Famous sci-fi writer Arthur C. Clarke proudly admits to being a pedophile & having sex with young boys,in interview

Hoover, J. Edgar

Jan 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/31/98

He wrote a book called "Childhood's End." He also wrote "Report on
Planet Three." It is a report about Earth by the Martian scientific
academy. They extoll the planet's virtues and examine the dominant
species, humans. They conclude no intelligent life exists.

Thanks for posting this story. Once again, you are an ace reporter.

Joe1orbit wrote:

> [...]
> India, where he has lived for the past 40 years and where sexual relationships
> between adult men and young boys are at least quasi-legal. When asked in the
> interview, flat out, whether he had sexual relations with young boys, Arthur
> simply said: "Yes."
>
> Arthur has written and published more than 80 books, and is regarded as one
> of the top sci-fi and space travel writers of all time. He is also 80 years
> old. I wonder whether he is startingto suffer just a bit from the old age
> disease of having loose lips, or if he simply realizes that the legal system
> cannot touch him, even when he proudly and forcefully admits that he sexually
> assaults young boys? Or at least he did in the PAST. Who knows if he still has
> a sexual drive, at age 80.
>
> Anyway, the Prince of England himself is about to bestow a Knighthood on
> Arthur, this coming Wednesday. And I'm quite sure that these public admissions
> of pedophilia will not cause the Prince or the British government to change
> their minds about declaring Arthur to be a new knight. After all, the Indian
> children that Sir arthur abuses are nothing more than worthless slaves, as are
> ALL children, in every nation on this Pathetic Planet.
>
> Take care, JOE
>
> The following appears courtesy of today's Agence France-Presse news wire:
>
> Arthur C. Clarke confesses paedophilia as Charles prepares to knight him
>
> Agence France-Presse
>
> Sat, 31 Jan 1998
>
> LONDON, Feb 1 (AFP) - The science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke on Sunday
> confessed in a newspaper interview to a life of paedophilia, as Prince Charles
> prepared to knight him on an official visit to Sri Lanka.
>
> Clarke, 80, who wrote "2001: A Space Odyssey" and who has lived in Sri Lanka
> for 40 years, said in the Sunday Mirror: "Once they have reached the age of
> puberty it is O.K. ... it doesn't do any harm."
>
> Speaking in his house in the capital Colombo, where Charles arrives Monday,
> Clarke said: "I'm trying to think of the youngest boy I have ever had because
> of course you can't tell here."
>
> Asked if he had had sexual relations with young boys he said simply "Yes".
>
> He added: "I think most of the damage comes from the fuss made by hysterical
> parents afterwards. If the kids don't mind, fair enough."
>
> Clarke was the first foreign celebrity to be given tax-free status in the
> country and is also Chancellor of Colombo's Moratuwa University.
>
> He is to be presented with his knighthood by Prince Charles at the British High
> Commission in Colombo on Wednesday after being named by Queen Elizabeth II in
> her New Year's honours list.
>
> Clarke has written more than 80 books about space travel and science fiction
> and has been hailed as a "prophet".
>
> After Sri Lanka, where he is due to take part in celebrations for the 50th
> anniversary of Sri Lankan independence, Charles will also visit Nepal and

Joe1orbit

Feb 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/1/98

GMSpider

Feb 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/1/98

In article <34D423...@absurd.net>, "Hoover, J. Edgar"
<highp...@absurd.net> writes:

>He wrote a book called "Childhood's End." He also wrote "Report on
Planet
>Three." It is a report about Earth by the Martian scientific
academy. They
>extoll the planet's virtues and examine the dominant
species, humans. They
>conclude no intelligent life exists.

Thanks for posting this story. Once
>again, you are an ace reporter.

I've read all his books, Hoover, he is a fantastic writer. I thought he
lived in Sri Lanka. Maybe he moved to India because of the problems
in Sri Lanka or maybe I was mistaken. Childhood's End was a great
book.

The law in other countries is not the same law as in the US. Children
in India are sometimes "married" at 5 & 6. Doesn't seem to be any
"age of consent" there, no labor laws either.

Grandmother Spider
Visit the Girl Gang Web Pages at
http://members.aol.com/gmspider/index.html

Joe1orbit

Feb 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/1/98

<highp...@absurd.net> writes:

>>He wrote a book called "Childhood's End." He also wrote "Report on
>Planet
>>Three." It is a report about Earth by the Martian scientific
>academy. They
>>extoll the planet's virtues and examine the dominant
>species, humans. They
>>conclude no intelligent life exists.
>
>Thanks for posting this story. Once
>>again, you are an ace reporter.

Hello,

Thanks for the info. Arthur was certainly on target with his conclusion
regarding the lack of intelligent life on this Patrhetic Planet. I'm always
looking to enhance my status as an ace reporter. :)

gmsp...@aol.com (GMSpider) Wrote:

>I've read all his books, Hoover, he is a fantastic writer. I thought he
>lived in Sri Lanka. Maybe he moved to India because of the problems
>in Sri Lanka or maybe I was mistaken. Childhood's End was a great
>book.

Hello Grandmother,

You were not mistaken regarding where Arthur lives. He DOES live in Sri Lanka
now, and has lived there for 40+ years. My geographical brilliance is not all
it's cracked up to be, and I had assumed, incorrectly, that Sri Lanka was a
CITY located inside of the country of India. I now realize that Sri Lanka is a
country, not a city. Sorry for my misleading and incorrect comments in my
initial post. My mistake. Nobody's perfeKt. :)

>The law in other countries is not the same law as in the US.

That is certainly true.

>Children
>in India are sometimes "married" at 5 & 6. Doesn't seem to be any
>"age of consent" there, no labor laws either.

The same is very likely true for Sri Lanka.

Take care, JOE

SkyWander2

Feb 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/1/98

>I'm always looking to enhance my status as an ace reporter. :)

Yeah? Better keep looking, Joe! "Ace reporters" usually don't embellish their
stories with the kind of personal crap you inflict on other readers. Why don't
you travel personally to every corner of the earth to find out the REAL facts?
(In fact, why don't you leave tonight?) You might think your personal spin on
every story is amusing, but sometimes there are details you DON'T know, and
your unthinking blase attitude drives a nail in where maybe, just maybe, a true
objective report wouldn't have.

I for one don't give a - * - for what you think happened to your
soul at 13. Doesn't give you the right to cause anyone else pain - - and some
of your stupid comments have done so.

Want to be an "ace" reporter? Try reporting accurately, then.

Joe1orbit

Feb 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/1/98

skywa...@aol.com (SkyWander2) Wrote:

>Yeah? Better keep looking, Joe!

Hello,

Some people here at the NG see me as an ace reporter. Others see me as a fool
and an inferior being. Both perspectives are totally meaningless to me. The
only thing that matters is how I see myself. And guess what? I see myself as
being an ace reporter.

> "Ace reporters" usually don't embellish their
>stories with the kind of personal crap you inflict on other >readers.

I will always decipher and analyze every news story that I post about, using
my brilliance and superior insight. If you don't like or appreciate my
brilliance, your best option would be to stop reading my posts.

> Why
>don't
>you travel personally to every corner of the earth to find out the REAL
>facts?
>(In fact, why don't you leave tonight?)

No, I do not take stupid advice from inferior humans.

> You might think your personal spin on
>every story is amusing, but sometimes there are details you DON'T know, and
>your unthinking blase attitude drives a nail in where maybe, just maybe, a
>true
>objective report wouldn't have.

I have no interest in being "amusing" in my commentary. My interest is in
expressing the truth about your inferior society, and about my True Reality. I
am not an "objective" reporter. I am a seeker of truth. An analyzer of fact. A
destroyer of societal hypocrisy.

>I for one don't give a - * - for what you think happened to your
>soul at 13.

Of course you don't. I don't expect anyone to give a f*ck about me. Luckily,
I am in love with myself, and relish my superiority over you humans.

> Doesn't give you the right to cause anyone else pain - - and some
>of your stupid comments have done so.

I have a right to do a LOT more than just cause people pain with my brilliant
insights. I know EXACTLY what my True Reality rights are, don't worry about
that.

>Want to be an "ace" reporter? Try reporting accurately, then.

As I stated above, if you find my posts to be incompatible with your mindset,
why not stop reading them? You can bet that I will NEVER change my posting
style in any way, to appease the brainwashing, pro-society sensibilities of
human beings.

Take care, JOE

JIM FILZ

Feb 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/2/98

Whatever happened to "Ceylon"?

Beth Meacham

Feb 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/2/98

JIM FILZ wrote in message <19980202114...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...
>Whatever happened to "Ceylon"?

The residents decided that they'd rather call their country by their own
name for it, than the British colonial name.

It's Sri Lanka.

I haven't read all of this thread, but I hope someone corrected the
confusion about where Mr. Clarke lives -- he does not live in India, he
lives in Sri Lanka.

Beth

Joe1orbit

Feb 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/2/98

Hello,

Here is an update on Arthur C. Clarke and his alleged admission to being a
pedophile and having sex with young boys in Sri Lanka. Arthur made this
admission to a British newspaper a few days ago. It looks like 80 year old
Arthur has consulted with an attorney and has now decided to deny that he made
any such admissions.

He also seems to be worried that Prince Charles will deny him his Knighthood,
and is urging the Prince to just ignore those "false" admissions and proceed
with the Knighting ceremony on Wednesday. A spokesperson for the British
government says that Arthur's knighthood indeed HAS been cancelled, or at the
very least, postponed. It will NOT take plave on Wednesday, and it seems
certain that this cancellation is due to the alleged admission of pedophilia
that Arthur made.

The country of Sri Lanka does apparently have SOME type of laws against
adults having sex with children, but the laws appear to be very loosly
enforced. I doubt that Arthur would face any type of criminal charges for
having made this admission, although IF he was caught in the act of having sex
with a young boy, that might very well result in some type of criminal charges
being filed.

Take care, JOE

The following appears courtesy of today's Associated Press news wire:

Arthur C. Clarke denies pedophilia report

February 2, 1998

By Dilip Ganguly, Associated Press

COLOMBO, Sri Lanka (AP) — Science fiction author Arthur C. Clarke today denied
a British tabloid's claim that he is a pedophile and asked that his knighthood
ceremony be postponed so not to embarrass Prince Charles.

"I am outraged by the Sunday Mirror's allegations, and I am seeking legal
advice,'' Clarke said in a statement read to reporters by his secretary, Roshan
Amarasekhara.

"Mr. Clarke is very upset by the false reports,'' Amarasekhara added.

The Mirror quoted Clarke discussing sex with young men and called him a
pedophile in its Sunday editions.

British High Commission spokesman Nick Astbury said Clarke's knighthood
ceremony had been postponed at Clarke's request. Prince Charles was to have
conferred the knighthood Wednesday.

The British-born Clarke, whose "2001: A Space Odyssey'' is one of the world's
best known works of science fiction, has lived in Sri Lanka since 1956.

The island nation off the southern tip of India has only recently taken steps
to fight its reputation as a place where wealthy foreigners can buy sex with
young men and boys. Estimates of young boys in the sex trade vary from 5,000 to
30,000.

The government last year raised maximum prison terms for pedophiles to 20
years, and private groups are campaigning against child sex tourism.

Hayley Jane Wakenshaw

Feb 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/2/98

According to the BBC Mr Clark has asked that his investiture be
postponed until the outrageous allegations against him have been
properly investigated. Seems he's a bit miffed now that everyone
is calling him a peodophile. It was emphasised that the knighting
of Arthur has been merely postponed and not cancelled, and that
this is at his own request to save Prince Charles any embarassment.

-Hayley

Don Sobwick

Feb 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/2/98
Dear Beth: I find this very hard to
believe. Debby S.<sarg...@injersey.com>

Beth Meacham

Feb 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/2/98

Don Sobwick wrote in message <34D666...@injersey.com>...

>Dear Beth: I find this very hard to
>believe. Debby S.<sarg...@injersey.com>

What do you find hard to believe? That Clarke lives in Sri Lanka? That Sri
Lanka was formerly Ceylon?

Eh?

Or that Mr. Clarke is gay? He is. That he is a pedophile? I hope that's
not true. He says it isn't.

Beth

Steven Thorpe a.k.a. thor

Feb 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/2/98
People, please.

Crazy Joe is just playing mind games with you. This story is from a
"tabloid" the Sunday Mirror.

Based on my "in-depth" research (similar to Crazy Joe's) I've discovered
that Clark has also admitted to having had sex with Elvis' female-alien-
clone.

--thor (For a good laugh call (joe) sou-less.)

Michael Newton

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

JIM FILZ wrote:

> Whatever happened to "Ceylon"?

It became Sri Lanka in 1972.

mn

GDolise

Feb 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/7/98

Clarke has denied he ever told the tabloid he had sex with young boys. He is
currently involved in a lawsuit with the tabloid. He has also requested that
his knighting ceremony be postponed until this mess is lceared up. I'll believe
the London tabloids right after the National Enquirer receives a pulitzer.

For the record, "Childhood's End has nothing to do with kids, it is about the
evolution of the human race. Clarke originally intended his book "2001" to be
titled "Childhood's Beginning."

Donald Caswell

Feb 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/7/98

I know that you can read, Joe, and so can everyone else on this
newsgroup. Your attempt to smear A. C. Clarke is pathetic - contradicted
by the story you post in its support. I have snipped several parts to
illustrate what you misrepresented in your preface to the AP wire
article.

The AP story said:

> COLOMBO, Sri Lanka (AP) — Science fiction author Arthur C. Clarke today denied
> a British tabloid's claim that he is a pedophile and asked that his knighthood
> ceremony be postponed so not to embarrass Prince Charles.

[and later in the same AP story] > British High Commission spokesman

Nick Astbury said Clarke's knighthood
> ceremony had been postponed at Clarke's request.

The full AP story for anyone who has not yet seen it.

Beth Meacham

Feb 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/7/98

GDolise wrote in message <19980207025...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

>For the record, "Childhood's End has nothing to do with kids, it is about
the
>evolution of the human race. Clarke originally intended his book "2001" to
be
>titled "Childhood's Beginning."

Childhood's End has a great deal to do with children, and their alienation
from their parents. However, it has nothing to do with sex.

Beth

Joe1orbit

Feb 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/7/98

Donald Caswell <cut2mai...@ix.netcom.com> Wrote:

>I know that you can read, Joe, and so can everyone else on this
>newsgroup.

Hello,

Yes, I can read very well, and do it quite often, in fact.

>Your attempt to smear A. C. Clarke is pathetic - contradicted
>by the story you post in its support.

I have no interest in smearing Arthur C. Clarke, although it is my opinion
that he indeed did and perhaps even does now, at age 80, have sex with young
boys. My statements reflect this belief, and I stand behind every sentiment
that I expressed.

>I have snipped several parts to
>illustrate what you misrepresented in your preface to the AP wire
>article.

I will reply to each of your IMAGINED misrepresentations.

>Joe1orbit wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Here is an update on Arthur C. Clarke and his alleged admission to being
>> pedophile and having sex with young boys in Sri Lanka. Arthur made this
>> admission to a British newspaper a few days ago. It looks like 80 year old
>> Arthur has consulted with an attorney and has now decided to deny that he
>made
>> any such admissions.

He did make the admission, and the admission was published in the London
Daily Mirror newspaper. After the publication, Arthur decided that he did not
want to be labelled a pedophile, consulted with an attorney, and chose to deny
what he had stated, only 2-4 days earlier, to the London Daily Mirror
newspaper.

>> He also seems to be worried that Prince Charles will deny him his
>Knighthood,
>> and is urging the Prince to just ignore those "false" admissions and
>proceed
>> with the Knighting ceremony on Wednesday.

If you research the thread, I think you will find that my above statement was
NOT attached to the AP wire report that you quote below. It was attached to an
EARLIER wire report, in which it states clearly that Arthur wanted to go ahead
with the knighting ceremony and did urge the Prince to proceed. Days later,
when Arthur realized the Prince did not WANT to knight Arthur, due to the
allegations against him, Arthur tried to save face by changing his tune and
asking the Prince to NOT go ahead with the knighting, because he KNEW that if
he did not do so, the Prince would cancel the ceremony and that would make
things look even worse for Arthur, in terms of his image.

Take care, JOE

Joe1orbit

Feb 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/7/98

Donald Caswell <cut2mai...@ix.netcom.com> Wrote:

>>I know that you can read, Joe, and so can everyone else on this
>>newsgroup.

Joe1...@aol.com Wrote:

Hello,

Well, I have examined the post that I made, that contained the below AP wire
article, and after reading it over, I will acknowledge that I was incorrect
when I stated that "Arthur is urging the Prince to just ignore those false
admissons and proceed with the knighting ceremony", in my above comments. That
sentence was written in error by me. When I do make a mistake, I admit it.

But I still believe that the only reason WHY Arthur asked the Prince to
postpone his scheduled Knighting, was because he was AFRAID that if HE did not
cancel, the Prince would cancel, and that would make him look even more GUILTY
and be even more harmful to his image.

Eric Cordian

Feb 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/7/98

Joe1orbit <joe1...@aol.com> wrote:

> He did make the admission, and the admission was published in the London
> Daily Mirror newspaper. After the publication, Arthur decided that he
> did not want to be labelled a pedophile, consulted with an attorney, and
> chose to deny what he had stated, only 2-4 days earlier, to the London
> Daily Mirror newspaper.

Yes and No. First, Clarke says he hasn't been sexually active in 20
years, and since he is now confined to a wheelchair with post-polio
syndrome, it is very unlikely that he is sexually active now.

Second, Clarke never used the word "pedophile." That is entirely a
fabrication of the "Daily Mirror." A pedophile is someone attracted to
pre-pubescent children. Clarke stated that he had engaged in sex with
teen boys in the past, and after repeated goading by the reporter, allowed
that it was possible that an occasional boy might have been younger, due
to the difficulty of exactly telling the age of foreign boys simply by
looking at them.

This is hardly some stunning admission of criminal activity, considering
that the Age-Of-Consent in Sri Lanka was 12 until pressure from the
various sex abuse whackos recently forced it up to 16.

All of this is Very Old News, and it is absurd to try and dig up dirt on
Clarke over decades old relationships, and even more absurd to try and fit
those relationships into the new morality being spewed forth by the
self-appointed child protectors today.

This story is simply a smear campaign against Clarke by the usual people
who have nothing better to do with their time but rail against imagined
pedophilia, timed to publicly embarrass him and prevent him from receiving
an honor he justly deserves.

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+

bruce p

Feb 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/8/98

And O.J. is innocent, right? He admitted it.

B <--- Drooling and waiting for next boat to Sri Lanka.

Donald Caswell wrote:

> I know that you can read, Joe, and so can everyone else on this

> newsgroup. Your attempt to smear A. C. Clarke is pathetic - contradicted
> by the story you post in its support. I have snipped several parts to

> illustrate what you misrepresented in your preface to the AP wire
> article.

K. Rasch

Feb 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/8/98

HOLD ON THERE MISTER!!! You ain't goin ANYWHERE without me!

krasch <-- grabbing Mr. P's ankles, and holding on for dear life...
damn, nice view up from here!!!