Mac Book Pro 2012 Graphics 3 For Monitors

Lynda Castrejon

Dec 5, 2023, 2:58:20 PM12/5/23
I own a 2012 Macbook Pro with Core i7, 1GB Nvidia Graphics, 8GB RAM and 1 TB HDD. I want to connect 2 external monitors to it using the thunderbolt port because thats the only port I have. It doesn't have HDMI or VGA port.

Mac Book Pro 2012 Graphics 3 For Monitors
DOWNLOAD https://urllio.com/2wIwG9

I don't know what changed between 2012+extra graphics and 2015+extra graphics to require that one of the displays be using displayport input (vs DVI/HDMI/VGA). Wish there was a way as I now need to get another monitor...

Heralded as the "most advanced Mac ever built," the officially dubbed "MacBook Pro with Retina Display" models combine a beautiful high-resolution LED-backlit 15.4" widescreen 2880x1800 (220 ppi) "retina" display with a thin, sleek case design that weighs a bit less than 4.5 pounds (2.02 kg). Curiously, these systems are not branded on the display bezel like earlier MacBook Pro models.

Somewhat controversially, the Retina Display models also are an essentially "sealed" design with RAM that is soldered in place and cannot be upgraded after purchase, storage that is not intended to be upgraded after purchase, and a battery that cannot be replaced readily even by technical users or third-parties, either.

This particular model -- the MacBook Pro "Core i7" 2.3 15-Inch (Mid-2012 Retina Display) features a 22 nm "Ivy Bridge" 2.3 GHz Intel "Core i7" processor (3615QM), with four independent processor "cores" on a single silicon chip, a 6 MB shared level 3 cache, 8 GB of onboard 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (which cannot be upgraded after purchase), 256 GB of flash storage, dual graphics processors -- a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1 GB of dedicated GDDR5 memory and an "integrated" Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics processor that shares system memory, as well as an integrated 720p FaceTime HD webcam. It does not have an internal optical drive.

Connectivity includes 3-stream AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0, two USB 3.0 ports, two "Thunderbolt" ports, an HDMI port, an audio in/out port, and an SDXC card slot. It does not have Gigabit Ethernet or Firewire "800," although adapters are available at extra cost.

In addition, this model has a backlit keyboard, a "no button" glass "inertial" multi-touch trackpad, a "MagSafe 2" power adapter, and an internal, sealed battery that provides an Apple estimated 7 hours of battery life.

Also see:What are all the differences between the Retina Display-equipped "Mid-2012" MacBook Pro models?What are all the differences between the Retina Display "Mid-2012" MacBook Pro models and the regular "Mid-2012" MacBook Pro models?

I'd like to use two external monitors and my built-in screen with my MacBook Pro Mid-2012. I have a Targus Thunderbolt 2 DV2K-4K Docking station. What I've fond so far is I can use both monitors with the laptop closed or 1 monitor and my built in display.

I have not used this particular docking station but I have been able to have three screens using my mac book and two monitors. According to Targus' website, this is possible check out this link, it shows that is is capable -2-4k-universal-docking-station-dock210usz Opens a new window

MBP (Mid-2012) -> Targus Docking station (Thunderbolt 2 DV2K-4K) via Thunderbolt cable -> Lenovo ThinkVision monitors (2) via DisplayPort cables (from two different ports on the docking station). This setup only works with the laptop lid closed.

On June 11, 2012, Apple showcased its upgraded Mac notebooks, OS X Mountain Lion, and iOS 6 at the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San Francisco.[45] The new MacBook Pro models were updated with Ivy Bridge processors and USB 3.0 ports, and the default RAM on premium models was increased to 8 GB.[46] Following this announcement, the 17-inch model was discontinued.[citation needed] After a media event on October 22, 2013, Apple discontinued all unibody MacBook Pros except for the entry-level 2.5 GHz 13-inch model.[47] Apple discontinued the 13-inch aluminum MacBook Pro on October 27, 2016. Prior to its discontinuation it was Apple's only product to still include an optical drive and a FireWire port, and only notebook with a hard disk drive and Ethernet port.[48] It is also the only MacBook Pro to support 9 versions of macOS, from Mac OS X Lion 10.7 through macOS Catalina 10.15.

Early and late 2011 models with a GPU; 15" & 17"; reportedly suffer from manufacturing problems leading to overheating, graphical problems, and eventually complete GPU and logic board failure. A similar but nonidentical problem affected iMac GPUs which were later recalled by Apple.[49] The problem was covered by many articles in Mac-focused magazines, starting late 2013 throughout 2014.[50][51][52][53][54] In August 2014 the law firm Whitfield Bryson & Mason LLP had begun investigating the problem to determine if any legal claim exists.[55] On October 28, 2014, the firm announced that it has filed a class-action lawsuit in a California federal court against Apple. The lawsuit will cover residents residing in both California and Florida who have purchased a 2011 MacBook Pro notebook with an AMD graphics card. The firm is also investigating similar cases across the United States.[56] On February 20, 2015, Apple instituted the .mw-parser-output cite.citationfont-style:inherit;word-wrap:break-word.mw-parser-output .citation qquotes:"\"""\"""'""'".mw-parser-output .citation:targetbackground-color:rgba(0,127,255,0.133).mw-parser-output .id-lock-free a,.mw-parser-output .citation .cs1-lock-free abackground:url("//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Lock-green.svg")right 0.1em center/9px no-repeat.mw-parser-output .id-lock-limited a,.mw-parser-output .id-lock-registration a,.mw-parser-output .citation .cs1-lock-limited a,.mw-parser-output .citation .cs1-lock-registration abackground:url("//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d6/Lock-gray-alt-2.svg")right 0.1em center/9px no-repeat.mw-parser-output .id-lock-subscription a,.mw-parser-output .citation .cs1-lock-subscription abackground:url("//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/aa/Lock-red-alt-2.svg")right 0.1em center/9px no-repeat.mw-parser-output .cs1-ws-icon abackground:url("//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4c/Wikisource-logo.svg")right 0.1em center/12px no-repeat.mw-parser-output .cs1-codecolor:inherit;background:inherit;border:none;padding:inherit.mw-parser-output .cs1-hidden-errordisplay:none;color:#d33.mw-parser-output .cs1-visible-errorcolor:#d33.mw-parser-output .cs1-maintdisplay:none;color:#3a3;margin-left:0.3em.mw-parser-output .cs1-formatfont-size:95%.mw-parser-output .cs1-kern-leftpadding-left:0.2em.mw-parser-output .cs1-kern-rightpadding-right:0.2em.mw-parser-output .citation .mw-selflinkfont-weight:inherit"MacBook Pro Repair Extension Program for Video Issues". This "will repair affected MacBook Pro systems, free of charge". The program covered affected MacBook Pro models until December 31, 2016, or four years from original date of sale.[57]

The Retina MacBook Pro was released in 2012, marketed as the "MacBook Pro with Retina display" to differentiate it from the previous model:[45] the 15-inch in June 2012, a 13-inch model in October.[58] It made solid-state storage (SSD) standard, upgraded to USB 3.0, added an additional Thunderbolt port, added HDMI, and included a high-resolution Retina display.[46] The 15-inch model is 25% thinner than its predecessor. The model name is no longer placed at the bottom of the screen bezel; instead, it is found on the underside of the chassis, similar to an iOS device and is the first Macintosh notebook to not have its model name visible during normal use.[59] It eliminated Ethernet, FireWire 800 ports, but Thunderbolt adapters were available for purchase,[60] Kensington lock slot,[61] the battery indicator button and light on the side of the chassis,[62] and the optical drive, being the first professional notebook since the PowerBook 2400c, [63] but brought a new MagSafe port, dubbed the "MagSafe 2".[64] Apple also claims improved speakers and microphones and a new system for cooling the notebook with improved fans.[64]

yeah it wouldnt be any gaming or video. This is an option, I will be closing macbook and keeping it to the side while using the mounted monitors; so could i use a hdmi splitter to mirror the macbook screen and add another one with it?

I have a 2012 Macbook Pro 13 retina. I have 3 external DVI monitors connected via 2x miniDP-DVI adaptors and 1x HDMI-DVI adaptor. All adaptors are passive. This works very well in Linux (3 monitors visible) but not in OS X (only 2 monitors visible). I suspect that OS X either just does not allow triple external monitors on the Macbook 13, or else requires active adaptors on the miniDP ports (no PLL sharing in Intel driver).

Apple's new macOS Mojave update is not compatible with mid-2010 and mid-2012 Mac Pros with stock GPUs, but it is supported on 2010 and 2012 Mac Pro models that have been upgraded with graphics cards that support Metal.

Apple today shared a new support document that provides a list of graphics cards that are Metal-capable, which will be useful for 2010 and 2012 Mac Pro owners who want to purchase a new graphics card to upgrade to macOS Mojave.

Best you can do is to install Display Menu (or Display Menu Pro) from the mac store and set it to 2560×1440 60HZ. I am currently working with two 2560×1440 monitors simultaneously 60HZ (one asus native and the other the samsung running at this lower resolution and looks good but not excellent) I am waiting for the next macbook pro which will probably make this all a moot point.

The entry-level MacBook featured all-metal enclosures, pro-performance notebook graphics and was priced $700 less than the 2006 MacBook Pro to appeal to a wider audience. This iteration of the MacBook was the best selling MacBook in history and the world's top-selling line of premium laptops. Apple also refreshed its white polycarbonate MacBook with a new unibody look.
eebf2c3492