Going from A to B, where can I visit a store C with minimum wasted miles?

Gary

Apr 26, 2015, 6:30:01 PM4/26/15
A problem I have faced for many years for which I have never found a
good solution. It takes many forms. For example,

Going from New York to Chicago, where is there a Costco without going
too far out of my way?

Going from Albany to New Rochelle, I need to make a stop to pick up a
product from an A&P. Where will there be an A&P enroute, with minimum
waste of miles?

Traveling from Pittsburgh to New Haven, I need to fill up my car with
with gasoline (cheapest in New Jersey). Where will I find a Sunoco
station in New Jersey least out of the way?

Is there a program that can solve this problem?

W. Wesley Groleau

Dec 5, 2015, 12:10:00 AM12/5/15
On 04-26-2015 17:30, Gary wrote:
> A problem I have faced for many years for which I have never found a
> good solution. It takes many forms. For example,
>
> Going from New York to Chicago, where is there a Costco without going
> too far out of my way?
>
> Going from Albany to New Rochelle, I need to make a stop to pick up a
> product from an A&P. Where will there be an A&P enroute, with minimum
> waste of miles?

Store websites have locator maps?

> Traveling from Pittsburgh to New Haven, I need to fill up my car with
> with gasoline (cheapest in New Jersey). Where will I find a Sunoco
> station in New Jersey least out of the way?

"Waze" smartphone app lists gas stations, tells how far off route, and
the price. And how to get to them. Only, the prices are supplied by
users of the app and sometimes are a few days old.

--
Wes Groleau