OT/ Older TV Show You Miss?

Judy Haffner

Sep 17, 2011, 12:14:16 PM9/17/11

Do you have an older TV show from the past that you use to watch all the
time, and miss seeing? Some of the older ones, like "Sanford & Sons"
they still show on syndicated TV, and are every bit as funny as they
were when on the air live. My hubby prefers watching those shows, over
the newer shows, that are on TV now, and will still laugh his head off.
He thinks there is far too many Reality shows on the channels, and he
refuses to watch any of them.

I always liked the Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy, Jackie Gleason Show,
Name That Tune, Roseanne, Friends, Seinfeld show, Home Improvement, ER,
Chicago Hope and Fresh Prince Of Bellaire, and Party Of Five...to name
a few.

Judy

Tin@

Sep 17, 2011, 12:55:39 PM9/17/11
All In The Family.
Message has been deleted

XAN

Sep 17, 2011, 8:37:43 PM9/17/11
On 9/17/2011 11:57 AM, Fille wrote:
> On Sep 17, 12:14 pm, jhaff...@webtv.net (Judy Haffner) wrote:
>> Do you have an older TV show from the past that you use to watch all the
>> time, and miss seeing? Some of the older ones, like "Sanford& Sons"
>> they still show on syndicated TV, and are every bit as funny as they
>> were when on the air live. My hubby prefers watching those shows, over
>> the newer shows, that are on TV now, and will still laugh his head off.
>> He thinks there is far too many Reality shows on the channels, and he
>> refuses to watch any of them.
>>
>> I always liked the Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy, Jackie Gleason Show,
>> Name That Tune, Roseanne, Friends, Seinfeld show, Home Improvement, ER,
>> Chicago Hope and Fresh Prince Of Bellaire, and Party Of Five...to name
>> a few.
>>
>> Judy
>

> I miss the old 50s/60s shows in general:
> Some off the top of my head are the Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy
> (my favorite), Jackie Gleason Show, Leave it to Beaver, Father Knows
> Best, The Honeymooners, Green Acres, Petticoat Junction...... I have
> the entire series of Lucy on DVD and I'd love to get the Andy Griffith
> and Beaver ones too. If I see any of them now they ARE cheesy but it's
> a charming cheesy. The stuff now just bores me.
> I liked Name That Tune and an old Bob Barker game show I loved called
> Truth or Consequences.
> I was a fan of Roseanne, King of Queens and Seinfeld of course (not
> that there's anything wrong with that)!! Seinfeld junkies will get
> that reference. ;-)
> A few others I'm recalling - The Ed Sullivan Show, Wonderful World of
> Disney, Dark Shadows, Loony Toons........

My husband was on Name that Tune in 1976. He won, but didn't get the
big money - missed it by one song!

Xan

Judy Haffner

Sep 17, 2011, 10:42:15 PM9/17/11

Fille wrote:

>I miss the old 50s/60s shows in general:
> Some off the top of my head are the
> Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy (my
> favorite), Jackie Gleason Show, Leave it
> to Beaver, Father Knows Best, The
> Honeymooners, Green Acres, Petticoat
> Junction...... I have the entire series of
> Lucy on DVD and I'd love to get the
> Andy Griffith and Beaver ones too. If I
> see any of them now they ARE cheesy
> but it's a charming cheesy. The stuff
> now just bores me. I liked Name That
> Tune and an old Bob Barker game show
> I loved called Truth or Consequences.

>I was a fan of Roseanne, King of Queens
> and Seinfeld of course (not that there's
> anything wrong with that)!! Seinfeld
> junkies will get that reference. ;-)
>A few others I'm recalling - The Ed
> Sullivan Show, Wonderful World of
> Disney, Dark Shadows, Loony
> Toons........

I forgot about The Ed Sullivan Show...that was the show where I first
saw Elvis, and never was the same after that! ;-) I also watched King Of
Queens, and Green Acres.

Some others I remembered later, after I made the original post, were
Luverne & Shirley, The Odd Couple, Three's Company (loved John Ritter
and The Ropers in there, and now all 3 have passed on) Also My So Called
Life with Claire Danes and Birds Of Paradise, that had Seth Green in it,
also First Edition. I think that was the name of it...it was about this
guy getting the newspaper the day before, and knew what was going to
happen before it actually did.

Judy

Judy Haffner

Sep 17, 2011, 10:44:07 PM9/17/11

Tin@ wrote:

>All In The Family.

That was another good one I forgot about. I know there has been many
over the years, but hard to remember them all.

Judy

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

regga

Sep 18, 2011, 12:46:25 AM9/18/11
The Mary Tyler Moore show of course! Also, have fond memories of Happy Days,
Laverne & Shirley..even tho those were re creations of older days..
"Judy Haffner" <jhaf...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Cheri

Sep 18, 2011, 12:57:32 AM9/18/11
"Zob" <zobva1 @ gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 08:14:16 -0800, jhaf...@webtv.net (Judy Haffner)
> wrote:
>

>>Do you have an older TV show from the past that you use to watch all the
>>time, and miss seeing?
>
> I miss all the good old-fashioned variety shows like Carol Burnette,
> Dinah Shore, Andy Williams, HeeHaw, Barbara Mandrell, Glen Campbell.
> Those were all great variety shows that were fun, had silliness and
> skits -- and had good music too. Sheer escape from the drudgery of
> life.
> --
> Zob

I hated most of those old variety shows, but I did like "Hit Parade" and
"Sing Along with Mitch." For weekly shows I liked the westerns like "Have
Gun Will Travel" "The Rebel" and shows like that. Then "Streets of San
Francisco" and "Mod Squad" took over.

Cheri

regga

Sep 18, 2011, 1:20:07 AM9/18/11
& bob newhart.. I always thought he was not appreciated enough!

Tin@

Sep 18, 2011, 1:56:12 AM9/18/11
On Sep 17, 9:46 pm, "regga" <regga...@olypen.com> wrote:
> The Mary Tyler Moore show of course!

Of course! That's a clasic that I love, love!

>Also, have fond memories of Happy Days,
> Laverne & Shirley..even tho those were re creations of older days.."Judy Haffner" <jhaff...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> > Do you have an older TV show from the past that you use to watch all the
> > time, and miss seeing? Some of the older ones, like "Sanford & Sons"
> > they still show on syndicated TV, and are every bit as funny as they
> > were when on the air live. My hubby prefers watching those shows, over
> > the newer shows, that are on TV now, and will still laugh his head off.
> > He thinks there is far too many Reality shows on the channels, and he
> > refuses to watch any of them.
>
> > I always liked the Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy, Jackie Gleason Show,
> > Name That Tune, Roseanne, Friends, Seinfeld show, Home Improvement, ER,
> > Chicago Hope and Fresh Prince Of Bellaire,  and Party Of Five...to name
> > a few.
>
> > Judy- Hide quoted text -

Tin@

Sep 18, 2011, 1:58:25 AM9/18/11
On Sep 17, 10:20 pm, "regga" <regga...@olypen.com> wrote:
> & bob newhart.. I always thought he was not appreciated enough!

Another good one and Newhart too!

> "Judy Haffner" <jhaff...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> > Do you have an older TV show from the past that you use to watch all the
> > time, and miss seeing? Some of the older ones, like "Sanford & Sons"
> > they still show on syndicated TV, and are every bit as funny as they
> > were when on the air live. My hubby prefers watching those shows, over
> > the newer shows, that are on TV now, and will still laugh his head off.
> > He thinks there is far too many Reality shows on the channels, and he
> > refuses to watch any of them.
>
> > I always liked the Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy, Jackie Gleason Show,
> > Name That Tune, Roseanne, Friends, Seinfeld show, Home Improvement, ER,
> > Chicago Hope and Fresh Prince Of Bellaire,  and Party Of Five...to name
> > a few.

Tin@

Sep 18, 2011, 2:06:27 AM9/18/11
On Sep 17, 10:20 pm, "regga" <regga...@olypen.com> wrote:
> & bob newhart.. I always thought he was not appreciated enough!

Another good one and Newhart too!

> "Judy Haffner" <jhaff...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> > Do you have an older TV show from the past that you use to watch all the
> > time, and miss seeing? Some of the older ones, like "Sanford & Sons"
> > they still show on syndicated TV, and are every bit as funny as they
> > were when on the air live. My hubby prefers watching those shows, over
> > the newer shows, that are on TV now, and will still laugh his head off.
> > He thinks there is far too many Reality shows on the channels, and he
> > refuses to watch any of them.
>
> > I always liked the Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy, Jackie Gleason Show,
> > Name That Tune, Roseanne, Friends, Seinfeld show, Home Improvement, ER,
> > Chicago Hope and Fresh Prince Of Bellaire,  and Party Of Five...to name
> > a few.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

XAN

Sep 18, 2011, 12:38:53 PM9/18/11
On 9/17/2011 10:09 PM, Zob wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 19:37:43 -0500, XAN<X...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> My husband was on Name that Tune in 1976. He won, but didn't get the
>> big money - missed it by one song!
>>
>> Xan
>
> Cool! Was Kathy Lee doing the "la la la's" back then?

Yep! It was an experience that he'd never do again (too much time spent
waiting to get on stage, not even knowing if he would or not), even
though they asked him to appear again several years later when the show
was revived.

Xan

XAN

Sep 18, 2011, 12:44:11 PM9/18/11
On 9/18/2011 10:57 AM, Fille wrote:
>> Xan- Hide quoted text -

> Oh wow - that's cool. He must have done very well except for the one
> song.
> Do you recall if he got parting prizes? I remember some game shows
> were big on things like *a year's supply of Rice a Roni!!! :-)

He got a bunch of prizes, including two Schwinn bikes, a Honda CT70
motorcycle, cash, and other things. He actually guessed two songs on
one note only! He was quite impressive. I can't even remember all the
stuff he won.

Xan

Ron Capik

Sep 18, 2011, 1:16:47 PM9/18/11
On 9/18/2011 12:13 PM, Fille wrote:
> On Sep 17, 11:07 pm, Zob<zobva1 @ gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 08:14:16 -0800, jhaff...@webtv.net (Judy Haffner)
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Do you have an older TV show from the past that you use to watch all the
>>> time, and miss seeing?
>>
>> I miss all the good old-fashioned variety shows like Carol Burnette,
>> Dinah Shore, Andy Williams, HeeHaw, Barbara Mandrell, Glen Campbell.
>> Those were all great variety shows that were fun, had silliness and
>> skits -- and had good music too. Sheer escape from the drudgery of
>> life.
>> --
>> Zob
>>
>> "So You Think You Can Dance" Season 6 Certainty Contest Champion
>

> Same here, zob. The Carol Burnett show was probably the best variety
> show on. I also watched Sonny& Cher, HeeHaw, Laugh-in and did see
> some of Dinah Shore and the other talk shows of the day - Dick Cavett,
> Mike Douglas, Merv Griffin.

I miss some of the precursors to
Saturday Night Live, like:
Laugh In
That Was The Week That Was
The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour
==
A few more I also miss are
Rocky and His Friends,
Science Fiction Theater,
Twilight Zone...

Later...
Ron C
--
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Moni

Sep 18, 2011, 4:37:47 PM9/18/11

"Judy Haffner" <jhaf...@webtv.net> wrote in message

My mom loves "Golden Girls." I don't have a lot of television shows I
watch, but I don't seem to mind reruns of home improvement shows or house
hunting shows.
--
Moni

No sig.

XAN

Sep 19, 2011, 1:50:14 AM9/19/11
On 9/18/2011 1:44 PM, Fille wrote:

> "XAN" <X...@nospam.com> wrote in message
>
>>> My husband was on Name that Tune in 1976. He won, but didn't get the

>>> Oh wow - that's cool. He must have done very well except for the one
>>> song.
>>> Do you recall if he got parting prizes? I remember some game shows
>>> were big on things like *a year's supply of Rice a Roni!!! :-)
>>

>> He got a bunch of prizes, including two Schwinn bikes, a Honda CT70
>> motorcycle, cash, and other things. He actually guessed two songs on
>> one note only! He was quite impressive. I can't even remember all the
>> stuff he won.
>>
>> Xan
>

> That's a good deal! I know *we* can sit home and think *I could do that*
> but it's not as easy as it looks.....especially guessing songs on one
> note - virtually impossible. He must know his stuff!!!

It was hilarious preparing for the show. We had all kinds of old sheet
music, and I'd play them on the piano and he'd guess, just like that old
Honeymooners show when Norton was playing the piano for Ralph Kramden,
preparing for a game show. My husband has always had that kind of
memory. He remembers every song he's ever heard and every joke he's
ever heard. I've never seen anything like it.

Xan

XAN

Sep 19, 2011, 1:53:05 AM9/19/11
On 9/17/2011 10:07 PM, Zob wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 08:14:16 -0800, jhaf...@webtv.net (Judy Haffner)
> wrote:
>

>> Do you have an older TV show from the past that you use to watch all the
>> time, and miss seeing?
>
> I miss all the good old-fashioned variety shows like Carol Burnette,
> Dinah Shore, Andy Williams, HeeHaw, Barbara Mandrell, Glen Campbell.
> Those were all great variety shows that were fun, had silliness and
> skits -- and had good music too. Sheer escape from the drudgery of
> life.

Carol Burnett was best for sheer comedy, IMO, with her fantastic cast of
players and characters. Remember the dentist (Tim Conway) who
accidentally injected himself with novacaine? I laugh just thinking
about it.

Xan

XAN

Sep 19, 2011, 1:54:24 AM9/19/11
On 9/18/2011 11:13 AM, Fille wrote:
> On Sep 17, 11:07 pm, Zob<zobva1 @ gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 08:14:16 -0800, jhaff...@webtv.net (Judy Haffner)

>> wrote:
>>

>>> Do you have an older TV show from the past that you use to watch all the
>>> time, and miss seeing?
>>
>> I miss all the good old-fashioned variety shows like Carol Burnette,
>> Dinah Shore, Andy Williams, HeeHaw, Barbara Mandrell, Glen Campbell.
>> Those were all great variety shows that were fun, had silliness and
>> skits -- and had good music too. Sheer escape from the drudgery of
>> life.
>> --
>> Zob
>>
>> "So You Think You Can Dance" Season 6 Certainty Contest Champion
>

> Same here, zob. The Carol Burnett show was probably the best variety
> show on. I also watched Sonny& Cher, HeeHaw, Laugh-in and did see
> some of Dinah Shore and the other talk shows of the day - Dick Cavett,
> Mike Douglas, Merv Griffin.

I was madly in love with Dick Cavett! Loved his dry wit.

Xan

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

XAN

Sep 19, 2011, 9:00:13 AM9/19/11
On 9/19/2011 7:18 AM, Fille wrote:

> "XAN" <X...@nospam.com> wrote in message
> You need to get that man on Jeopardy!!!!!

LOL! He watches it every day, but his memory doesn't work as well on
obscure facts as it does on songs and jokes!

Xan
Message has been deleted

XAN

Sep 19, 2011, 4:52:59 PM9/19/11
On 9/19/2011 8:28 AM, Fille wrote:

> "XAN" <X...@nospam.com> wrote in message
> My mother is always joking that she can remember these obscure facts
> that have nothing to do with anything but ask her what she did the
> minute before or where her keys, glasses or remote are and she's a
> blubbering fool!!! ;-p

Yeah, that happens. I used to have a great memory, but it has been
slipping the past few years. It's kinda scary and sad, but that's life
for the "aged!"

Xan
Message has been deleted

bella

Sep 19, 2011, 8:25:26 PM9/19/11

"Judy Haffner" <jhaf...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> Do you have an older TV show from the past that you use to watch all the
> time, and miss seeing? Some of the older ones, like "Sanford & Sons"
> they still show on syndicated TV, and are every bit as funny as they
> were when on the air live. My hubby prefers watching those shows, over
> the newer shows, that are on TV now, and will still laugh his head off.
> He thinks there is far too many Reality shows on the channels, and he
> refuses to watch any of them.
>
> I always liked the Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy, Jackie Gleason Show,
> Name That Tune, Roseanne, Friends, Seinfeld show, Home Improvement, ER,
> Chicago Hope and Fresh Prince Of Bellaire, and Party Of Five...to name
> a few.
>
> Judy

Northern Exposure & Picket Fences. Judy, have you seen the new Roseanne
show yet? 'Roseanne's Nuts'?

bella

bella

Sep 19, 2011, 8:29:07 PM9/19/11

"XAN" <X...@nospam.com> wrote in message
That's cool, Xan. Do you recall what song stumped him?

bella

Sep 19, 2011, 8:32:55 PM9/19/11

"Fille" <fille...@peacemail.com> wrote in message
On Sep 17, 10:42 pm, jhaff...@webtv.net (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> Fille wrote:

I think this is one of these threads where our memories are going to
be triggered as we read what everyone puts down. I also watched the
first three comedies you mentioned (tho now I couldn't sit and watch
them)
A few dramas I really liked was called "Family" with Sada Thompson and
a very young Kristy McNichol. One I really liked was called "A Year in
the Life" with Richard Kiley and a very young Sarah Jessica Parker. I
think that only lasted a few seasons and I was so bummed when it went
off.
I was also a HUGE fan of the old documentary (I think it was
considered the first reality show) called "An American Family" about
the Louds. It followed them thru the parent's marrital troubles,
divorce, the typical stuff teens go thru and the sagas of their gay
son Lance. I was addicted to that one.

--------

I remember those, Fille. And Hawaiin Eye & 77 Sunset Strip. I was a Cagney
& Lacy 'a-holic too.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Vandar

Sep 19, 2011, 8:44:57 PM9/19/11
bella wrote:
> "Judy Haffner" <jhaf...@webtv.net> wrote in message
>
>>Do you have an older TV show from the past that you use to watch all the
>>time, and miss seeing? Some of the older ones, like "Sanford & Sons"
>>they still show on syndicated TV, and are every bit as funny as they
>>were when on the air live. My hubby prefers watching those shows, over
>>the newer shows, that are on TV now, and will still laugh his head off.
>>He thinks there is far too many Reality shows on the channels, and he
>>refuses to watch any of them.
>>
>>I always liked the Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy, Jackie Gleason Show,
>>Name That Tune, Roseanne, Friends, Seinfeld show, Home Improvement, ER,
>>Chicago Hope and Fresh Prince Of Bellaire, and Party Of Five...to name
>>a few.
>>
>>Judy
>>

> Northern Exposure

Janine Turner was hot on that show.

A few that pop into my mind:
MASH
That 70's Show
Whose Line Is It Anyway (either version)
RPM 2Night

Cheri

Sep 19, 2011, 8:52:44 PM9/19/11
"bella" <tinyd...@biteme.com> wrote in message
I hate that show, but I liked the Roseanne sitcom.

Cheri

Ron Capik

Sep 19, 2011, 8:55:19 PM9/19/11
On 9/19/2011 8:33 PM, SLGreg wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 20:25:26 -0400, "bella"<tinyd...@biteme.com>
> wrote:
>

>> "Judy Haffner"<jhaf...@webtv.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Do you have an older TV show from the past that you use to watch all the
>>> time, and miss seeing? Some of the older ones, like "Sanford& Sons"

>>> they still show on syndicated TV, and are every bit as funny as they
>>> were when on the air live. My hubby prefers watching those shows, over
>>> the newer shows, that are on TV now, and will still laugh his head off.
>>> He thinks there is far too many Reality shows on the channels, and he
>>> refuses to watch any of them.
>>>
>>> I always liked the Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy, Jackie Gleason Show,
>>> Name That Tune, Roseanne, Friends, Seinfeld show, Home Improvement, ER,
>>> Chicago Hope and Fresh Prince Of Bellaire, and Party Of Five...to name
>>> a few.
>>>
>>> Judy
>>>

>> Northern Exposure& Picket Fences. Judy, have you seen the new Roseanne

>> show yet? 'Roseanne's Nuts'?
>>

>> bella
>>

> Six Feet Under, Pushing Up Daisies, Arrested Development, Twilight
> Zone, and Ed. I'll miss Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Modern Family and
> Dexter after they're long gone, too.
> --
> greg

"Ed" brings back so many memories for me. I attended
a number of concerts in that big white church they show
in the intro, and one of my alternate routes to work was
through that town. I so wanted to catch one of their
shoots but never quite managed to. :-(

[ Totally had a thing for Sabrina Lloyd, to say
nothing of Julie Bowen. ]

Later...
Ron C

bella

Sep 19, 2011, 9:09:26 PM9/19/11

"SLGreg" <SLG...@madeitup.com> wrote in message
> There was recent Showtime (or HBO...I forget which) movie of the Louds
> of Santa Barbara, entitled "Cinema Verite," starring Diane Lane and
> Tim Robbins. "An American Family" was a groundbreaking documentary
> (and the first ever "Reality TV") at the time and I was hooked, as
> well (1971).
>
> I watched the HBO movie the other night and other than the very
> impressive impersonations by the two leads, it wasn't very good.
> --
> greg

I remember feeling a bit, almost embarrassed, or perhaps more as if I were a
'peeping tom' watching the Louds. It was well before the time of reality
TV, and it was a family 'coming apart at the seams.' I recall a movie
quite awhile ago, IIRC it was called 'Shoot The Moon.' A good movie, almost
too real. Like the first time I saw 'An Unmarried Woman.' Like you, I was
hooked on the Louds, even though I did feel a bit like I was snooping on a
neighbors privacy. IIRC, didn't they do an update some time after the show
had ended?

bella

Sandi

Sep 19, 2011, 9:33:45 PM9/19/11
On Sep 17, 12:14 pm, jhaff...@webtv.net (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> Do you have an older TV show from the past that you use to watch all the
> time, and miss seeing? Some of the older ones, like "Sanford & Sons"
> they still show on syndicated TV, and are every bit as funny as they
> were when on the air live. My hubby prefers watching those shows, over
> the newer shows, that are on TV now, and will still laugh his head off.
> He thinks there is far too many Reality shows on the channels, and he
> refuses to watch any of them.
>
> I always liked the Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy, Jackie Gleason Show,
> Name That Tune, Roseanne, Friends, Seinfeld show, Home Improvement, ER,
> Chicago Hope and Fresh Prince Of Bellaire,  and Party Of Five...to name
> a few.
>
> Judy

That's easy...Carol Burnett!

Sandi

Sandi

Sep 19, 2011, 9:39:03 PM9/19/11
On Sep 19, 8:25 pm, "bella" <tinydan...@biteme.com> wrote:
> "Judy Haffner" <jhaff...@webtv.net> wrote in message
> bella- Hide quoted text -

Oooh, I was totally addicted to Northern Exposure - not on CBS but
when it was in reruns on USA or somewhere.

Sandi
Message has been deleted

bella

Sep 19, 2011, 11:21:30 PM9/19/11

> "bella" <tinyd...@biteme.com> wrote in message

>> "SLGreg" <SLG...@madeitup.com> wrote in message
>
>>> There was recent Showtime (or HBO...I forget which) movie of the Louds
>>> of Santa Barbara, entitled "Cinema Verite," starring Diane Lane and
>>> Tim Robbins. "An American Family" was a groundbreaking documentary
>>> (and the first ever "Reality TV") at the time and I was hooked, as
>>> well (1971).
>>>
>>> I watched the HBO movie the other night and other than the very
>>> impressive impersonations by the two leads, it wasn't very good.
>>> --
>>> greg
>>

>> I remember feeling a bit, almost embarrassed, or perhaps more as if I
>> were a 'peeping tom' watching the Louds. It was well before the time of
>> reality TV, and it was a family 'coming apart at the seams.' I recall
>> a movie quite awhile ago, IIRC it was called 'Shoot The Moon.' A good
>> movie, almost too real. Like the first time I saw 'An Unmarried Woman.'
>> Like you, I was hooked on the Louds, even though I did feel a bit like I
>> was snooping on a neighbors privacy. IIRC, didn't they do an update
>> some time after the show had ended?
>>

>> bella
>>

> That's exactly what it was, bella - a family coming apart at the seams. It
> fascinated me because we'd never seen anything like that. Today it was
> just blend in with all the other stuff and probably be scripted.
> I love that movie "Shoot the Moon" with Albert Finney and Diane Keaton.
> Finney STOLE that movie (not a Keaton fan).
> I'm not sure about an updated show on the Louds. I am pretty sure there
> was a documentary about Lance after his life on the show. He became the
> most infamous of them all. I know if there was one out I rented it.

Again, IIRC, and it's been a long time ago, the Loud family update I was
thinking of was shown shortly after the original. Like maybe the next
season, in the old time spot or something. I seem to recall seeing it by
chance.

Yeah, I was never a big Diane Keaton fan either, but for some reason I did
like that movie. Again, IIRC, I thought one of my favorite Bob Seeger songs
was in that movie, 'Still The Same'. For some reason I relate that song to
the movie.

bella

bella

Sep 19, 2011, 11:27:44 PM9/19/11

"Sandi" <sandiw...@gmail.com> wrote in message
----------------

I loved it too, especially the first number of seasons. I loved the Ruth
Ann character. She was a hoot! I remember her describing her sons to
someone. Her younger son did all these crazy things, she listed off a whole
bunch of *stuff* he did, like hitch-hike across somewhere, join the peace
corps, worked in a village somewhere, etc. The person she was talking to
asked 'what about your other son?" And Ruth Ann says 'oh, he's an
investment banker in NYC' in a voice as if she was 'not too proud' of
*him*. Like he was something to be embarrassed by. I loved the way
everything was 'ass-end backwards' on Northern Exposure. All my kind of
people, my kind of stuff. :-) I didn't know it was on USA. Wish I'd
have seen it again. I saw it the first time around.

bella

Judy Haffner

Sep 20, 2011, 1:33:45 AM9/20/11

Vandar wrote:

>Whose Line Is It Anyway (either version)

I forgot about that one....my daughter and I never missed it...great
show!

Judy

Judy Haffner

Sep 20, 2011, 1:30:13 AM9/20/11

Bella wrote:

>Northern Exposure & Picket Fences.
> Judy, have you seen the new Roseanne
> show yet? 'Roseanne's Nuts'?

I never did watch those two shows you mentioned, but I know Northern
Exposure was a real popular show in it's day. No, I haven't seen the new
Roseanne show..is the name of it "Roseanne's Nuts", or is that you're
comment after watching it? =:-}

Judy

Message has been deleted

XAN

Sep 20, 2011, 9:08:16 AM9/20/11
Yeah, it was "Rosie's Song" from some movie (can't remember the name),
and it was the only one he missed during the final countdown. Just
broke my heart! He was never good at remembering movie themes,
unfortunately, and he struggled with this one.

Xan
Message has been deleted

Suzanne

Oct 6, 2011, 11:42:53 PM10/6/11

> On 9/17/2011 10:09 PM, Zob wrote:
>> On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 19:37:43 -0500, XAN<X...@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>> My husband was on Name that Tune in 1976. He won, but didn't get the
>>> big money - missed it by one song!
>>>
>>> Xan
>>
>> Cool! Was Kathy Lee doing the "la la la's" back then?
>

> Yep!

No. Kathy Lee came a few years after Dad was on.
--S.

Suzanne

Oct 6, 2011, 11:53:59 PM10/6/11

"XAN" <X...@nospam.com> wrote in message
On the video of the show, the most heartbreaking moment is when the clock is
ticking down on that last song (he had something like 11 seconds to spare
after he got all the other songs, so he had a LOT of time left!), and
there's a shot of Xan in the audience with her hands clasped under her chin;
she's rocking a little, her face is really distressed...almost tears in her
eyes...and she's mouthing, "Come on Jim..." It makes me a little teary-eyed
every time I watch it. (Samples of the video can be found on my FB page for
anyone who is interested.)

That final song actually had three titles: "It Was a Good Time," "Rosy's
Theme," and the Theme from "Ryan's Daughter." Several years later, when we
were watching Name That Tune one night, that song came up again...and he got
the title wrong AGAIN! (He called it "It Was a Grand Time.")
--S.

Moni

Oct 7, 2011, 1:11:37 AM10/7/11

"Suzanne" <fakead...@fakeaddress.com> wrote in message