Police in IN announce they now believe gay serial killer Herbert Baumeister claimed at least 16 victims!

Joe1orbit

Apr 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/28/98

Hello,

Here is a VERY interesting update on Herbert R. Baumeister, the wealthy
businessman who shot himself to death on the grounds of his 18 acre estate in
Indiana back in 1996, after police found human remains buried on the property.
Police eventually recovered remains from SEVEN people, all of them male, and
they obviously concluded that Herbert was indeed a serial killer. Since he was
dead, they obviously could not interview or interrogate him. Nevertheless, they
continued their investigation, trying to find out if Herbert claimed any
additional lives, beyond these seven. Guess what? After a 2 year intensive
investigation, cops are now saying that Herbery is not just a serial killer,
but a PROLIFIC serial killer, who has claimed at least SIXTEEN lives! That is
impressive!

Yup, Nine additional bodies have been found, of murdered men, and detectives
say there is enough evidence for them to conclude that Herbert murdered these
nine men as well, despite the fact that their bodies or remains were NOT found
on Herbert's property, as the other seven victims were. Herbert was 49 years
old when he killed himself in 1996. The first of these 16 murders was committed
around 1980, which means Herbert was 33 or so years old when he began his
serial killing career.

The nine victims who were not found on Herbert's estate were all killed in
the same fashion, and dumped into shallow streams in IN and OH. An eyewitness
saw Herbert leaving a nightclub with one of the nine men, shortly before the
man was killed. That is what led police to conclude that the nine killings were
all the work of Herbert. The modus operandi certainly indicates that all nine
were killed by a single, solo, serial killer.

He committed most of these 16 killings between 1980 and 1990, then
drastically cut down or stoped altogether, once again destroying the MYTH that
serial killers are some type of mindless killing ROBOTS who cannot stop
themselves from killing, or choose to end their killing spree.

Herbert was married, and his wife & family apparently had little if any
knowledge that Herbert was sexually attracted to men, and engaged in homosexual
activities. Most or all of Herbert's 16 victims were known to be gay, and it
appears quite clear that Herbert is another gay serial killer, who likely was
enraged over his own sexuality, and enraged over how his society marginalizes
and ridicules gay men. The attitude of society towards gay men, who most often
recognize that they are gay at age 10-15, causes these boys and men to develop
either self-hatred, or hatred towards their bigoted society. Those men who are
rational and intelligent EMBRACE this rage and hate, and turn it OUTWARD,
rather than inward. We all know that many adolescents who commit suicide are
gay, and are in emotional torment over their sexuality, due to how society
treats the issue of gayness.

People like John Gacy, Herbert Baumeister, even Jeffrey Dahmer, choose to
hide their sexuality, and yet still to embrace the glory and uniqueness and
VALUE of their own lives. This leads to suppressed homicidal rage towards
fellow humans, gay men in particular. At first glance, you might think it would
make more sense for these gay men to target straight men, or societal leaders,
for their acts of violence. But if you think the situation through, you realize
that these gay men have no chance of altering the course of your pathetic
society, and the link between sexual pleasure and homicidal rage dictates that
they target fellow gay men, in order to achieve the most satisfaction,
pleasure, and cathartic relief of their homicidal rage.

I must say it is nice to see that Herbert is now being credited with 16
serial killings, rather than just seven. This truly does catapult Herb up into
the truly major leagues, in terms of body count total.Too bad Herbert killed
himself, and cannot know that he is finally being acknowledged as a PROLIFIC
serial killer.

Take care, JOE

The following appears courtesy of today's Associated Press news wire:

Cops Conclude Mass Murder in Ind.

GREENFIELD, Ind. (AP) - A businessman who committed suicide after human remains
were found on his country estate was responsible for killing 16 men in all,
including nine whose bodies were found elsewhere, authorities concluded.

Police made their conclusions public Monday, saying a new eyewitness account
helped them solve murders, chiefly of gay men, that date to 1980.

``Until someone comes up with some evidence to prove it's different, we'll
continue to think that all the cases were done by the same person,'' Hancock
County Sheriff James Bradbury said.

Herbert R. Baumeister was 49 when he fatally shot himself in July 1996, days
after police started investigating human remains found at his 18-acre Fox
Hollow Farm. In all, seven victims were found there.

In February, a witness identified Baumeister, through a photograph, as the man
seen leaving an Indianapolis nightclub with Michael Riley in May 1983. Riley's
partially nude body was later found in a small stream.

It was that information that led authorities to conclude that Baumeister was
behind the killing of Riley and eight other men whose nude or partially nude
bodies were found in shallow streams across central Indiana and western Ohio.

Police say the nine murders, committed between 1980 and 1990, have striking
similarities: All the victims were partially unclothed, found near water, and
most had been strangled. The victims were all from Indianapolis.

Police have said Baumeister apparently led a double life - a family man who
also frequented gay bars and had sexual encounters with men.

Bradbury said all of the nine victims whose bodies were found elsewhere had
links to the gay community, and investigators have said previously that they
believed the seven victims found on the Baumeister property were gay. Three of
those seven, however, were never identified.
AP-NY-04-28-98
The following appears courtesy of today's United Press International news
wire:

Tuesday April 28, 1998

Sheriffs link 9 deaths to Indiana man

GREENFIELD, Ind., April 28 (UPI) After an exhaustive investigation, sheriffs
in Indiana and Ohio have linked the mysterious deaths of nine men to an
Indianapolis thrift-store owner who committed suicide in 1996.

The sheriffs say Herbert Baumeister preyed on men he met at a gay theater,
apparently strangled at least nine victims between 1980 and '90, and dumped
their partially nude bodies in shallow streams or culverts.

Baumeister also may have killed another seven, unidentified men whose bones
were unearthed on his central Indiana hobby farm in 1996.

The identified victims were between ages 15 and 29. Their bodies were found in
three Indiana and two Ohio counties within 70 miles of Baumeister's farm north
of Indianapolis.

In Greenfield, Hancock County Sheriff's Deputy Fred Bixler says today common
elements in nine cases led to the conclusion that Baumeister was the killer.

Bixler says, ``There are enough similarities for investigators to think they're
linked.''

The connections began unfolding after the bones were found accidentally by a
worker digging around a shallow stream on Baumeister's farm in mid-1996. A few
days later Baumeister killed himself, triggering the regional probe.

Sheriffs in Indiana's Hancock, Hamilton and Shelby counties and Ohio's Darke
and Preble counties began comparing notes about bodies found over a 16-year
span. Preble County had four cases, Hamilton two, and each of the other
counties had one.

Hancock County investigators say they broke the case two months ago when they
showed photos of Baumeister to a friend of one victim, Michael Riley. The
friend recognized Baumeister as the man seen with Riley before he died in 1983
outside the Vogue Theater, a gay movie house in Indianapolis.

Joe1orbit

Apr 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/28/98

Hello,

Here is a more detailed article on serial killer Herbert Baumeister, and the
press conference that was held earlier today by police and investigators, to
announce that they are raising Herbert's body count total from 7 to 16, and
formally crediting him with nine additional murders, above and beyond the seven
bodies that were found on Herbert's estate back in 1996.

First of all, if any of you have not seen photographs of Herbert, you can
view a rather small, but also very clear and full facial photo of Herbert by
mosying on over to the following URL:

http://www.starnews.com/news/Metrostate/98/apr/0427SN_solve.html

Herbert is quite a handsome fellow, in his own way. He's wearing a nice suit
and tie in the photo, as befits a wealthy businessman.

We learn below that Herbert killed exclusively white men. And targeted onlyu
young men and boys, as well. It seems clear that he had quite specific tastes
when it came to choosing his victims. We also get confimation that MORE than
seven victims could be buried at Herb's estate. The total could be as high as
ten, but bone fragments have only been confirmed to have come from seven
different victims. Herbert was no impersonal gun killer, he liked to get up
close and hands-on in his harvestings, and so he manually strangled most, if
not all, of his victims to death.

We learn about more circusmstantial evidence that links Herb to the nine
young white men whose bodies were found dumped in small bodies of water.
Herbert was known to visit he areas in Ohio where some of the discarded bodies
were found, he was known to hang out at a club during the time that a victim
who also attended this club regularly, disappeared & was later found dead, one
of the string of 9.

All of the investigators agree that the nine new killings were committed by
ONE man, and the evidence does point very strongly towards Herb. In an
interesting detail, we learn that Herb committed ALL of his murders between the
months of May and October. Interesting. I guess the warm weather just seemed to
get Herb all hot & bothered, and in a killing mood.

Take care, JOE

The following appears courtesy of the 4/28/98 online edition of The
Indianapolis Star-News newspaper:

Baumeister suspected in additional deaths

By Rob Schneider
Indianapolis Star/News

GREENFIELD, Ind. (April 27, 1998) -- The partially nude bodies of nine young,
white males, dumped into shallow streams across central Indiana and western
Ohio over the course of a decade, was an image that has haunted investigators.

Monday, some of those investigators laid the deaths at the feet of Herbert R.
Baumeister, a man whose name raises other macabre images.

Baumeister committed suicide in July of 1996, less than two weeks after the
discovery of human bones on his 18-acre Fox Hollow Farm in Hamilton County.
Authorities say they have unearthed the remains of seven to 10 individuals
there.

Baumeister now is a suspect in at least 16 deaths.

At a press conference held by investigators from Hancock, Shelby and Hamilton
counties, Hancock County Sheriff James Bradbury said investigators believe
Baumeister was responsible for the nine killings between 1980 and 1990.

The men ranged in age between 15 and 29 and their bodies were found in
Hamilton, Hancock, Shelby counties as well as in Preble and Darke counties just
across the Indiana line in Ohio.

Bradbury explained the strongest link between Baumeister and the nine deaths
was the murder of Michael A. Riley. Riley was last seen leaving the Vogue
Theater in Indianapolis in May of 1983.

His partially nude body was found in a small stream in Hancock County. He was
neither the first nor the last, but had something in common with the other
victims, Bradbury explained.

"They were all found in a small body of water. They were all dumped over a
concrete culvert out in rural parts of the county that just wasn't your every
day traveled parts of the county. All were partially nude. All were white
males. They all had ties to the gay community in one way or another."

Where the condition of the body allowed investigators to determine a cause of
death, it was the same -- strangulation.

The Riley murder had one thing the other eight cases didn't -- a witness.

On the night Riley disappeared, the witness saw him leave the Vogue with
another person.

Until the Baumeister case exploded, though, investigators didn't have a
suspect.

This February, Bradbury took a picture of Baumeister to the witness.

Prior to seeing the picture, the witness had recalled the man leaving with
Riley was wearing a watch with a leather band with a silvery lining on the
outside.

The picture wasn't a help. Trying to think back to five minutes of his life 15
years ago, the witness was unable to identify Baumeister. But then, Bradbury
found another picture of Baumeister, taken 30 days before Riley disappeared.
That's the man, the witness said.

In the second picture, Baumeister was wearing a watch with a dark band with a
stainless steel edge.

Investigators determined other facts that pointed toward Baumeister. He was
known to hang out at the Vogue during the time Riley disappeared. He was known
to visit the area of Ohio where the bodies were found. He was known to wear the
type of clothing the witness recalled -- a pressed button down shirt.

"I believe there is enough to obtain a conviction on Michael Riley," Bradbury
maintained.

All along investigators have assumed the same person committed the murders, he
noted. "Until someone comes up with some evidence to prove it's different,
we'll continue to think that all the cases were done by the same person."

Hamilton County investigators have taken a similar stance, said Sgt. Kenneth
Whisman.

Two of the nine bodies were found in Hamilton County, and Whisman said his
department will consider those cases closed unless something comes up.

"That decision is based on the common theme and method," Whisman said.

As for the bodies at the Baumeister property, Whisman said there was some
evidence from the recovered bones that the victims could have been strangled.

However, it couldn't be determined if this occurred before or after death, he
added.

One of the bodies was found in Shelby County, and Sheriff C. Michael Herndon
reached a similar conclusion about Baumeister.

"We think we have enough to convince a reasonable person," the sheriff said,
alluding to other ties among the cases.

One was the time of year when the victims disappeared. It was always in the
months between May and October. That also coincided with the pattern of
disappearance for those whose remains were found on the Baumeister property, at
least for those victims whose identities have been established.

Nearly all the victims were men who disappeared off the streets of
Indianapolis.

"What we're going to say in Shelby County is that we will not do any additional
work on the Jimmy Robbins homicide from this point on unless something new
develops," Herndon said.

A Preble County investigator has told Bradbury that Ohio authorities agree with
the Indiana investigators' position.

Investigators had told some victims' families of their decision.

One family appeared to be disappointed the suspect was dead. Another family was
told police hoped the information would bring closure to the incident.

The information, though, didn't seem to help.

"There will never be closure," was their response.

freakout

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

In article <199804281449...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
joe1...@aol.com says...(snipped)

> Here is a VERY interesting update on Herbert R. Baumeister(Snipped)

>investigation, cops are now saying that Herbery is not just a serial killer,
>but a PROLIFIC serial killer, who has claimed at least SIXTEEN lives!

> Herbert was married,

> Take care, JOE

thanks for the update Joe.there was a special on about herb a while back & i
had an e-mail discussion awhile back discussing
this case .the thought from the person then was that some unsolved murders
in Ohio might be the work of Herb. i am sure it will be most gratifying to
this individual to learn the info you posted.as an aside i wonder what has
happened to Herb's wife? i enjoyed your discussion regarding gay murderers
and would like to hear your comments regarding why young black men are often
more likely to murder members of their own race rather than their oppressors.

Joe1orbit

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

frea...@iac.net (freakout) Wrote:

>thanks for the update Joe.there was a special on about herb a while back & i
>had an e-mail discussion awhile back discussing
>this case .

Hello,

You're very welcome. I watched that special, think it was a one hour
documentary, and a very interesting one. I wish I had recorded it, but
sometimes I decide to give my expensive vcr's a rest and don't record all crime
docu's.

>the thought from the person then was that some unsolved murders
>in Ohio might be the work of Herb. i am sure it will be most gratifying to
>this individual to learn the info you posted.

Yup, I think that police considered Herbert a suspect in those 9 killing for
at a year already, but they didn't have enough solid evidece to feel
comfortable in publically naming him as the killer. When the eyewitness came
forward and said that he had seen Herb at a nightclub, LEAVING the club with
one of the 9 victims, shortly before the victim was killed, that was enough to
push investigators over the top and decide to go public with their belief that
Herbert killed all 16 of these men/boys.

>as an aside i wonder what has
>happened to Herb's wife?

That is an interesting question. I would assume that she inherited the
estate, and is quite wealthy, and being quite young, is moving on with her
life. She never faced any type of criminal charges in terms of lnowing about
what Herb was up to, during or after the killing spree. Looks like Herb did a
very good job of keeping his homosexuality, as well as his homicidal
activities, a secret.

> i enjoyed your discussion regarding gay murderers
>and would like to hear your comments regarding why young black men are often
>more likely to murder members of their own race rather than >their oppressors.

Society teaches young black men that they are INFERIOR to whites. It teaches
them that their lives are intrinsically LESS VALUABLE than the lives of whites.
This angers young black men, but not enough for them to recognize or embrace
the TRUTH. Society succeeds in brainwashing them into accepting, on an INTERNAL
level, that black men ARE less valuable, less intelligent, less worthy of
achieving financial success, less deserving of a safe and benign lifestyle.

Thus it is that young black men choose to hang out together in the streets,
play around with inferior and cheap guns, alter their brain chemistry via
alcohol & drugs, etc... They accept what their society taught them, and that is
the True Reality of race and personal INFERIORITY. They do not aspire to
"justice", because they know justice does not and cannot exist within the
society to which they are beholden. They do not aspire to vengeance against
their oppressors because deep down, they BELIEVE that they are Inferior. They
have been successfully brainwashed.

Still, they feel internal rage and hate over their situation. So they try to
develop their own "closed" culture. They even create a new LANGUAGE for
themselves, using slang words. This is done in order to SEPARATE themselves
from the society into which they were born. This separation is ENCOURAGED by
society. The separation serves to cause the young enraged black men to mingle
with their own kind, and to waste their lives in petty disputes and flare-ups
of misdirected rage, which results in blacks killing fellow blacks.

IMO, the USA should create STATES where ONLY black people could live, and
other states where ONLY white people could live. Keep 46 or 44 states
integrated, but make 4-6 states SEGREGATED. This way, whites who hate blacks
could move to a state in which they would be assured of never having to deal
with any black people, and blacks who hate whites would be able to move to a
state where they could fully embrace their black heritage while STILL enjoying
all of the perks that come with being a citizen living in the USA. If this
society were a RATIONAL one, it would create these types of segregated states,
although I do acknowledge that the technical aspects of seizing the property
and forcing relocation of MILLIONS of people who are of the "wrong" race, would
pose a very difficult problem. The financial renumeration for these forcibly
displaced citizens would have to run into the BILLIONS of dollars. Still, it
would be the RATIONAL way to deal with the racial problem that exists in the
USA.

Take care, JOE