today

Stephen Hathorne

Mar 2, 1993, 12:52:54 PM3/2/93

Hi all!

A couple of things. First a great big hug to Lynette for her tips on
makeup, and shaving. I dressed last weekend, and at a distance my face
would definitely pass. (need lots of electro to fix this though).

Second, I spoke to my therapist the other day, and she gave me the
number of a support group. I called today, and spoke to someone who is
about 6
months away from SRS, it was nice. She was really sweet, and we are
going to have lunch sometime next week, and discuss the support group.

finally I spent late last evening writing a poem, I have included it here,
I am not a great poet, but these are my feelings....
(the shape is supposed to be female.)

confusion

I look
in the
mirror
in
the morning;
I see only a lie,
that cannot be me;
for I am soft, and
sensual;Is that my
hair? isn't it
longer? softer?
I heard my voice
what is wrong? do
I have a cold?why is
it so deep?shouldn't it
be a touch softer? how can
I have such coarse facial hair?
am I not a woman? I am confused.
I feel alone, I would like to be right.
To not feel so uncomfortable out of place.
It is like wearing a long scratchy wool suit;
please please, may I put on my own body? you
know the right one the female
one. I am sure that it would
be much more comfortable
wouldn't it be nice