Detailed update on 50 y.o.Donald Blom,convicted MN serial rapist who MIGHT also have graduated up to serial killer in recent years,he gets 19 yr sentence for gun possession,faces murder trial in Feb.

Joe1orbit

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
Hello,

I have periodically read articles on convicted serial rapist and very
possibly serial killer, Donald Blom, who has committed most of his crimes in
Minnesota, but have posted very LITTLE on him. Let me try to make up for that
oversight, here. Donald certainly is an INTERESTING fellow, and his criminal
record is VERY impressive, despite also being quite murky in terms of us NOT
having confirmation of the killings that he is SUSPECTED of having committed.

In court on Tuesday, 50 year old Donald, successfully and OUTRAGEOUSLY
demonized by prosecutors, was sentenced to 19 YEARS in prison, based SOLELY
upon a illegal weapons possession conviction. Obviously this very long sentence
was imposed as an act of PREJUDICE against Donald, based upon his past criminal
convictions, and the fact that he is SUSPECTED of killing as many as THREE
people. I hope his lawyer ABSOLUTELY appeals this outrageous sentencing, on the
grounds that the judge was HIGHLY prejudiced against Donald, and took into
account his PAST criminal convictions, as well as the totally unsubstantiated
murder claims that prosecutors are making.

Let us look at some of the murders. It is likely that IF Donald is put on
trial for murder, the first trial will be for the Katie Poirier killing. She
was a 19 year old, rather attractive looking store clerk who disappeared last
May. Recently, detectives found human bone fragments and a tooth that they
believe come from Katie, ON property that Donald owns. This obviously suggests
strongly that Donald played SOME role in causing her death, but it should NOT
be anywhere near enough to result in a murder CONVICTION, even if the bones &
tooth are POSITIVELY identified as coming from Katie.

In court Tuesday, Donald DID offer up a statement to the court, and was quite
animated, even BURSTING OUT with a comment to interrupt the prosecutor/whore
during his final summation. A justifiably angry Donald yelled out, as the
prosecuter was OUTLINING Donald's LONG criminal record: "This is a bunch of
crap. I don' t want to listen to this. To sit here and listen to this makes me
sick.". Good for you, Donald! There is NO rational reason why the prosecutor
should be allowed to DEMONIZE you to the judge, by reading aloud, in open
court, the details of your PAST criminal convictions, which should have
absolutely NO bearing upon the current case that the judge was about to deliver
a sentence upon.

It's nice to see a societal victim standing up for himself and not just
meekly ACCEPTING the undeserved punitive punishment that he is being subjected
to. Demonstrating a HIGH degree of INSIGHT into the TRUTH, Donald declared to
the judge: "This federal case was motivated by charges that I killed Poirier.
This is all over the Katie Poirier case. I would not be here except for that."
EXCELLENT point, and VERY true. Your diseased societal agents are FAMOUS for
DEMONIZING a defendent for being a "murderer", even if the CASE they are
bringing has NOTHING to do with murder, AND they know that they do NOT have
enough evidence to gain a murder conviction. It is OUTRAGEOUS how prosecutors
are allowed to INFORM the JUDGE, and the jury, that a defendent is "suspected"
of murder, even though the TRIAL that the jury & judge are to rule on, has
nothing to do with murder. It is hard to imagine a more BLATANT form of UNJUST
demonization and prejudice, than for a jury and judge to be ALLOWED to sit in
judgement of a defendent for a MINOR crime, when they are LED to BELIEVE that
the defendent has committed MAJOR crimes, based solely upon innuendo and
unsubstantiated "evidence" that is so WEAK, the prosecutors CANNOT win a murder
conviction.

I personally think the odds are VERY high that Donald DID harvest Katie. He
has a LONG criminal history, including nine felony convictions, five of them
involving kidnapping, rape or assault. He is already a convicted serial
ATTACKER, but has managed to avoid getting convicted of MURDER. It's hard to
explain the finding of human bones and teeth on his property, unless they were
PLANTED there by police, with any explanation other than the likelihood that he
HAS murdered at least one, and probably more gals.

Donald HAS been indicted for the murder of Katie, and will almost certainly
stand trial. Next court hearing in that case is set for early next month.
Prosecutors are DESPERATE to get all their so-called "evidence" admitted,
because they know their murder case is WEAK. The PROBLEM is, your DISEASED
judicial system ONLY lets people serve as jurors, if they have a PRO-SOCIETY,
preconceived notion of the GUILT of defendents, in DIRECT violation of the
PRESUMPTION of innocence that the constitution decrees all defendents to be
entitled to.

A judge has already ruled that the LONG CONFESSION that Donald apparently did
give to detectives soon after his arrest, very foolishly so, will be admitted
at trial.

You can read an ARCHIVE of articles on this very interesting case over at:

http://www.startribune.com/cgi-bin/stOnLine/folder?FOLDER_ID=1393

Another archive of articles, as well as PHOTOS and video clips, can be
accessed from:

http://www.wcco.com/news/stories/news-20000111-231953.html

And two EXCELLENT facial photos of both Donald and attractive 19 year old
harvestee Katie, are at:

http://www.apbnews.com/newscenter/breakingnews/2000/01/11/blom0111_01.html

Those who have followed this case closely know that police have been TRYING
to link Donald to SEVERAL other unsolved area disappearances/murders of gals,
especially a local TV news reporter named Jodi Huisentruit. it is NOT clear
whether any type of SERIOUS evidence linking Donald to other murders, has been
established. But I certainly THINK that Donald possessed and possesses the True
Reality moxie, to be BOTH a serial rapist AND a serial killer.

Take care, JOE

The following appears courtesy of yesterday's Associated Press news wire:

Published Tuesday, January 11, 2000

Donald Blom sentenced on federal weapons charge

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- The man accused of kidnapping and killing convenience store
clerk Katie Poirier was sentenced Tuesday to 19 years and seven months in
prison on a federal weapons charge.

Donald Blom, 50, a convicted sex offender, also was ordered to serve five years
on probation for being a felon in possession of guns.

The charge resulted when authorities found guns on his vacation property near
Moose Lake where investigators found bone fragments and a tooth suspected of
being Poirier' s. Investigators found two shotguns, one rifle, one handgun and
ammunition. He was found guilty of the weapons charge last November and had
faced a minimum of 15 years in prison.

Before sentencing, the Richfield man read about a 25-minute statement, claiming
officials coerced witnesses to lie under oath. Witnesses testified during the
trial that they saw Blom handle or shoot guns or hunted with him.

Blom also told the court that the federal case was motivated by charges that he
killed Poirier.

" This is all over the Katie Poirier case. I would not be here except for that,
" he said.

U.S. District Judge John Tunheim called the sentence " harsh but appropriate"
and said Poirier' s disappearance played no role in it. He said the sentence
reflects Blom' s criminal history, which includes nine felony convictions, five
of them involving kidnapping, rape or assault.

As the prosecutor was going over Blom' s record, Blom interrupted.

" This is a bunch of crap, " he said. " I don' t want to listen to this. To sit
here and listen to this makes me sick."

After the sentencing, defense attorney Richard Holmstrom said, " If Donald Blom
was sentenced for the abduction and death of Katie Poirier, the sentence is too
short. No question about that.

" If Donald Blom is innocent of the abduction and death of Katie Poirier, the
sentence is too long."

Katie' s mother, Pam Poirier, said she was " a little disappointed."

" I thought it would have been a little higher. But at least we got him off the
street for 19-plus years, " she said.

Katie's brother, Patrick, described Blom' s reaction to the sentence: " He just
sank."

In a telephone call later to WCCO-TV, Blom said, " I held out hope and like I
told the judge, even at the end I argued with him, I said, I don' t really feel
I' m guilty. I don' t feel I did anything. I may have had a past but I did my
time, but, geez, for the past 14 years I haven' t committed a crime."

The next hearings in the Poirier case are set to start Feb. 2. At that time,
Blom' s public defenders are expected to challenge what evidence can be
admitted at trial. He is accused of kidnapping Poirier, 19, of Barnum from a
Moose Lake convenience store last May and killing her.

Blom' s defense attorneys have said they plan to question the validity of
search warrants, lineups, witnesses' statements and scientific evidence
gathered against him.

A judge recently ruled that Blom' s 56-page confession, which he later
recanted, will be allowed at trial.
The following appears courtesy of the 1/11/00 online edition of The WCCO-TV,
local Minneapolis TV station web site:

Blom Sentenced To 19 Years, 7 Months

Sentence Was Handed Down For Conviction On Federal Firearms Charges

By James Craven, Staff Writer
January 11, 2000

MINNEAPOLIS, Posted 6:40 p.m. January 11, 2000 -- Donald Blom, the accused
kidnapper and killer in the Katie Poirier case, was sentenced Tuesday to 19
years and seven months in prison on federal firearms charges

Blom, 50, of Richfield, Minn., appeared before U.S. District Judge John
Tunheim.

Tunheim was the judge who agreed to move the trial to Minneapolis because of
concerns that it would be hard for Blom to get a fair trial in northeastern
Minnesota where the crimes occurred. He had rejected a defense motion to hold
the trial in another state.

Blom was allowed to make a statement to the court.

"I have a lot of anger -- I will lose my freedom -- I know inside I am not
guilty -- I know now or later the truth will come out," WCCO-TV reported Blom
saying. "I am not guilty of killing Katie Poirier; I never met her. I'm not the
man."

He also verbally attacked several government witnesses and wondered why they
had not been charged.

Blom, a six-time convicted sex offender, was charged with being a felon in
possession of two shotguns, a rifle and a pistol. The firearms were recovered
from his vacation property near Moose Lake during the investigation of
Poirier's abduction from DJ's Conoco, where she was working alone the night of
May 26, 1999.

It took a federal jury less than an hour to convict Blom on Nov. 3, 1999.

Attorneys for Blom had asked for a sentence not to exceed 15 years, but
prosecutors requested a 19- to 24-year-sentence on the gun charges.

WCCO-Radio reported that the judge had denied every motion made by the defense
on Tuesday.

Blom's conviction stems from when authorities searched his Moose Lake property
for evidence in the Poirier abduction and found hunting rifles. As a convicted
felon, it was illegal for Blom to possess guns.

Blom has maintained throughout his trial that the only reason authorities
prosecuted him is because they think he killed Poirier.

Blom originally confessed to abducting and killing Poirier as part of what Blom
contends was a plea agreement, but the agreement fell through when Blom refused
to plead guilty and then recanted the confession.
The following appears courtesy of the 1/12/00 online edition of The WCCO-TV,
local Minneapolis, Minnesota TV sation web site:

Poirier Family Reacts To Blom Sentence

They Want To Concentrate On Katie's Memory, Not Blom

By James Craven, Staff Writer
January 12, 2000,

MINNEAPOLIS, January 12, 2000 -- The family of Katie Poirier was in court
Tuesday to watch the sentencing of the man suspected of killing their daughter
on an unrelated charge.

Donald Blom, who was convicted on federal weapons charges in November, was
sentenced to 19 years and seven months in prison for illegally possessing an
assortment of firearms.

The 50-year-old Richfield, Minn., resident is a six-time convicted felon. He
was charged with being a felon in possession of two shotguns, a rifle and a
pistol. The firearms were recovered from his vacation property near Moose Lake
during the investigation of Poirier's abduction from DJ's Conoco, where she was
working alone the night of May 26, 1999.

Police believe that Blom killed the young woman and then disposed of her body
in a fire pit

Pam Poirier was on hand as Judge John Tunheim sentenced Blom.

"[I'm] a little disappointed," Katie's mother told WCCO-TV. "I thought it would
have been a little higher, but at least we got him off the street for 19-plus
years."

Poirier's brother, Patrick, said he didn't think any sentence could be enough.

"He'll never suffer as much as we suffer," he said, adding that it was worth it
to be there and see the judge sentence Blom to "235 months and watching him
just sink."

Blom spoke for about 25 minutes, telling the court that he believes his
prosecution was politically motivated.

"I don't think anybody else would get this time for what I did -- I am
innocent," he said. "This is all over the Katie Poirier case. I would not be
here if not for that."

Blom strongly denied being involved in Poirier's disappearance.

"I may have had a past," he said. "I did my time, but for the last 14 years I
haven't committed a crime."

"I am not guilty of killing Katie Poirier -- I have never met her -- I am not
the man," he said.

Tunhiem told the court he was not considering the Poirier case in making his
sentencing decision. Instead, he said that he focused on Blom's past record as
a violent criminal. He called the sentence "harsh, but appropriate," WCCO-TV
reported.

Blom's attorney, John Holmstrom, was ambiguous on the sentence.

"If Donald Blom was sentenced for the abduction and death of Katie Poirier, the
sentence was too short -- no question about it," he told WCCO-TV. "If Donald
Blom is innocent of the abduction and death of Katie Poirier, the sentence is
too long."

Pam Poirier said she wants to stop thinking about Blom and concentrate on her
daughter.

"I'm dealing with the ghosts right now of not having my daughter," she said. "I
don't have time to worry about Donald Blom and what he's trying to do.

"He's not worth it."
The following appears courtesy of the 1/12/00 online edition of The
minneapolis Star-Tribune newspaper:

Blom sentenced to more than 19 years on weapons charges

Larry Oakes Staff Writer

Wednesday, January 12, 2000

Donald Blom, the accused kidnapper and killer of Kathlyn (Katie) Poirier, was
sentenced Tuesday in federal court in Minneapolis to 19 years and seven months
in prison for possessing guns.

U.S. District Judge John Tunheim said that the sentence reflects Congress'
desire to hit violent "armed career criminals" hard when they refuse to stay
away from guns, and that it had nothing to do with public outrage over the
Poirier case -- as both Blom and his attorney, Richard Holmstrom, alleged.

Federal rules required Tunheim to sentence Blom to at least 15 years. Assistant
U.S. Attorney R.J. Zayed argued that the judge reasonably could have gone as
high as 24 years.

Blom said before sentencing that even 15 years would be a "stupid, horrendous
sentence" for handling hunting guns.

Steve Poirier, the father of 19-year-old Katie Poirier, said afterward that he
was relieved Blom will be put away for a long time, regardless of whether he's
convicted of killing his daughter.

"I'm also happy he got mad," said Poirier, of Barnum, Minn., referring to an
outburst by Blom in the courtroom. "He kept calling it a dumb gun charge. I
think he just got woke up a bit."

The sentencing followed a courtroom scene in which Blom, unshackled and in
civilian clothes, stood at a podium and read a 30-minute statement. He denied
killing Poirier, blasted prosecutors and witnesses for alleged lies and accused
the government of pursuing the gun case to avenge Poirier's death.

"It's an immature use of power to take my life away on the assumption that I
would be found guilty in the state case," said the 50-year-old convicted sex
offender and former janitor from Richfield. ". . . The goal is to put me away,
guilty or not."

Zayed countered that Blom deserved a long sentence for the gun offense alone,
because by his own conduct he triggered a mechanism designed to take habitual
criminals off the streets.

He said Blom's criminal record began 34 years ago and includes nine adult
convictions, eight of which involved violence.

"The bottom line is, he kidnapped and raped a number of young women, children
[of] 18, 17, 15," Zayed said. "There were a lot of serious crimes."

But when Zayed said that "the government is proud of what it's done in this
case and would do it again," Blom exploded: "I can't listen to this. . . .
This is bullshit!"

Blom apologized for his outburst. Tunheim said it was all right and then gave
Blom the longest sentence he could without departing from guidelines.

Motions were denied

Tunheim told Blom that long sentences are exactly what Congress intended for
defendants who have a history of violent crimes and are caught with guns.

"You have not been treated differently," the judge said. ". . . It's
unfortunate you've chosen to minimize your conduct."

Before issuing the sentence, Tunheim denied Holmstrom's motion for a downward
departure from the guidelines and Zayed's motion for an upward departure. The
guidelines called for about 15 years to 19 years and seven months. He said the
high end of that range was warranted.

Federal rules allow no parole for the offense but do allow reductions for good
behavior. Karen Bailey, a spokeswoman for the U.S. attorney's office in
Minneapolis, said federal prisoners can get up to 54 days a year off their
sentences for good conduct. That means Blom would serve about 17 years even
with maximum credit for good behavior.

A federal jury on Nov. 3 convicted Blom of possessing four guns investigators
found on his Moose Lake-area vacation property, where they were searching for
signs of Katie Poirier. They also found burned bits of human remains; they say
dental records tie them to Poirier.

Blom, who faces state charges of kidnapping and first-degree murder, has been
in the Carlton County jail. A trial date has not be set. He was transferred
back to the jail Tuesday.

Blom makes accusations

St. Louis County District Court Judge Gary Pagliaccetti recently ruled that
Blom's 56-page confession, which he later recanted, will be allowed in the
murder trial.

A document filed Tuesday in Carlton County District Court shows that Blom's
anger isn't limited to the federal system.

In a Jan. 4 handwritten letter to Pagliaccetti, Blom accused the judge of being
swayed by public and political sentiment, including in the ruling that allows
the confession to be used as evidence. Blom's attorneys had argued that the
admission was part of a failed plea bargain and therefore should be suppressed.

"I know you will make more obvious rulings for the prosecution," Blom wrote. ".
. . You allowed the prosecutor and others to lie and stall eight months now.
You are a liar. You'll live with it."

In his statement to the court Tuesday, Blom also accused the main witnesses
against him in the gun case of lying.

He claimed that a Minneapolis couple who told authorities they gave Blom guns
as payment for work on their house later admitted they were after reward money
or a book or movie deal. He also charged that prosecutors rewarded another
witness by not pursuing charges against him. That witness, an ex-convict Blom
befriended in prison, testified that the two had hunted together.

Zayed called Blom's claims "outrageous and baseless accusations I will not
dignify with a response."

Tunheim ordered that Blom be put on probation for five years after completion
of his federal sentence, with conditions that include registering as a sex
offender.

Blom and his family have said the federal sentence could be a death sentence
because Blom is in poor health, having endured throat cancer and a damaged
thyroid. Tunheim said he plans to order a psychological and physical
examination for Blom.

At Holmstrom's request, Tunheim also released the attorney from further
representing Blom. He said he'll order the federal public defender's office to
assign a lawyer to handle any appeals of Blom's conviction or sentence.

Poirier's parents, brother and grandfather attended the sentencing.

"I would have liked [a longer sentence], but that was wishful thinking," said
Patrick Poirier, Katie's brother. "There's no sentence that would bring Katie
back."
The following appears courtesy of the 9/16/99 online edition of The
Minneapolis Star-Tribune newspaper:

Published Thursday, September 16, 1999

Wetterling, other unsolved cases revisited in documents

Larry Oakes; Susan Hogan/Albach; Staff Writers

Donald Blom had an alibi for the Jacob Wetterling abduction and became enraged
when co-workers suggested that whoever kidnapped Jodi Huisentruit should kill
himself.

Those references to other unsolved, high-profile crimes appeared in documents
released Wednesday in the case against Donald Blom , the confessed killer of
convenience-store clerk Katie Poirier.

The reports show that as authorities focused in late June on Blom as a suspect
in Poirier 's abduction, they also looked for ties to some of the biggest
unsolved cases to grip the Upper Midwest in decades, including the April rape
and slaying of 12-year-old Cally Jo Larson, of Waseca, Minn.

According to an FBI report among the 1,500 pages of documents filed Wednesday
in Carlton County District Court, Blom took more than a casual interest in
comments made by co-workers at the Minneapolis Veterans Home while watching a
news report about the 1995 disappearance of Huisentruit, a TV anchorwoman from
Mason City, Iowa.

Citing information from employee Theresa Blackstone, the FBI report stated:
"During a news broadcast about the murder of Huisentruit, employees . . . made
comments that the perpetrator should take a knife and go out into the woods
implying suicide.

"Blom became so enraged by the comments that he made a formal complaint to
management. The two employees were reprimanded and given a 10-day suspension."

Investigators of Huisentruit's unsolved disappearance couldn't be reached
Wednesday for comment. They told the Star Tribune last week that they had not
ruled Blom out as a suspect in the case.

Denied Wetterling

Other reports released Wednesday say Blom and his now ex-wife, Kathy Pince,
were questioned in 1989 about the disappearance of Wetterling.

According to the reports, they told the FBI that Blom , then going by his birth
name of Donald Pince, was in Red Wing, Minn., at a picnic when Wetterling was
abducted near his home in St. Joseph, about 130 miles away. Others verified the
information, the report said.

"Pince stated that he spent six years in prison on a rape conviction and was
recently released in March of 1989," the report said. "Since then, he has been
contacted numerous times by local law enforcement, questioning his whereabouts
related to local assaults."

Waseca tie denied

On April 20, Cally Jo Larson was found hanging in her Waseca home, where she
had gone after the school bus dropped her off. She had been bound, sexually
assaulted and stabbed to death. Authorities disclosed earlier this summer that
Blom was in Waseca the previous month for a funeral, and then again on May 11,
12, 14 and 15.

Some of the reports released Wednesday contain references to the Larson case,
but none tied Blom directly to the crime.

Among the references:

- As deputies transported Blom to jail in the Poirier case, Blom asked "whether
the Waseca case would be tied to this one." Last week he told a reporter he had
never heard of the case.

- Blom 's wife, Amy, told the FBI that her husband couldn't have been involved
in Cally Jo's death because he was in the hospital on that date with breathing
difficulty. "When informed that Blom was discharged from the hospital at 3:45
a.m., she stated that he spent the day in bed with her."
The following appears courtesy of the 12/26/99 online edition of The
Minneapolis Star-Tribune newspaper:

Published Sunday, December 26, 1999

Poirier kidnapping was Minnesota's biggest crime story of 1999

Associated Press

A convicted sex offender dubbed "the most hated man in Minnesota" by his own
attorney will put the state's court system to the test in the new year.

Donald Blom will be tried in Virginia, Minn., for the kidnapping and murder of
Katie Poirier, bringing a climax to a story that grabbed the state's attention
and never let go after she disappeared May 26. The trial date hasn't been set.

Blom confessed in September but soon recanted and backed out of a plea
agreement that would have sent him to prison for life, saying he had been
pressured into admitting to something he didn't do. Blom and his attorneys say
that his account to investigators didn't fit the facts and that the evidence
points to other men.

The case already had given the state's justice system fits. Carlton County
District Judge Dale Wolf tried to throw Blom's public defenders off the case
and get them disbarred after the plea bargain fell apart. The chief district
judge for northeastern Minnesota stepped in and removed Wolf instead.

Giving Blom a fair trial will be another challenge for the court system. The
defense wanted Blom's trial moved out of Carlton County in hopes of getting a
jury less tainted by the intense pretrial publicity. But there isn't a corner
of the state where the case wasn't one of the top news stories of 1999, and
Blom has said Virginia isn't far enough away Carlton to make a difference.

"The nature of the crime touched a nerve with a lot of people," said Scott
Libin, news director at KSTP-TV, Channel 5.

A lot of people identify with Poirier and her family, and the suspect is "not a
sympathetic character," but rather a man with violent crimes on his record who
many people think never should have been let of prison, Libin said. And the
case just got stranger as it developed, he added.

"It became a case study of all the things that can happen in our justice
system," Libin said. " . . . It had humanity and some kind of visceral
connection with a lot of our viewers."

In the Poirier case, a fuzzy black-and-white security video showed a man
forcing her out of DJ's Expressway Conoco in Moose Lake, where she was working
alone the night of May 26. It was shown over and over again on TV stations
across Minnesota and surrounding states.

It continued with the hundreds of volunteers from across the state, law
enforcement officers and others who fanned out across the Moose Lake area and
put up posters all over Minnesota in a desperate hunt for clues.

Along the way, some of Blom's co-workers at the Minneapolis Veterans Medical
Center thought the janitor they knew as Donald Hutchinson looked like the man
on the surveillance tape and turned him in.

National Guard members got down on their hands and knees to comb Blom's
property near Moose Lake for the smallest fragments of evidence. TV helicopters
buzzed overhead as authorities pulled Blom's mobile home off its foundation to
look underneath.

Fragments of charred human bones and a tooth were found in a fire pit on the
property. They were too badly damaged for FBI experts to extract any DNA to
determine whether they were the remains of Poirier -- or somebody else. But a
filling in the tooth included a very new type of adhesive that Poirier's
dentist had used on her shortly before she disappeared.

The searches of Blom's Moose Lake property also turned up something to ensure
that Blom spends a long time in prison regardless of whether he's convicted in
the Poirier case: four guns. Because he has six felonies on his record,
including five sex offenses, Blom can't legally possess guns.

Even though Blom's federal firearms trial was moved from Duluth to Minneapolis
and people from northeastern Minnesota were excluded from the jury pool, each
juror had at least a passing familiarity with the Poirier case.

Defense attorney Richard Holmstrom begged jurors to focus strictly on whether
prosecutors had proved the firearms case.

"Donald Blom is the most hated man in Minnesota," Holmstrom said as he implored
them not to let the Poirier case affect their deliberations.

It took the jury less than an hour to find him guilty Nov. 3.

Under the federal Armed Career Criminal Act, Blom faces a mandatory minimum
sentence of 15 years in prison but he could draw up to a life sentence. Blom
has said he expects to spend the rest of his life in prison on the weapons
conviction alone.

He'll find out that sentence Jan. 11.

Lyynn69520

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
Joe...

excellent post RE: Donald Blom....
facinating

Joe1orbit

Jan 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/13/00
lyynn...@aol.com (Lyynn69520) Wrote:

Hello,

Thanks! Always nice to know that my hard and dedicated, albeit pleasurable
crime news posting work, is appreciated.

I absolutely agree, this is a fascinating case and Donald deserves to be
better known, in the true crime community.

Take care, JOE