Megyn Kelly Trolls Maddow After Maddow Says She Has To "Rewire" Herself Not To See Unmasked People As A Threat - "Thoughts and prayers for her during this difficult time."

0 views
Skip to first unread message

Ubiquitous

unread,
May 17, 2021, 8:50:55 AM5/17/21
to
On Friday, former Fox News host and current podcast host Megyn Kelly trolled
MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow after Maddow complained on Thursday she would have to
“rewire” herself so she didn’t see unmasked people as a threat. Kelly tweeted
succinctly, “Thoughts and prayers for her during this difficult time.”

Thoughts and prayers for her during this difficult time.
https://t.co/9DSFHXOZVl

— Megyn Kelly (@megynkelly) May 14, 2021

Maddow had stated on her MSNBC show Thursday night after speaking with CDC
director Dr. Rochelle Walensky, “I will just tell you on a personal level I’m
sorry for speaking of all that in such personal terms with Dr. Walensky, but
when I was talking to people today about this new guidance and what to ask
her, everybody had really very personal feelings about it and I realized I
did too, and all these questions.”

“Part of it is that I feel like I’m going to have to rewire myself so that
when I see somebody out in the world who’s not wearing a mask, I don’t
instantly think, ‘You are a threat,’” she continued. “Or ‘You are selfish’ or
‘You are a COVID denier and you definitely haven’t been vaccinated.’ I mean,
we’re going to have to rewire the way that we look at each other, because the
CDC’s guidance, which she just told me, we are sure that if you’re vaccinated
you don’t need to wear a mask except in very specific circumstances.”

“And so that means as we change that as a country, we are going to have to
look at each other differently and have to unwire our preconceptions about
what a mask or a lack of a mask means,” Maddow added.

As far back as 2013, Kelly took aim at Maddow after Maddow mocked the late
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia’s opposition to the Voting Rights Act.
Maddow snapped of Scalia’s opinion that the Act was a “perpetuation of racial
entitlement,” “He’s a troll. He’s saying this for effect. He knows it’s
offensive and he knows he’s going to get a gasp from the courtroom, which he
got, and he loves it. He’s like the guy on your blog comment thread who is
using the n-word. ‘Oh, it made you mad? How about if I say this? Does it make
you mad? Did it make you mad? Did it make you mad?’ He’s that guy! He’s that
kind of guy! When we’re all shocked that he said something so blatantly
racially offensive while talking about the cornerstone of the federal Civil
Rights Act, he’s thinking, ‘Oh, yeah!’”

Kelly fired back, “This has led to a lot of criticism of Justice Scalia
including one liberal commentator calling him ‘a troll.’ As somebody who
covered the high court for three years and practiced law for nine, I
personally object to that kind of language against the Supreme Court justice.
I don’t think it does anybody any good. I think they vote their consciences
up there whether they’re left or right.”

--
Trump won.


Mr Ken Richard

unread,
May 17, 2021, 9:24:33 AM5/17/21
to
Maddow was wrong about Trump's taxes, Russian Collusion, and now masking. I get
listening to someone say what you want to hear, but doesn't it become frustrating to
endure the feeling that the information you depend on to maintain your beliefs was
wrong?

anim8rfsk

unread,
May 17, 2021, 3:45:14 PM5/17/21
to
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
> On Friday, former Fox News host and current podcast host Megyn Kelly trolled
> MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow after Maddow complained on Thursday she would have to
> “rewire” herself so she didn’t see unmasked people as a threat. Kelly tweeted
> succinctly, “Thoughts and prayers for her during this difficult time.”
>
> Thoughts and prayers for her during this difficult time.
> https://t.co/9DSFHXOZVl
>
> — Megyn Kelly (@megynkelly) May 14, 2021
>
> Maddow had stated on her MSNBC show Thursday night after speaking with CDC
> director Dr. Rochelle Walensky, “I will just tell you on a personal level I’m
> sorry for speaking of all that in such personal terms with Dr. Walensky, but
> when I was talking to people today about this new guidance and what to ask
> her, everybody had really very personal feelings about it and I realized I
> did too, and all these questions.”
>
> “Part of it is that I feel like I’m going to have to rewire myself so that
> when I see somebody out in the world who’s not wearing a mask, I don’t
> instantly think, ‘You are a threat,’” she continued. “Or ‘You are selfish’ or
> ‘You are a COVID denier and you definitely haven’t been vaccinated.’ I mean,
> we’re going to have to rewire the way that we look at each other, because the
> CDC’s guidance, which she just told me, we are sure that if you’re vaccinated
> you don’t need to wear a mask except in very specific circumstances.”
>
> “And so that means as we change that as a country, we are going to have to
> look at each other differently and have to unwire our preconceptions about
> what a mask or a lack of a mask means,” Maddow added.


Just in case anybody was wondering why they call her mad cow.


>
> As far back as 2013, Kelly took aim at Maddow after Maddow mocked the late
> Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia’s opposition to the Voting Rights Act.
> Maddow snapped of Scalia’s opinion that the Act was a “perpetuation of racial
> entitlement,” “He’s a troll. He’s saying this for effect. He knows it’s
> offensive and he knows he’s going to get a gasp from the courtroom, which he
> got, and he loves it. He’s like the guy on your blog comment thread who is
> using the n-word. ‘Oh, it made you mad? How about if I say this? Does it make
> you mad? Did it make you mad? Did it make you mad?’ He’s that guy! He’s that
> kind of guy! When we’re all shocked that he said something so blatantly
> racially offensive while talking about the cornerstone of the federal Civil
> Rights Act, he’s thinking, ‘Oh, yeah!’”
>
> Kelly fired back, “This has led to a lot of criticism of Justice Scalia
> including one liberal commentator calling him ‘a troll.’ As somebody who
> covered the high court for three years and practiced law for nine, I
> personally object to that kind of language against the Supreme Court justice.
> I don’t think it does anybody any good. I think they vote their consciences
> up there whether they’re left or right.”
>
> --
> Trump won.
>
>
>



--
“The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it’s still on my list.”

Ubiquitous

unread,
May 18, 2021, 7:19:03 AM5/18/21
to
>Maddow was wrong about Trump's taxes, Russian Collusion, and now masking.

She's also been caught making shit up. I guess that's a resume enhancer at
DNCNBC.

--
Trump won.


Ubiquitous

unread,
May 18, 2021, 7:22:07 AM5/18/21
to
I'm still wonderting why they call her a "journalist".

--
Trump won.

anim8rfsk

unread,
May 18, 2021, 9:47:34 AM5/18/21
to
Any insulting term is as good as the next.

Ubiquitous

unread,
Jun 1, 2021, 4:00:24 AM6/1/21
to
>> I'm still wondering why they call her a "journalist".
>
>Any insulting term is as good as the next.

Bwah!

Great point!

--
Trump won.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages