Earth Mode Sideswipe and Magnaboss Silverbolt on Amazon

Zobovor

Jun 1, 2021, 8:36:02 PM6/1/21
It's Transformer Tuesday, and apparently this just dropped on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Generations-Collection-Sideswipe-Exclusive/dp/B08TM27396

As promised, Hasbro Pulse did have limited quantities as well, but they sold out rather quickly.

So it's Siege Sideswipe retooled, most notably with a modified hood/chest design to make it a bit more Geewun. Maybe some other changes too. I haven't done a comparison yet. Same weapons, from the looks of it. No spot to attach a Nonnef Productions spoiler. That's a bummer.

And Magnaboss Silverbolt is a retool of Kingdom Airazor. Technically this is Skywarp, which is the name Takara gave to the character from Beast Wars Second in Japan. There's not much else they could have done with the Airazor toy except turn her into the chocolate-colored videocassette edition. Like the upcoming Beast Wars Grimlock tribute, it exists.

The set is $52.99, which is extravagant considering it contains two $20 Deluxe-class toys. But, if at any point Amazon decides to lower the price between now and the November 1st release date, you'll be locked in at that lower price come shipping time.

Zob (it's Malibu Sideswipe, with a new hat!)

Gustavo Wombat

Jun 2, 2021, 3:24:13 AM6/2/21
Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:
> It's Transformer Tuesday, and apparently this just dropped on Amazon:
>

> https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Generations-Collection-Sideswipe-Exclusive/dp/B08TM27396
>
> As promised, Hasbro Pulse did have limited quantities as well, but they
> sold out rather quickly.

It’s the #1 seller in toys and games on Amazon right now, which seems a bit
absurd. I ordered it, of course, but still absurd.

> So it's Siege Sideswipe retooled, most notably with a modified hood/chest
> design to make it a bit more Geewun. Maybe some other changes too. I
> haven't done a comparison yet. Same weapons, from the looks of it. No
> spot to attach a Nonnef Productions spoiler. That's a bummer.

The lack of spoiler is unfortunate. Overall, I might actually prefer the
plain Siege mold.

> And Magnaboss Silverbolt is a retool of Kingdom Airazor. Technically
> this is Skywarp, which is the name Takara gave to the character from
> Beast Wars Second in Japan. There's not much else they could have done
> with the Airazor toy except turn her into the chocolate-colored
> videocassette edition. Like the upcoming Beast Wars Grimlock tribute, it exists.

I think the bald Eagle deco is really nice.

Of course, if they are going to call him Skywarp, I want him black and
purple. I would love a trio of Decepticon Seekers as birds — or
Pterodactyls, if they used the expected Terrorsaur remold — even though it
would make no sense. It would be better than a BW2 homage missing most
functionality that made the original toy interesting.

Im really wondering what they can do with Blackarachnia. No, not Arcee,
that was dumb.

And I really want a yeti our of Optimus Primal — it would make the flaws of
the beast mode less prominent to make him a fantasy animal. Wrong
proportions for Sasquatch.

> The set is $52.99, which is extravagant considering it contains two $20
> Deluxe-class toys. But, if at any point Amazon decides to lower the
> price between now and the November 1st release date, you'll be locked in
> at that lower price come shipping time.

It is expensive.

Irrellius Spamticon

Jun 3, 2021, 10:25:49 AM6/3/21
On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 2:24:13 AM UTC-5, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:
> Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:
> > It's Transformer Tuesday, and apparently this just dropped on Amazon:
> >

> > https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Generations-Collection-Sideswipe-Exclusive/dp/B08TM27396
> >
> > As promised, Hasbro Pulse did have limited quantities as well, but they
> > sold out rather quickly.
> It’s the #1 seller in toys and games on Amazon right now, which seems a bit
> absurd. I ordered it, of course, but still absurd.
> > So it's Siege Sideswipe retooled, most notably with a modified hood/chest
> > design to make it a bit more Geewun. Maybe some other changes too. I
> > haven't done a comparison yet. Same weapons, from the looks of it. No
> > spot to attach a Nonnef Productions spoiler. That's a bummer.
> The lack of spoiler is unfortunate. Overall, I might actually prefer the
> plain Siege mold.

This is rather disappointing. At least the Siege mold is something people mod to make good. It's just so blah after we've had 10 other uses of the Siege Sideswipe mold.

> > And Magnaboss Silverbolt is a retool of Kingdom Airazor. Technically
> > this is Skywarp, which is the name Takara gave to the character from
> > Beast Wars Second in Japan. There's not much else they could have done
> > with the Airazor toy except turn her into the chocolate-colored
> > videocassette edition. Like the upcoming Beast Wars Grimlock tribute, it exists.
> I think the bald Eagle deco is really nice.
>
> Of course, if they are going to call him Skywarp, I want him black and
> purple. I would love a trio of Decepticon Seekers as birds — or
> Pterodactyls, if they used the expected Terrorsaur remold — even though it
> would make no sense. It would be better than a BW2 homage missing most
> functionality that made the original toy interesting.

Any G1 Aerialbot name would have been better than Skywarp. Anything. Call him Jetfire. Or Skyfire. Or Skyfall. Skywarp is supposed to be purple. I need to find my BW Fuzor Silverbolt kitbash of Skywarp, because that was the right color scheme. At least make the 2003 Universe Fuzor Silverbolt in to Skywarp.

> Im really wondering what they can do with Blackarachnia. No, not Arcee,
> that was dumb.
>
> And I really want a yeti our of Optimus Primal — it would make the flaws of
> the beast mode less prominent to make him a fantasy animal. Wrong
> proportions for Sasquatch.
> > The set is $52.99, which is extravagant considering it contains two $20
> > Deluxe-class toys. But, if at any point Amazon decides to lower the
> > price between now and the November 1st release date, you'll be locked in
> > at that lower price come shipping time.
> It is expensive.
> > Zob (it's Malibu Sideswipe, with a new hat!)

They'll have an accessory pack so he can be a veterinarian, lawyer, college student, swim coach, or soccer player.

Codigo Postal

Jun 3, 2021, 3:13:51 PM6/3/21
Kingdom Beast Wars continues to disappoint me. I find them poor value for money - beast modes that don't match the show, transformations that lack the intuitiveness and toyetic fun of their predecessors, and build quality that is inconsistent at best. I look at the snapping tabs on Cheetor and Blackarachnia, the scraping paint on Primal's thighs, the flimsy beast mode feet on Rattrap (protip, you drop him onto a soft carpet from three feet high, you take your chances), the protruding and easily snappable tail sword with Dinobot...my original BW toys stood up to heavy play and still look pristine today; these new toys have to be handled just so or you might break something essential. Disappointing enough to me that I've no interest in this Airazor repaint, and I've cancelled my preorders for Rhinox, Scorponok, and Tigatron.

Zobovor

Jun 3, 2021, 6:20:17 PM6/3/21
On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 8:25:49 AM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:

> This is rather disappointing. At least the Siege mold is something people mod to make good. It's just so blah after we've had 10 other uses of the Siege Sideswipe mold.

There are some things I like about it. The lack of battle damage, for one. It's a Very Slightly Improved version of the character, in the same way the upcoming Earth mode Mirage was Very Slightly Improved. Just a little tiny bit more desirable than the Siege versions.

When and if they do Earth mode Hound, it will probably be Siege Hound with slightly different colors and new headlights. And I'll probably buy that one, too.

Zob (is crazy like that)

Zobovor

Jun 3, 2021, 6:27:35 PM6/3/21
On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 1:13:51 PM UTC-6, Codigo Postal wrote:

> Disappointing enough to me that I've no interest in this Airazor repaint, and I've cancelled my preorders for Rhinox, Scorponok, and Tigatron.

Wow, savage. Me, I'm not a crazy enough Beast Wars fan that I need new versions of every single existing redeco that existed in the 90's. I didn't care if we ever got a modern Magnaboss Silverbolt or not. Same with Beast Wars Grimlock. I've only ordered the toys because I want the G1 guys that are coming with them.

I care a lot more about the Beast Wars guys who actually appeared in the show, though. Ideally, I want to see the entire first-season cast. Maybe the Transmetals and Fuzors and everybody. I'm okay with them partially diverting resources from neo-G1 for a little while because the Beast Wars cast is vanishingly small. But then they need to get back to the hundreds of G1 characters who need updates...

Zob (and G2 characters, too, thankyouverymuch)

Zobovor

Sep 11, 2021, 8:57:49 PM9/11/21
On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 6:36:02 PM UTC-6, Zobovor wrote:

> The set is $52.99, which is extravagant considering it contains two $20 Deluxe-class toys. But, if at any point Amazon decides to lower the price between now and the November 1st release date, you'll be locked in at that lower price come shipping time.

Amazon messaged me today and said I'm getting it for $47.99, which does seem a bit better.

Zob (pennywise but pound foolish, most days)