Perry March's Wife Says Children Are Living With Relative In United States

eartha...@yahoo.com

Aug 8, 2005, 10:16:58 PM8/8/05
http://www.newschannel5.com/content/perry_march/13616.asp
Perry March's Wife Says Children Are Living With Relative In United
States
WTVF
Updated: 8/8/2005 6:52:14 PM

The FBI and Mexican authorities have been looking for Perry March's
children, Samson and Tzipora. Monday, March's wife Carmen said a
Chicago judge has granted temporary custody of the children to
Perry's brother, Ron.

The children have been caught in the middle of a bitter custody battle
between their father and the parents of their mother, Janet March.

Perry March moved to Chicago, then to Mexico after his wife's
disappearance almost nine years ago. Just last week, he was arrested in
Mexico and charged with second degree murder in Janet's death.

Janet March's parents filed a new motion in federal court late last
week seeking custody of their grandchildren.

Ron March is an attorney in the Chicago area, and Carmen March said the
children have been with Ron since late last week.

Metro police detectives are expected to travel to Los Angeles this week
to bring Perry March back to Nashville. March could be back in
Tennessee as early as Wednesday.

Jason McCord

Aug 8, 2005, 10:27:52 PM8/8/05
I hope that is good news for the grandparents of Janet March. I'm wondering
why they were not granted custody.

<eartha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

earthage2002

Aug 8, 2005, 10:41:22 PM8/8/05

"Jason McCord" <bra...@man.com> wrote in message

>I hope that is good news for the grandparents of Janet March. I'm
>wondering
> why they were not granted custody.

Because Perry March and family were sneaky. They filed in the courts of
Chicago IL, Perry's hometown and last
US residence and probably home of his brother, rather than in Nashville TN.

Jason McCord

Aug 8, 2005, 11:01:07 PM8/8/05
This guy is a class A #1 PRICK. In one fell swoop he takes the entire
family away from the grandparents of Janet. He kills her and then takes the
kids to Mexico. And I also know he has brainwashed the kids to think their
grandparents are evil. Just from all the facts that are already known I
believe he will be found guilty. I hope so.
"earthage2002" <eartha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Message has been deleted

eartha...@yahoo.com

Aug 9, 2005, 12:40:37 AM8/9/05

Jason McCord wrote:
> This guy is a class A #1 PRICK. In one fell swoop he takes the entire
> family away from the grandparents of Janet. He kills her and then takes the
> kids to Mexico. And I also know he has brainwashed the kids to think their
> grandparents are evil. Just from all the facts that are already known I
> believe he will be found guilty. I hope so.

http://www.wsmv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3688689&nav=1TcRd0qn
Commentary: Word on the Street
Brinton: Remains of Janet March have not been found
Reported by Larry Brinton
WSMV

Lets talk some more about Perry March. Many people still believe since
police have finally charged him with the 1996 murder of his wife, Janet
Levine March, that investigators must have found her remains.

Forget it, no remains have been found.

The murder case was never really a "who done it" type of mystery
because investigators believed from the beginning "who done it." And
their top and only suspect was Janet's lawyer-husband, Perry.

I've talked with Perry March a hundred times or so on the phone during
those 9 years. He's called me at my office and my home, mostly trying
to learn if police had come up with any new evidence against him.

I always said I didn't know. I have also interviewed him in Chicago, in
Nashville and several times at his home in Ajijic, Mexico.

Perry is a smooth-talker and has always claimed his innocence in the
disappearance and death of his wife.

The prosecutors' case against March seems to be all circumstantial,
with no direct evidence, like someone witnessing the murder or
fingerprints on a death weapon.

Police not only could not find the body or the weapon, they never could
find the hard-drive removed from his home computer, or the rollled-up
carpet that witnesses claim they saw in the March home several days
before she disappeared.

I was talking with Perry and mentioned that police felt they needed
Janet's body before they could charge him with murder.

Perry's response was: "What do the police think? That they are going to
find my business card on her body?"

My answer was, "Perry, if they find her inside a rolled up carpet,
you've got a problem."

Detectives never got to question March about his wife's
disappearance-murder.

March, I'm told, always had an excuse why he could not meet with
officers. Finally, he sent police a hand-written statement of what he
wanted to say about the case.

No questioning, no nothing. Detectives are still disgusted about that.

eartha...@yahoo.com

Aug 9, 2005, 8:02:44 PM8/9/05
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050809/NEWS03/508090353
March kids to live with uncle in Chicago
Wife seeks Mexican inquiry into husband's arrest, detention for
Tennessee trial
By AILENE TORRES and SHEILA BURKE
The Tennessean

AJIJIC, Mexico - The children of former Nashville attorney Perry
March returned to the U.S. yesterday and will live with an uncle in the
Chicago area while their father faces charges of killing their mother
and disposing of her body nine years ago, according to court records
and a lawyer who is close to the family.

Samson, 14, and Tzipora, 11, were secreted back to the U.S. sometime
yesterday, even as Perry March's father, Arthur, insisted the children
were still in Mexico and would not be moved until today, Nashville
lawyer John Herbison said.

Perry March, arrested last week in the 1996 disappearance of his first
wife, Janet, has lived with his children in the town of Ajijic, Mexico,
about 40 minutes outside of Guadalajara, since 1999. He has since
remarried a Mexican citizen.

Herbison, who represented Perry March in a previous child-custody
battle against Janet March's parents, had not been formally retained
but expected that would occur soon.

The children are "in the United States," Herbison said yesterday.

He refused to be more specific about the children's whereabouts in the
U.S., but court documents showed that Perry March's brother, Ron March,
filed a petition yesterday in Cook County, Ill., seeking guardianship
of them.

Ron March is an attorney in Chicago, which is in Cook County.

Filing the petition gives the Marches certain rights, such as enrolling
the children in school and making temporary medical decisions on their
behalf, Herbison said. The petition will be heard on Sept. 21.

Meanwhile yesterday, Perry March's father, Arthur March, while standing
outside Donas, his favorite breakfast spot in this little Mexican town,
said the children would not be returning to the U.S. until today.

"Right now, they are here in Ajijic," he said. He maintained that the
children were safe and being protected by "friends of mine in the
Mexican Army" until it was time for them to travel.

Bringing the children back to the U.S. could be a pre-emptive strike by
the March family. Last week Lawrence and Carolyn Levine, parents of
Janet March, went to federal court and asked a judge to stop
designating the children as "habitual residents of Mexico," a move that
would free the Levines to wage a custody battle in the U.S.

The Levines declined a request for an interview yesterday.

Herbison said the March family was deliberately secretive about the
children's whereabouts, citing a June 2000 incident when the Levines
used a visitation order from an Illinois court to take the children
from Mexico to Nashville.

A federal court ordered the children returned to their father a year
later and designated the children residents of Mexico, meaning the
Levines would have to take up their custody battle in a Mexican court.

In light of that experience, "there's concern for their well-being,"
Herbison said.

Yesterday's legal maneuvering began shortly before noon, when Perry
March's current wife, Carmen Rojas Solorio walked into the Ministerio
Publico, the Mexican equivalent of a district attorney's office, and
finished filing a declaration seeking an investigation into Perry
March's arrest.

Solorio and Arthur March said they did not believe reports from Mexican
immigration officials that Perry March was deported.

Metro police officials have said March is being held in Southern
California and will be brought to Nashville to face charges in the next
week.

"Perry was never deported," Arthur March said. "He was expelled
illegally by the FBI."

As described in the document, Alejandro Ochoa, the family gardener who
was present during the arrest, witnessed several men drive up and take
Perry March into custody.

"It went very peacefully: without a fight," Ochoa described.

According to the document, on Aug. 3, eight unidentified men in four
vehicles - a white Ford Bronco, a red Chevy Blazer, a wine-colored
Grand Marquis and a brown Chevy Suburban - took Perry March from
Media Luna Bistro & Café, the family's restaurant, put him into one of
the vehicles and left.

Alfonso Carbajal, the Ministerio Publico's second-in-command, said his
office would investigate the arrest to make sure it was official and
confirm that Perry March is in the United States.

"After that, they will bring the kids as fast as possible," Carbajal
said of Samson and Tzipora's travel to the U.S.

During the meeting, Solorio told German Lopez, an official at the
Ministerio Publico who handled the declaration, that she takes care of
Samson and Tzipora and has done so for six years, but has no official
custody.

Carbajal said his office did receive a document from Perry March giving
Solorio permission to take care of the children.

"If the papers are OK, in two days they'll have everything" they need
for the children to travel, Lopez said.

He said that, as part of Solorio's request, they would investigate
whether Solorio and Perry March are legally married, which could affect
whether she will go with them to the U.S.

The Ministerio Publico's entire investigation should last about two
days, Carbajal said.

In the early afternoon, Solorio and her Mexican lawyer emerged from
Carbajal's office, seemingly in high spirits, but refused to make any
comments.

It wasn't clear yesterday what rights the Levines have to the children.
Some local legal experts believe that March, despite being charged with
murder, still has rights to his children and can designate his brother
or other relatives to care for them, said Nashville attorney Mary
Frances Lyle.

"Unless any" of Perry March's relatives "were proven to be unfit to
keep the children on a temporary basis at his instruction, then the
Levines would simply have no basis to challenge that," she said.