"Obviously Made In Jest": Jane Fonda Scrambles To Walk Back Suggestion That She'd "Murder" Pro-Lifers

Ubiquitous

Mar 13, 2023, 1:00:33 PM3/13/23
Actress and activist Jane Fonda scrambled to walk back comments she made on
Friday’s broadcast of “The View” — when she suggested “murder” as the
appropriate response to legislation restricting access to abortion on demand.

As her words quickly sparked backlash, Fonda claimed — in a statement
released later that same day — that the comments she’d made on the ABC midday
talk show had been “in jest.” She then pivoted to accuse her critics of
focusing more on jokes than on “the actual problem at hand.”

“While women’s reproductive rights are a very serious issue and extremely
important to me, my comment on The View was obviously made in jest. My body
language and tone made it clear to those in the room — and to anyone watching
— that I was using hyperbole to make a point,” Fonda said in a public
statement.

“Women across the country are facing real threats when it comes to our
bodies, and people lose faith in our mission to protect women when others
choose to focus on tangential issues and passing jokes instead of the actual
problem at hand,” she added.

Friday’s conversation began with Fonda’s claim that, after decades of women
in America having access to abortion on demand, she didn’t care what laws
were passed or what rulings were overturned: “We’re not going back, I don’t
care what the laws are. We’re not going back.”

Co-host Sunny Hostin, who has often claimed to be pro-life herself, dismissed
Fonda’s comment as proof that she was an activist at heart. “That’s the
activist speaking, and she probably will get a Nobel Prize.”

“The View” host Joy Behar pressed Fonda on that point, asking what she
thought could be done in addition to simply staging protests on the issue.

“Well, I’ve thought of murder,” Fonda replied.

WATCH:

Joy: “Besides marching and protesting, what else do you suggest?

Jane: “Well, murder.” pic.twitter.com/DhaIxRASS3

— ?van Ross Katz (@evanrosskatz) March 10, 2023

But despite Fonda’s later claim that it was “clear to those in the room” that
her suggestion had not been serious, Behar immediately stepped in to inform
the audience that it was a joke — a move which prompted a glare from Fonda
and laughter from everyone else at the table.

But her critics were not so sure that it was a joke.

“Not sure why the outrage over this. I applaud Jane Fonda for her honesty.
They all feel this way. At least she had the balls to say it. The rest of
them just claim things like wanting your guns to ‘stop crime.’ But this is
how they really feel,” Jesse Kelly said.

--
Let's go Brandon!

anim8rfsk

Mar 13, 2023, 6:00:48 PM3/13/23
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
> Actress and activist Jane Fonda scrambled to walk back comments she made on
> Friday’s broadcast of “The View” — when she suggested “murder” as the
> appropriate response to legislation restricting access to abortion on demand.
>
> As her words quickly sparked backlash, Fonda claimed — in a statement
> released later that same day — that the comments she’d made on the ABC midday
> talk show had been “in jest.” She then pivoted to accuse her critics of
> focusing more on jokes than on “the actual problem at hand.”

Ask someone who watched the video, allow me to say “bullshit“

Rhino

Mar 13, 2023, 8:51:33 PM3/13/23
On 2023-03-13 6:00 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> Actress and activist Jane Fonda scrambled to walk back comments she made on
>> Friday’s broadcast of “The View” — when she suggested “murder” as the
>> appropriate response to legislation restricting access to abortion on demand.
>>
>> As her words quickly sparked backlash, Fonda claimed — in a statement
>> released later that same day — that the comments she’d made on the ABC midday
>> talk show had been “in jest.” She then pivoted to accuse her critics of
>> focusing more on jokes than on “the actual problem at hand.”
>>

> Ask someone who watched the video, allow me to say “bullshit“

I still remember when someone FINALLY took her to task for her actions
during the Vietnam War, particularly when she pantomimed shooting
American planes out of the sky with an antni-aircraft gun. Afterwards,
people claimed she apologized but the way I heard it, she only said she
was sorry that this offended people, which is not really an apology for
HER actions but more of a remark that some listeners were too naive to
realize how right she was.
Rhino

anim8rfsk

Mar 13, 2023, 9:11:29 PM3/13/23
Rhino <no_offlin...@example.com> wrote:
> On 2023-03-13 6:00 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>>> Actress and activist Jane Fonda scrambled to walk back comments she made on
>>> Friday’s broadcast of “The View” — when she suggested “murder” as the
>>> appropriate response to legislation restricting access to abortion on demand.
>>>
>>> As her words quickly sparked backlash, Fonda claimed — in a statement
>>> released later that same day — that the comments she’d made on the ABC midday
>>> talk show had been “in jest.” She then pivoted to accuse her critics of
>>> focusing more on jokes than on “the actual problem at hand.”
>>>

>> Ask someone who watched the video, allow me to say “bullshit“
>>
> I still remember when someone FINALLY took her to task for her actions
> during the Vietnam War, particularly when she pantomimed shooting
> American planes out of the sky with an antni-aircraft gun. Afterwards,
> people claimed she apologized but the way I heard it, she only said she
> was sorry that this offended people, which is not really an apology for
> HER actions but more of a remark that some listeners were too naive to
> realize how right she was.

She didn’t even go that far. It came up because people were protesting her
being in a movie shop in their area and they actually had to close stuff
down. Her apology said that she was sorry her actions had resulted in
inconvenience to the movie company.

The traitorous bitch needs to be arrested, tried, convicted, and put to
death before she can die on us on her own.