensive jello."
- Conrad Ecklie (Marc Vann), "CSI"

Tin@

Apr 3, 2009, 12:45:39 AM4/3/09
On Apr 2, 9:38 pm, "Jason Wuthrich" <tjwuthr...@verizon.net_spamtrap>
wrote:
> "Judy Haffner" <jhaff...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Awww, man I took you at your word. So Life isn't for sure cancelled??

>Take out the 10pm hour (Jay Leno) and Saturday
> (lost cause) and Sunday nights (football), and that leaves just ten hours a
> week to program, which doesn't leave much room for on-the-bubble series.
>
> As for me, I never watched "Life".

This season hasnt been as good, with Reese barely in the show. The
show is good because of the relationship between Crews and Reese, with
her out of the picture, for all intents and purposes, the show hasn't
been as good. Even I've stopped watching it because the line up is
too much for that night, figuring I'd catch it in reruns.

> Mom likes it, but NBC always put it up
> against something else she likes.  Last year it was on Wednesday at 10, but
> Mom and I watched "CSI: NY" instead.  Friday at 10 it was "Numb3rs", and
> Wednesday nights it's AI _and_ CM.  "Life" is in a no-win situation.
> --
> American Idol 8 Certainty Contesthttp://gswarehouse.fortunecity.com/certainty-idol/

> DO-OVERhttp://gswarehouse.fortunecity.com/certainty-idol/do-over.html

fmomoon

Apr 3, 2009, 1:24:34 AM4/3/09

>> Live again, Seacrest asks Danny to impersonate Matt. Danny does a sheep
>> baaaing to Coldplay. Anoop imitates Kris's facial contortions. Allison
>> imitates Danny. The others were true, but that one didn't land.
>>
> Ok, the impersonations were hilarious. I especially liked the one
> Anoop did of Kris. LOL

Adam would have been so easy to do. Hit a high note in soprano range and
stick your tongue out. :)
--
Moni

fmomoon

Apr 3, 2009, 1:26:15 AM4/3/09

"alia robinson" <ali...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Ryan may be learning to pay attention. When was the last time he tried to
do a sudden *high five* on Scott?
--
Moni

fmomoon

Apr 3, 2009, 1:26:45 AM4/3/09

"dixichik" <oneida...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Dixi...........corner.
--
Moni

fmomoon

Apr 3, 2009, 1:27:26 AM4/3/09

"alia robinson" <ali...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Alia, you may join Dixi in the corner. LOL Dixie, you're being such a bad
influence on Alia!
--
Moni

Larc

Apr 3, 2009, 1:29:22 AM4/3/09

I hope "Life" gets its second wind. Also, I hope "Chuck" survives. It's one of
the best written lighter series on TV, IMHO.

Larc

alia robinson

Apr 3, 2009, 5:40:38 AM4/3/09

"fmomoon" <fmo...@comcast.net> wrote in message
Honey, I don't need a bad influence..If you knew how many gutter thoughts I
have a day..well, I won't tell you.

Alia

Larc

Apr 3, 2009, 7:55:26 AM4/3/09

Well, the guys could have at least managed the second part. ;)

Larc

dixichik

Apr 3, 2009, 10:24:50 AM4/3/09
On Apr 3, 12:26 am, "fmomoon" <fmom...@comcast.net> wrote:
> "dixichik" <oneidacoll...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Moni- Hide quoted text -

Awwww, man........

dixichik

Apr 3, 2009, 10:25:16 AM4/3/09
On Apr 3, 12:27 am, "fmomoon" <fmom...@comcast.net> wrote:
> "alia robinson" <ali...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > "dixichik" <oneidacoll...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> Must resist.......
>
> >> Oh hell, I gotta say it.  Ryan's just wishing he could rub a different
> >> sweaty head!
>
> >> There, now I feel better.  ;D
>
> > ROTFL..we're so bad..I went there too.
>
> > Alia
>
> Alia, you may join Dixi in the corner. LOL Dixie, you're being such a bad
> influence on Alia!
> --
> Moni- Hide quoted text -

I tries! :D

dixichik

Apr 3, 2009, 10:25:57 AM4/3/09
On Apr 3, 4:40 am, "alia robinson" <ali...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "fmomoon" <fmom...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> > "alia robinson" <ali...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> >> "dixichik" <oneidacoll...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> ROTFL..we're so bad..I went there too.
>
> >> Alia
>
> > Alia, you may join Dixi in the corner. LOL Dixie, you're being such a bad
> > influence on Alia!
> > --
> > Moni
>
> Honey, I don't need a bad influence..If you knew how many gutter thoughts I
> have a day..well, I won't tell you.
>
> Alia- Hide quoted text -

Hee-hee, we are going to have so much fun in that corner.........

Mike

Apr 3, 2009, 10:32:45 AM4/3/09
On Apr 2, 11:43 am, sa...@dog.com wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 21:18:18 -0700 (PDT), Rachel <rachel...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >I know everybody here hates Megan, and I agree that she was the right
> >person to go home tonight, but I thought she sounded way better
> >tonight than she did last night!  And I felt really sad and even
> >teared up a little when she said she was going home to her baby and
> >started crying.
>
> Not everybody hates Megan. I didn't think she had a chance in hell of
> winning, but I thought she added a bright little spot of her own to
> the show that I'm going to miss.
>
> "If only the birds with the prettiest song were allowed to sing, the
> forest would be a very dreary place."

Salty....you are such a softy! This post got me a little misty.

Micki Epstein

Apr 3, 2009, 11:10:27 AM4/3/09
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 00:38:13 -0400, Jason Wuthrich wrote:

> As for me, I never watched "Life". Mom likes it, but NBC always put it up
> against something else she likes. Last year it was on Wednesday at 10, but
> Mom and I watched "CSI: NY" instead. Friday at 10 it was "Numb3rs", and
> Wednesday nights it's AI _and_ CM. "Life" is in a no-win situation.

Jason, if your Mom can lwatch on a computer screen you should check out
http://www.hulu.com
It has the episodes of many programs (including Life).

Micki

Jason Wuthrich

Apr 3, 2009, 11:11:28 AM4/3/09
"Tin@" <tinas...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Awww, man I took you at your word. So Life isn't for sure cancelled??

My apologies if I got you going.

> This season hasnt been as good, with Reese barely in the show. The
> show is good because of the relationship between Crews and Reese, with
> her out of the picture, for all intents and purposes, the show hasn't
> been as good. Even I've stopped watching it because the line up is
> too much for that night, figuring I'd catch it in reruns.

Isn't it repurposed on some NBC-owned cable channel? But I do remember
Gabrielle Union from "Bring it On".
--

DO-OVER http://gswarehouse.fortunecity.com/certainty-idol/do-over.html

Tin@

Apr 3, 2009, 11:40:49 AM4/3/09
On Apr 3, 8:11 am, "Jason Wuthrich" <tjwuthr...@verizon.net_spamtrap>
wrote:
> "Tin@" <tinas49...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Awww, man I took you at your word.  So Life isn't for sure cancelled??
>
> My apologies if I got you going.

No problem, I'm getting used to my shows getting cancelled. :(

> > This season hasnt been as good, with Reese barely in the show.  The
> > show is good because of the relationship between Crews and Reese, with
> > her out of the picture, for all intents and purposes, the show hasn't
> > been as good.  Even I've stopped watching it because the line up is
> > too much for that night, figuring I'd catch it in reruns.
>
> Isn't it repurposed on some NBC-owned cable channel?  But I do remember
> Gabrielle Union from "Bring it On".

I dunno.

> --
> American Idol 8 Certainty Contesthttp://gswarehouse.fortunecity.com/certainty-idol/

> DO-OVERhttp://gswarehouse.fortunecity.com/certainty-idol/do-over.html

echos

Apr 3, 2009, 12:03:58 PM4/3/09
"alia robinson" <ali...@gmail.com> wrote in message

LOL! (Just thinking it doesn't get me sent to the corner, too, does it?)

--
Echo

Vandar

Apr 3, 2009, 12:38:24 PM4/3/09
sa...@dog.com wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 21:18:18 -0700 (PDT), Rachel <rach...@gmail.com>

> wrote:
>

>>I know everybody here hates Megan, and I agree that she was the right
>>person to go home tonight, but I thought she sounded way better
>>tonight than she did last night! And I felt really sad and even
>>teared up a little when she said she was going home to her baby and
>>started crying.
>

> Not everybody hates Megan. I didn't think she had a chance in hell of
> winning, but I thought she added a bright little spot of her own to
> the show that I'm going to miss.
>
> "If only the birds with the prettiest song were allowed to sing, the
> forest would be a very dreary place."

Yeah, but at least the monkeys would be able to get some sleep.

Jason Wuthrich

Apr 3, 2009, 1:54:20 PM4/3/09
"Micki Epstein" <mos...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> Jason, if your Mom can lwatch on a computer screen you should check out
> http://www.hulu.com
> It has the episodes of many programs (including Life).

She knows about Hulu. The only thing she has been lacking is time to watch
it. But as soon as she gets her store cleared out for whosoever should buy
it, she'll have all the time she needs...unless she gets sucked into MSNBC,
Food Network, or "NCIS" repeats on USA (she's a big fan of Mark Harmon).

fmomoon

Apr 3, 2009, 8:43:40 PM4/3/09

"alia robinson" <ali...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Just like 90% of this group, our minds do "go there." :) By the way, you
did hear, didn't you, that the corner is quite plush and has our own cabana
boy to bring you drinks. Psst...don't tell the guys, they'll be jellus!
--
Moni

fmomoon

Apr 3, 2009, 8:44:22 PM4/3/09

"Larc" <la...@notmyaddress.com> wrote in message

Okay, give Lil the job. She would have hit a high note or two.
--
Moni

fmomoon

Apr 3, 2009, 8:45:01 PM4/3/09

"dixichik" <oneida...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Awwww, man........
----------
psst...Dixi....other corner....the one with the cute cabana boys....
--
Moni

fmomoon

Apr 3, 2009, 8:45:33 PM4/3/09

"dixichik" <oneida...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I tries! :D
------------
Yes, you do. Use your power for good, Dixi! LOL
--
Moni

fmomoon

Apr 3, 2009, 8:47:03 PM4/3/09

"echos" <ab...@localhost.com> wrote in message
The women's section has a space available, if you're interested. The
guys...they're on their own...
--
Moni