Name of Bar

macpro

Nov 5, 2007, 9:34:33 AM11/5/07
Anoyone know if the bar where Ally McBeal and the others in her firm
hung out at after hours???

Gandalf

Nov 13, 2007, 11:17:32 AM11/13/07
"macpro" <nos...@nospam.net> wrote in message

> Anoyone know if the bar where Ally McBeal and the others in her firm
> hung out at after hours???

It was called "Martini Bar".

Apologies for the delay in responding.

Hope you see this.

Regards

Gandalf

luciana

Mar 25, 2008, 6:18:48 PM3/25/08
Sorry but how you can say that the name of the bar was "Martini"? I never
saw the name, can you explain to me where you have found it?

"Gandalf" <gandalf...@email.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

Gandalf

Apr 15, 2008, 7:03:03 AM4/15/08
[Top Posting Corrected]

"luciana" <lucia...@tiscali.it> wrote in message

> "Gandalf" <gandalf...@email.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> "macpro" <nos...@nospam.net> wrote in message
>>> Anoyone know if the bar where Ally McBeal and the others in her firm
>>> hung out at after hours???
>>
>> It was called "Martini Bar".
>>
>> Apologies for the delay in responding.
>>
>> Hope you see this.

> Sorry but how you can say that the name of the bar was "Martini"? I
> never saw the name, can you explain to me where you have found it?

Again, I must apologise for the delay in responding and again hope that you
see this. I don't swing by here as often as I ought to it would seem!

It was first confirmed in Season 4 Episode 11, "Mr. Bo".

During that episode, there was a twist contest in the bar. For the first
time, a neon sign was clearly visible, (for the very keen sighted),
displaying the name of the bar, "Martini Bar".

The sign appeared in further episodes after this, although always very
briefly.

Furthermore, in the same episode, Elaine's trophy also bore the name
"Martini Bar".

The above facts are verifiable if you have access to the episode in
question. Failing that, a quick search on the Internet will prove this to
be the case.

If you have any more questions, or I can help further, please let me know.
I'll endeavour to be more prompt in answering in future.

With Kindest Regards

Gandalf

luciana

Apr 19, 2008, 6:53:56 PM4/19/08
Thanks for the reply. :)
Can I ask you a new question? Do you know what is the birthday about ally? I
know it is in april, but not the exact day.
Thanks again.

"Gandalf" <gandalf...@email.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

Gandalf

Apr 21, 2008, 6:42:05 AM4/21/08

> Thanks for the reply. :)

You are most welcome.

> Can I ask you a new question?

You may. (The challenge lies in whether or not I can answer it. :-)

> Do you know what is the birthday about ally?
> I know it is in april, but not the exact day.

Short answer, no, although you are right that it is in April. If you
*really* need to know, then you need to watch episode 18 from Season 3
called "Turning 30".

At the start of that episode, a calendar is visible for a few frames and
Ally's birthday is circled in red. You'll need to make good use of the
pause button and hope to get lucky, but I think that's about the only way of
finding out since it is now so long since the series ceased being made and a
lot of the trivia web-sites seem to have disappeared (for obvious reasons).

> Thanks again.

One "thanks" per message is more than enough. You'll run out if you don't
use them a little more judiciously. :-)

With Kindest Regards

Gandalf

luciana

Apr 21, 2008, 6:18:01 PM4/21/08
Hi, I have seen the episode 3x18 but I'm sure that there isn't a red circle
on calendar.
We can see an apointment for "haircut", then "roses for elaine" (the
"secretary day") and another one is "teathre" but not birthday.... :(

"Gandalf" <gandalf...@email.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

Gandalf

Apr 22, 2008, 5:54:49 PM4/22/08

> Hi, I have seen the episode 3x18 but I'm sure that there isn't a red
> circle on calendar.
> We can see an apointment for "haircut", then "roses for elaine" (the
> "secretary day") and another one is "teathre" but not birthday.... :(

Sorry for leading you astray. The grey cells aren't what they used to be
and Ally was so long ago, I'm clearly mis-remembering.

I'm working away for the next three days so should I have an epiphany during
that time, I'll let you know.

Other than that, I don't think I can help you in your quest to find Ally's
birthday.

So sorry.

With Kindest Regards

Gandalf

luciana

Apr 22, 2008, 6:44:47 PM4/22/08
I'm working away for the next three days so should I have an epiphany during
that time, I'll let you know:

:-D I hope so! ;) Thanks.

"Gandalf" <gandalf...@email.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

wentwor...@aol.com

Apr 17, 2014, 8:05:07 PM4/17/14
On Monday, November 5, 2007 9:34:33 AM UTC-5, macpro wrote:
> Anoyone know if the bar where Ally McBeal and the others in her firm
> hung out at after hours???

i think the real name is the bradick[ mispelled] cafe
and it is also known as doyles
its on washington in j p [jamacia plain]02130
i also think some of peters faulks
movie the brink job was filmed there
tours from sam adams stop by there
and it is noted for its bloody marys

crazy...@gmail.com

May 18, 2020, 12:05:22 AM5/18/20
I always assumed it was named "The Bar". It's a bar that is in the same building as a law firm where many (maybe even most) patrons are lawyers. Thus it would be a play on the legal bar, eg "passing the bar".

But apparently they went with "Martini Bar" at some late point in the series. What a missed opportunity.