Murder suspect just out of prison for stabbing another girlfriend

E/C Annie

Jul 24, 2005, 9:29:35 PM7/24/05
Posted on Sun, Jul. 24, 2005
MANCHESTER, N.H. - The man accused of killing a Manchester woman last
week spent more than a decade in prison in Pennsylvania for stabbing a
previous girlfriend in 1994, according to the New Hampshire Sunday
News.

Robert Lopez, 35, is accused of second-degree murder in the death of
19-year-old Brandi Bernard last Thursday. An autopsy found Bernard died
of multiple blows to the head. Family members said Bernard was about 10
weeks pregnant with the couple's child.

In January 1994, Lopez stabbed Libby Williams 13 times on her face,
neck, head, torso, arms and hands, nearly killing her. Surgeons had to
remove half of a 7-inch knife from Williams' skull and ear, according
to newspaper reports at the time.

The stabbing took place in Bethlehem, Pa. Family members said Williams
was trying to break up with Lopez at the time.

Assistant Attorney General David Ruoff declined to discuss Lopez's
criminal history Sunday. He said investigators are still trying to
determine what weapon was used in Bernard's death.

Lopez's sister, Brunilda Lopez of Manchester, told the Sunday News he
was released from prison in January and moved to Manchester, where he
began dating Bernard in April.

Brunilda Lopez said her brother sneaked into her apartment after
killing Bernard, took off his boots and put on her son's sneakers, then
drove away in her 2004 Ford Explorer.

"I love my brother, but he deserves what he gets," she said.

Bernard knew about Lopez's criminal past, but stayed with him anyway,
she said.

"She had a huge heart," Brunilda Lopez said. "She wanted to help him.
She loved my brother so much. Why, I don't know."

Lopez was arrested Friday at his mother's home in Newark, N.J, and is
awaiting extradition to New Hampshire.

His mother told the Sunday News that he apologized for the killing.

"He said, 'Ma, Im sorry. I just flipped. She kept saying she was going
to take the baby away from me,'" Carmen Torres said. "I said, 'Robert,
that's not a reason why you gotta do that to her."

The victim's mother, Christina Chenette, said her daughter never
mentioned Lopez's criminal past.

"She only knew what he wanted her to know," Chenette said. "He conned
her. ... She didn't know the other side of Robert, obviously. None of
us did."

Bernard and Lopez fought a lot, and last week Bernard moved back into
her mother's house and told Lopez they couldn't be together unless he
got help, Chenette said.

Lopez apologized and promised to get help. He convinced Chenette to let
him live with them until he could find another place to live, she said.

"I felt it would be OK because I was there to watch over her," the
victim's mother said.

Lopez's mother said both Bernard and Chenette knew about Lopez's past,
but told her they thought he deserved a second chance.

His mother and sister both said Lopez was jealous and accused Bernard
of having other lovers. He also suspected that the baby might not be
his, they said.

In one telephone conversation, according to Torres, Lopez said, "If the
baby's not mine, I'm going to rip her neck off."

Brunilda Lopez said her brother's suspicions were unjustified.

"She loved my brother," Brunilda said. "She went straight home to that
man."

http://www.timesleader.com/mld/timesleader/news/local/12213566.htm

E/C Annie

Jul 24, 2005, 9:37:21 PM7/24/05

E/C Annie wrote:
> Posted on Sun, Jul. 24, 2005
> MANCHESTER, N.H. - The man accused of killing a Manchester woman last
> week spent more than a decade in prison in Pennsylvania for stabbing a
> previous girlfriend in 1994, according to the New Hampshire Sunday
> News.

<snip>

OMG, he's bald and she was pregnant.......... annie

Photos at this site:
http://www.theunionleader.com/articles_showfast.html?article=58176

JayCee

Jul 24, 2005, 11:25:02 PM7/24/05

Oh well, too bad for her. She chose to date a "bad boy", and look what
it got her. Stupid cunt.

goddar...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2014, 2:14:21 PM4/25/14
Your an asshole idiot JayCee

sach...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2014, 11:10:19 PM9/26/14
People should be more aware of those being nice, cause they are nice for a reason, Lady's pls. beware of guys telling you what you want to hear, real guys that care about you will always give you an honest opinion, be smart about who you date and dont fall for it at the first time.....

sfbryan...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2015, 1:50:48 AM2/13/15
Jaycee: What the fuck is wrong with you? You P.O.S! It's amazing how piece of shit men think that they can crawl all over a woman because "they own her". I have been abused by you guys several times.
HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED! SHE DID NOT DESERVE WHAT SHE GOT. THAT'S WHAT WE GET FOR PINING FOR YOU. FUCK OFF

yosemit...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2015, 6:15:46 PM4/1/15
I'll jump in here though I'm betting JayC is still an asshole after all these years. Idiot, hope you get yours.

lizz...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2019, 5:43:47 PM7/29/19
You are a SUPER STUPID DICK.. DUMB AZZ. The same SHIT should happen to you!!!

canthut...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2020, 2:13:50 PM1/30/20
Update JayC is probably still an asshole after another 5 years lmao cunt

hijhg...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2020, 5:16:38 PM7/25/20
And hopefully 6 feet under

Linda Clark

Jul 29, 2023, 8:34:10 PM7/29/23
On Friday, April 25, 2014 at 2:14:21 PM UTC-4, goddar...@gmail.com wrote:
> Your an asshole idiot JayCee
WOW, you're probably one of those guys who ALWAYS gets REJECTED by classy women. That's the ONLY reason why you can make a statement like that. A female gave birth to you, maybe you have sisters or a niece. Stop walking around being so SOFT, toughen up and STOP cheering for the bad boys Ole Softy!!!!

Greg Carr

Jul 29, 2023, 11:54:07 PM7/29/23
So this turned into a dump on Jaycee thread.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2992934/ They made a TV thing in 2012 about violent to women Lopez.

Monster Inside: Robert Lopez
Episode aired Apr 25, 2013
TV-14
43m
IMDb RATING
YOUR RATING
The Killer Speaks (2012)
Robert Lopez warned women he loved never to betray him. In 2005, after serving 10 years for stabbing and nearly killing his first girlfriend, Lopez had a new girlfriend. But when she gave Lopez reason to doubt her affection, he exacted fatal revenge.

https://www.fosters.com/story/news/local/2006/09/11/trial-begins-soon-man-charged/53038149007/ The first victim planned to be at his trial. The woman whose daughter was killed visits her grave. She also visits her daughter's grave every evening at dusk, sometimes playing her favorite song, "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)," on her car stereo.

"I will say, 'Brandi, why didn't you run out of the house? why didn't you call 911," Chenette said.

"I get no response," she said. "There will probably never be answers."

https://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/1d71n2/the_bitch_fucked_with_the_wrong_one/ The tat the killer got in prison. Death penalty is good.

.