Boulderite says Karr obsessed on JonBenét in '02

1 view

Indigo Ace

Aug 22, 2006, 12:50:46 PM8/22/06
From the Denver Post--

Boulderite says Karr obsessed on JonBenét in '02
Author Michael Sandrock said he had the sense the man "had done
something bad to a child."
By Kieran Nicholson
Denver Post Staff Writer

A runner and author from Boulder who met John Mark Karr in Paris in
June 2002 recalled the JonBenét Ramsey murder suspect as "very
analytical, very calm, very measured."

Michael Sandrock said he introduced Karr to Michael Tracey, the
University of Colorado journalism professor who led authorities to
Karr, via e-mail.

Sandrock was in Paris researching a book when he met Karr at a
bookstore where Americans gathered, he said.

Karr was immediately drawn to Sandrock once he made the Boulder
connection, Sandrock said.

"When he got me by myself, and over time, the meetings got more
detailed, and he started focusing on the Ramsey case," Sand rock said.

Karr asked Sandrock whether he knew Tracey, who has produced
documentaries on the Ramsey murder, and if Sandrock could put him in
touch with the CU professor.

Sandrock said Karr told him he had been traveling in Europe for the
summer by train and had been in Amsterdam, Netherlands, prior to
Paris.

The pair met for about six hours over the course of three days,
Sandrock said. They met at the bookstore, Shakespeare and Company, or
just outside the store, Sandrock said.

Karr was dressed neatly but never carried a backpack like travelers
tend to do on a long holiday, Sandrock said.

Sandrock said he couldn't recall if Karr told him where he worked or
how he financed his vacation. Karr never introduced Sandrock to anyone
else in Paris, he said.

The more Karr talked about the Ramsey case, the darker the
conversation got, Sandrock said.

"I really got the feeling he had something bad inside of him,"
Sandrock recalled. "Not necessarily that he was the killer, but that
he had done something bad to a child. I really had that sense. It was
more than a typical obsession with a celebrity murder."

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_4217616

--
Anne, indigoace at goodsol period com
Jewelry: http://www.prettygoodjewelry.com