Beast Wars Reissue Megatron and Optimus on Clearance... For A Little While

Zobovor

Jun 21, 2022, 8:09:07 PM6/21/22
I was going to come home after work, and a belated Father's Day dinner (going out on Sunday was a joke), to let you guys know that the vintage reissue versions of T. rex Megatron and Optimus Primal were being clearanced out on Walmart.com:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers-Toys-Vintage-Beast-Wars-Optimus-Primal-Action-Figure-Walmart-Exclusive/632803916

Primal is still $22, down from the original $49.97 price. Very reasonable.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers-Toys-Vintage-Beast-Wars-Predacon-Megatron-Action-Figure-Walmart-Exclusive/791542741

Megatron... well, he was $12.72 a few hours ago. But then, I guess, Walmart noticed a whole bunch of people were finally buying the toy, so they jacked the price back up to $49.97. Even though the only reason anybody at all was buying it at this late stage was because it was on deep clearance.

This is absolutely ridiculous price gouging. Now, I'm not speaking for myself. I was able to buy the toys at the discounted price, so I'm fine. But for them to be manipulating pricing like this, based solely on sales, is preposterous. Can't sell it? Mark it down. Oh, no, wait, it's selling finally. Better mark it back up!

Zob (sigh)

Joseph Bardsley

Jun 21, 2022, 9:47:25 PM6/21/22
From this Canadian who paid ~$60USD for Megatron just a few weeks ago at a local Walmart, double sigh, indeed!