Brad Lieberman,1970's IL serial rapist of 7-12 gals,has finished serving out 20 yr prison sentence,but governor-WHORE OUTRAGEOUSLY refuses to let him go free,& is trying to get him involuntarily committed to loony bin,under FASCIST & unconstitutional law

Joe1orbit

Feb 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/5/00
Hello,

It always helps, to get yourself INGRAINED in the minds of humans, if you
have a catchy nickname. Over in Illinois, a late 1970's serial rapist named
Brad Lieberman, got himself dubbed the "Plumber Rapist", not exactly the
catchiest nickname in the world, but better than nothing. I must admit to NOT
having heard of this fellow at all, until reading this MOST interesting
article.

Brad, now aged 40, was convicted of serially raping SEVEN gals, OVER 20 years
ago! This means he was only 19 or 20 years old at the time of his arrest, and
had already EASILY achieved SERIAL rapist status. Impressive! Cops believe he
ACTUALLY raped at least TWELVE different gals, but was only charged with and
convicted of, seven.

He was sentenced to serve TWENTY long years of punitive prison punishment,
and that is EXACTLY what he did. Less than a month ago, the ENTIRE 20 year
sentence became served out. Brad had COMPLETED his entire sentence. There was
NO sane or rational reason imaginable, under which you perverse hypocrites
could JUSTIFY continuing to deny him his freedom. And yet that is EXACTLY what
you are doing!

The state of IL is REFUSING to give this TORTURE victim his freedom, and the
governor is vowing to use a new 1998 law that allows for the INVOLUNTARY
COMMITTAL of "dangerous, sexually violent people", to KEEP Brad locked up in
cages, for the foreseeable future. Absolutely outrageous! First of all, you
DENIED Brad psychiatric treatment for 20 years, by declaring him worthy of
punitively punishing JAIL time, thus making ANY argument as to his level of
current dangerousness, totally irrelevent. It's like DENYING a person CANCER
treatment, and then BLAMING him if his cancer fails to be cured! Secondly, this
involuntary committal law was enacted in 1998. Brad committed his crimes in the
late 1970's. How DARE you diseased hypocrites use a 1998 law, to continue to
inflict undeserved punitive punishment upon a victim-creation who allegedly
committed his crimes, about 20 YEARS before the law that is now being USED
against him, was enacted!

Brad's lawyer is challenging the law on a DIFFERENT ground, dealing with the
specific WORDING of the law, and how it failed to include the crime of "rape",
in it's list of offenses that would allow for involuntary committal, until it
was recently revised.

The simple fact of the matter is, this ENTIRE law is DERANGED, fascist,
unconstitutional. How DARE anyone in a position of societal authority, be
allowed to CONTINUE to punish Brad, AFTER his prison sentence is over, based
upon the THEORY that he MIGHT be dangerous, and he MIGHT commit more violent
crimes, if freed! The fact that Brad has NOT raped anyone for the past 20
years, only serves to make this attempt all the more utterly deranged.

Meanwhile, even though the ENTIRE 20 year sentence came to an END on January
9th, Brad was NOT freed, he REMAINS in prison, solely because the
governor-whore announced that he would seek an involuntary committal against
him. He is LITERALLY not charged with ANY crime, he has COMMITTED no crime for
at least 20 years, and yet his FREEDOM, the sacred freedom that every person
not serving out a judicially imposed sentence or awaiting trial for having
committed a SPECIFIC CRIME, is supposed to be GUARANTEED, is being DENIED him!

A CLEVER fellow, Brad has CONTINUALLY maintained his COMPLETE innocence, with
regard to all the rapes. Prosecutors say he committed them INSIDE of the homes
of his victims, gaining entry by pretending & claiming to be a PLUMBER, hence
his nickname of "The Plumber Rapist". Not a very fancy tactical ploy, but it
seems to have worked for him. I can't image HOW, since if somebody knocked on
my door, or rather perimeter fence intercom, and claimed to be a plumber,
unless I had specifically CALLED for a plumber, he would be met at the gate
with a loaded assault rifle. In fact, even if I CALL for a plumber, when the
plumber arrives, I DEMAND that he IDENTIFY the COMPANY he works for, by name.
For example, I call for a plumber, perimeter fence intercom rings. I answer it:
"Yes?" The person says: "Plumber". Is that an ACCEPTABLE answer?? No, not to
any SANE person. I would then immediately demand: "Identify the name and phone
number of the company you work for", information that I of course wrote down
when I made the initial phone call. ONLY if the PROPERLY accurate information
is provided, do I set foot outside my house and begin walking towards the
security gate. But of course you creatures are pathetically careless, have no
real clue as to how to live your lives in a tactically astute manner, and so I
bet that MOST gals, especially those living in apartments, if they get a knock
on their door and are told "Plumber", by the knocker, just BLINDLY open the
door & give entry. These 7-12 fools should consider themselves VERY lucky that
they were only targeted by a serial RAPIST, not a serial KILLER.

This new and totally perverse 1998 law very specifically states that ALL
former prison inmates can be confined in a loony bin "until psychologists
believe they are not a risk or until they die." UNBELIEVABLE, the HYPOCRISY!
These PROFOUND victim-martyrs were DENIED proper mental health care for their
ENTIRE lives, officially decreed to be WORTHY of punitive jail punishment,
UNWORTHY of supportive mental health treatment. And then, AFTER the ENTIRE
punitive punishment term has been exhausted, you GO BACK and try to claim that
you should be allowed, as a society, to FORCE Brad to undergo undesired,
freedom-robbing mental health treatment/confinement, the EXACT SAME person that
you DENIED this exact same mental health treatment, for the past 20 years!

Brad, the INJUSTICES that have been committed against you for your ENTIRE
life, are mind-boggling in their scope. And for you now, at age 40, prison
sentence over, to be subjected to a CONTINUING denial of your feedom, should
specifically serve to ENCOURAGE hundreds of other societal victims, to LASH OUT
with violence, to AVENGE the lifetime of injustice that THEY have suffered, and
also to avenge the profound and ongoing brutalization that your society is
CONTINUING to inflict upon you. All we can do is FEED upon the injustice of
your situation, to nurture our own limitless rage and hate, while of course
HOPING that you somehow manage to WIN this "battle", for freedom, that you are
only having to fight, because your society is ULTRA-diseased & perverse.

Stay Strong, Brad!

Take care, JOE

The following appears courtesy of the 2/5/00 online edition of The Chicago
Tribune newspaper:

Rapist challenges law's wording

By Cornelia Grumman
Tribune Staff Writer

February 5, 2000

A missing word in a new state law should allow Brad Lieberman, the notorious
"plumber rapist," to go free now that the Skokie native has completed his
20-year sentence, his attorney argued Friday in Cook County Criminal Court.

Judge William Wood isn't buying that argument, but the attorney promises it
will re-emerge on appeal if Atty. Gen. Jim Ryan wins indefinite commitment of
Lieberman under the 1998 Sexually Violent Persons Act.

The technicality is that the new law does not specify "rape" as an offense. In
1984, officials abolished that term and started substituting the broader
"criminal sexual assault," partly in order to include incest and other sex
crimes in the charge.

"He is not subject to this act," said Lieberman's attorney, Christopher
Canning. "The attorney general is saying it's merely a legislative oversight.
That's their argument, and I think it's incorrect."

Lieberman was convicted of seven rapes in Cook and Lake Counties and was a
suspect in at least five more, according to Assistant Atty. Gen. Clyde Lemons.
To gain entry into the women's homes, Lieberman posed as a plumber checking for
leaks.

Under the law, a former inmate can be confined in a mental health facility
until psychologists believe he is not a risk or until he dies.

Lieberman was supposed to be freed Jan. 9, but he remains at Sheridan
Correctional Center until a jury determines whether he still poses a danger to
society.

"With somebody who committed that many rapes, you can't tell me the legislature
didn't have that in mind when they said somebody was sexually violent," Lemons
said.

Lieberman, 40, has long maintained his innocence. His attorney argues that he
has served his sentence and should be allowed to live independently.

b22pa...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2014, 1:39:03 PM6/15/14
For every rape reported by one rapist 3 more have happened you fool. DNA would happily keep him where he belongs...

bro3...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2016, 1:35:21 PM2/27/16
Actually? I know Brad personally. Was his only friend in prison for over five years. He could then bench press 500 lbs. Was also a master in Martial Arts. Never once to me admitted to being The Plumber Rapist. But I knew him. I knew him very well. I learned the mind of a Sociopath...I studied him. I also stood alone with him against 15 Latin Kings in the prison yard...no one touched Brad because I was respected by the leaders of all of the gangs.

andytu...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2016, 6:32:34 PM6/6/16
I grew up around brad, he's always been an asshole..always.....and he is where he should be.....he never had many friends because he would abuse them. I watched him pull a rifel on a guy right in front of our high school on the first day as the guy was diving away...and I used to work with a guy that shared a cell with him for 3 years....oh and he used to get his ass kicked by most guys and he went to karate or Jujitsu or some kind of training and got kicked out almost right away the instructor said he was a moron and would never make it

micke...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2017, 9:20:47 AM3/5/17
This is obviously old news because he isn't 40. He lived across the street from me in Skokie and pretended to be a cop. The guy is an unremorseful psychopath and should be in prison for the rest of his life, I hope he's still there.

dennisr...@gmail.com

May 25, 2019, 6:01:13 PM5/25/19
I worked with Brad as a security guard with Berry Leavy at different stores and hospitals including Evanston Hospital