Steven Spielberg stalker had plans to handcuff and RAPE Steven,arrested near mansion armed with knife,handcuffs,& duct tape

Joe1orbit

Dec 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/18/97

Hello,

Here's an update on this rather mysterious Steven Spielberg stalker case. The
courts have thrown a net of secrecy over this case, and very little information
has been made public since the arrest in July of 29 year old Jonathan Norman on
aggravated stalking charges. Jonathan has been kept in prison, on one million
dollars bail, ever since his arrest in July, which is VERY unusual, when NO
actual violent act was committed by Jonathan.

Some court documents were finally released earlier today in this case, and
they do provide some interesting information. We learn that Jonathan was caught
several times lurking around Steven Spielberg's mansion in California. On one
of those occasions, Jonathan had handcuffs, duct tape, and a KNIFE in his
possession. Jonathan has apparently admitted to police, according to the court
documents released today, that he had a sexual obsession with Steven Spielberg
and planned to handcuff, and then RAPE, Steven! He is however, pleading NOT
guilty to this stalking charge.

We learn that Jonathan was indeed arrested on the very BLOCK where Steven
Spielberg's mansion is located. But Steven was not home when the arrest
occured, he was away directing a movie in Ireland. Steven is quoted as having
told investigators that when he learned that a stalker had planned to rape him,
he "became completely panicked and upset and afraid to tell my wife". This is
Steven Spielberg himself, testifying to a grand jury, before the grand jury
indicted Jonathan Norman.

A detective tells us that Jonathan Norman kept a diary, with articles and
notes on Steven Spielberg, David Geffen, and Jeffrey Katzenberg, all
multi-millionare movie directors & producers. The diary also contained a list
of items that Jonathan intended to use in his rape of Steven Spielberg,
including "nipple clippers and dog collars". Jonathan also told interviewing
detectives that he believes Steven Spielberg WANTED to be raped by him.

Very interesting! Certainly there does seem to be a fair amount of solid
evidence suggesting that Jonathan had a serious and genuine desire and PLAN to
attack Steven Spielberg. Still, the fact remains that he did not commit ANY act
of VIOLENCE against Steven, or ANYONE else. Thus there is little justification
for imposing any long-term jail sentence on Jonathan. As stated,Jonathan is
pleading NOT guilty. I don't think he is claiming any insanity defense, and
that might be to his advantage. Steven Spielberg is a VERY influential man, and
if Jonathan does wind up in a mental hospital, Steven can exert a lot of
pressure on the hospital to keep Jonathan confined indefinately. So, it might
be in Jonathan's best interests to plead not guilty, and not try to use ANY
insanity defense, hoping to get only a minimal jail sentence. Since he did NOT
actually attack Steven, or anyone else, I cannot see how the judicial system
can rationally impose anything more than a 5 year prison term, MAXIMUM.

Steven is a RICH man, in the wake of this incident, if and when Jonathan is
released, Steven can just hire one or more armed 24 hour a day bodyguards, if
he doesn't already have them.

Take care, JOE

The following appears courtesy of today's Reuters news wire:

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A man newspapers say has been charged with stalking
filmmaker Steven Spielberg planned to handcuff and rape his victim, according
to court papers released Wednesday.

The court papers -- transcripts of a grand jury hearing -- refer to the alleged
victim only as ``John Doe,'' although it has been widely reported that he is
the Oscar-winning director.

Newspaper, radio and TV reports have accused Los Angeles officials of giving
Spielberg special treatment by keeping his name secret and sealing all
documents in the case.

But in a partial concession, the judge released the grand jury transcript. In
it, Deputy District Attorney Rhonda Saunders said suspect Jonathan Norman had
admitted ``this obsession with raping'' his intended victim.

He has pleaded not guilty to stalking charges.

Saunders told the closed-door grand jury hearing in October that Norman, 29,
was caught several times lurking around the swank Pacific Palisades area of Los
Angeles where Spielberg lives.

On at least one occasion, Saunders said, Norman was found with handcuffs, duct
tape and a knife in his possession.

Norman, who was arrested in July, was interviewed several times by detectives
and during one session ``...he testifies again why he has those handcuffs --
this obsession with raping (John Doe),'' Saunders said.

An article in the Copley News Service group of papers last month identified
Spielberg as the intended victim. Since then other newspapers have followed
suit while Superior Court officials have refused to confirm or deny that the
director was involved.

The victim's name was deleted from the grand jury transcript and replaced with
``John Doe'' by presiding superior court judge John Reid.

Without naming Spielberg, Reid told the Los Angeles Times that he had deleted
the name at the request of the victim. He defended his action, saying state law
authorized withholding the names of stalking victims.

According to the transcript, the alleged victim testified before the grand jury
that neither he nor his family were home at the time of the alleged stalking
because he was making a film in Ireland called ``Saving Private Ryan.''
Spielberg was the director of that movie.

The transcript also shows Norman was arrested on Amalfi Drive, the street where
Spielberg's mansion is located.

The intended victim told the grand jury that when he was informed of Norman's
alleged plan to rape him he ``became completely panicked and upset and afraid
to tell my wife.''

Asked his reaction to the duct tape, knife and handcuffs, ''John Doe'' told the
grand jury, ``What anybody's reaction would be. (Norman) was on a mission and
had he not been caught he would have -- you know, thank God he was caught -- he
would have completed his mission.''

Det. Paul Wright told the grand jury that Norman's daybook contained articles
on ``John Doe'' as well as well as Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen, who are
Spielberg's partners in the DreamWorks movie studio.

The book also contained a ``shopping list'' of items Norman intended to use in
raping his victim, according to Wright. These included ``three eye masks, three
cuffs, four pairs of nipple clippers, three dog collars,'' Wright said.

He added that Norman, when interviewed, said, he believed that his intended
victim ``wanted to be raped by him,'' and that was why he needed the items on
the list.

21:04 12-17-97

Captive964

Dec 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/18/97

Jow wrote:
> A detective tells us that Jonathan Norman kept a diary, with articles and
>notes on Steven Spielberg, David Geffen, and Jeffrey Katzenberg, all
>multi-millionare movie directors & producers. The diary also contained a list
>of items that Jonathan intended to use in his rape of Steven Spielberg,
>including "nipple clippers and dog collars". Jonathan also told interviewing
>detectives that he believes Steven Spielberg WANTED to be raped by him.
Oh my! I have heard of nail clippers, hair clippers and even hedge clippers,
but I have never in my life heard of nipple clippers. I can only hope that Mr.
Norman was referring to nipple *clamps*.

Captive

Joe1orbit

Dec 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/18/97

capti...@aol.com (Captive964) Wrote:

>Oh my! I have heard of nail clippers, hair clippers and even hedge clippers,
>but I have never in my life heard of nipple clippers.

Hello Captive,

I too have never heard of nipple clippers, and I follow the s&M scene quite
closely.

> I can only hope that
>Mr.
>Norman was referring to nipple *clamps*.

Nipple clamps I have definately heard of. Even have seen them being used, in
S&M videos. Very possibly Jonathan was referring to nipple "clamps" in his
written diary. All I know for sure is that in the news wire quote, the term
"nipple clippers" is used, and it is stated that Jonathan used that term in his
written diary.

Take care, JOE

>Captive

Joe1orbit

Dec 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/18/97

Hello,

Here's an update on this Steven Spielberg stalker case. We learn in this
brief, but still informative update, that police have seized NUMEROUS items
that Jonathan Norman had in his possession and allegedly planned to use when he
RAPED Steven. Handcuffs, nipple clamps, and chloroform are among the actual
ITEMS that police have seized. This demonstrates to me that Jonathan was VERY
serious about his plans to rape Steven Spielberg. This was not just an idle
fantasy of his, that he wrote down on paper. He CAREFULLy and thoroughly
planned this attack and rape.

We learn that Jonathan's longtime homosexual lover testified to the grand
jury that Jonathan had "cut out a picture of a naked man, then cut off the head
of the man in the picture and pasted in the face & head of Steven Spielberg.
This longtime "friend" and lover of Jonathan's also testified to the grand jury
that in his opinion, "Jonathan is a schizophrenic".

As you might imagine, the media is desperately want to get a few comments
from Steven Spielberg himself on this bizarre stalker that he has attracted.
But Steven and his spokespeople are refusing to offer any comments of any sort
on this situation.

Take care, JOE

The following appears courtesy of today's Associated Press news wire:

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Steven Spielberg was stalked by an obsessed man who
stockpiled sex toys, kept diaries about his films and family, and prowled
around the director's home, according to newly unsealed court papers.

Police confiscated a virtual shopping list of items - including eye masks,
handcuffs, nipple clamps, chloroform and dog collars - that the man planned to
use in raping Spielberg, Detective Paul Allen Wright said in grand jury
testimony unsealed Wednesday.

Jonathan Norman, 31, is charged with one count of stalking. His trial is set
for Jan. 13.

Security guards testified they found a box cutter knife blade, razor blades,
duct tape, handcuffs and a key when they arrested Norman near Spielberg's home
in July.

Charles Anthony Markovich, identified by prosecutors as Norman's longtime
friend and lover, testified that Norman's day planner contained ``a picture of
a naked man which had his head cut off'' and Spielberg's face pasted in its
place.

``He is a schizophrenic,'' Markovich testified.

Superior Court Judge Robert Perry unsealed the transcripts at news
organizations' requests.

``Neither he nor I want to make a comment,'' said Spielberg spokesman Marvin
Levy.

AP-NY-12-18-97

CBofGDALE

Dec 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/26/97

They're getting weirder and weirder, these creeps. There was a time when these
kinds of people were locked in state hospitals.