Stewart Wilken,South African serial killer of 10,including own 11 y.o.daughter,gets Life prison sentence

Joe1orbit

Feb 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/23/98

Hello,

Over in South Africa, 33 year old Stewart Wilken, who was found guilty last
week of serially murdering seven women and girls, has been sentenced to Life in
prison. The judge stated that IF South Africa had a death penalty law on the
books, he would have imposed it upon Stewart. Luckily, South African society
somehow has managed to evolve to the point where it has realized that it has no
right to murder it's own creations. And so Stewart will hopefully be able to
live many decades in peace, safety, and emotional comfort, as he savors his
accomplishments.

Stewart is quite a fellow. Not only has he serially killed 7 women and girls,
but he has also CANNIBALIZED at least one of the seven. And anmong his seven
victims is his very own 11 year old daughter. He strangled her to death because
she "was not a virgin". Hey, there's an interesting reason for killing your 11
year old daughter!

Stewart sat quietly in court throughout the trial, and did not cause any
disruptions. She showed little emotion throughout. He was charged with TEN
counts of murder, and 5 additional counts of sodomy. He confessed to all 15
counts, but the judge ruled that that Stewart's guilt could only be proven
beyond a reasonable doubt for seven of the 10 murders, and 2 of the 5 sodomy
counts. I think it's VERY likely that Stewart did kill the 10 victims that he
confessed to killing and was formally charged with murdering. It's sad that he
will only have 7 murder convictions on his historical legacy record, if indeed
he did kill 10 or more. He committed all of his attacks in the rather small
coastal city of Port Elizabeth, in South Africa.

So, was Stewart a VICTIM? Was he abused and mistreated by his society? Of
COURSE he was. All serial killers are victims of unfair and unjust abuse, pain,
brutality, and trauma. Stewart was sodomized and abused by a church deacon, at
the age of six. He grew into a justifiably enraged adult, who took his revenge
against society by raping and murdering prostitutes and street children. He
killed both women and men, some like his 11 year old daughter, were very young.
Others were older, like 42 year old Georgina Zweni, whom he strangled to death
after she tried to escape while he sodomized her. With Georgina, our enraged
serial killer also cut off both of her nipples and ATE them! Yum!

His 11 year old daughter was the seventh of his victims. She was killed in
1995, but her skeleton was not found until 2 years after she was slaughtered by
Stewart. He confessed to all ten murders about a year ago, when people had
found the body of his 11 year old daughter and had brought him in for
questioning.

The ONLY victim that Stewart did not rape or sexually assault was his 11 year
old daughter. When questioned by police about WHY he chose to also kill his
daughter, Stewart replied: "I saw my child was not a virgin. There were
allegations that she had been raped by her stepfather. I closed my eyes and
said: 'God you must forgive me, but I'm sending my child's soul to you.' " Ah,
how nice, the pathetic god myth rears it's ugly head once again. Still, if you
look at Stewart's own sexual abuse beginning at age 6, you realize that it DID
make genuine logical sense for Stewart to decide that his 11 year old
daiughter, because she was no longer a virgin, must die.

We get a few comments from a forensic psychologist named Micki Pistorius, who
is described as being South Africa's foremost expert on serial killers. But
there is nothing profoundly insightful in her statements.

It's nice to see that South Africa is maintaining it's reputation as one of
hotbeds of serial murder activity in the world. Stewart certainly seems like an
interesting person, who accurately reflected his own childhood experiences in
the serial killings that he chose to undertake. I sure hope that someone
decides to write a True Crime book about him. It really seems that a LOT of
serial killers, both in North America and in other continents, are just not
getting the attention from authors that they deserve. IMNSVHO, of course.

Take care, Joe

The following appears courtesy of today's Agence France-Presse news wire:

Seven life sentences for S. African serial killer

Agence France-Presse

February 23, 1998

PORT ELIZABETH, South Africa

A self-confessed serial killer who murdered his young daughter and ate the body
parts of at least one of his victims was given seven life sentences in the High
Court Monday.

Stewart "Boetie Boer" Wilken would have been sent to the gallows if the death
penalty was not outlawed in South Africa, Judge Chris Jansen said in handing
down the sentence.

The burly 33-year-old was found guilty last week of murdering four women and
three children, including his 11-year-old daughter Wuane whom he strangled
because she was "not a virgin."

He was also found guilty of two sodomy charges.

The bearded Wilken sat quietly in Jansen's courtroom for the duration of the
trial in which he was charged with 10 counts of murder and five of sodomy.

Although he confessed to the three murders and sodomy charges of which he was
acquitted, Jansen found that guilt could not be proved beyond reasonable doubt.

Wilken's reign of terror in this coastal town known as the "friendly city" has
its roots in the sodomy and abuse he suffered as a six-year-old at the hands of
a church deacon, his lawyers claimed in court.

Wilken took his revenge on the world by murdering and raping his targets --
prostitutes and street children.

His first victim was a 25-year-old black prostitute, strangled when she started
screaming, followed by a 29-year-old woman who demanded payment from Wilken
before he had sex with her, and a teenage homeless boy, raped and strangled
after asking Wilkin for money.

His fourth victim, 42-year-old Georgina Zweni, was strangled after trying to
escape while Wilken sodomized her. Wilken confessed to cutting off Zweni's
nipples and swallowing them.

Wilken then strangled a prostitute with her own clothes after she asked him for
$6 for sex, and a homeless boy.

His daughter Wuane was victim number seven -- her skeleton was found near a
hotel in the city two years after her 1995 murder. Three more "street children"
were to follow.

Wilken confessed to the murders a year ago when police questioned him about the
disappearance of 12-year-old Henry Baker and Wuane's skeleton.

Wuane's murder was the only one Wilken committed without sexual misdeeds.

"I saw my child was not a virgin," Wilken said in a statement. "There were
allegations that she had been raped by her stepfather. I closed my eyes and
said: 'God you must forgive me, but I'm sending my child's soul to you.'"

Forensic psychologist Micki Pistorius said serial killers who fitted Wilken's
profile could not become sexually aroused unless they caused pain and
suffering.

If he was not sent to prison, Wilken would continue to commit murder, said
Pistorius, who is regarded as South Africa's foremost expert on serial killers.

South Africa has had a spate of well-publicised serial killings in recent
years.

Moses Sithole, one of the world's worst serial killers, was sentenced to 2,410
years in jail last year for murdering 40 people and raping 38.

In 1995, a Cape Town court sentenced school teacher Norman Afzal Simons to 10
years in jail for murdering a 10-year-old boy. Simons was accused in the sex
killings of about 20 boys.

And in 1996 police arrested a mental patient in connection with the deaths of
17 prostitutes found strangled in the Western Cape Peninsula.