AIRWOLF for sale!

Anim8rFSK

May 15, 2008, 2:22:18 PM5/15/08
http://cgi.ebay.com/Airwolf-Helicopter-Replica_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategory
Z18836QQihZ014QQitemZ330234658865QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

--
Star Trek 09:

No Shat, No Show.

Anim8rFAK

May 15, 2008, 4:09:39 PM5/15/08
On Thu, 15 May 2008 11:22:18 -0700, Anim8rFSK wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/Airwolf-Helicopter-Replica_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategory
> Z18836QQihZ014QQitemZ330234658865QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Hey, bright boy, you know what you need to learn to do? Use goddamned
www.tinyurl.com. Yea, asswipe, give it a try. That way when you provide
these silly links, we'll be able to click on them and go. You stupid
troll. What's wrong with you? Are you new to the Usenet or something.
Try clicking on that link.

You fucking asswipe.
--
Star Trek TOS:

No shit, no shat*.
_________
*A past tense and a past participle of shit.

Thanatos

May 15, 2008, 5:09:58 PM5/15/08
In article <1nrtugrss9jce.1...@40tude.net>,
Anim8rFAK <ANIM...@aol.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 May 2008 11:22:18 -0700, Anim8rFSK wrote:
>
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/Airwolf-Helicopter-Replica_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategory
> > Z18836QQihZ014QQitemZ330234658865QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
>
> Hey, bright boy, you know what you need to learn to do? Use goddamned
> www.tinyurl.com. Yea, asswipe, give it a try. That way when you provide
> these silly links, we'll be able to click on them and go. You stupid
> troll. What's wrong with you? Are you new to the Usenet or something.
> Try clicking on that link.

I had no problem with it.

PV

May 15, 2008, 5:14:16 PM5/15/08
ANIM...@aol.com writes:
>Hey, bright boy, you know what you need to learn to do? Use goddamned
>www.tinyurl.com.

Get lost, loser. By the way, tinyurl is simply a malware-link trap. Only a
complete dumbass would follow a tinyurl link in a usenet post. *
like corkscrews.

ravenlynne

May 16, 2008, 1:32:39 AM5/16/08
Anim8rFAK wrote:
> On Thu, 15 May 2008 11:22:18 -0700, Anim8rFSK wrote:
>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/Airwolf-Helicopter-Replica_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategory
>> Z18836QQihZ014QQitemZ330234658865QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
>
> Hey, bright boy, you know what you need to learn to do? Use goddamned
> www.tinyurl.com. Yea, asswipe, give it a try. That way when you provide
> these silly links, we'll be able to click on them and go. You stupid
> troll. What's wrong with you? Are you new to the Usenet or something.
> Try clicking on that link.
>
> You fucking asswipe.

At least he's not a coward who hides behind a fake name to attack others.

--
Leah: That were a wee bit repulsive.
Buffy: Went okay. 'Cept I feel a little wierd about using a

Alric Knebel

May 16, 2008, 4:01:10 AM5/16/08
PV wrote:
> ANIM...@aol.com writes:
>
>>Hey, bright boy, you know what you need to learn to do? Use goddamned
>>www.tinyurl.com.
>

> Get lost, loser. By the way, tinyurl is simply a malware-link trap. Only a
> complete dumbass would follow a tinyurl link in a usenet post. *

A malware link trap? Are you one of those people who believe that Bush
bombed the towers?

--
_________________
Alric Knebel

http://www.ironeyefortress.com/C-SPAN_loon.html
http://www.ironeyefortress.com

PV

May 16, 2008, 11:51:10 AM5/16/08
Alric Knebel <al...@cableone.net> writes:
>A malware link trap? Are you one of those people who believe that Bush
>bombed the towers?

Are you a complete asshole, or are you still working on the last 5%? *

Alric Knebel

May 16, 2008, 1:34:35 PM5/16/08
PV wrote:
> Alric Knebel <al...@cableone.net> writes:
>
>>A malware link trap? Are you one of those people who believe that Bush
>>bombed the towers?
>

> Are you a complete asshole, or are you still working on the last 5%? *

No, you fucking niwit, people use short URL all the time, without a
hitch. I've clicked on lots of links provided by tinyurl. You fucking
asswipe.

How's that? Nasty enough for you, you half-wit?

Pete B

May 17, 2008, 12:50:20 PM5/17/08
In article <atropos-E8ADE3...@news.giganews.com>,
atr...@mac.com says...

Depends on your newsreader

Pete B

May 17, 2008, 12:51:01 PM5/17/08
In article <g0j69...@news4.newsguy.com>,
raven...@yahoo.spamholio.com says...

> Anim8rFAK wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 May 2008 11:22:18 -0700, Anim8rFSK wrote:
> >
> >> http://cgi.ebay.com/Airwolf-Helicopter-Replica_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategory
> >> Z18836QQihZ014QQitemZ330234658865QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
> >
> > Hey, bright boy, you know what you need to learn to do? Use goddamned
> > www.tinyurl.com. Yea, asswipe, give it a try. That way when you provide
> > these silly links, we'll be able to click on them and go. You stupid
> > troll. What's wrong with you? Are you new to the Usenet or something.
> > Try clicking on that link.
> >
> > You fucking asswipe.

You mean his real name is Anim8rFSK ? No wonder he's neurotic *G*

Pete B

May 17, 2008, 12:52:51 PM5/17/08
In article <0IWdnV2vwJcxWLDV...@giganews.com>,
al...@cableone.net says...

> PV wrote:
> > Alric Knebel <al...@cableone.net> writes:
> >
> >>A malware link trap? Are you one of those people who believe that Bush
> >>bombed the towers?
> >

> > Are you a complete asshole, or are you still working on the last 5%? *
>
> No, you fucking niwit, people use short URL all the time, without a
> hitch. I've clicked on lots of links provided by tinyurl. You fucking
> asswipe.
>
> How's that? Nasty enough for you, you half-wit?

Perhaps he is one of those people who are afraid to click on a link
where they can't see where it leads to

Alric Knebel

May 17, 2008, 1:06:30 PM5/17/08
Pete B wrote:

I'll take my chances. It's no big deal to me. The probability of links
provided here by anyone in our gang being malevolent is very slim.

Thanatos

May 17, 2008, 2:38:57 PM5/17/08
In article <MPG.22992b3b...@news.usenetserver.com>,
Pete B <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote:

Well, than that seems to be the problem of the person doing the
clicking, not the person providing the link.

Anim8rFSK

May 17, 2008, 3:44:19 PM5/17/08
In article <atropos-E57AE2...@news.giganews.com>,
Thanatos <atr...@mac.com> wrote:

And if I'd tiny URL'd it, then somebody would have complained that it
was a trap 'cause it was tiny URL'd and they couldn't see where it went.
So I'd have had to Preview Tiny URL it. I'm sure somebody would find a
way to complain about that too. :)

Alric Knebel

May 17, 2008, 4:19:17 PM5/17/08
Thanatos wrote:

I see you're using MT-NewsWatcher. Did it read a link that long? I saw
the link as broken, and since I wasn't that interested in the product, I
didn't bother doing what I'd normally do, which is copy and paste both
segments directly into the browser. I think the recommended setting for
line length is 72 characters. Someone told me that years ago, and I've
set my newsreaders that way ever since. When people provide these long
links, they're broken and unusable. Yours doesn't work that way? It
seems like most other people's do.

Thanatos

May 18, 2008, 10:21:48 AM5/18/08
In article <uNednX4SzY5aoLLV...@giganews.com>,
Alric Knebel <al...@cableone.net> wrote:

> Thanatos wrote:
>
> > In article <1nrtugrss9jce.1...@40tude.net>,
> > Anim8rFAK <ANIM...@aol.com> wrote:

> >>Hey, bright boy, you know what you need to learn to do? Use goddamned
> >>www.tinyurl.com. Yea, asswipe, give it a try. That way when you provide
> >>these silly links, we'll be able to click on them and go. You stupid
> >>troll. What's wrong with you? Are you new to the Usenet or something.
> >>Try clicking on that link.
> >

> > I had no problem with it.
>
> I see you're using MT-NewsWatcher. Did it read a link that long?

Well, it was all highlighted blue, so I guess it recognized the whole
thing as a link. I selected, copied and pasted the whole thing into my
browser all at once and it worked just fine.

Thanatos

May 18, 2008, 10:23:01 AM5/18/08
In article <ANIM8Rfsk-853A3...@news.west.cox.net>,
Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:

Yeah, it does seem like there's a significant percentage of people on
Usenet who seem to think the burden is on you to make their lives
easier. This attitude really comes out when the topic is spoilers.

Pete B

May 18, 2008, 12:11:41 PM5/18/08
In article <atropos-E57AE2...@news.giganews.com>,
atr...@mac.com says...
> In article <MPG.22992b3b...@news.usenetserver.com>,
> Pete B <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <atropos-E8ADE3...@news.giganews.com>,
> > atr...@mac.com says...

> > > I had no problem with it.
> >
> > Depends on your newsreader
>
> Well, than that seems to be the problem of the person doing the
> clicking, not the person providing the link.

Yeah, being considerate is a problem for most people.

Pete B

May 18, 2008, 12:16:22 PM5/18/08
In article <uNednX4SzY5aoLLV...@giganews.com>,
al...@cableone.net says...

> I think the recommended setting for
> line length is 72 characters. Someone told me that years ago, and I've
> set my newsreaders that way ever since.

Yes, that is the defined standard - of course almsot nobody gives a
shit.

Thanatos

May 18, 2008, 3:40:38 PM5/18/08
In article <MPG.229a73aa...@news.usenetserver.com>,
Pete B <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote:

Only if you define "being considerate" as doing other people's work for
them, in which case, why isn't it inconsiderate to expect that of
someone you don't even know?

Pete B

May 18, 2008, 5:46:32 PM5/18/08
In article <atropos-92A01E...@news.giganews.com>,

No, they are not following the line lenght standards. Their fault. Their
indifference.

Thanatos

May 18, 2008, 6:03:16 PM5/18/08
In article <MPG.229ac2274...@news.usenetserver.com>,
Pete B <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote:

You and I are apparently talking about two different things.

PV

May 19, 2008, 10:49:20 AM5/19/08
Thanatos <atr...@mac.com> writes:
>Only if you define "being considerate" as doing other people's work for
>them, in which case, why isn't it inconsiderate to expect that of
>someone you don't even know?

Even leaving aside the 'trap' aspects of tinyurl (do i really need to post
a tinyurl link to theinternetisseriousbusiness.com to make that point),
there are all sorts of reasons why these sites suck:

1) Limited lifespan
2) Loss of search capability for references to the real site
3) yet another set of ads to block
4) yet another set of tracking cookies to block
5) Speed. redirects are slow so you can see the ads
6) general pointlessness, solving a nonexistent problem

Just how hard is it to copy and paste a whole freaking url? For that
matter, many newsreaders will make a clickthrough link for you, so even the
copy and paste is unnecessary.

If I post a long link I'll generally enclose it in <> so that poor sad
fools who use microsoft products for newsreading will get a proper
clickthrough (the concept of stitching linebroken links is beyond the
ability of their software), but other than that, DEAL WITH IT.

I have to say though, this is the first time I have *ever* seen someone
demand a tinyurl link. Most people hate them. *

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Thanatos

May 20, 2008, 4:54:56 PM5/20/08
In article <v_ydnfvRUeKIcK_V...@comcast.com>,
je.s...@hehxduhmp.org wrote:

> In rec.arts.sf.tv Thanatos <atr...@mac.com> wrote:

> > Well, than that seems to be the problem of the person doing the
> > clicking, not the person providing the link.
>

> One doesn't "click" in all newsreaders. Some folks still use text
> based shell accounts you insensitive clod.

Who cares? When did it become my responsibility to take into account
every single variation on Usenet access under the sun?

Click on the link, copy it, paste it, re-type it, or tattoo it to your
ass-- I don't give a damn. Or don't look at it at all. Your choice. But
it's not my job to format it specifically to fit your personal tastes.

Pete B

May 21, 2008, 7:38:33 PM5/21/08
In article <v_ydnfXRUeLJcK_V...@comcast.com>,
je.s...@hehxduhmp.org says...

> In rec.arts.sf.tv Pete B <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote:
> > No, they are not following the line lenght standards. Their fault. Their
> > indifference.
>
> Of course, neither of you are following quoting standards ;)

Oh?

(And don't tell me cutting quotes, I do - in measured terms)

Pete B

May 21, 2008, 7:40:04 PM5/21/08
In article <atropos-608281...@news.giganews.com>,
atr...@mac.com says...

> In article <v_ydnfvRUeKIcK_V...@comcast.com>,
> je.s...@hehxduhmp.org wrote:
>
> > In rec.arts.sf.tv Thanatos <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> > > Well, than that seems to be the problem of the person doing the
> > > clicking, not the person providing the link.
> >
> > One doesn't "click" in all newsreaders. Some folks still use text
> > based shell accounts you insensitive clod.
>
> Who cares? When did it become my responsibility to take into account
> every single variation on Usenet access under the sun?

I'm constantly amazed you aren't in prison. You seem so antisocial *g*

Thanatos

May 21, 2008, 8:07:48 PM5/21/08
In article <MPG.229ed143...@news.usenetserver.com>,
Pete B <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote:

> I'm constantly amazed you aren't in prison. You seem so antisocial.

No, I'm just big on personal responsibility. No big surprise to me that
the ides of taking responsibility for yourself and not expecting
everyone to constantly do for you is considered antisocial these days.

Pete B

May 22, 2008, 9:30:22 AM5/22/08
In article <atropos-384BCB...@news.giganews.com>,
atr...@mac.com says...
> In article <MPG.229ed143...@news.usenetserver.com>,
> Pete B <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <atropos-608281...@news.giganews.com>,
> > atr...@mac.com says...

> > > Who cares? When did it become my responsibility to take into account
> > > every single variation on Usenet access under the sun?
> >
> > I'm constantly amazed you aren't in prison. You seem so antisocial.
>
> No,

Yes.

>I'm just big on personal responsibility. No big surprise to me that
> the ides of taking responsibility for yourself and not expecting
> everyone to constantly do for you is considered antisocial these days.

No, that's your excuse for being antisocial.

Message has been deleted

Thanatos

May 22, 2008, 5:18:29 PM5/22/08
In article <MPG.229f93d6a...@news.usenetserver.com>,
Pete B <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote:

> In article <atropos-384BCB...@news.giganews.com>,
> atr...@mac.com says...
> > In article <MPG.229ed143...@news.usenetserver.com>,
> > Pete B <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote:
> >
> > > In article <atropos-608281...@news.giganews.com>,
> > > atr...@mac.com says...

> > > I'm constantly amazed you aren't in prison. You seem so antisocial.

> > I'm just big on personal responsibility. No big surprise to me that

> > the ides of taking responsibility for yourself and not expecting
> > everyone to constantly do for you is considered antisocial these days.
>
> No, that's your excuse for being antisocial.

No, it's not. But I do wonder what excuse *you* have for letting your
ego grow wildly out of control to the point where you feel comfortable
making these kinds of pronouncements about people whom you've never met
and know nothing about.

Pete B

May 22, 2008, 8:01:34 PM5/22/08
In article <VNidnabjEoT9DqjV...@comcast.com>,
je.s...@hehxduhmp.org says...
> In rec.arts.sf.tv Pete B <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote:
> > (And don't tell me cutting quotes, I do - in measured terms)
>
> The post that I replied to was like 99% quoted material and a few
> pages long. That's not cutting quotes ...

Yeah you are right, sometimes i get too tired to move the fingers that
much - mea culpa :)

Message has been deleted

Pete B

May 24, 2008, 9:56:55 AM5/24/08
In article <atropos-B1B2C6...@news.giganews.com>,
atr...@mac.com says...

> > > I'm just big on personal responsibility. No big surprise to me that
> > > the ides of taking responsibility for yourself and not expecting
> > > everyone to constantly do for you is considered antisocial these days.
> >
> > No, that's your excuse for being antisocial.
>
> No, it's not. But I do wonder what excuse *you* have for letting your
> ego grow wildly out of control to the point where you feel comfortable
> making these kinds of pronouncements about people whom you've never met
> and know nothing about.

Heh, I just comment on what I've seen here - you are always "I don't
give a shit - you do it" - showing that your idea of "personal
responsibility" is to get others to do things so you don't have to. But
you are right, sometimes people are different virtually, and I haven't
met you in person. Not likely to, and what do I care. So yes, I
shouldn't - on to something else then *g*

Thanatos

May 24, 2008, 10:45:29 AM5/24/08
In article <MPG.22a23d11b...@news.usenetserver.com>,
Pete B <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote:

> In article <atropos-B1B2C6...@news.giganews.com>,
> atr...@mac.com says...

> > > No, that's your excuse for being antisocial.
> >
> > No, it's not. But I do wonder what excuse *you* have for letting your
> > ego grow wildly out of control to the point where you feel comfortable
> > making these kinds of pronouncements about people whom you've never met
> > and know nothing about.
>
> Heh, I just comment on what I've seen here

Exactly. Your data set is miniscule but you have no problem making a
diagnosis of psychopathology based on it. Only someone with a
monstrously large ego-- perhaps suffering from a narcissistic
personality disorder (See I can do it too! Isn't this fun?)-- would
think that's either appropriate or accurate.

> your idea of "personal responsibility" is to get others to
> do things so you don't have to.

My idea of personal responsibility is that people should take care of
their own needs instead of demanding that others do it for them.

If you don't want to be spoiled, don't come to a newsgroup an hour
before a season finale airs and read threads about your show that are
marked with "spoiler", then bitch and whine because the poster didn't
include enough "space" to protect you from yourself.

If you want to read a link provided in someone's post, copy and paste it
yourself instead of bitching that the poster didn't take additional
steps to make it small enough for you to be convenient.

Pete B

May 24, 2008, 3:24:00 PM5/24/08
In article <atropos-417325...@news.giganews.com>,
atr...@mac.com says...

> In article <MPG.22a23d11b...@news.usenetserver.com>,
> Pete B <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <atropos-B1B2C6...@news.giganews.com>,
> > atr...@mac.com says...

> > > No, it's not. But I do wonder what excuse *you* have for letting your
> > > ego grow wildly out of control to the point where you feel comfortable
> > > making these kinds of pronouncements about people whom you've never met
> > > and know nothing about.
> >
> > Heh, I just comment on what I've seen here
>
> Exactly.

And since I comment your behavior here, that's more than enough.

Thanatos

May 24, 2008, 3:59:03 PM5/24/08
In article <MPG.22a289b7a...@news.usenetserver.com>,
Pete B <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote:

> In article <atropos-417325...@news.giganews.com>,
> atr...@mac.com says...
> > In article <MPG.22a23d11b...@news.usenetserver.com>,
> > Pete B <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote:
> >
> > > In article <atropos-B1B2C6...@news.giganews.com>,
> > > atr...@mac.com says...

> > > Heh, I just comment on what I've seen here
> >
> > Exactly.
>
> And since I comment your behavior here, that's more than enough.

That sentence doesn't even make sense.