Toxitron, Doritos Jazz, More Up for Pre-Order

Zobovor

Mar 16, 2023, 12:30:28 PM3/16/23
So the G2-themed toys we just found out about yesterday are already available to order! Hasbro Pulse and Walmart.com both have listings now.

The cartoon-colors versions of G1 Hound and Thundercracker are $35.99 apiece and are due to ship on April 17th, 2023. As of this writing, Hound is already sold out on Hasbro Pulse.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-retro-the-transformers-the-movie-autobot-hound-1

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-retro-the-transformers-the-movie-thundercracker

Pre-order listings are also live for Toxitron, Cloudcover, and Doritos Jazz. They ship on July 21st, 2023. All three are still available to order right now. No sign of Tiger Grimlock yet, or any of the other guys who leaked yesterday.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-legacy-evolution-g2-universe-toxitron

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-legacy-evolution-g2-universe-cloudcover

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-legacy-evolution-g2-universe-autobot-jazz

Zob (doing this on mobile is really hard)

Joseph Bardsley

Mar 17, 2023, 3:50:08 AM3/17/23
Very cool! I can’t wait for the Thundercracker, in particular. I wonder if the original, non-enlarged missile pieces will fit in his under-wing launchers? And if the launchers are also sprung?

Joseph (also on mobile….)

Zobovor

Mar 18, 2023, 9:34:32 AM3/18/23
On Friday, March 17, 2023 at 1:50:08 AM UTC-6, Joseph Bardsley wrote:

> Very cool! I can’t wait for the Thundercracker, in particular. I wonder if the original, non-enlarged missile pieces will fit in his under-wing launchers? And if the launchers are also sprung?

G1-era missiles won't fit into the new launchers (which are indeed spring-powered). But, I saw that somebody 3D-printed some short missiles that will fit into the new launchers, so that's an alternative:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115717907053

Conversely, an enterprising consumer with a little bit of know-how could cut the missiles down to a shorter size and then glue them back together to build a set of workable short cluster bombs for jet mode. Obviously, fixing the long missiles for robot mode would be more problematic!

Zob (they had short missiles for the Target-exclusive Thrust reissue, so I don't know why they couldn't have done it for Starscream and friends...)

Zobovor

Mar 18, 2023, 9:36:26 AM3/18/23
On Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 10:30:28 AM UTC-6, Zobovor wrote:

> So the G2-themed toys we just found out about yesterday are already available to order! Hasbro Pulse and Walmart.com both have listings now.

Sorry, I got the URL wrong for Hound:

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-retro-the-transformers-the-movie-autobot-hound-figure

Zob (happy hunting!)

Irrellius Spamticon

Mar 25, 2023, 9:51:51 AM3/25/23
Jazz seems to get some extra accessories not in his Studio 86 incarnation, seems to be a rocket launcher and Dorito gun. One picture has it on his shoulder but the 360 view looks like there's no way to attach it on the shoulder.

And the Thundercracker link was already taken down. 2 people brought in actual complete G1 Thundercracker's in to the shop because they're planning on replacing their actual good condition complete G1s with the reissue. I'm put off by the cartoon colors but also buy anything named Thundercracker, so I'm torn on this one. seems cheaper than Starscream was. Wasn't Starscream $49.99?

Excuse the mistakes of one typing with a cat on both wrists.

Zobovor

Mar 25, 2023, 11:12:50 AM3/25/23
On Saturday, March 25, 2023 at 7:51:51 AM UTC-6, Irrellius Spamticon wrote:

> Jazz seems to get some extra accessories not in his Studio 86 incarnation, seems to be a rocket launcher and Dorito gun. One picture has it on his shoulder but the 360 view looks like there's no way to attach it on the shoulder.

Hmm, interesting. There's the shoulder launcher and a big cylindrical bazooka-looking thing. I'd say what they're probably doing is mounting the bazooka to his back, pivoting it at an angle towards his shoulder, and then plugging the shoulder rocket launchers into the barrel of the bazooka.

What's especially weird about them doing this was that the actual G2 Jazz didn't have the original shoulder launcher. He just had that G.I. Joe Snow Serpent missile lancher, but it couldn't be mounted on his shoulder. It's like they're trying to create fidelity to the Doritos Jazz concept box art, which is just based on the G1 art.

> And the Thundercracker link was already taken down. 2 people brought in actual complete G1 Thundercracker's in to the shop because they're planning on replacing their actual good condition complete G1s with the reissue. I'm put off by the cartoon colors but also buy anything named Thundercracker, so I'm torn on this one. seems cheaper than Starscream was. Wasn't Starscream $49.99?

I paid something like $33 for him at Walmart. That seems to be the swet spot in terms of pricing. I remember the Decepticon jet reissues at Toys "R" Us were $35, and that was in 2003-era dollars. So, after you factor inflation into the mix, they're actually much cheaper now than they used to be.

Zob (I don't think I would ever *replace* a vintage G1 toy with a reissue, but that's just me)

Irrellius Spamticon

Mar 26, 2023, 10:28:44 AM3/26/23
On Saturday, March 25, 2023 at 10:12:50 AM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> On Saturday, March 25, 2023 at 7:51:51 AM UTC-6, Irrellius Spamticon wrote:
>
> > Jazz seems to get some extra accessories not in his Studio 86 incarnation, seems to be a rocket launcher and Dorito gun. One picture has it on his shoulder but the 360 view looks like there's no way to attach it on the shoulder.
> Hmm, interesting. There's the shoulder launcher and a big cylindrical bazooka-looking thing. I'd say what they're probably doing is mounting the bazooka to his back, pivoting it at an angle towards his shoulder, and then plugging the shoulder rocket launchers into the barrel of the bazooka.

Suspicion is that these accessories are a pre-use of the Buzzworthy G1 Hound retool of Siege Hound

> What's especially weird about them doing this was that the actual G2 Jazz didn't have the original shoulder launcher. He just had that G.I. Joe Snow Serpent missile lancher, but it couldn't be mounted on his shoulder. It's like they're trying to create fidelity to the Doritos Jazz concept box art, which is just based on the G1 art.
> > And the Thundercracker link was already taken down. 2 people brought in actual complete G1 Thundercracker's in to the shop because they're planning on replacing their actual good condition complete G1s with the reissue. I'm put off by the cartoon colors but also buy anything named Thundercracker, so I'm torn on this one. seems cheaper than Starscream was. Wasn't Starscream $49.99?
> I paid something like $33 for him at Walmart. That seems to be the swet spot in terms of pricing. I remember the Decepticon jet reissues at Toys "R" Us were $35, and that was in 2003-era dollars. So, after you factor inflation into the mix, they're actually much cheaper now than they used to be.

Starscream here in 2018-2019 was like $50 while Hot Rod was $35
I guess if he lasted long enough to go on sale or something he could have been 35

> Zob (I don't think I would ever *replace* a vintage G1 toy with a reissue, but that's just me)
I don' understand some of the collectors here, have had a few people trading actual G1 for Legacy recently