"'Bitter' Betty Broderick is Denied Parole"

dd...@bellsouth.net

Jan 22, 2010, 3:38:36 PM1/22/10
CRIME
'Bitter' Betty Broderick Is Denied Parole
Updated: 16 hours 26 minutes ago
Print Text Size E-mail More
Linda Deutsch
AP
CHINO, Calif. (Jan. 21) -- One-time San Diego socialite Betty
Broderick on Thursday was denied parole for fatally shooting her ex-
husband and his new wife more than 20 years ago, with a two-person
panel saying she remains angry and unrepentant over her crime.

The decision came after a dramatic five-hour hearing in which
Broderick's own four children were divided on whether she should win
her freedom. Two believed she should remain behind bars.

Board of Prison Terms Commissioner Robert Doyle, who delivered the
decision to Broderick, told her he had never seen an inmate who had
made so little progress in acknowledging what she had done.

"Your heart is still bitter, and you are still angry," he said. "You
show no significant progress in evolving. You are still back 20 years
ago in that same mode. You've got to move on."

Don Kohlbauer, San Diego Union Tribune / ZUMA Press
Betty Broderick's 1992 retrial was one of the first cases to air on
Court TV. She received two consecutive sentences of 15 years to life
in prison.

Broderick, 62, was convicted in 1991 of second-degree murder and
sentenced to 32 years to life in prison for the slayings. Her story
became the subject of a book and two TV movies. She has maintained she
was driven to kill by a bitter divorce and custody battle.

Deputy Commissioner Carol Bentley echoed her colleague's concerns,
saying Broderick could commit murder again if she was released.

The denial was for the longest term possible - 15 years - although
Broderick could reapply in three years if she makes progress.

Broderick, who wore a long pink sweat shirt over navy pants, delivered
a rambling commentary during the hearing. She claimed she didn't
intend to kill anyone when she went to the San Diego home of her
prominent lawyer ex-husband, Daniel Broderick III, and shot the couple
in their bed in 1989. But she said she had violent thoughts as she
approached the home.

"I had one choice: to shoot them or myself," Broderick recalled
thinking. "I couldn't let them win."

Betty married Daniel Broderick in 1969, and they had four children. In
the late 1980s, Daniel began an affair with another woman, Linda
Kolkena Broderick, whom he eventually married. His divorce battle with
Betty lasted four years.

Betty Broderick told the board her "whole world fell off its axis"
when her husband left her and won custody of the children.

"I couldn't get a settlement, and I couldn't get the kids," she said.
"... I allowed the voices in my head to completely take over."

Deputy District Attorney Richard Sachs, who spoke on behalf of the San
Diego County district attorney's office, said Betty Broderick's
motivation was clearly anger at her husband for leaving her.

"This was a cold dish of revenge that was served," Sachs said.

Don Kohlbauer, San Diego Union Tribune / ZUMA Press
Daniel Broderick poses for a photo in his law office in 1978. His
brother, Larry Broderick, said he opposes Betty Broderick's bid for
parole.

At her trial, Betty Broderick admitted firing the gun that killed her
44-year-old ex-husband and his new wife. She portrayed herself as the
victim of a heartless man who discarded her for a younger, slimmer
woman, then used his legal skills and clout with the local judiciary
to gain unfair advantages in the divorce and child custody cases.

Broderick said she bombarded him with obscene telephone calls,
smearing a Boston cream pie on his clothes and driving her truck
through his front door.

It took two trials to convict her. The first ended in a hung jury, and
the foreman was quoted as saying of the shootings: "We just wonder why
it took her so long."

Kathy Lee Broderick, 38, said at the parole hearing she wanted her
mother to come live with her, even though she still misses her father.

"She should be able to live her later life outside prison walls," she
said.

However, her younger brother, Dan Broderick, 33, said his mother was
"hung up on justifying what she did."

"In my heart, I know my mother is a good person," he said. "But along
the way she got lost. Releasing a lost person into society could be a
dangerous mistake."
Filed under: Nation, Crime
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. The information contained in the
AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise
distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated
Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

earthage

Jan 22, 2010, 4:07:58 PM1/22/10
Exerpts from the San Diego Union-Tribune:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jan/21/bn21broderick/

All of that was of little concern to the parole board meeting at the
California Institute for Women in Chino yesterday. It heard from 10
members of the Kolkena and Broderick families as well as Broderick,
who gave a lengthy statement.

snip

One of her children, Kathy Lee Broderick, said she missed her father
but told the board that her mother could come and live with her. “She

should be able to live her later life outside prison walls,” she said.

But Kathy Lee’s brother, Daniel Broderick, said his mother was “hung
up on justifying what she did” and should not be let out.

realpch

Jan 22, 2010, 4:16:15 PM1/22/10

I can see that woman murdering someone else, really. All she has to do
is to get into another situation where she's totally frustrated, and all
bets are off.

Peach
--
Extra! Extra! Read All About It!
Save some dough, save some grief:

Michael Snyder

Jan 22, 2010, 4:18:24 PM1/22/10
realpch wrote:
> earthage wrote:
>> Exerpts from the San Diego Union-Tribune:
>> http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jan/21/bn21broderick/
>>
>> All of that was of little concern to the parole board meeting at the
>> California Institute for Women in Chino yesterday. It heard from 10
>> members of the Kolkena and Broderick families as well as Broderick,
>> who gave a lengthy statement.
>>
>> snip
>>
>> One of her children, Kathy Lee Broderick, said she missed her father
>> but told the board that her mother could come and live with her. �She
>> should be able to live her later life outside prison walls,� she said.
>>
>> But Kathy Lee�s brother, Daniel Broderick, said his mother was �hung
>> up on justifying what she did� and should not be let out.

> I can see that woman murdering someone else, really. All she has to do
> is to get into another situation where she's totally frustrated, and all
> bets are off.

I can see her murdering someone over the question of whether
her previous murders were justified.

earthage

Jan 22, 2010, 4:25:45 PM1/22/10
realpch wrote:
> earthage wrote:
> >
> > Exerpts from the San Diego Union-Tribune:
> > http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jan/21/bn21broderick/
> >
> > All of that was of little concern to the parole board meeting at the
> > California Institute for Women in Chino yesterday. It heard from 10
> > members of the Kolkena and Broderick families as well as Broderick,
> > who gave a lengthy statement.
> >
> > snip
> >
> > One of her children, Kathy Lee Broderick, said she missed her father
> > but told the board that her mother could come and live with her. �She
> > should be able to live her later life outside prison walls,� she said.
> >
> > But Kathy Lee�s brother, Daniel Broderick, said his mother was �hung
> > up on justifying what she did� and should not be let out.
>
> I can see that woman murdering someone else, really. All she has to do
> is to get into another situation where she's totally frustrated, and all
> bets are off.
>
> Peach
> --

I agree. It doesn't sound like she has taken responsibility for what
she did. She's one person who should remain in prison. I would fear
that anger. And I bet if she came to live with her daughter, Betty
would still be talking about Dan and Linda and how he wronged her.

One of the comments by posters (MsEllaneous) on the San Diego Union-
Tribune article is by a receptionist who worked in Dan's office.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jan/21/bn21broderick/

Jan 22, 2010, 4:29:31 PM1/22/10
On Jan 22, 4:16 pm, realpch <real...@aol.com> wrote:
> earthage wrote:
>
> > Exerpts from the San Diego Union-Tribune:
> >http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jan/21/bn21broderick/
>
> > All of that was of little concern to the parole board meeting at the
> > California Institute for Women in Chino yesterday. It heard from 10
> > members of the Kolkena and Broderick families as well as Broderick,
> > who gave a lengthy statement.
>
> > snip
>
> > One of her children, Kathy Lee Broderick, said she missed her father
> > but told the board that her mother could come and live with her. “She
> > should be able to live her later life outside prison walls,” she said.
>
> > But Kathy Lee’s brother, Daniel Broderick, said his mother was “hung
> > up on justifying what she did” and should not be let out.
>
> I can see that woman murdering someone else, really. All she has to do
> is to get into another situation where she's totally frustrated, and all
> bets are off.

Yeah. As far as punishment for non-first degree killing, she has
spent enough time in jail, IMO, but she doesn't seem to be aware that
her violence (the murders and the other violence) was not justified
by the things that caused her frustration and anger.

That makes her a bit of a danger.

If she couldn't handle the fact that there were younger, skinnier,
most likely more sane, and generally mroe attractive partners 18 years
ago? Well, she probably hasn't become more attractive in that time.

There is nothing I've seen in the reports to indicate that she has
better social skills, either. It's no secret what parole boards are
looking for. How hard is it to act contrite and regretful, and
generally play the part of a good person for the duration of a
hearing?

Mick

Michael Snyder

Jan 22, 2010, 4:38:29 PM1/22/10
M wrote:
> On Jan 22, 4:16 pm, realpch <real...@aol.com> wrote:
>> earthage wrote:
>>
>>> Exerpts from the San Diego Union-Tribune:
>>> http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jan/21/bn21broderick/
>>> All of that was of little concern to the parole board meeting at the
>>> California Institute for Women in Chino yesterday. It heard from 10
>>> members of the Kolkena and Broderick families as well as Broderick,
>>> who gave a lengthy statement.
>>> snip
>>> One of her children, Kathy Lee Broderick, said she missed her father
>>> but told the board that her mother could come and live with her. �She
>>> should be able to live her later life outside prison walls,� she said.
>>> But Kathy Lee�s brother, Daniel Broderick, said his mother was �hung
>>> up on justifying what she did� and should not be let out.

>> I can see that woman murdering someone else, really. All she has to do
>> is to get into another situation where she's totally frustrated, and all
>> bets are off.
>>

> Yeah. As far as punishment for non-first degree killing, she has
> spent enough time in jail, IMO, but she doesn't seem to be aware that
> her violence (the murders and the other violence) was not justified
> by the things that caused her frustration and anger.
>
> That makes her a bit of a danger.
>
> If she couldn't handle the fact that there were younger, skinnier,
> most likely more sane, and generally mroe attractive partners 18 years
> ago? Well, she probably hasn't become more attractive in that time.
>
> There is nothing I've seen in the reports to indicate that she has
> better social skills, either. It's no secret what parole boards are
> looking for. How hard is it to act contrite and regretful, and
> generally play the part of a good person for the duration of a
> hearing?

Fortunately, too hard for Betty.

Jan 22, 2010, 4:41:38 PM1/22/10
On Jan 22, 4:38 pm, Michael Snyder <msny...@sonic.net> wrote:

> >..  How hard is it to act contrite and regretful, and

> > generally play the part of a good person for the duration of a
> > hearing?
>
> Fortunately, too hard for Betty

Yes, indeed.

I don't think the parole board members are going to toss and turn at
night over the idea of that poor woman spending a few more years in
stir.

Mick

Poe

Jan 22, 2010, 4:50:20 PM1/22/10

I recall seeing her in something like CourtTV and thinking she's a total
loon, with a real psychological (and/or personality) disorder. She was
more than just a scorned wife, she was batshit crazy and probably still is.

realpch

Jan 22, 2010, 4:54:24 PM1/22/10
Michael Snyder wrote:

> realpch wrote:
> > earthage wrote:
> >> Exerpts from the San Diego Union-Tribune:
> >> http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jan/21/bn21broderick/
> >>
> >> All of that was of little concern to the parole board meeting at the
> >> California Institute for Women in Chino yesterday. It heard from 10
> >> members of the Kolkena and Broderick families as well as Broderick,
> >> who gave a lengthy statement.
> >>
> >> snip
> >>
> >> One of her children, Kathy Lee Broderick, said she missed her father
> >> but told the board that her mother could come and live with her. �She
> >> should be able to live her later life outside prison walls,� she said.
> >>
> >> But Kathy Lee�s brother, Daniel Broderick, said his mother was �hung
> >> up on justifying what she did� and should not be let out.

> > I can see that woman murdering someone else, really. All she has to do
> > is to get into another situation where she's totally frustrated, and all
> > bets are off.
>
> I can see her murdering someone over the question of whether
> her previous murders were justified.

I wouldn't want to be the kids trying to put her in a nursing home when
the time came, if she didn't want to, let's put it that way.

realpch

Jan 22, 2010, 5:03:40 PM1/22/10

She truly does feel justified. She entered into that marriage expecting
that she would get it all, permanently. A lot of women did then, who
married those guys with obvious high earning potential. She absolutely
thought she was entitled to it, and that her husband had no right to
change his mind, or the agreement. And she was going to make him pay.
People who focus on revenge scare me.

Message has been deleted

Jan 22, 2010, 5:18:17 PM1/22/10
On Jan 22, 5:04 pm, comadrejo <comadrejoa...@mac.com> wrote:

>   Basically she was and is crazy.  She probably shouldn't be in the
> general prison population.

Yeah.

There is a lot of sense to the verdict some places have: "guilty, but
insane."

Mick

Message has been deleted

Jan 22, 2010, 9:23:39 PM1/22/10
On Jan 22, 5:34 pm, comadrejo <comadrejoa...@mac.com> wrote:

>  M <m...@pitt.edu> wrote:
[snip]

> > There is a lot of sense to the verdict some places have: "guilty, but
> > insane."
[snip]

> I think "Not Guilty by reason of insanity" should remain as the standard.

The "Guilty but mentally ill" verdict does not replace "Not Guilty by
reason of insanity." The latter is a not guilty verdict.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/crime/trial/faqs.html.

"...many states have adopted laws providing for a "guilty but mentally
ill" plea or verdict. This does not eliminate the insanity defense; it
is merely an alternative for defendants who are found to be mentally
ill, but whose illness is not severe enough to relieve him of criminal
responsibility.

A defendant who receives a GBMI verdict is sentenced in the same way
as if he were found guilty."

JonesieCat

Jan 23, 2010, 9:24:17 AM1/23/10

"M" <mc...@pitt.edu> wrote in message

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/crime/trial/faqs.html.

=========

This woman isn't mentally ill. Personality is all that's going on IMHO, just
like many murderers or other types of criminals.

jc

okerry

Jan 23, 2010, 12:39:53 PM1/23/10
"realpch" <rea...@aol.com> wrote in message

But he didn't "change the agreement". He didn't go to her and say, "hey,
this isn't working for me, I want to get a divorce and *then* go find
someone else."

He simply started dating and screwing another woman, without Betty's
knowledge or consent. That is emotional abuse of the first order, and it's
physical abuse as well if you want to count the STDs he would happily bring
home to his unknowing wife.

When you commit adultery - especially when it's in a long-term marriage with
children - you are playing with the nuclear holocaust of human emotions.
I'm not saying it was "okay" for her to kill those two; I'm saying that this
is a risk they took when they made the choice to invade and then destroy
Betty's family.

It's a terrible risk but everyone takes when they make the decision to cheat
in a marriage. Lucky for Tiger that Elin only had a gold club.

Adultery is at the root of the vast majority of domestic violence cases and
divorce cases (ask any cop). Adultery destroys families and destroys lives.
It leads to broken families, and broken families lead to broken people.

You play with fire, and even the sanest person can have a complete meltdown.
And everybody gets burned.
okerry

Michael Snyder

Jan 23, 2010, 12:59:53 PM1/23/10

What they did was wrong.

But it didn't justify murder.

Furthermore this was no "heat of passion" crime.
She killed them long after the affair, the divorce and the remarriage.

realpch

Jan 23, 2010, 1:28:19 PM1/23/10

Well, I don't think what he did was right. I think he was a big jerk,
though I'm sure there was trouble in paradise long before the pretty
office assistant showed up. But wouldn't you agree that the sane thing
to do in such circumstances would be to take what you money you could,
and rebuild your life? Things happen that are out of our personal
control. That's what most women do in that situation. They're not all
out there shooting their exes. And the kids. Ukkk! The dad seemed to
maintain an ok relationship with the kids, but she was emotionally
mistreating them over the issue. That's a terrible thing for a parent to
do. Terrible. Any one of us could start nursing revenge fantasies and
turn ourselves into a monster, but we must resist this.

Say, did you catch that interesting bit about the defense trying to
introduce evidence that her husband was alleged to have been trying to
hire someone to off her? My guess is, that didn't happen, but that's a
nice little bit of counterpoint to the main melody.

Michael Snyder

Jan 23, 2010, 1:41:21 PM1/23/10

Even if true, it doesn't justify her killing him (AND the wife) first.

realpch

Jan 23, 2010, 1:54:58 PM1/23/10
Michael Snyder wrote:

> realpch wrote:

> > Well, I don't think what he did was right. I think he was a big jerk,
> > though I'm sure there was trouble in paradise long before the pretty
> > office assistant showed up. But wouldn't you agree that the sane thing
> > to do in such circumstances would be to take what you money you could,
> > and rebuild your life? Things happen that are out of our personal
> > control. That's what most women do in that situation. They're not all
> > out there shooting their exes. And the kids. Ukkk! The dad seemed to
> > maintain an ok relationship with the kids, but she was emotionally
> > mistreating them over the issue. That's a terrible thing for a parent to
> > do. Terrible. Any one of us could start nursing revenge fantasies and
> > turn ourselves into a monster, but we must resist this.
> >
> > Say, did you catch that interesting bit about the defense trying to
> > introduce evidence that her husband was alleged to have been trying to
> > hire someone to off her? My guess is, that didn't happen, but that's a
> > nice little bit of counterpoint to the main melody.
>
> Even if true, it doesn't justify her killing him (AND the wife) first.

Right. That's what I was saying. Killing someone isn't justified in
these circumstances. God knows what hat they pulled that rabbit from. I
don't believe the defense was going to claim that Betty knew anything
about it. But the judge wasn't going to go for that bit of legerdemain.

robbielynn

Jan 23, 2010, 2:41:54 PM1/23/10
On Jan 23, 12:39 pm, "okerry" <oke...@lycos.com> wrote:
> "realpch" <real...@aol.com> wrote in message
> okerry- Hide quoted text -

You are so correct on the damage of adultry to families.

I read the greatest book on Betty Broderick's case. It takes you
into her mental state of being and it's collapse. Dan and Linda
Kolkena were no innocent angels in this crime.

Linda was fired as a stewardess for sexual misconduct. She
willingly had a long time fling with Dan Broderick knowing he was
married and had children to raise. She accepted a car from him ,
credit
cards and when it looked like he wasn't going to leave Betty for her,
she
started dating another guy in th office.

Dan capitulated and started divorce proceedings. Linda was not some
innocent Cinderella and once busted into Betty's house to steal a
list.
She also loved being the person who notorized all of Dan's filings
against Betty. Linda sent Betty (anonyomously) newspaper ads on
wrinkle creams and fat loss. Dan and Linda were enjoying some
of these manuevers and I believe pushed Betty over her emotional
edge.

Betty was on bad behavior but I believe they crossed the line of
cruelty. She lost her self esteem and self control. Was it tenuous to
start with, I don't know , but she was sharp enough to work 8 years
or more to help get Dan through med school and law school.

The book I read won the best non-fiction of the year, "Untill the
Twelfth of Never" by Bella Stumbo.

realpch

Jan 23, 2010, 2:53:28 PM1/23/10

Ah! The Other Woman was worse than I thought, and I tend to take a
really dim view of Other Women. I don't know how they can do it. Thanks
for the info.

earthage

Jan 23, 2010, 4:36:03 PM1/23/10
realpch wrote:

> Ah! The Other Woman was worse than I thought, and I tend to take a
> really dim view of Other Women. I don't know how they can do it. Thanks
> for the info.
>
> Peach

What about that "Other Woman" who took billboards out in NYC, SF, and
Atlanta to get back at her ex married boyfriend (president and board
member of software giant Oracle)? It's hard to tell what kind of
relationship he had with his wife since he spent a lot of time with
the woman, plus they say there were even pictures of the couple with
his son. Look at the house he shared in rich Hillsborough (Patty
Hearst's parents lived there when she was kidnapped) with the woman.

Picture of house
http://gawker.com/5454830/the-11-million-love-nest-yavaughnie-gave-up-after-her-break-up-with-charles

Picture of billboard and other pictures of the couple
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1245296/Spurned-mistress-YaVaughnie-Wilkins-takes-revenge-Charles-E-Phillips-plastering-U-S-cities-compromising-posters.html

realpch

Jan 23, 2010, 4:42:58 PM1/23/10

I saw that. She spent $150,000 bucks on it! Surely she could have
thought of something better to do with the money.

earthage

Jan 23, 2010, 4:53:06 PM1/23/10

I read $250k for all the billboards. I wonder where she got the
money. I hope she owns a home because that would have made a good
down payment.

earthage

Jan 23, 2010, 5:27:33 PM1/23/10

This article says that she says he told her back in 2003 that he
divorced his wife.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/billboard_mistress_was_duped_kin_PxgTfbjyYz5hHj1Ull86JN

When Phillips, 50, starting dating Wilkins in 2001, he said he was
separated from his wife, Karen. Two years later, he told her their
divorce had been finalized, and Wilkins, now 41, and Phillips moved to
California together.

realpch

Jan 23, 2010, 5:46:54 PM1/23/10

Rat bastard!

:-D

Myself, I wouldn't consider a relationship with a guy who told me he was
separated from his wife. I've heard so many stories about how that tends
to run.

bella

Jan 23, 2010, 7:32:59 PM1/23/10

"realpch" <rea...@aol.com> wrote in message

Coincidentallly, one of my daughters was just talking about the John Edwards
affair, no pun intended, tonight at dinner. How much, years ago, prior to
his political aspirations, how much everyone hated Elisabeth Edwards.
Locally, I mean. How John was so nice, friendly, down to earth, while
Elisabeth was snobby, snooty, looked down her nose on everyone. Treated
everyone as if they were beneath her. While John treated everyone as
equals. And how much the death of Wade, their teenage son, effected john.
IMO, those who have close relationships, know what buttons to
press................

last_per...@yahoo.com

Jan 23, 2010, 8:11:45 PM1/23/10
On Jan 22, 3:38 pm, "dd...@bellsouth.net" <dd...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> CRIME
> 'Bitter' Betty Broderick Is Denied Parole

She's a proven dirtbag cow who likes to sling lead.
I applaud the decision.

> "She should be able to live her later life outside prison walls," she
> said.

Linda Griffith

Jan 23, 2010, 9:19:45 PM1/23/10
"earthage" <eartha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> earthage wrote:

> http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/billboard_mistress_was_duped_kin_PxgTfbjyYz5hHj1Ull86JN
>
> When Phillips, 50, starting dating Wilkins in 2001, he said he was
> separated from his wife, Karen. Two years later, he told her their
> divorce had been finalized, and Wilkins, now 41, and Phillips moved to
> California together.

I wonder where Karen thought he was, when he and Wilkins moved to California
together. Surely she noticed he wasn't coming home at night. Or were they
really separated from 2001 on, and he *told* her he was moving to
California?

Linda

earthage

Jan 24, 2010, 5:46:53 PM1/24/10

In 2003 he took the job with Oracle, which has its headquarters in
California. Since they could easily afford it, maybe his wife chose
to stay with the home in NYC at that time. In 2008 he bought a
mansion in Hillsborough, just south of San Francisco but it wasn't in
his name, it was a holding name. That one he shared with Wilkins. A
few months later he bought another house not far away in his and his
wife's names.

A picture of his wife. I read she's 48. Wilkins is 42. Both women
are very attractive in different ways.

http://celebglitz.com/37682/Celebrity-Gossip/picture_3324_yavaughnie-wilkins-oracle-s-charles-phillips-mistress-put-up-romantic-billboards.aspx

He had political ambitions.
http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_14250251

With the main players saying little or nothing, citizen-investigators
were forced to read between the lines of things like a brief bio of
Phillips on the Oracle Web site, which said "away from the office,
this family man relaxes to jazz, travels, reads, and values the
sweetness of serendipity."

It identified Phillips' favorite television show ("Columbo, because
the lead character is analytical and humble"), the most interesting,
exciting person he'd ever met ("My son, Chas") and his favorite
restaurant ("Roth's Steakhouse in New York").

Finally, there came the question, "What else would readers find
interesting about you?" Phillips replied:

"I'd like to be a U.S. Senator."

Or maybe not.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

shuya...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2013, 5:32:40 PM11/6/13
>1/23/10last_per...@yahoo.com
On Jan 22, 3:38 pm, "dd...@bellsouth.net" <dd...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> CRIME
> 'Bitter' Betty Broderick Is Denied Parole
>She's a proven dirtbag cow who likes to sling >lead.
>I applaud the decision.

So was her ex-husband AND his new wife. I applaud BETTY'S decision. Seriously though, even though she should have known better than to kill them and REALLY shouldve just washed her hands of BOTH of those home-wrecking dirtbags and retired onto some beachfront property with the house and money she got in the divorce, it is VERY difficult to feel sorry for the 'victims'. Especially since they were proven heartless victimizers themselves. Even though I feel no sympathy for them, Betty still needs to remain behind bars until she can accept that she shouldve reacted to their abuse in a way other than killing. You don't get to kill, period. Even if they have it coming.