Video Of Man On Harley In 2015 Being Chased By Police Into Guildford Mall In Surrey, BC.

Greg Carr

Sep 7, 2020, 2:20:58 PM9/7/20
I don't remember this but I was living in Burnaby at the time.

Owner of motorcycle that was driven through a Surrey shopping mall fined $13,500

By Amy Judd Global News
Posted March 13, 2015 2:17 pm
Updated June 16, 2015 1:12 pm

WATCH: Video has emerged of the police chase of a motorcycle that went into a shopping mall in Surrey. Ted Chernecki has the story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9hUM6Lqv0I&fbclid=IwAR1CyLx4Dvn37MdUdVLqF1UhDb5qw2Q-YPPEtP-iMi8SxdzmNU9aYZFbTNQ has chase scenes.

UPDATE: Surrey RCMP identified the owner of the motorcycle who failed to stop for police on Feb. 20 and was driven recklessly through Surrey and down an escalator at Walmart in Guildford Mall. The owner, who was not the driver at the time of the incident, got about $13,500 in traffic fines which included 58 infractions like failing to stop for police, excessive speed, disobey red light and no insurance. The motorcycle was impounded by police and is being held pending the outcome of a civil forfeiture hearing.

VANCOUVER – A video has been posted online showing a man on a motorcycle driving through a Surrey mall.

The video was taken on Feb. 20 around 1:50 p.m. and features footage from RCMP’s Air One and security camera footage inside the mall. The video, now going viral, was being used by the RCMP as a training video when it was unintentionally released to the public.

The video shows the motorcyclist weaving in and out of traffic before entering the Guildford Mall at the Walmart.

“First of all I want to explain that the video was a compilation that we put together, the police did, of air services, Surrey RCMP video and Guildford Mall video for evidence in an investigation,” said Sgt. Dale Carr with the Surrey RCMP. “It was inadvertently posted to a public site, when it was meant to go on a private site, and we’re looking into how that happened and we want to take steps to ensure that doesn’t happen again.”

Carr said when the man was in the mall, two officers were chasing him to try to stop him.

“We’re really happy no one got hurt,” said Peggy Howard, general manager of the Guildford Mall. She said the mall is not involved with the investigation.

The man riding the motorcycle has not been caught. “Ultimately the motorcycle was dumped, the individual got away and we’re still looking for who that is,” said Carr.

They do have the motorcycle in their possession.

“I’ve been working in police work for 28 years and I’ve never seen a time where we were in pursuit of a motorcycle and it entered a mall, exited a mall, and ultimately we’re still looking for the driver,” said Carr. “Never happened.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/1881946/video-shows-man-on-motorcycle-driving-through-surrey-mall/

https://vancouversun.com/news/staff-blogs/video-motorcyclist-rides-down-escalator-at-surrey-mall the back of he Harley had a Support Your Local Hell's Angels Haney sticker and In Memory Of Johnny Antinozzi a motorcycle enthusiast who died in 2011. Johnny Antinozzi was hanging out with drug dealer Kyle Gianis in Whistler when the bodyguard of Gianis a Shane Robert Joseph Richard killed Michael Boutros with a single gunshot on March 10, 2007. https://www.whistlerquestion.com/news/local-news/shooting-was-in-self-defence-accused-1.1278776

I wonder why the man who owned the Harley was never identified? Did he lose the motorcycle to civil forfeiture? The story made KTLA in Los Angelas and the Daily Mail in England.