Merge Group thoughts

SKYFIRE965

Aug 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/6/96

well with 2 new transformer series coming out i'd like to point
something out. all merge groups have been male. why not a feminine
gestalt. can anyone give a reason why not? and if not a whole group of
fembots, maybe a component or two, or a leader of a group. with new shows
new things should be tried. maybe an alita 1 merge group made with the
rest of those fembots from the search for alphatrion. they got along
pretty well in the ep, they'd be good together as a gestalt.

The Weeter

Aug 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/7/96

I think I like your other idea, to customixe existing mergers into other
classic TF's...

Robert A. Jung

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

In article <4ubsv3$g...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> wru...@aol.com (WRUTAN) writes:
> Well some one had an idea a littel like that and the Grope I mean Group
>was called the C*nticons. I WILL NOT post there stats and names. For
>those of you know of them don't need a review, and for those of you who
>don't let me say that they are an"Intersting" group with 2 Females, one is
>the leader and three males.
>If you whant to know of there "Powers" ask around some one here must have
>read about them also.

I think most of us who did promptly tried to forget them, in the interest
of good taste...

--R.J.
B-)

"I write because I am personally amused by what I do, and if other people are
amused by it, then it's fine. If they're not, then that's also fine."
Send mail to rj...@netcom.com --Frank Zappa

WRUTAN

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

Well some one had an idea a littel like that and the Grope I mean Group
was called the Cunticons. I WILL NOT post there stats and names. For

those of you know of them don't need a review, and for those of you who
don't let me say that they are an"Intersting" group with 2 Females, one is
the leader and three males.
If you whant to know of there "Powers" ask around some one here must have
read about them also.

Oh and by the way I'm thinking up a group for the Autobots to vs. them. I
call them the Slutabots!

Ole Rose

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

skyfi...@aol.com (SKYFIRE965) wrote:

> well with 2 new transformer series coming out i'd like to point
>something out. all merge groups have been male. why not a feminine
>gestalt. can anyone give a reason why not? and if not a whole group of
>fembots, maybe a component or two, or a leader of a group. with new shows
>new things should be tried. maybe an alita 1 merge group made with the
>rest of those fembots from the search for alphatrion. they got along
>pretty well in the ep, they'd be good together as a gestalt.

To expand on the concept:
How about a TF that could combine with more than one group. Maybe a
parasite/virus type or a bi-sexual type TF that could enhance or
restrict the qualities of the gestalt depending on the
intent/characteristics of the TF.

Or a gestalt in which more than one TF could occupy the same position.
In this situation, the gestalt would attain different
attributes/traits depending the set of TF's that comprise the group.

Maybe a gestalt consisting of both Autobots and Decepticons. This
gestalt might always take a neutral stance or affiliate itself with
the strongest side at the time during conflicts.

John Gugie

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

Did any of the japanese tf's combine into anything other than a super
robot because none of the American one's do? I'd like to see a gestalt
that when combined can transform as a group. I'd especially like to see
a dinobot gestalt team (other than dinoking) that combine to form a
giant robot which can transform into a giant dinosaur or two-headed
dragon. I believe Mirage or Hound projected a hologram of the dinobots
as a gestalt to scare Devastator in the cartoon.

H. Jameel al Khafiz

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

skyfi...@aol.com (SKYFIRE965) writes:
> well with 2 new transformer series coming out i'd like to point
> something out. all merge groups have been male. why not a feminine
> gestalt. can anyone give a reason why not? and if not a whole group of
> fembots, maybe a component or two, or a leader of a group. with new shows
> new things should be tried. maybe an alita 1 merge group made with the
> rest of those fembots from the search for alphatrion. they got along
> pretty well in the ep, they'd be good together as a gestalt.

As far as the toys go, I'd have no problem with it. However, remembe
that, in the cartoon, the female Autobots (NOT Femme Fatales. Bleah.)
were guerilla fighters who relied heavily on stealth. Combiners aren't
exactly stealthy. Well, LioKaiser is [1], but that's the Japanese
continuity, and he's a special case :-)

[1] LioKaiser, the Breastforce combiner, can turn invisible.
----
H. Jameel al Khafiz "I just found m'self floatin' in rubble,
Physicist-At-Large wonderin' what the pooz--!"
http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/usr/ha09/home --Kilowog on the Crisis

Doug Keindl

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

SKYFIRE965 wrote:

> well with 2 new transformer series coming out i'd like to point
> something out. all merge groups have been male. why not a feminine
> gestalt. can anyone give a reason why not? and if not a whole group of
> fembots, maybe a component or two, or a leader of a group. with new shows
> new things should be tried. maybe an alita 1 merge group made with the
> rest of those fembots from the search for alphatrion. they got along
> pretty well in the ep, they'd be good together as a gestalt.

Maybe. I think a few female Transformer characters would be just fine, but I'm
just thinking back into my childhhood, and remembering what happened to the He-Man and
the Masters of the Universe toys with the whole She-Ra line. If they do have a female
merge group, though, it should be the strongest one ever statwise!

Doug Keindl

Mike

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

> SKYFIRE965 wrote:
>
> well with 2 new transformer series coming out i'd like to point
> something out.

Two new transformers shows? Where did you hear this?

Matthew High

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

On August 9, 1999, Mike wrote:

> > SKYFIRE965 wrote:
> >
> > Well with 2 new transformer series coming out i'd like to point

> > something out.
>
> Two new transformers shows? Where did you hear this?

Well, one is BEAST WARS, which has already sneak-previewed its first
two eps and is due for regular syndicated broadcast twice a week
starting next month.

The other is a return of the vehicular TFs, hinted at vaguely by the
HasKen reps at BotCon 96, which is currently scheduled for broadcast
some time in 1997.

Sorry to have you tune in late, but at least you tuned in. :-)

Doug Dlin

santino porretta

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96
to spec...@cmu.edu

Superion was a stealthy gestalt. For one, he was comprised of five planes.
Two, his function is "Air Warrior". And three, on his tech-specs his speed
is 8, and can fly 800 mph with a range of 5800 miles. I would say he is
quite fast for his size.

Kendrick Kerwin Chua

Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96

In article <4ulg4p$g...@ocean.netrover.com>,

So how exactly does this make him stealthy? I would imagine that the size,
speed and overall lack of intelligence would make Superion MORE prone to
detection, rather than less. Just because you're an air warrior doesn't
mean you suddenly have ninja powers that allow you to disappear without a
trace. :)

On that note, how many TFs have stealth aircraft modes and have
anti-detection technology specified in their tech specs? Certainly
Snapdragon and Overlord don't have anything mentioned in their tech specs
about stealth capability. Nor do Whisper, Treadbolt, Fireshot or Vanquish,
but this can be forgiven since they don't have individual tech specs, only
groups ones.

KKC, yeah yeah yeah... But if I'm going to blow off spelling errors then I
might as well pretend that everybody has a uniform core vocabulary too...
--
"... like two dogs and a cat, or a bat and a pig or something ..."
Kendrick Kerwin Chua- kend...@io.com- http://www.io.com/~kendrick

Mike

Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96

> On that note, how many TFs have stealth aircraft modes and have
> anti-detection technology specified in their tech specs? Certainly
> Snapdragon and Overlord don't have anything mentioned in their tech
> specs about stealth capability.

I agree. Snapdragon's jet mode isn't even supposed to give him stealth
capabilities (at least if he was an earth jet), they are only supposed
to make him appear smaller on radar systems.

spectre

Aug 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/13/96

santino porretta (103...@netrover.com) wrote:
: Superion was a stealthy gestalt. For one, he was comprised of five planes.
: Two, his function is "Air Warrior". And three, on his tech-specs his speed
: is 8, and can fly 800 mph with a range of 5800 miles. I would say he is
: quite fast for his size.

Stealthy does not equal fast. Stealthy is the ability to pass undetected.
Big difference.

Jameel
Physicist-At-Large

santino porretta

Aug 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/16/96
to spe...@dhp.com

I apologize to those who managed to spot the error I made. I mis-used the
word 'stealth' to define how fast Superion is. Basically what I meant was
that he is very fast, so to those who I confused, my humblest of
apologies.

santino porretta

Aug 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/16/96
to mir...@worldlink.ca

What?? Speed not being related to how fast something is is like saying
someone being stupid has nothing to do with the fact they have no
education. How fast something is and speed are directly related. If
something moves at say, 1000mph that is fast (relatively speaking).
Superion travels at 800 mph and has a speed of 8. For a TF that is quite
fast, although there are many TF who are faster.
Therefore: HIGH SPEED = FAST. I fail to see the problem here.

Mike

Aug 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/16/96

Mark Legault wrote:

> Ummm... what does his being made of planes, being an air warrior, and
> being able to fly fast have to do with speed? It's completely
> unrelated....

> santino porretta <103...@netrover.com> wrote:
>
> >Superion was a stealthy gestalt. For one, he was comprised of five planes.
> >Two, his function is "Air Warrior". And three, on his tech-specs his speed
> >is 8, and can fly 800 mph with a range of 5800 miles. I would say he is
> >quite fast for his size.

I don't understand what you people are complaining about. Where does it
say speed isn't the same thing as being fast?

Deon C Thompson

Aug 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/16/96

> Therefore: HIGH SPEED = FAST. I fail to see the problem here.

--

Ask Lightspeed, Afterburner, Leadfoot, and many other ground-based (air too)
TF's. The first two have max speeds in excess of 400 mph yet they have a

[Work on TF code in progress (I haven't even started yet, I'm so
lazy)]

--
Desert Moon & The Lost Swords
[de...@hubcap.clemson.edu]

Mark Legault

Aug 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/16/96

Ken Potts

Aug 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/17/96

In <3214E9...@epix.net> Mike <aqui...@epix.net> writes:
>I don't understand what you people are complaining about. Where does
it
>say speed isn't the same thing as being fast?

Perhaps he meant quickness instead of speed.

Robert Edward Powers

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

: skyfi...@aol.com (SKYFIRE965) writes:
: > well with 2 new transformer series coming out i'd like to point
: > something out. all merge groups have been male. why not a feminine

: > gestalt. can anyone give a reason why not? and if not a whole group of
: > fembots, maybe a component or two, or a leader of a group. with new shows

There have been many, many fanfic gestalt groups... I imagine there's
one or more all-female ones out there somewhere. My own fanfic briefly had
a combiner team of seven 'cons, of which at least one was female. Come to
think of it, it might be interesting to see a list and description of all
the gestalt groups created by us, the fans.
--
Robert Powers of the Ever-Changing .sig
repo...@artsci.wustl.edu ___________________________________

Raksha

Aug 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/24/96

In article <4vg55u$m...@newsreader.wustl.edu>,

Robert Edward Powers <repo...@artsci.wustl.edu> wrote:
> There have been many, many fanfic gestalt groups... I imagine there's
>one or more all-female ones out there somewhere. My own fanfic briefly had
>a combiner team of seven 'cons, of which at least one was female. Come to
>think of it, it might be interesting to see a list and description of all
>the gestalt groups created by us, the fans.

I've got two, neither of which have appeared in the stories I've posted here,
but they'll probably show up someday ... the Reptilicons, a group of five
Decepticons, each one representing one of the five orders/suborders of living
reptiles (lizards, snakes, crocodilians, turtles, and the tuatara), who merge
into Archosaurus, a Spinosaur. These guys are all males. The other is a group
called the Arcticons, who are Pretenders whose outer shells are those of arctic
or Ice Age mammals. I haven't worked this group out yet in great detail, but
there are five team members also, of which three are female. Which makes me
wonder what the combined form would think of her-/him-/itself as.... Like I
said, not totally worked out in my mind yet. Their means of combining, btw,
are along the same principle as Monstructor and the Dino Force ... the inner
robots combine, while the outer shells can still be remote-controlled as an
additional edge in battle.
My other group, the Raptorcons (which I really did come up with before the
Jurassic Park craze, believe it or not) are based on dromaeosaur designs --
Deinonychus, Velociraptor, and relatives. They are, in fact, the creations of
one of my Reptilicons, and their team leader is a female. They don't combine,
however.

--Raksha

"I am the Plumed Serpent, I strike and I soar!"
All-time favorite Transformer: Soundwave ("The secrets of the Universe
reveal themselves to those who listen.")
e-mail: jk...@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu Dept. of Zoology, OSU
Web Page: http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/1139